April 19, 2024, 09:39:04 AM

Author Topic: West Indies vs India 1st Test (5/11/13)  (Read 5422 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: West Indies vs India 1st Test (5/11/13)
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2013, 04:12:11 AM »
Innings and 51 run defeat
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2013, 07:31:50 AM »
The West Indies selectors and a lot of the current players are a joke.  People talk about Sammy being a good captain but how is throwing away your wicket playing stupid shots good captaincy?  Sammy is a waste of a pick on the test team.  His game is better suited for 20/20 and one day cricket.  I think Dwayne Bravo would be a better choice for tests over Sammy. 

A lot of our test batsmen bat with a 20/20 mentality.  They are very impatient and give away their wickets needlessly.  Powell and Sammy in the first inning and Gayle in the second inning are prime example.  Somebody need to get these batsmen to change their mentality in tests or we will continue to get the same results. 

Anybody know why Chanderpaul isn't moved up the order?  I would even ask him to open the batting.  He is being wasted in the middle because no one will stick around long enough with him.

I hope this is the last test series we see Sammy on the test team.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2013, 11:06:45 AM »
Honestly I don't think any team selection right now will save us. We just don't have Test players good enough simple as that.

that's bull bro and you know it...

the wicb and selectors are controlled by the top 3 nations, they tell the selectors and wicb who to select. You really think India wants to face a strong west indies in Tendulkar last match? They control the tv rights worldwide for cricket, they lose and over 400 million turn off their tv sets, loss in ad revenue and other ancillary streams.

west indies are the fete team of world cricket, give them the 20/20 world cup, odi every now and then, test matches is more money bc of the length and commerical roi from ads and so forth...

the best team has not played for the west indies in donkey years since the advent of tv revenues...

Narine is 10 times a better spinner than Shilly, insularity is also a part of the equation, but over that is control and money

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2013, 11:14:58 AM »
So I now remember them fellas so I come here jokingly saying all out you mean them fellas serious they lost the match in 3 days. Again I say thank God I GET MY DELIVERANCE FROM THESE FELLAS.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2013, 11:15:15 AM »
Gayle out
34/1

Going to sleep now. Will check back in a few hrs

I shoulda go to sleep too.
47/2

from the time the selectors didnt select narine, you should have boycott this nonsense

Only for the Test Team. Narine will get his chance again. You cah pick Narine over men who performing better than him in Test. Narine test record ain't that special.

really? you ever wonder why west indies are at the bottom still?  :rotfl:

every other test playing nation would select their best spinner and especially if he is #1 in both odi and 20/20... only in the west indies, insularity and corruption prevents the best players from playing...

that's why tt should go it alone... then I would enjoy test cricket once more... not under this fake regime

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: West Indies vs India 1st Test (5/11/13)
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2013, 11:19:00 AM »
Narine is 10 times a better spinner than Shilly.

Definitely not in Test cricket, unless you know something i don't. Have you seen Shillingford record in Test cricket?.

Narine wasn't selected against Zimbabwe for Test so the India argument kinda thin for that.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 03:00:13 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: West Indies vs India 1st Test (5/11/13)
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2013, 11:26:04 AM »

really? you ever wonder why west indies are at the bottom still?  :rotfl:

every other test playing nation would select their best spinner and especially if he is #1 in both odi and 20/20... only in the west indies, insularity and corruption prevents the best players from playing...

that's why tt should go it alone... then I would enjoy test cricket once more... not under this fake regime

You is another one who think Trinidad should go it alone? We only good in T20. We cah even beat Jamaica in four day cricket or win the regional ODI cup.

You have a point with the WI team selections. But everybody will have their own favourite and only 11 men can play on the field.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:59:19 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2013, 05:41:49 AM »
Narine aint prove he good enough for test cricket.
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2013, 10:30:05 AM »
Narine aint prove he good enough for test cricket.

He should be given a few more matches to prove himself at test level.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2013, 11:08:52 AM »
Brathwaite
Powell
Edwards
Darren Bravo
Samuels
Chanderpaul
Ramdin
Narine
Shillingford
Roach
Rampaul
Youtube Channel

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2013, 04:37:47 PM »
He should be given a few more matches to prove himself at test level.

If Im being fair to Narine..i would say.its no fault of his own that there arent ENOUGH test matches to prove himself because there are too many 20/20 matches now...

But he will not develop this side of his game as long as 20/20 cricket is keeping him busy...
Ah say it, how ah see it

1]; } ?>