April 19, 2024, 06:20:41 PM

Poll

Who will win.

Guaya United
3 (37.5%)
Point Fortin
5 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: RIVALS Thread: Guaya United v Point Fortin (17-Nov-13).  (Read 4134 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
RIVALS Thread: Guaya United v Point Fortin (17-Nov-13).
« on: November 11, 2013, 06:27:48 PM »
Two Clubs with the biggest fan supporters go at each other in the Toyota Classic Quarter Final Round this Sunday.

Should be a good game for media to cover.

Point Fortin Civic (PRO) vs Guaya United (SL)—3pm, Mahaica Oval, Point Fortin.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Point Fortin Civic FC; Matthew Bartholomew, Andre Toussaint, Andrei Pacheco, Marcus Joseph, Kelvin Modeste, Sylvester Teesdale.

Guaya United FC; Ryan Stewart, Kevin Jagdeosingh, Leston Paul, Carlon Huges, John Stewart.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 06:30:35 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: RIVALS Thread: Guaya United v Point Fortin (17-Nov-13).
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 11:08:27 AM »
This is ah good game to go too.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 11:33:40 AM »
Just hope it goes off smoothly. If Guaya get the win, it may get hairy down there!!

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 08:35:45 AM »
Just hope it goes off smoothly. If Guaya get the win, it may get hairy down there!!

Point people do operate so bredder man.... :beermug:
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 08:48:21 AM »

Point people do operate so bredder man.... :beermug:
  I agree with u,from my experiences Point is the best place to play Football.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 10:07:10 AM »
Is de best place to play football but if a shit take you, you might have to run in de f00cking cane field, because them eh have toilets in Civic Center and no vendors to.

I surprise that field is FIFA approve, it shows that anything possible in T&T.

I say they better bring back football in Skinner Park and Arima Velodrome.

All de oil Point have and you telling me none of these big companies not helping out.

In Jamaica have of them rich f00ckers woulda been dead.

They sucking de country. De government really don't care bout T&T.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
This is ah good game to go too.

Sam, Coops right about playing in Mahaica. Great atmosphere. And you are definitely correct about the state of Mahaica and the utter and total lack of support from the energy companies in that area. Two good points!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 12:05:35 PM »
PFCC: http://www.ttfootballhistory.com/node/3367
Good link for youngsters to browse and geh articles like: http://www.ttfootballhistory.com/node/2887
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 12:13:28 PM »
Is de best place to play football but if a shit take you, you might have to run in de f00cking cane field, because them eh have toilets in Civic Center and no vendors to.

All de oil Point have and you telling me none of these big companies not helping out.

Well i am sorry Sam if the kind of crowds Civic Center had it didn't used to have Toilets,when we went to Point we used to spend the day in the Civic Center Hall and it had all the facilities there,when we went in the dressing rooms it had Toilet facilities there,a lot of teams from POS used to play in Point Essex,Malvern,TESCA etc u want to tell me all them years and nobody complain,i guess may be the Canefield was there,in T&T people primitive u know bring us down it will carry u up. 

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 01:02:40 PM »

Sam,how many fields in T&T are FIFA approved,all those school and community Fields that Pro league teams play on,all those Fields the Super league teams play,what approve you talking about?if we go to approve Fields in T&T we eh play no Football.

The Mahaica Oval i know was a place although it had just one main stand,the field had no brown spots,no holes,didn't hold water,nice surface to play Football on plus the atmosphere was great,Snowcone and Nutsmen all around.

What i can say though is that i heard the place went to ruins i've not seen it so what you are saying could be true.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 01:13:08 PM »
When Flex asked about bringing football back to Skinner Park, someone mention its not FIFA approve.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=60493.msg871093#msg871093

And I agree to a point, for example, if Point make it to de CCL, how de ass they go bring Toluca to play on a goat grazing field with no nuts man.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 01:22:19 PM »
When Flex asked about bringing football back to Skinner Park, someone mention its not FIFA approve.

And I agree to a point, for example, if Point make it to de CCL, how de ass they go bring Toluca to play on a goat grazing field with no nuts man.

