April 25, 2024, 04:20:58 PM

Author Topic: Sunil Narine Thread  (Read 23694 times)

socafighter

Sunil Narine Thread
« on: November 11, 2013, 06:49:25 PM »

Sunil Narine Gets married

http://instagram.com/p/gj5mwkyPhC/

Watch the idiot next to Bravo texting ..sigh

let see here Simmons,sombady, Cooper ,Narine  The Boss,Rampaul , Bravo , Idiot Texting and somebady

Sunil Philip Narine is Christian ..she is the boss she got him under bamboo ...hindu rites .

Gyal power ....

socafighter

Lara questions Sunil Narine Test omission
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 12:31:09 PM »
Lara questions Sunil Narine Test omission
 Nov 19, 2013

lMUMBAI

Former West Indies Captain Brian Lara has questioned the decision by selectors to ignore Dwayne Bravo and Sunil Narine for the Test leg of West Indies’ tour of India.
Lara has described Bravo as having equal or stronger credentials as an allrounder than West Indies captain Darren Sammy, who made only 25 runs in the series and went wicket-less.
The cricket legend says he is also baffled at Narine’s omission describing him as the best spinner in Caribbean first-class cricket.

“I don’t need any confirmation from Sammy, I know for a fact that his confidence was shattered and he started to wonder what’s going to happen next,” said Lara writing in his column for the Times of India.

“Well what we saw in the Test series is a result of this chain of events. A captain that looked lost on the field and his personal display especially with the bat, was one even he would like to forget.”

West Indies crashed to innings defeat inside three days in their two test matches against India.
The former West Indies captain Clive Lloyd has blamed the losses on poor batting, weak bowling and a heavy diet of T20 cricket.

“A more baffling omission is Sunil Narine, the most successful bowler in West Indies regional four-day cricket,” Lara said.
“You would think that he knows Indian pitches like the back of his hand. Another one of world’s best cricketers labelled by our selectors as not good enough.”

According to Lara, the selectors had benched the wrong people and the consequences had badly hurt the team.

“What about the Test squad selected for this tour? The very day that Sammy was elected as captain of the team it made it very difficult for someone like Dwayne Bravo to be considered,”wrote Lara.
“Dwayne hasn’t played Test cricket for about three years now and knowing him closely it pains him that the selectors seem to only require him for the shorter versions of the game”.

T&t Express

socafighter

Sunil Narine .....Growing up, I never used to bowl spin
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 05:27:47 PM »
Sunil Narine .....Growing up, I never used to bowl spin

Sunil Narine said he is excited to play for Guyana in the CPL 2014 season © Getty Images

Sunil Narine is gearing up for the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) with the Guyana Amazon Warriors. He has been one of the best spinners in T20 cricket in the world and has a huge armoury of tricks. In an exclusive chat with CricketCountry’s Nishad Pai Vaidya, Narine speaks about the carom ball, the CPL, experience in the Indian Premier League and a lot more.
Sunil Narine is one of the leading spinners in T20 cricket in the world. Hailing from Trinidad and Tobago, Narine went on to make name for himself with his unique brand of off-spin which made him one of the best bowlers in the shortest format. In the Indian Premier League (IPL), he has been a crucial part of the Kolkata Knight Riders setup, where he has won two titles. He has also been an important player for the West Indies. Having played all over the globe, Narine is now looking forward to play in front of home fans in the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) 2014.
In this exclusive chat, Narine speaks about the CPL, the IPL, the toughest batsman to bowl to, his carom ball and a lot more.

Excerpts:
CricketCountry (CC): The second season of the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) is upon us. What are the expectations a player from the West Indies or an international player would have from this tournament?
Sunil Narine (SN): I think this tournament would help cricket in the Caribbean just like it is in IPL (in India). I feel it will help showcase a lot of new talent that hasn’t reached international cricket. I think it is going to be a good tournament with all the international players coming from overseas. The local bunch has a lot of talent and should try to make the best use of it.

