April 27, 2024, 09:55:20 PM

Author Topic: U17 Girls allowing 26 goals & scoring 0 in 3 games embarrassment to the Country!  (Read 5857 times)

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Mr. Technical Director what you have to say about our U17 girls allowing 26 girls an scoring 0 in 3 games! Do you know these scores are posted all over the world. What a SHAME to all Trinis!

I hear the usual excuses no funding, lack of preparation. At this level am not buying, here is why.

90% of the players are at home, a coach needs soccer balls, cones, pinnies, a soccer field and an athletic therapist, not much expense there. As for games they can play vs boys U14 / U15 teams and even some older women local teams at the club level but this needs to be the vision of a coach and Technical Director to fully understand that getting the girls out and training is key to success.

Conceding 26 goals and scoring 0 in 3 games. Technical Director and coaching staff needs to be accountable and not the players. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:32:57 PM by Coach »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Mr. Technical Director what have to say about our U17 girls allowing 26 girls an scoring 0 in 3 games! Do you know these scores are posted all over the world. What a SHAME to all Trinis!

I hear the usual excuses no funding, lack of preparation. At this level am not buying, here is why.

90% of the players are at home, a coach needs soccer balls, cones, pinnies, a soccer field and an athletic therapist, not much expense there. As for games they can play vs boys U14 / U15 teams and even some older women local teams at the club level but this needs to be the vision of a coach and Technical Director to fully understand that getting the girls out and training is key to success.

Conceding 26 goals and scoring 0 in 3 games. Technical Director and coaching staff needs to be accountable and not the players. 

What kind of coach are you? Playing at home is good, but they need more than just that. They need to be taken out of their environment and made to play in different environment.

The girls did play a couple U16 boys team.....FYI
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Mr. Technical Director what have to say about our U17 girls allowing 26 girls an scoring 0 in 3 games! Do you know these scores are posted all over the world. What a SHAME to all Trinis!

What kind of coach are you? Playing at home is good, but they need more than just that. They need to be taken out of their environment and made to play in different environment.

The girls did play a couple U16 boys team.....FYI
If players basic technical and tactical skills are not work on with lots of repetitions in training it will be tough for them to compete out of their environment. Clearly conceding 26 goals and scoring 0 shows that development at the grassroots level needs to be look at by the Technical Director! Also look at the highlights you will see some of those players should not even be playing at this level.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Take it easy elan  we all want whats best for all our national football teams, at all levels  men and women . what's worriesome  elan , as expressed by many of us is a lack of accountability by many of the very people entrusted with the responsibility to ensure their charges are fit and ready to compete internationally... what we need to understand is whenever any national team is sent to compete whether  regionally or internationally they are  representing all of Trinidad and Tobago mediocrity is unacceptable, not in todays global world ..  i believe  as i've mentioned we all want the very best for our national teams at every level of competition .... 

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Agreed !!!

And Shabazz did the same for over 10 years with the ladies and stay as coach.

Marlon Charles and Ross Russell should not be head coaches, they not learning the game and they been here years now and continue to fail and still here.

Angus Eve mighta do a better job with the ladies, he have some experience, I eh like him to much because he have a asshole attitude, but out of de locals he seems ok.

We should also train a women to be a top coach for the women team, maybe Akhela Mollon, Arin King and Maylee Attin-Johnson, they have good experience.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
Was this team picked from seeing them play games or through "trials". Trialling for national teams makes no sense. Its clear these girls are not good enough. Guatemala beat them 7-0, c'mon really??? We cant even score against the team that was supposed to closest to us in standard

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ross Russell has won the Pro League so he can't be that bad - there are clearly a number of issues here , with my personal guess being the lack of grass-roots investment

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
How many of the Guatemala team actually comes from Guatemala? From what I heard almost their entire team is made up of girls from USA and Canada.

Also, the coach does not have many options, the quality of SSFL girls is relatively poor, I am sure under 13 women teams from N American can beat any of them teams including the under 15 women.

on the flip side, I hope we develop some program for our youth teams this is really embarrassing to watch or team get destroyed like this. And the coaches needs some advance training as well.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:07:15 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
America's women's football system is 2nd to none in the world - players in there are the equivalent to the Premier League...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
How many of the Guatemala team actually comes from Guatemala? From what I heard almost their entire team is made up of girls from USA and Canada.