I played in Skinner Park many times and Skinner Park was never a good field,don't talk for if it dry don't fall down at all but all kind of Football play there all the time.

Breds i don't know where you get your info from but i've heard different about Mahaica Oval.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 01:31:22 PM »
Well boy, when you talking about point say "oilfield", it is not in Caroni
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 10:42:58 PM »

sam, what de hell you know 'bout Point  Fortin and the Mahaica oval. You ever seen any goats grazing dey? why yuh
doh haul yuh lil chupid ass.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 05:18:59 AM »

sam, what de hell you know 'bout Point  Fortin and the Mahaica oval. You ever seen any goats grazing dey? why yuh

F00ck you and yuh mudda....

Coops, back to you, read here.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=60543.msg872450#msg872450

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Guaya stuns Civic Centre 2-0 in Toyota Classic
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 06:00:38 AM »
T&T Guardian

Guaya United, a team which was promoted to the National Super League this year, continued its string of upset wins in the Toyota Classic competition yesterday, when it whipped yet another TT Pro League outfit, this time hometown favourite Point Fortin Civic Centre, at Mahaica Oval, Point Fortin, to book a place in Friday’s last four stage.

A goal in each half, from Jody Allsop and Kevin Jagdeosingh, respectively, saw the Eastern Counties Football Association champion into the semifinal where it earned a place against Defence Force, which humbled Central FC 5-1 on Saturday. The other two semifinalists, Club Sando and two-time champion DirecTV W Connection, which lead the National Super League and the TT Pro League, respectively, will also meet on Friday after securing wins in the quarterfinal stage.

Club Sando played Caledonia AIA at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, on Friday, and took a win on penalty kicks (11-10) after both teams finished the match tied at 2-2. Sando, a team aiming to reach into the top tier of local football, the TT Pro League, for the first time, recently won its first ever major title when it secured the National Super League’s knockout trophy. It then sent a clear message to the TT Pro League’s supposedly stronger opponents when it took an easy 3-1 win over Police FC, in the Toyota Classic’s round-of-16, on a week prior to Friday’s semifinal. Club Sando was not the only Super League club to earn successive wins over Pro League opposition in the Toyota Classic.

Eight days ago, a week before facing the Point Fortin team in the quarterfinal, Guaya United faced and defeated another Pro League club, the reigning champion, North East Stars by the same scoreline (2-0), in the round-of-16 stage.

Guaya will meet W Connection in the semifinal on Friday. W Connection leads the Pro League with five straight wins, and has signalled its intention to take the Toyota trophy when it whipped another Super League standout team Malabar FC 4-1, in Saturday’s double-header.

The tournament winner is set to take home $50,000, while the runner-up prize is at $20,000. The final is carded for Novmber 29, a week after the semifinals.

Results:

Quarterfinals
Yesterday

Guaya United 2 (Jodi Allsop 12th, Kevin Jagdeosingh 88th) v Point Fortin Civic Centre 0
Saturday
W Connection 4 (Joao Ananias Jordao Jr 8th pen, Jerrel Britto 17th, 19th, Gerard Williams 74th) v Malabar FC 1 (Kevon Woodley 65th)
Defence Force 5 (Richard Roy 9th, Devorn Jorsling 73rd, 86th, Kevon Carter 82nd, 89th) v Central FC 1 (Keon Trim 60th)
Friday
Club Sando 2 (Teba McKnight 42nd, Ryan Fredericks 86th) v Caledonia AIA 2 (Noel Williams 9th, Julien Wade 87th) - Club Sando won 11-10 on penalty kicks.​

Fixtures:

Friday—Semifinals

Guaya United v W Connection
Club Sando v Defence Force ​
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 06:25:03 AM »
Point Fortin beaten on and off the field as Guaya advance to meet W Connection in Toyota Classic.
ttproleague.com.

Guaya United coloured the borough of Point Fortin green on Sunday after defeating home side Point Fortin Civic 2-0 at the Mahaica Oval in the quarter-final round of the 2013 Toyota Classic.

The Super League powerhouse, buoyed by its devoted followers dressed in their green supporter jerseys, which clearly outnumbered the red and yellow colours of Point Fortin, took an early advantage before completing the 2-0 win late.