CC: Last year as well, you were a part of the Guyana Amazon Warriors. What was the first CPL like for you and your teammates?
SN: Having played all over the world and then playing a very big tournament at home makes you comfortable. It is going from strength to strength and trying to improve cricket in the West Indies.

CC: There is a lot of innovation in your bowling. As a young boy, did you start off with that unorthodox manner?
SN: Growing up, I never used to bowl spin, I used to bowl medium pace. It was only at the age of 17 that I started bowling spin. I was always a bit unorthodox but never had the carom ball then.

CC: So how did the carom ball and other variations come about?
SN: When Ajantha Mendis first came into the Sri Lankan team, he started bowling the carom ball.  Looking at him, it gave me the confidence of starting it and eventually developing it.

CC: How long did it take you to perfect it? Carom ball comes from the fingers and it isn’t just about the arm.
SN: It wasn’t that difficult for me. Growing up in Trinidad, you played soft ball cricket with the same grip. You are just trying to convert it with a harder ball. At first it was a little difficult. But after practicing it, I became comfortable. I still have things to learn about it. Hopefully, I could learn as much as I could and go from strength to strength.

CC: How much importance and attention do you give to your batting? You do have some hitting ability.
SN: All the years I have played international cricket as a bowler, something you forget that you can bat as well. I do try to get as many hits as possible because you do not know what to expect in a T20 game. I’ve definitely given my batting a chance now.

CC: In T20 cricket, a batsman may go after you from the first over. How does a bowler maintain his calm in such situations and try to come back?
SN: Composure is an individual thing. How you react to certain things, makes it better for you. I can try to be humble and what do is to be as humble and quiet as possible, not show any expression to the batsman, so that they don’t read you and judge whether you are tense or you are anxious.

CC: What is the secret to Kolkata Knight Riders’ success? They have won two IPL’s in your time there.
SN: There has been team-work. The team, the management, the support staff, everybody at KKR were like one big family. I think we won the title was because we are very good off the field. Any team that is good off the field can give a 100 percent on the field. You stay together, no matter what situation you are in.

CC: Your rise was quite quick after the 2011 Champions League. How did you adapt to such a sudden rise?
SN: I played most of my cricket in Guyana and Trinidad, not flying as often. The Champions League set it off for me. My goal was always to play international cricket. The traveling etc was on the cards. Doing something you love makes it a lot easier as you enjoy it. Sometimes, when people say it is very hectic, to you it is a normal thing because that (playing cricket) is what you are living for.

CC: Having played T20 cricket across the world, who has been the toughest batsman to bowl at?
SN: For me, Virender Sehwag. He is a very good player of off-spin. He doesn’t let the situation of the game affect his mindset and the way he goes about his batting. He is always one way or no way.

CC: And bowling to someone like your compatriot Kieron Pollard or a Shahid Afridi. How difficult is that?
SN: It is very difficult. The next ball you bowl your very best ball and it can go many miles into the stands. At the end of the day, you back your ability. Once you have the self belief, you try to end up on top.

CC: You’ve also bowled to Sachin Tendulkar and got him out a couple of times. What was that experience like?
SN: First time bowling to Sachin, I hadn’t played a lot of international cricket and bowling to someone with runs that no one would even think about making, it was a pleasure that I had. It was very nice bowling to Sachin and hope someday the opportunity comes again.

CC: How has the buildup been like for Guyana Amazon Warriors?
SN: We have a good chance of going all the way this year. Having said that, I think you have to start from the very first game. You take all the positives from the previous year and try to make the best of it. At the end of the day, any team could win the tournament. It all matters on who plays better cricket on the day. We have to take care of the little things and the big picture will fall in place. Speaking to the guys, I think everyone is keen and ready for the first game.

