March 29, 2024, 09:24:53 AM

Author Topic: News from the Motherland.  (Read 3590 times)

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
News from the Motherland.
« on: November 05, 2013, 07:43:15 AM »
I've heard that Sheldon Phillips has had a brainwave of making the JA home game a testimonial for Carlos Edwards and Chris Birchall. It will be their last international. Problem is, he hasn't asked them if they want this. Also, does he realise that a testimonial means the players will get the gate (or a large cut of the gate?).

It's a great idea to honour the players but, again, I don't think he's thought it through. If people attend to pay homage to Carlos and MeMum, they will expect their entrance fee to go to them.

I don't think Sheldon is a crook, he seems like a very decent guy, but I think he has the wrong people around him who may even be setting him up. Also, he really wants TTFA to get praise, so much so that he's not willing to bring others on board to share the praise. But with a dodgy crew around him, he's gonna end up as the fall guy! I know his father have high praises for Tim Kee though but they will not bring in someone capable of outshinning them.

I also heard that Terrance Marcelle is on the verge of opening a Sport Store in San Fernando.

As for the League.

The Pro League have introduced a player of the month and coach of the month award. The coach award is sponsored by BlueWaters. Coach gets $500 plus a nice trophy. Not sure who sponsors the player award or how much they win.

They presented Sept and Oct yesterday at the Toyota launch. Not sure who got the September awards but Fenwick and Winchester got the October awards.

At the Toyota classic launch Central were one of four seeded clubs. They were drawn at home to Joe Public. But the game will be played at Marvin Lee Stadium, while, W Connection and Club Sando will play their home games at Ato Boldon. There will be other games at Marvin Lee where none of the teams will have an advantage or disadvantage.

I heard that Central have written a strong letter of complaint about how can a home team play at the away teams home stadium?

I heard that Dexter Skeene threw that complaint in the delete folder.

To me, it wouldn't matter if it was a grass field, but JP will clearly have a massive advantage by playing on the plastic pitch.

I believe, fair enough if they're the home team, but how can that be a home advantage to Central, a team I am a big supporter off.

Finally, it's not even in their region! So, again, no home advantage! Guaya play North East in Guaya. Point play at home in Point. W.Conn play at home in Ato, but Central play JP in Macoya??

Sometimes I feel Jack is still pulling the strings in football.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 07:49:21 AM by Insider »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: News from the Motherland.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 08:13:46 AM »
To be quite clear, Insider, Central have written to Julia Baptiste, the Pro League's fixture coordinator. She has a very difficult job to do and one that seldom receives praise, but often receives criticism. Organising these fixtures is a nightmare with so few facilities. It is very positive that teams like Guaya and Point can play games in their community. Perhaps the scheduling of Central at Marvin Lee was just an oversight and the repercussions were not considered fully? As the letter was sent yesterday, it would be unreasonable to expect an immediate response.
Also, praise should be given to the ProLeague for instigating the player and coach of the month. This really contributes towards making personalities into stars and attracting more interest and support. Of course, it's even better when our coach and our striker gets these awards!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 08:20:04 AM »
I've heard that Sheldon Phillips has had a brainwave of making the JA home game a testimonial for Carlos Edwards and Chris Birchall. It will be their last international. Problem is, he hasn't asked them if they want this. Also, does he realise that a testimonial means the players will get the gate (or a large cut of the gate?).

As this has not been officially released, perhaps they will dedicate the game to Carlos or Chris? It's not usual to have a full international as a testimonial. It's a nice idea to pay tribute and recognise the contributions made by these fellas. It would also be nice to pay tribute to those blacklisted players who's careers were prematurely terminated. While everyone may still consider the jury out on the new TTFA, we should not look to discourage their ideas. We want something different than before. That doesn't mean to say that criticism shouldn't take place when warranted.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 08:21:49 AM »
I've heard there is a possibility they may honour the players with a possible farewell game but it is not a Testimonial as International teams rarely do that.

False Facts once again "Insider"....seems like everyone is on a  TTFA Smear Campaign

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 08:26:44 AM »
I've heard there is a possibility they may honour the players with a possible farewell game but it is not a Testimonial as International teams rarely do that.

False Facts once again "Insider"....seems like everyone is on a  TTFA Smear Campaign

Chinese whispers, not false facts, BB. Insider said "he's heard". Insider seems to get lots of gossip and repeats it. Most times it's accurate. Don't shoot the messenger or he'll stop posting!!

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 08:32:58 AM »

Chinese whispers, not false facts, BB. Insider said "he's heard". Insider seems to get lots of gossip and repeats it. Most times it's accurate. Don't shoot the messenger or he'll stop posting!!

here's hoping  :beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 08:38:05 AM »

here's hoping  :beermug:

Bitchy lol

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 08:48:21 AM »
Umm did Carlos (maybe Birchall did) announce a retirement from international football?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 09:00:34 AM »
Umm did Carlos (maybe Birchall did) announce a retirement from international football?

I think they both did, citing that they want to concentrate on their club football.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 09:41:45 AM »

I think they both did, citing that they want to concentrate on their club football.

I  remember Chris not Carlos
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 09:46:57 AM »

Carlos has not officially retired, Birchy has.

This is a chance to honour Birchy and give him a farewell he deserves from the fans.. If Carlos wants to announce his retirement this too is an opportunity for him to say his goodbyes and the fans to thank him for his service

A nice gesture from the TTFA and a good opportunity for fans to thank the lads

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 11:24:27 AM »
I think its a great idea to give them a farewell match. We need to do a better job at recognising our players. Big up to Sheldon Phillips for this, but by now the players should have known?

And big up to Julia Baptiste for her hard work, but she should seek some assistant.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 12:32:16 PM »
We have to give Sheldon Phillips a lot of credit, since he came onboard there are so many positives.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: News from the Motherland.
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 12:40:41 PM »
We have to give Sheldon Phillips a lot of credit, since he came onboard there are so many positives.

Decent freindly games too
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, 06:22:15 PM »
Terrance Marcelle opened up a Joma store in San Fernando today.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 08:12:35 PM »

Where is the store located?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 02:35:27 PM »
Does it actually sell TT and Pro League shirts tho? When I went in Easter I went all around Westmoorings and Diego Martin and only found a single shirt!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 03:27:15 PM »
Does it actually sell TT and Pro League shirts tho? When I went in Easter I went all around Westmoorings and Diego Martin and only found a single shirt!

You can order Central F.C. jerseys with a name and number of your choice for $350 plus p&p. But at this point, we cannot take card payments!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 04:19:45 AM »

You can order Central F.C. jerseys with a name and number of your choice for $350 plus p&p. But at this point, we cannot take card payments!

That kinda leaves me in trouble then! You ever thought about taking paypal payments? It's quite easy, secure, and gives you some protection as a company

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 07:23:57 AM »

That kinda leaves me in trouble then! You ever thought about taking paypal payments? It's quite easy, secure, and gives you some protection as a company

Of course. Been using paypal for years. Except in this country it ain't quite so easy to set up! Apparently my T&T bank card doesn't work with it! So, we're working on an alternative!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 10:49:27 AM »

Of course. Been using paypal for years. Except in this country it ain't quite so easy to set up! Apparently my T&T bank card doesn't work with it! So, we're working on an alternative!

Thanks man, when you can please send details to the newsletter! I only have a Defence Jersey because my girlfriend's parents brought me it! (Dad is ex-army, but missed out on the green and yellow jersey and got this season's white and black)

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2013, 02:55:25 PM »

Where is the store located?

His store name

https://www.facebook.com/terry.marc.77

1]; } ?>