April 28, 2024, 02:52:50 PM

Author Topic: Boucaud happy to be a T&T fixture.  (Read 884 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Boucaud happy to be a T&T fixture.
« on: November 03, 2013, 04:43:30 AM »
Boucaud happy to be a T&T fixture.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

A series of strong performances by English-born midfielder Andre Boucaud has gained him a lot of attention among followers of the national team in recent times. The Notts County player, wearing the number 14 shirt, attracted interest from those who witnessed the T&T versus New Zealand friendly at the Hasely Crawford Stadium recently.

His strong presence and composure on the ball, his work ethic and his ability to surprise defences with forward surges, as was the case with his goal against Saudi Arabia, are some of his key elements which have seen head coach Stephen Hart keep faith in him.

Boucaud says it’s down to belief that he could still have a future in international football.

“I think after I came back into the national team in 2011 after such a lengthy lay off and then still have to sit on the bench, it could have been easy to throw in the towel,” said Boucaud.

“But I kept believing and I kept working hard. Then the chance came and I grabbed it. I think my performances can still be better but it hasn’t been bad and I’m pleased about it. I like how the coach (Stephen Hart) is carrying the team now. My game is up and I want to continue being part of the efforts going forward,” he added.

The 29-year-old midfielder has also played for Peterborough, Luton Town, York City, Kettering Town and Wycombe Wanderers. Currently he is a regular first teamer with Notts County.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Boucaud happy to be a T&T fixture.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 10:17:45 AM »
he is a good player that seizes his opportunities, i am glad he is a fixture and continues to grow :beermug:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Boucaud feels a good vibe.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 06:31:43 AM »
Boucaud feels a good vibe.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

He still shakes his head anytime he thinks about a lay off of nine years between his debut for T&T in 2004 and his return this year but Notts County midfielder, Andre Boucaud, seems to be enjoying some of the best moments of his international career under Stephen Hart.

Boucaud, wearing the number 14 shirt, has been solid in the middle of the part for T&T dating back to the Concacaf Gold Cup in July and his goal against Saudi Arabia at the OSN Cup was a fitting end to T&T’s 3-1 victory. Now he has two wins over Jamaica added to his playing record.

“When the final whistle blew in the game against Jamaica (Friday), I was so relieved and so delighted. The match was very tough for us,” said Boucaud. “And I’m happy to be part of the T&T set up again. It’s not always smooth sailing but we’ve had some good moments and we continue to work hard and do the right things.

“Sometimes I think back about that nine-year gap there is since I played in 2004 and then never got a recall until 2011 when I still did not get a game and then to get called in 2013. I was beginning to believe it was over but I kept the faith and I kept on believing.

I hope I can continue making a contribution because I think the team is heading in the right direction and the coach has been doing a great job trying to get us playing as a team in the manner in which we should be,” Boucaud said.

“Hopefully everyone involved including the Association and the Government can keep on heading in the right direction with the team and that some new partners can join the journey.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Boucaud feels a good vibe.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 11:24:15 AM »
Love this player, his technique, his workrate and his attitude.

Many should follow.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>