CC: You belong to Trinidad and Tobago, how is it going to a different place and representing them on the Caribbean stage?
SN: It is a bit different. In the Caribbean, you play for with your country, unlike in Australia or England, where there are states and counties. But, as an international cricketer, you have to adapt to the situations. The tournament needs you to and adapt to different groups of people and the setups. You go as an international player and make the best use of it.
Sunil Narine returns to the Guyana Amazon Warriors for the Caribbean Premier League (CPL)

2014. The CPL 2014 begins on the July 11, 2014 in Grenada – for more info visit CPLT20.com
(Nishad Pai Vaidya is a Correspondent with CricketCountry)

http://www.cricketcountry.com/articles/sunil-narine-virender-sehwag-is-the-toughest-batsman-i-have-bowled-to-156573

socafighter

Sunil Narine Thread
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 06:39:08 PM »
Sunil Narine reported for suspect action
ESPNcricinfo staff
September 29, 2014
Be the first to comment | Login via  | Text size: A | A

Sunil Narine approaches the crease during his spell, Dolphins v Kolkata Knight Riders, Champions League T20, Group A, Hyderabad, September 29, 2014
Sunil Narine became the fourth bowler to be reported for a suspect action during the 2014 CLT20 © BCCI

Kolkata Knight Riders offspinner Sunil Narine has been reported for a suspected illegal bowling action following his side's 36-run win over Dolphins in the Champions League Twenty20 Group A match on Monday evening in Hyderabad.

The charge was laid by on-field umpires Anil Chaudhary and Chettihody Shamshuddin along with third umpire Kumar Dharmasena and specifically relates to Narine's quicker ball. Under CLT20 guidelines, Narine may request for an official assessment from the BCCI's suspect bowling action committee. Narine has been placed on the tournament's 'warning list' but will still be able to play. However, if he is reported again while still on the warning list, he will be suspended from bowling for the remainder of the tournament.

Narine claimed figures of 3 for 33 in his four-over spell during the win over Dolphins. The Knight Riders next match will be in the tournament semi-finals on October 2. He is the fourth bowler to be reported during the tournament, joining Mohammed Hafeez and Adnan Rasool of Lahore Lions and Prenelan Subrayen of Dolphins. Being reported in the CLT20 has no impact on a bowler's participation in international cricket.

Narine is currently the leading wicket-taker in this year's CLT20 with 11 wickets in four games at an average of 7.45, also the best in the tournament. He also has the most wickets in the six-year history of the CLT20, accumulating 38 in 19 matches, eight more than Dwayne Bravo and Doug Bollinger. Narine's career bowling average of 8.81 in the CLT20 is almost a full eight runs better than Lasith Malinga, the next best bowler on the list who holds average of 16.40 for his 25 wickets, while Narine's CLT20 career economy rate of 4.61 is more than a full run better than Brett Lee in second place at 5.71.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 03:46:24 AM by Flex »

socafighter

Re: Sunil Narine reported for suspect action
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 06:45:15 PM »
Suspect actions in the news since June

3 June: Sri Lanka off-spinner Sachithra Senanayake is reported for a suspected illegal bowling action and ordered to undergo testing within 21 days.

22 June: New Zealand off-spinner Kane Williamson is reported for a suspected illegal bowling action and ordered to undergo testing within 21 days.

28 June: The ICC Cricket Committee meets in Melbourne and recommends an increased focus on bowlers with questionable actions.

12 July: Senanayake is banned from bowling by the ICC after undergoing official testing in Cardiff.

23 July: Williamson is banned from bowling by the ICC after undergoing official testing in Cardiff.

11 August: Pakistan off-spinner Saeed Ajmal is reported for a suspected illegal bowling action and ordered to undergo testing within 21 days.

15 August: The ICC confirms three newly accredited testing centres will be unveiled in the coming months.

22 August: Zimbabwe off-spinner Prosper Utseya is reported for a suspected illegal bowling action and ordered to undergo testing within 21 days.

