March 28, 2024, 04:30:40 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Games (Nov. 15th and 19th, 2013).  (Read 61986 times)

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Games (Nov. 15th and 19th, 2013).
« Reply #420 on: December 01, 2013, 08:06:03 AM »
BBC just did an article on the FIFA ranking points - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25134584

Definitely need higher tanking matches :)
       Just my quriousity,what's the problem with us getting one of the top dogs in world Football to come to our country for a friendly game,  i'm talking about Brazil,Germany,Holland,Argentina,Italy etc etc ah know JW out smart England and got them to come here but is that something the TTFA has on the burner?

Simple Mr Cooper TT will lose our shirt. I read where it cost about 1 mil US (appearance fee)  for those teams, plus all expenses for a party of 35 people. All expenses is, First class travel, 5 star hotel, meals  and all ground transportation. To make that back and just break even you would have to charge over 300 us a ticket.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 01, 2013, 08:50:14 AM »
BBC just did an article on the FIFA ranking points - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25134584

Just my quriousity,what's the problem with us getting one of the top dogs in world Football to come to our country for a friendly game,  i'm talking about Brazil,Germany,Holland,Argentina,Italy etc etc ah know JW out smart England and got them to come here but is that something the TTFA has on the burner?

Simple Mr Cooper TT will lose our shirt. I read where it cost about 1 mil US (appearance fee)  for those teams, plus all expenses for a party of 35 people. All expenses is, First class travel, 5 star hotel, meals  and all ground transportation. To make that back and just break even you would have to charge over 300 us a ticket.
    OK got that,now what about us going there to play them,never mind i guess it's the same thing  ;D

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #422 on: December 01, 2013, 10:31:24 AM »

OK got that,now what about us going there to play them,never mind i guess it's the same thing  ;D

we don't need to spend that type of money to play those teams.. instead of brazil we can play a team like ecuador or venezuala and get a great game and practice out of it or play a team like finland or denmark instead of holland, or play a team like poland instead of germany or romania.. that fits our budget and will give us the right prep... spending money playing brazil proves nothing, unless we qualified for 2018... then yea lets get the big friendlies of that caliber..
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 10:33:13 AM by Controversial »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 01, 2013, 12:20:32 PM »
Switzerland ftw!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 03, 2013, 01:17:20 AM »
There are only 8 teams higher than us in the rankings. In reverse order;

Haiti (80)
Dominican Republic(78)
Cuba (74)
Panama (36)
Honduras (34)
Costa Rica (31)
Mexico (24)
United States (13)

Set up the USA game! :p. From a cynical perspective there are a couple teams over-ranked that would help us; Switzerland (7), Bosnia-Hertzegovina (16), Armenia (38), Cape Verde islands (42). If we had the money a match against any of these would be excellent (a draw against Switzerland would give us a lot of points).

To be honest we'll move up a hella lot - the two wins against Jamaica are worth double the points we got in the whole of last year.
I'm not entirely sure how you came up with the above mentioned teams being over-ranked but Switzerland and Cape Verde are excellent teams. If TnT were to come away with a victory over either of these, we would have accomplished much.

Trust me I ain't saying they're easy - but there are clearly more than 7 teams better than Switzerland and more than 42 teams better than Cape Verde in my opinion, making them "over ranked" in a strict sense. I mean Cape Verde are ranked higher than Japan (44), Egypt (51), Korea (56), Australia (57), and Israel (66)
Not to belabor this topic, but Cape Verde is very good. They took down some big teams in the last ACN. Youtube them.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 03, 2013, 09:38:12 AM »
This rankings system is creating commesse. If we follow the football conventional wisdom of only playing top rank teams, then we will not play any football at all.  Where is the sense of sportmanship and fairness. Why can;t TT play Germany a good game with the Germans having to worry about ther friggin' rankings. This is total bull.

Cape Verde would be a decent team to play. They have been around a while. They just start doing what other countries do. Use players whose parents are from CV. Lots of Portuguese and possible US born players. That is why their standards have jumped a couple notches. The country to watch out for in the furure is Equatorial Guinea. They have lots of petro dollars and doing a whole lot of development. Unfortunately they have a strongman PM. But the Chinese built some stadiums for them recently. They came also use immigrants from Spain to play for them. They were a former Spanish colony.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:58:13 AM by Deeks »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 05, 2013, 09:54:17 AM »
Totally agree - the rankings create a perverse disincentive to playing teams poorly ranked. Imagine if one of the ABCS suddenly shot up in the rankings - they'd probably pull out of the ABCS tournament to preserve their rankings... They should really be at least cumulative, or more sensibly just drop the worst one or two points-scoring games from the calculation

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 13, 2015, 09:55:31 PM »
Everybody talkin bout how great things are going right now..I hope this can continue into the future. I sincerely hope that we can beat Jamaica when it matters. We always seem to be able to beat important teams in unimportant games. We haven't been able to dominate Jamaica when we really need to i.e a world cup qualifier..even with our best players. I can see improvement since Hart has taken over. He has been able to bring organization and confidence back. This, however is not nearly enough to get us to a world cup. The way forward is for the Technical Director or the Director of Football sit down with all the National Coaches and plan the way forward. There is a lot of work to be done..if we had to prepare for world cup qualifiers starting after the WC, going along  the same way we are going right now, we would fall short. We are in stop gap mode. I know this the because the youth program is no program at all.
 I made a point about the game i.e I pointed out that the Jamaicans offered little or no pressure on top neither in the midfield..the result was censorship..why not just ban me so that I can't post anything anymore.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 13, 2015, 10:06:15 PM »
Hear nah I post dis ting to show how allyuh going around in circles..allyuh happy about de Panama friendly but what long term planning has been put in place for the improvement of the football.

We going into a friendly...what kind of preparation is being put in with a nucleus of players?

Are we going to continue with this style of team selection patterned after the developed world which is so rich in the abundance of quality players?

This method of selection and preparation will only produce mediocre results..

This National coach takes the safe road...he takes no chances with his career...he has the formula on mediocrity..

He knows how to field a team that performs creditably...

There is no way anybody can keep doing the same exact thing ..it doesn't matter how many times ..and expect a different result each time.

1]; } ?>