Former T&TEC FC player and present Guaya right-back, Jody Allsop, fired the visitors ahead in the 8th minute when his deflected strike from inside the area wrong-footed Point Fortin goalie Marvin Phillip for the 1-0 score.

Influential Guaya midfielder and former Caledonia AIA and North East Stars player, Ryan Stewart, had a usually dominating performance in the centre, and was assisted by two-time former Trinidad and Tobago Youth World Cup player, Leston Paul.

“You are looking at national material,” said Guaya head coach Ron La Forest, commenting on his midfield duo following the match. “They are the two best playing midfielders we have in the country right now.”

It was Stewart’s pass into the area that was touched towards Allsop for the opening item. And although missing the target twice and having a 71st minute free-kick saved by Phillip, Stuart provided the telling pass that set former North East Stars player Kevin Jagdeosingh free inside the area to shoot past a hapless Phillip for a 2-0 score and setting the majority of the crowd into wild celebrations.

“It’s big …big …big for the community,” an elated La Forest said. “It’s good. We were playing away from home and it was a pleasure to score away from home that early. (And) the second item was the icing on the cake.

“(Our players) were a bit dehydrated in the early part of the game because of the sun, but as we went along and settled down, we started to get into it, which I admire very much.”

La Forest was ejected from the technical area 37 minutes into the match, by referee Rashby Mc Phie on instruction of fourth official Cecil Hinds, admitted he told off Hinds after he felt that he was harassed by the official while trying to give instructions to his players.

Guaya, which defeated North East Stars 2-0 in the preliminary round, now advances to meet DIRECTV W Connection in the Toyota Classic semi-final round next weekend, and La Forest isn’t fazed by the challenge.

“Let me go and lie down on that,” he said. “…and see if I can remember the Stuart Charles (Fevrier) we are playing, and then I will adjust.

“It’s a good experience for Guaya. Remember we are local all the time, and if we getting the opportunity (against Connection and their Brazilian and Colombian players), then let us play foreigners.”

Connection reached the semi-final round by defeating Super League outfit Malabar FC 4-1 on Saturday night at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

Apart from Ryan Stewart’s attempts, Guaya had a look at goal in the 27th minute from a late-dipping free-kick by Carlon Hughes which flew just overbar.

The visitors had another attempt in the 64th minute but goalscorer Allsop’s low effort from distance was comfortably wrapped by Phillip. And following the second Guaya item, Phillip made another save to deny Allsop in the 90th minute.

However Guaya didn’t dominate the show, and had Point Fortin finish their chances it would have been an entirely different score-line.

Point Fortin midfielder Andrei Pacheco was denied by the upright on two occasions; first with his half volley off a Kelvin Modeste in the 18th minute, and in the 73rd minute from his header off an Andre Toussaint corner.

In the 25th minute Guaya goalkeeper Kevon Saunders chested behind a Marcus Joseph, and four minutes later the Point Fortin midfielder struck overbar from the top of the area.

Defender Weslie John was also off target for the home side, heading overbar a Modeste freekick seconds before the break.

And after Joseph’s cry for a foul in the 77th minute only won Point Fortin a free-kick at the edge of the area, coach Reynold Carrington’s men missed two excellent scoring opportunities in the final ten minutes—the culprit substitute Andre Alexis.

One minute after replacing Pacheco in the 79th minute, Alexis failed to make contact to a Steven Joseph cross inside the six yard area with goalkeeper Saunders at his mercy. Then in the 86th minute his diving attempt to meet Ancil Wells’ cross was in vain.

Point Fortin in the end, failing to duplicate their 11-0 performance against Super League outfit Stokely Vale a week ago in the preliminary round at the same venue.

In the other semi-final also set for next weekend, Super League leaders Club Sando, which defeated Caledonia AIA 11-10 on penalties following a 2-2 quarter-final round draw, will meet Defence Force, 4-1 winners over Central FC.