25 August: Bangladesh off-spinner Sohag Gazi is reported for a suspected illegal bowling action and ordered to undergo testing within 21 days.

25 August: Ajmal begins official testing at Cricket Australia's National Cricket Centre in Brisbane.

9 September: Ajmal banned with immediate effect by ICC. Pakistan Cricket Board say they will weigh up their options, while Ajmal says a medical condition is to blame and he remains confident of playing in the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup.

10 September: Bangladesh fast bowler Al-Amin Hossain is reported for a suspected illegal bowling action and ordered to undergo testing within 21 days.

13 September: PCB release details of ICC report that show Ajmal was found to be straightening arm nearly three times the legal limit.

socafighter

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 06:47:04 PM »
 Lahore Lions offspinner Mohammad Hafeez has been reported for a suspect bowling action by the umpires, following the team's Champions League T20 match against Dolphins in Bangalore on Saturday evening. Dolphins offspinner Prenelan Subrayen was also reported.

Under CLT20 guidelines, both players could request for an official assessment from the BCCI's suspect bowling action committee. For now, while they can continue to play for their teams without assessment, they have been placed on the tournament's 'warning list' as per its rules. If they are reported again, while still on the warning list, the players will be suspended from bowling in the tournament - and in any cricket organised by the BCCI - until their actions are cleared. Being reported in the CLT20 has no impact on a bowler's participation in international cricket.

The reports were made by umpires Kumar Dharamsena, Vineet Kulkarni and Anil Chaudhary, who had officiated in the Dolphins-Lions match. Both bowlers had opened the bowling for their sides and gone on to bowl a full quota of four overs. While Hafeez claimed 2 for 18 as Lions successfully defended 164, Subrayen did not pick up wicket while conceding 39 runs.

Earlier Lions' Adnan Rasool, another off spinner, had also been reported. He has continued to turn out for his team.

socafighter

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 08:11:39 PM »
Narine reported
Mystery spinner’s faster ball called by umpires

Story Created: Sep 29, 2014 at 9:55 PM ECT
Express
\\\\\ HYDERABAD

Umpires in the ongoing Champions League Twenty20 have reported West Indies mystery off-spinner Sunil Narine for having a suspected illegal action.

The report, which relates specifically to his faster delivery, was lodged by on-field umpires Anil Chaudhary and Chettithody Shamshuddin, along with third umpire Kumar Dharamsena, following Kolkata Knight Riders’ 36-run victory over Dolphins at the Rajiv Gandhi Stadium here yesterday.

Trinidad and Tobago players Narine has so far picked up 11 wickets for the Indian Premier League franchise, KKR, who have played unbeaten in the group phase of the CLT20 to qualify for the semi-finals.
A CLT20 media statement said that Narine would now be placed on a “warning list” but would be free to continue playing for KKR.
The statement also said that Narine could request an official assessment from the Bowling Action Committee of the Indian Cricket Board (BCCI), who are organisers of the tournament.
However, the media statement said that if Narine received another report while on the warning list, he would be suspended from bowling.

“Under the CLT20 Suspected Illegal Bowling Action policy, if a player receives a report while on the warning list, the player shall be suspended from bowling for the remainder of the tournament and from bowling in any matches organised by the BCCI until such date as he is cleared,” the statement said.
“A player suspended from bowling may continue to be selected to play in matches, however he will not be entitled to bowl.”

Narine has been outstanding during the tournament and his tournament-leading 11 wickets have been key to KKR’s recent dominance where they have now won 13 straight matches in all T20 competitions.

KKR are the reigning IPL champions after beating Kings XI Punjab in the final last June.
He is ranked number two in the ICC one-day and Twenty20 bowling rankings.
Narine is the fourth bowler to be reported so far in the CLT20 following Mohammed Hafeez, Adnan Rasool and Prenelan Subrayen.

socafighter

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 05:49:35 AM »
Sunil Narine latest to be reported for suspect action
30 Sep 2014, 0853 hrs IST,  PTI

Sunil Narine has been reported during the ongoing Champions League Twenty20.
Hyderabad: West Indies spinner Sunil Narine has been reported for suspect bowling action during a Champions League Twenty20 match between Kolkata Knight Riders and Dolphins, in Hyderabad on Monday in what turned out to be another ICC crackdown on chucking.