Also, the coach does not have many options, the quality of SSFL girls is relatively poor, I am sure under 13 women teams from N American can beat any of them teams including the under 15 women.

on the flip side, I hope we develop some program for our youth teams this is really embarrassing to watch or team get destroyed like this. And the coaches needs some advance training as well.

The Mexican women's senior team I recall is mainly made up of US born players too. Clearly the American system is way ahead. Although I would argue Germany and Japan not far away either.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:44:27 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How many of the Guatemala team actually comes from Guatemala? From what I heard almost their entire team is made up of girls from USA and Canada ...

Only two of their players are based outside of Guatemala: Mimi Castellanos (Blue Heat, Los Angeles) and Lauren Markwith (Southern Cal Blues; Rancho Capistrano).

http://www.scblues.com/

A couple of the girls are part of Futeca Camp Elite set-up that routinely sends teams to participate in tournaments in the US, particularly in Cali.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What age group was the girls who did so well 2 years ago, I believe it was a mixture of locals and foreigners.........

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
What age group was the girls who did so well 2 years ago, I believe it was a mixture of locals and foreigners.........

Under 17. About Half the team was foreign.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
until and unless the critical issues are addressed head on .....the old adage  will continue  which is poor preparations  =  poor results .!!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What shame and embarassment to the country u talking about,that's nothing close to when Guyana beat us and we had a foreign Coach,give the girls a break.

I might be wrong but i have noticed since 06 we have not had an international tournament in this country,everything playing either in Jamaica or some other small countries,i think we have the best capabilities to hold tournaments (CFU),it seems also if we want warm up games we have to travel,any explaination for this?i just think more teams should be coming to T&T to play since we have such facilities,isn't this a way also for the TTFA to generate some kind of income?.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:38:11 AM by Coop's »

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
What shame and embarassment to the country u talking about,that's nothing close to when Guyana beat us and we had a foreign Coach,give the girls a break.

I might be wrong but i have noticed since 06 we have not had an international tournament in this country,everything playing either in Jamaica or some other small countries,i think we have the best capabilities to hold tournaments (CFU),it seems also if we want warm up games we have to travel,any explaination for this?i just think more teams should be coming to T&T to play since we have such facilities,isn't this a way also for the TTFA to generate some kind of income?.

Coops it's a great idea as yes the TTFA has great facilities however I believe the cost of asking a country to come in and play friendlies is down-loaded to the hosting country. Can somebody correct me if I am wrong. None-the-less the women's program needs to start something and fast. They have been idle since their trip to England. 2015 is just around the corner & with an extra spot being added to Concacaf this will be our best chance to date to get to the WWC.
We started playing Costa Rica with success & this needs to continue, we need to go into Mexico as well have them come to Trinidad. We also need to go to South America and play Conmebol teams. The TTFA should also get the ladies involved with International tournaments. More international experience will garner better quality football in the big picture. Here's hoping.

Cheers  19

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Coops it's a great idea as yes the TTFA has great facilities however I believe the cost of asking a country to come in and play friendlies is down-loaded to the hosting country. Can somebody correct me if I am wrong. None-the-less the women's program needs to start something and fast. They have been idle since their trip to England. 2015 is just around the corner & with an extra spot being added to Concacaf this will be our best chance to date to get to the WWC.
We started playing Costa Rica with success & this needs to continue, we need to go into Mexico as well have them come to Trinidad. We also need to go to South America and play Conmebol teams. The TTFA should also get the ladies involved with International tournaments. More international experience will garner better quality football in the big picture. Here's hoping.

Cheers  19

Yes international friendlies are fine but if u notice our Youth teams don't play any international friendlies at home,any how i was was not really talking about friendlies,i am refering to tournaments.