Results

Point Fortin Civic 0—2 Guaya United
Jody Allsop 8’, Kevin Jagdeosingh 88’

Teams

Point Fortin Civic FC—1. Marvin Phillip, 6. Kelvin Modeste (capt.), 2. Garyl Doldron, 4. Weslie John, 5. Andre Ettienne, 13. Ancil Wells, 19. Andrei Pacheco (21. Andre Alexis 79th), 7. Nickcolson Thomas, 10. Marcus Joseph (Yellow Card), 20. Sylvester Teesdale (8. Steven Joseph 63rd), 11. Andre Toussaint

Unused substitutes—26. Miguel Payne (GK), 29. Kevin Rouse, 18. Akeem Redhead, 15. Keron Neptune, 3. Lyndon Diaz

Coach—Reynold Carrington

Guaya United—1. Kevon Saunders, 17. Ryan Stewart (capt.), 4. Kevin Jagdeosingh, 5. John Stewart, 7. Jody Allsop (Yellow Card), 9. Earlon Thomas (6. Zavion Navarro 69th), 10. Carlon Hughes (Yellow Card)(27. Kheelon Mitchell 85th), 14. Sherlon Campbell, 18. Leston Paul, 19. Beville Joseph, 77. Leroy Jones

Unused substitutes—80. Marius Des-Cartes (GK), 2. Marcus Ramkhelawan, 3. Akeil Alvarez, 8. Kerdell Alfred, 70. Kheelon Ferrier

Coach—Ron LaForest

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 09:50:06 AM »
Seems Guaya is a real Super team seeing that they will be playing both Defence Force & W Connection in the Toyota Classic semi final on Friday...smh!!!

T&T Guardian

A goal in each half, from Jody Allsop and Kevin Jagdeosingh, respectively, saw the Eastern Counties Football Association champion into the semifinal where it earned a place against Defence Force, which humbled Central FC 5-1 on Saturday. The other two semifinalists, Club Sando and two-time champion DirecTV W Connection, which lead the National Super League and the TT Pro League, respectively, will also meet on Friday after securing wins in the quarterfinal stage.

Guaya will meet W Connection in the semifinal on Friday. W Connection leads the Pro League with five straight wins, and has signalled its intention to take the Toyota trophy when it whipped another Super League standout team Malabar FC 4-1, in Saturday’s double-header.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 09:59:24 AM »
Seems Guaya is a real Super team seeing that they will be playing both Defence Force & W Connection in the Toyota Classic semi final on Friday...smh!!!

T&T Guardian

Almost as bad...they play TT Prisons F.C. in the F.A. Trophy on Weds and W.Connection in Toyota on Friday.
Army playing Club Sando on Friday in Toyota.
Club Sando playing Caledonia in F.A. on Weds.
Army playing Pt Fortin in F.A. on Weds.
W.Connection playing Cunupiua Utd in F.A. on Weds.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 10:05:38 AM »
FS, I think you misunderstood me, I was highlighting the fact that the reporter has Guaya playing two (2) different teams on the same day, now how is that possible unless there are 2 Guaya teams!!!

T&T Guardian

Almost as bad...they play TT Prisons F.C. in the F.A. Trophy on Weds and W.Connection in Toyota on Friday.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 10:07:28 AM by soccerrama »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 10:31:59 AM »

F00ck you and yuh mudda....

Coops, back to you, read here.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=60543.msg872450#msg872450

Sam when i read reports like this i try to double check it,i want to hear this from another person that went to the game,if i didn't know Point i would say alright yes one time.Steve David the man instrumental in putting this together is a very good friend of mine,i will definitely contact him and give you his report,it's always good to hear both sides of the storey.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 10:50:18 AM »
FS, I think you misunderstood me, I was highlighting the fact that the reporter has Guaya playing two (2) different teams on the same day, now how is that possible unless there are 2 Guaya teams!!!

T&T Guardian

Almost as bad...they play La Horquetta in the F.A. Trophy on Weds and W.Connection in Toyota on Friday.

I hear you Soccerama, was trying to highlight where they made the mistake!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 10:52:22 AM by Football supporter »

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 11:57:30 AM »
Guaya turns Point Fortin green in Toyota Classic
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

“Spread, your, hands, and, let gooooo…”

Men and women in green tops held their heads and various body parts yesterday evening and danced on the Mahaica Oval ground to Blaxx’s 2012 soca hit.