The CLT20 organising committee issued a media advisory, confirming the development, that on-field umpires Anil Chaudhary and Chettihody Shamshuddin along with third umpire Kumar Dharmasena have expressed their suspicion about the quicker delivery bowled by Narine.
"Mr Narine was reported by on-field umpires Anil Chaudhary and Chettithody Shamshuddin, along with third umpire Kumar Dharamsena at the conclusion of the match. The report specifically relates to the quicker ball bowled by Mr. Narine," the press release states. "Under the CLT20 Suspected Illegal Bowling Action policy, Mr. Narine may request an Official Assessment from the BCCI Suspect Bowling Action Committee. Mr. Narine has been placed on the warning list and may continue to be selected to play and bowl for his team in a match," the release further stated.
However if Narine is reported again for the same problem, he will be debarred from bowling further in the Champions League T20 although he can play as batsman.
"Under the CLT20 Suspected Illegal Bowling Action policy, if a player receives a report while on the warning list, the player shall be suspended from bowling for the remainder of the tournament and from bowling in any matches organised by the BCCI until such date as he is cleared. A player suspended from bowling may continue to be selected to play in matches, however he will not be entitled to bowl."
Narine has been KKR's primary weapon over the past four seasons and has helped the franchise co-owned by Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan to win two IPL titles in last the three editions. He is also on top of wicket-takers list with 11 scalps to his credit in the current edition of CLT20.
The ICC has instructed on-field umpires to be vigilant about suspected chuckers with Pakistan's offspinner Saeed Ajmal already suspended from bowling in competitive cricket. In this tournament, two Lahore Lions bowlers Adnan Rasool and Mohammed Hafeez have been reported for suspect actions.

socafighter

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 05:56:46 AM »
Lack of clarity in CLT20 bowling-action policy
Amol Karhadkar
September 30, 2014

Sunil Narine became the fourth offspinner to be warned in a week © BCCI
The Champions League T20's clampdown on bowlers with suspect actions is the first of its kind in six seasons of the tournament, with Kolkata Knight Riders' Sunil Narine becoming the latest to be warned in this year's event. While the officials have been given a free hand to report bowlers with suspect action, it is not yet clear whether the participating teams had been briefed specifically about the issue.

There had been no warnings over the qualifying stages of the tournament, but over the last week CLT20 match officials have reported four offspinners - Lahore Lions' Adnan Rasool and Mohammad Hafeez, Dolphins' Prenelan Subrayen, and Narine, the most successful bowler in the tournament's history.

The media releases issued by CLT20 authorities stated that all the bowlers have been put on a "warning list", and go on to mention: "Under the CLT20 Suspected Illegal Bowling Action policy, if a player receives a report while on the warning list, the player shall be suspended from bowling for the remainder of the tournament and from bowling in any matches organised by the BCCI until such date as he is cleared." The pre-tournament handbook given to teams which details playing conditions, however, contains no mention of a policy with regard to illegal actions.

CLT20 authorities informed ESPNcricinfo that if a player is reported twice during any of the BCCI-organised tournaments - CLT20 is one of them, despite Cricket Australia and Cricket South Africa being stakeholders along with BCCI - he will have to be cleared by the BCCI suspect bowling action committee headed by former India captain and umpire S Venkataraghavan.

The tournament website, however, has a different ruling on suspect actions. "The on-field umpire will take action in the case of suspect bowling action. Once he has reported the matter, the player will be referred to the technical committee (made up of eminent members of the various boards) for corrective action," the official website of the tournament says. This is the only reference to the procedure for dealing with suspect bowling actions on the tournament's official website.