I doesn't want to refer to the US but these people have such good developmental scenarios that organization/clubs can choose from,for instaance every holiday weekend you can finad a tournament to play in in all parts of the US,tournaments earn big money earners for organizations and clubs,i am talking about at the Youth level all age groups Boys/Girls,US teams like to travel and stay in hotel etc etc in that way these players get used to playing in different States under different conditions,i know of teams who during the Winter that travel to Florida and play tournaments/camp etc etc

Why i am saying all this is because we have the facilities to host something like this,is not like we have to pay to bring these teams here,all we need to do is make sure when these teams come here they experience a well run tournament.I attended a Over 40 tournament at the HCS last weekend it's run by Geofrey Lake and friends,this tournament has been in existance for some time,when it started it used to have about 40 teams,last weekend it had about 12,they attract teams from Barbados, Guyana,Brooklyn etc the tournament look run down but i was able to meet a lot of my old players like Dwarika,Jug Head,Lobo etc etc i understand Barbados has one and next week it have one in Tobago,tournaments must be made interesting else no one comes back.

It have teams does leave home and go to Texas etc for tournaments why can't we have one.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Cheers  19

I GUESS YOU MISS THIS PART IN THE ARTICLE "Conceding 26 goals and scoring 0 in 3 games. Technical Director and coaching staff needs to be accountable and not the players. "

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Cheers  19

I GUESS YOU MISS THIS PART IN THE ARTICLE "Conceding 26 goals and scoring 0 in 3 games. Technical Director and coaching staff needs to be accountable and not the players. "

Thanks Coach I can read and thanks for reliving my nightmare however you are  aware that the conversation switched from U17 to senior women midstream.

Coach Charles and staff will be having nightmares over this Concacaf for years to come.

Cheers  19

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Walk around trinidad and tell me how much girls you see playing football on a regular basis

There is no shame in playing or coaching for your country

It that is the beSt that is the best.

Reality is a bitch

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Walk around trinidad and tell me how much girls you see playing football on a regular basis

There is no shame in playing or coaching for your country

It that is the beSt that is the best.

Reality is a bitch

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline salt-or-fresh

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Look at the stat summary

Stats Summary: USA / TRI
Shots: 39 / 0
Shots on Goal: 16 / 0
Saves: 0 / 8
Corner Kicks: 16 / 0
Fouls: 11 / 7
Offside: 3 / 0

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Look at the stat summary

Nice for pointing out the stats! The reality was for the people in charge i.e. Technical Director who needed to step up and say to TTFF sorry but these girls are not ready and and we should skip this tournament but then again you needed a Technical Director who knows the game to make that call! Can you imagine the negative impact about the game, sick feelings and embarrassment this tournament has done to these girls. Who in TTFF really cares about this?? No one.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Look at the stat summary

Nice for pointing out the stats! The reality was for the people in charge i.e. Technical Director who needed to step up and say to TTFF sorry but these girls are not ready and and we should skip this tournament but then again you needed a Technical Director who knows the game to make that call! Can you imagine the negative impact about the game, sick feelings and embarrassment this tournament has done to these girls. Who in TTFF really cares about this?? No one.

Coach these girls can do better, much better. Not saying that they would have beaten everyone but they could have put on a better show. The girls are not feeling embarrassed coach, they are feeling disappointment. Maybe you are embarrassed, but I am not. Why? I have seen what the girls can do, and I know it was a tough experience for them so I think disappointment might be a better description.

Coach answer me this, do you think the girl felt as though they could have at least won one game?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Agreed !!!

And Shabazz did the same for over 10 years with the ladies and stay as coach.

Marlon Charles and Ross Russell should not be head coaches, they not learning the game and they been here years now and continue to fail and still here.

Angus Eve mighta do a better job with the ladies, he have some experience, I eh like him to much because he have a asshole attitude, but out of de locals he seems ok.

We should also train a women to be a top coach for the women team, maybe Akhela Mollon, Arin King and Maylee Attin-Johnson, they have good experience.

I agree that females with experience (who have played at the International level) need to be put in place on all three levels. I know the old adage is that just because you have played the game does not make you a good coach. However having played and knowing what it takes to take your game to the highest level & maintain it. Well in my humble opinion should be done by a female who has played.