And Guaya United, the Super League upstarts, had whipped Point Fortin Civic 2-0 at the latter club’s home ground to advance to the Toyota Classic semi-final.

Point Fortin is in second place in the Pro League at present while Guaya is second in the Super League. There is one division and seven league places between the two teams; yet this was no fluke. It was a triumph for tactical discipline, commitment and spectator-driven passion.

Next week, Guaya will face Trinidad and Tobago’s top club at present, DIRECTV W Connection, but the “Green Army” is not quaking in its boots.

“If you look around, you can see what this means to the (Guaya) community,” Guaya coach Ron La Forest told Wired868. “We’re enjoying this and we’re ready to face anybody right now.”

Remarkably, there is the possibility of an all-Super League final for the first time in this or any top flight competition.

Club Sando, the current top Super League team which is coached by Anthony Streete, will tackle Defence Force in the other semi-final match after already seeing off Police FC and Caledonia AIA in the earlier rounds.

It is a sure sign of the of the untapped ability within Trinidad and Tobago’s lower leagues and the respective clubs would do well to tie up the long-term futures of the likes of versatile 22-year-old midfielder Anthony Parris, holding midfielder Devon Drayton, playmaker Ryan Fredericks, winger Devon Modeste and striker Teba McKnight (Club Sando) or striker Carlon Huges, defender Sherlon Campbell and wingers Jody Allsop and Jagdeosingh (Guaya).

The Guaya central midfield partnership of captain Ryan Stewart and Leston Paul arguably belongs in a different class altogether.

“That is the best midfield partnership in the country right now,” said La Forest.

It was no idle boast.

Physically powerful, quick feet, precise passing ability and strong tacklers, Stewart and Paul have ruled middle earth in every fight thus far.

In the round of 16, Stewart and Paul bamboozled the North East Stars duo of the burly Jeromie Williams and the athletic Jayson Joseph. Yesterday, Point Fortin went with a trio of Nickolson Thomas, Kelvin Modeste and Andrei Pacheco and still could not dominate the engine room.

Connection selects its midfield trio from a shortlist of Kittian Gerard Williams, Brazilian Celio Da Silva, local teenager Jomal Williams, Colombian Yhon Reyes and free-scoring “Soca Warrior” Joevin Jones and the battle of the centre circle alone should be worth the price of admission in the next round.

Read More

« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 12:34:13 PM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2013, 12:36:02 PM »
There were roughly 800 supporters at the Mahaica Oval, which was well short of the Point Fortin posse that followed Civic for the first two months of its Pro League existence.

But, most surprising of all, two-thirds of those supporters were from Guaya and had their green polo shirts to prove it.

“Typical Trinidadian fans,” said Civic administrator and former Trinidad and Tobago football legend Leroy De Leon, with a mournful expression and shake of the head. “As soon as we lost three games, some of the fans stopped coming.”

Read More

Interesting...

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 02:46:53 PM »
Great shame... What time was the match? Were there competing competitions going on?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 03:45:52 PM »
We should not be surprise by the "new" team making rumbles in football. about 10-15 yrs ago Mayaro United was one of the top teams in the country. They rep. TT in CFU and Concacaf club football. They had 2 brothers players for them(think) were pretty good. Correct me!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 05:10:17 PM »
Great shame... What time was the match? Were there competing competitions going on?

No, the game was staged to gain maximum attendance with no other ProLeague or Super League teams in action.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 05:43:09 PM »
Erm.... local fetes? Particularly riveting TV? I'm trying to help PFCC out here!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 08:20:02 PM »
Oh god Ron La...

allyuh hear what Ron La tell the female 4th Official ??  " You doh have 2 chirren to go home and mine ?""

it funny...real TnT humor/picong... but he could get in hot water for that in other countries...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2013, 03:05:38 AM »
And quite rightly? Sexism is the last thing she needs when she's doing her job. If someone said "Don't you have a wife to go home and beat" when you're at work you'd be pissed too no?

1]; } ?>