While the website says the technical committee will include members of various boards, it currently has three BCCI representatives, BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel, IPL Chief Operating Officer Sundar Raman and BCCI's general manager, cricket operations MV Sridhar. None of them was willing to go on record about the policy pertaining to illegal actions.

The CLT20 crackdown is in line with ICC's fresh impetus with regard to reporting and taking action against suspect actions. BCCI officials insist they are following their own rules, and say, off the record, that over the last three years the BCCI has given a free hand to all umpires and match referees to eliminate chuckers from the game.

BCCI insiders have also pointed out that the common factor in all the four reported cases has been that of ICC elite umpire Kumar Dharmasena, the winner of the ICC best umpire award.

In BCCI's other big T20 event, the IPL, so far there have been four cases of bowlers reported for suspect actions. In 2011 the IPL announced a four-member illegal bowling action committee, and its own suspect action policy came into place on February 1, 2014.

During this year's CLT20 pre-tournament briefing, umpires and match officials were told that they were free to report bowlers if they were convinced about the need to examine their bowling actions.

The bowlers warned during the CLT20s can continue to play elsewhere in the world except India. According to the new CLT20 policy, of which a detailed text is so far unavailable, the bowler will only be allowed to play again in BCCI-conducted matches after undergoing corrective procedures at the new centre in Chennai.

A CLT20 official said while the "intention" is to extend the policy to other countries to bring in uniformity, they can implement it only in India since despite the three stakeholders, "CLT20 is a domestic tournament governed by BCCI".

Amol Karhadkar is a correspondent at ESPNcricinfo

RSS Feeds: Amol Karhadkar
© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

socafighter

Backing SUNIL Gray, QPCC say spinner can overcome warning
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 07:28:09 PM »
Backing SUNIL
Gray, QPCC say spinner can overcome warning

By \\\\\ Garth Wattley
Story Created: Sep 30, 2014 at 9:05 PM ECT
Express

Members of the local cricket fraternity are backing Sunil Narine to overcome his latest problems with his bowling action.

The West Indies and Trinidad and Tobago off-spinner was put on the Champions League T20 warning list after his faster ball was reported by the umpires in Monday’s Champions League match between his Kolkata Knight Riders and Sunfoil Dolphins.

Narine is still allowed to bowl, but will be banned from the competition if he is reported a second time. And according to the CL T20 policy, such a ban would also mean that he will only be allowed to play again in BCCI-conducted matches after undergoing corrective procedures. This would affect Narine’s particpation in the West Indies’ tour of India.

Reacting to news of Narine being called, Tony Gray, the former T&T and West Indies fast bowler said yesterday, “I thought all his deliveries were very legal but obviously the umpires didn’t think so.”

This is the second time that Narine’s action has been called into question. The first was during the Caribbean T20 tournament in 2011, after which he and Kevon Cooper underwent remedial work at the University of Western Australia in Perth.

“He did well by going to Australia for remedial work and I thought his action was good, not perfect but within the laws. After coming back from Australia he had improved a lot,” Gray added.

However, Gray said the “mystery spinner” would now face psychological pressure.

“You have to have a strong mind after being called,” Gray said. “He will be conscious of the cameras. People will be looking at his action.” But Gray said the bowler’s work ethic will serve him well.

“He’s introverted but he is a worker. When you look at the different types of deliveries he bowls, it has come from a lot of practice. He’s internally strong and I expect for him to rectify that delivery.”

Gray said though, that regular work was now required for the leading bowler in the history of the CL T20.

“There must be time allotted to improving the action in practice,” he said. “He will have to work at bowling the faster ball with a legal action for half an hour (each session) until it becomes second nature. You have to re-culture the human being (since) he’s been doing that for a while.”

Narine’s coach at Queen’s Park Cricket Club, David Furlonge was even more confident of Narine’s recovery from this setback.

