April 26, 2024, 07:44:20 PM

Author Topic: U17 Girls allowing 26 goals & scoring 0 in 3 games embarrassment to the Country!  (Read 5850 times)

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Agreed ... just to add or clarify coach , am not talking about mr pellerud , is essence he showed what can be achieved    when things are done properly ....   point is  he bought organisation  to the team and the players he had under his  charge,  however after his ( mr. pellerud's ) departure something has clearly gone wrong .like i previously mentioned i refuse to lay blame on the young ladies /girls ........   note carefully it was the same (mr pellerud who had been in charge of the canadian women's programme here in canada .....(  before coming to trinidad .)..  our coaches need help and should be brave enough must admit it .  they also have downright responsibilty to declare to the administration and those  governing bodies be it  the sport ministry and all connected  what the requirements are  when representing all spectre of natiional sport they are duty bound to do so ...  be it football , athletics , swimming, etc .... we must aspire to develope a professional/ winning  mentality

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
just joining in on this one ... the facts really look bad ...23 against 0 in favour ... in a serious country the tech staff would have been fired  ...have we fired anyone ? I hope we have, since keeping them in place wont change a thing.
For years Marlon Charles was our womens coach ..maybe Tallman can say just how long he held the position ... check out his record ...yet the man seemed unmoveable ...untouchable and impregnable ...and you ask ..based on what ??
I have always felt that if sufficient time and resources are allocated to our women  we can get better results than our men in a shorter term ....the gap is far too wide in the mens game ... I would like to see Mr Hart, or someone who clearly understands the modern game as he does, be appointed to the job with sponsorship support as to take us to the next level. 

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
just joining in on this one ... the facts really look bad ...23 against 0 in favour ... in a serious country the tech staff would have been fired  ...have we fired anyone ? I hope we have, since keeping them in place wont change a thing.
For years Marlon Charles was our womens coach ..maybe Tallman can say just how long he held the position ... check out his record ...yet the man seemed unmoveable ...untouchable and impregnable ...and you ask ..based on what ??
I have always felt that if sufficient time and resources are allocated to our women  we can get better results than our men in a shorter term ....the gap is far too wide in the mens game ... I would like to see Mr Hart, or someone who clearly understands the modern game as he does, be appointed to the job with sponsorship support as to take us to the next level. 
Having Mr Hart also control our Technical Program is a good idea, he has experience in this field with Canada.
In a short time look how he has turned around our men's team by having them play as a well organize team!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I hope i'm not making any mistakes here but if i can recall the history of Coaches our Women have had over the years,with the exception of the foreign Coaches our Women programs have never gone any where,please don't call Coach Hart he alone can't handle all our national teams that is if we want him do a good job.

These are some of the Coaches i can recall,Robbie Grinidge,Dexter Skeene,Anton Corneal,Jamaal Shabazz,Marlon Charles etc i might have missed out some not being around (Tallman).

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Agreed !!!

And Shabazz did the same for over 10 years with the ladies and stay as coach.

Marlon Charles and Ross Russell should not be head coaches, they not learning the game and they been here years now and continue to fail and still here.

Angus Eve mighta do a better job with the ladies, he have some experience, I eh like him to much because he have a asshole attitude, but out of de locals he seems ok.

We should also train a women to be a top coach for the women team, maybe Akhela Mollon, Arin King and Maylee Attin-Johnson, they have good experience.

Coach Hart has enough on his plate to try and take on the Senior Woman's team. His experience in coaching women is also limited. That is not saying that he could not do a good job (as I am sure he would) however he just doesn't have that time & one or the other program would suffer.
I had posted the enclosed below on page one of this thread & I still feel that involving the females that have the knowledge and experience from with-in our system is the way to go !!!!

I agree that females with experience (who have played at the International level) need to be put in place on all three levels. I know the old adage is that just because you have played the game does not make you a good coach. However having played and knowing what it takes to take your game to the highest level & maintain it. Well in my humble opinion should be done by a female who has played.

Three very good names has been put forth here. Ms. Johnson has been around for a number of years and has gone through the system and knows what it takes on and off the pitch. She also has the respect of the current players (U-17 & 20). Ms. Mollen has also a proven track record on the international scene as well the professional fronts.She is well known with-in the women's program at all levels. I am not sure if the girls have that respect for her as an individual as they do Johnson. However she would also be a good choice. I never understood why ms Mollen has not been involved with the senior's for the past two years as she is more than capable. Ms. King ha been with the program since U-17 and also has professional experience.Everyone with-in the current senior's respects her and her footballing abilities (technical & tactical).She has also been involved in The Canadian system for years at it's highest levels which will help in the big picture.

Personally i would see if Jinelle James is interested in spearheading the program. She has the playing experience so she knows from a players perspective what needs to get done on and off the pitch. I believe she is also our zonal Concacaf representative so she is well versed in the administration end of football. I thought I read that she has her coaching credentials. In My humble opinion well suited to be involved. I would then have the three aforementioned ladies as senior-player/assistant coaches however also become head coaches & assistant's with-in the U-15-17- & 20 programs respectively.

These moves in appointing females would also show the younger Princesses that they too can aspire too be involved with-in the Women's program later on in the footballing careers.

Just my opinion !!!!!

Cheers   19

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I hope i'm not making any mistakes here but if i can recall the history of Coaches our Women have had over the years,with the exception of the foreign Coaches our Women programs have never gone any where,please don't call Coach Hart he alone can't handle all our national teams that is if we want him do a good job.

These are some of the Coaches i can recall,Robbie Grinidge,Dexter Skeene,Anton Corneal,Jamaal Shabazz,Marlon Charles etc i might have missed out some not being around (Tallman).
I agree that coach Hart can't handle all our national teams but he can be used as an adviser to the Technical Director.

Hart was involve for many years as a youth coach and technical director for Canada before taking up the coaching duties for Canada men senior team, so his experience with youth development can certainly help our football.

Seeing more poor performances from our teams than good the best suggestion is for TTFF to speak to Hart about getting more involve in our overall football development as an adviser and leave it up to Hart to say yes or no.

Anyone can see that Anton needs help!

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

I agree that coach Hart can't handle all our national teams but he can be used as an adviser to the Technical Director.

Hart was involve for many years as a youth coach and technical director for Canada before taking up the coaching duties for Canada men senior team, so his experience with youth development can certainly help our football.

Seeing more poor performances from our teams than good the best suggestion is for TTFF to speak to Hart about getting more involve in our overall football development as an adviser and leave it up to Hart to say yes or no.

Anyone can see that Anton needs help!

Point well made re help required !!!!!!!!!
Sooner than later as well.
2015 WWC & 2015 Pan American games are just around the corner.

1]; } ?>