Three very good names has been put forth here. Ms. Johnson has been around for a number of years and has gone through the system and knows what it takes on and off the pitch. She also has the respect of the current players (U-17 & 20). Ms. Mollen has also a proven track record on the international scene as well the professional fronts.She is well known with-in the women's program at all levels. I am not sure if the girls have that respect for her as an individual as they do Johnson. However she would also be a good choice. I never understood why ms Mollen has not been involved with the senior's for the past two years as she is more than capable. Ms. King ha been with the program since U-17 and also has professional experience.Everyone with-in the current senior's respects her and her footballing abilities (technical & tactical).She has also been involved in The Canadian system for years at it's highest levels which will help in the big picture.

Personally i would see if Jinelle James is interested in spearheading the program. She has the playing experience so she knows from a players perspective what needs to get done on and off the pitch. I believe she is also our zonal Concacaf representative so she is well versed in the administration end of football. I thought I read that she has her coaching credentials. In My humble opinion well suited to be involved. I would then have the three aforementioned ladies as senior-player/assistant coaches however also become head coaches & assistant's with-in the U-15-17- & 20 programs respectively.

These moves in appointing females would also show the younger Princesses that they too can aspire too be involved with-in the Women's program later on in the footballing careers.

Just my opinion !!!!!

Cheers   19
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:37:49 AM by Soccer 19 »

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Look at the stat summary

Coach these girls can do better, much better. Not saying that they would have beaten everyone but they could have put on a better show. The girls are not feeling embarrassed coach, they are feeling disappointment. Maybe you are embarrassed, but I am not. Why? I have seen what the girls can do, and I know it was a tough experience for them so I think disappointment might be a better description.

Coach answer me this, do you think the girl felt as though they could have at least won one game?
I don't think before a game any player thinks they are going to lose. But looking at the group they knew that it would  be tough vs the USA and Canada. I am sure they had a good feeling about beating Guatemala.

I can understand losing to the USA and Canada (but not by that much). look Guatemala lose 8-0 to Canada and 7-0 to USA and then Guatemala turn around and beat us 7-0. This clearly shows that something is wrong with the technical and coaching staff and NOT THE GIRLS!

This is not some minor league we are talking about this is International football.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Obvious difficiencies!! the coaches and its technical personnel need to be accountable , again they were literally out coached in every department  plain and simple..... 26 goals in three (3) games is madness.. its unacceptable ... i can just see  the many officionados willing and ready to pounce  giving the various reasons  for the results as it relates  coming up against canada and the u.s !!!...   one of the problems i'm having is a resignation of fear /  the defeatist mentality  among many of our national coaches , lets face it .... its there .!!  that mentality must change  ...i do not believe its far fetched we must seek to change that among many of the other factors.....    pls note we cannot go  from competing so well in( 2010  at the worlds in trinidad) .against the likes of nigeria , korea, and chile to being ...ok i'll save  it .... was anything learned from then ..... its clear something has gone wrong .... am out

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Obvious difficiencies!! the coaches and its technical personnel need to be accountable , again they were literally out coached in every department  plain and simple..... 26 goals in three (3) games is madness.. its unacceptable ... i can just see  the many officionados willing and ready to pounce  giving the various reasons  for the results as it relates  coming up against canada and the u.s !!!...   one of the problems i'm having is a resignation of fear /  the defeatist mentality  among many of our national coaches , lets face it .... its there .!!  that mentality must change  ...i do not believe its far fetched we must seek to change that among many of the other factors.....    pls note we cannot go  from competing so well in( 2010  at the worlds in trinidad) .against the likes of nigeria , korea, and chile to being ...ok i'll save  it .... was anything learned from then ..... its clear something has gone wrong .... am out
In 2010 there was someone who had the experience and knowledge in charge of the women's program, that is why the girls did good.

The fiasco that took place in this tournament has nothing to do with the girls. The blame is totally on the poor knowledge of our technical and coaching staff, as I do believe we have the players to compete on any stage in CONCACAF.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 02:18:17 PM by Coach »

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yeah I'm wondering how we go from that formula that looked great 2 years ago to this.......

1]; } ?>