“He has come back from it already so he can come back from it again, he said, adding that, “he will probably come back with something new. We’ll have to see what’s happening with the semi-final tomorrow (today). But he has so many balls in his arsenal, he could probably do without the faster one.”

Another QPCC official Bryan Davis added: “It means working hard on your action and I know he has the ability to do that, to ensure it’s approved.”

Narine’s Knight Riders will face the Hobart Hurricanes in the first of two Champions League semi-finals today.

socafighter

Re: Backing SUNIL Gray, QPCC say spinner can overcome warning
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 07:37:45 PM »
Not possibly good to bowl in CLT20 but can roll arm over in ODIs?
30 Sep 2014, 1625 hrs IST,  G Rajaraman,  gocricket.com 

Not possibly good to bowl in CLT20 but can roll arm over in ODIs?© Sportzpics

CLT20 rules say that a bowler reported for suspect action twice can be barred from bowling again in the tournament but remain silent on escalating the issue to the international level.
New Delhi: Sunil Narine faces the strange but fascinating prospect of being a bowler whose action - at least when bowling the faster one - may not be good enough for the Oppo Champions League Twenty20 final but can step into the one-day international series immediately without the weight of such a penalty bearing him down.

If, on Thursday, the umpires in Kolkata Knight Riders' semifinal match emulate their colleagues Anil Chaudhury, Mohammad Shamshuddin and Kumar Dharmasena and report Narine, he will be barred from rolling his arm over again in the tournament. But, as his luck would have it, he can bowl in the West Indies' opening ODI against India in Kochi on October 8.

Not good to bowl in CLT20 but good for ODIs, even if it will be at the back his mind?
CLT20 rules - like those of IPL - specify that a bowler reported for suspect action twice in the tournament can be barred from bowling again in the tournament but remain silent on escalating the issue to the international level. It is like saying that he can't bowl for his domestic team but can go ahead of bowl in international cricket.

It is not without precedent. Trinidad paceman Kevon Cooper was reported after Rajasthan Royals' last game in IPL 2014. He has since claimed 12 wickets in 11 games for T&T Red Steel in the Caribbean Premier League, without being inhibited by thoughts of umpires Rod Tucker and K Srinath's report against him.

Come to think of it, at the beginning of the month, BCCI said umpires would be empowered to call 'no-ball' if they felt a bowler delivered a ball with an action that does not comply with the Laws of Cricket. So why then did Chaudhury and Shamshuddin not call Narine but went back to the erstwhile method of reporting?

Curiously, though CLT20 is an international tournament, the bowler's first recourse is to seek an official assessment from the Board of Control for Cricket in India's Suspect Bowling Committee (S Venkataraghavan, Javagal Srinath, AV Jayaprakash and BCCI Secretary Sanjay Patel) as if it were a domestic event.

Of course, this is not an event conducted by the International Cricket Council but as one which has the international body's blessings - after all, ICC nominates umpires to official CLT20 games, does it not? - it must follow a procedure that is not any different from what happens at international games.

They say the road to a not-so-good place is paved with good intentions. Clearly, it does not take much for BCCI and its umpires to return to their old ways after indulging in sabre-rattling at appropriate times. So much for empowerment of umpires by good old Board of Control for Cricket in India.

socafighter

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 07:43:43 PM »
Sunil Narine reported for suspect action

West Indies mystery spinner Sunil Narine has Monday been reported for suspect bowling action\ during a Champions League T20 match between KKR and Dolphins, here yesterday in what turned out to be another ICC crackdown on chucking.

The CLT20 orgamizing committee issued a media advisory late Monday night, confirming the development, that on-field umpires Anil Chaudhary and Chettihody Shamshuddin along with third umpire Kumar Dharmasena have expressed their suspicion about the quicker delivery bowled by Narine.

The report specifically relates to the quicker ball bowled by Mr. Narine
“Mr Narine was reported by on-field umpires Anil Chaudhary and Chettithody Shamshuddin, along with third umpire Kumar Dharamsena at the conclusion of the match. The report specifically relates to the quicker ball bowled by Mr. Narine,” the press release states.

“Under the CLT20 Suspected Illegal Bowling Action policy, Mr. Narine may request an Official Assessment from the BCCI Suspect Bowling Action Committee. Mr. Narine has been placed on the warning list and may continue to be selected to play and bowl for his team in a match,” the release further stated.

However if Narine is reported again for the same problem, he will be debarred from bowling further in the Champions League T20 although he can play as batsman.
“Under the CLT20 Suspected Illegal Bowling Action policy, if a player receives a report while on the warning list, the player shall be suspended from bowling for the remainder of the tournament and from bowling in any matches organised by the BCCI until such date as he is cleared.
“A player suspended from bowling may continue to be selected to play in matches, however he will not be entitled to bowl.”

Narine has been KKR’s primary weapon over the past four seasons and has helped the franchise co-owned by Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan to win two IPL titles in last three He is also on top of wicket-takers list with 11 scalps to his credit in the current edition of CLT20.
The ICC has instructed the on-field umpires to be vigilant about suspected chuckers with Pakistan’s off-spinner Saeed Ajmal already suspended from bowling in competitive cricket. In this tournament, two Lahore Lions bowlers Adnan Rasool and Mohammed Hafeez have been reported for suspect actions.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 11:12:33 PM »
Ahh man the owner of the Knight Riders will be pissed ,lol lets see who's more powerful ,Bollywood or bcci  .

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 08:22:49 AM »

So suspect action is determined by the Umpires? Not true every Umpire will have a different perspective?

socafighter

Focus on Sunil Narine as KKR start favourites against Hurricanes
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 07:53:19 PM »
Focus on Narine as KKR start favourites against Hurricanes
1 Oct 2014, 1710 hrs IST,  gocricket staff,  gocricket.com 

Focus on Narine as KKR start favourites against Hurricanes© Sportzpics

KKR's three-pronged spin attack will be key in their semi-final against Hobart Hurricanes.
Having won all the four group matches and extend their winning streak to 13, Kolkata Knight Riders head into the first semi-final of the 2014 CLT20 against Hobart Hurricanes on Thursday as strong favourites at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad. After narrowly scraping past the victory line in their first three matches, KKR managed a convincing 36-run victory in their last Group A game against Dolphins in an apparent warning for the other title aspirants. Robin Uthappa and Manish Pandey's return of form also bolsters their chances.

KKR have also been highly impressive in their bowling department. Apart from Sunil Narine, KKR has found a wicket-taking bowler in chinaman Kuldeep Yadav, giving skipper Gautam Gambhir a lot of options. The only team they should be wary about is their fielding. With too many catches being dropped, KKR may have to pay heavily especially when they are defending a total. Three of their last four wins have come while chasing.

The Tim Paine-led side, on the other hand, is also on a roll as they have registered convincing wins in their previous three games and are looking to peak at the right time. The Hurricanes' strength is their fielding and one can expect a cracker of a game between the IPL champions and the Big Bash runners-up.

Date: Thursday, October 2

Time: 16:00 IST

Venue: Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad

Weather: Temperature between 18 to 32 degrees Celsius, mostly pleasant.

Team news

Kolkata Knight Riders

They have the belief and the confidence going in to the semi-final. The most encouraging part of their win is the emergence of players like Suryakumar Yadav, Andre Russell and Kuldeep Yadav. Every time they have been in a tense situation, they have found a crisis man. Despite Narine being reported for a suspect bowling action, KKR would go with an unchanged side. The CLT20 rules allow teams to include players even after being reported and therefore Hobart Hurricanes can prepare themselves for his tricky four overs. It will be surprising if KKR make any changes to their playing XI.

Probable XI: 1 Gautam Gambhir (capt), 2 Robin Uthappa, 3 Jacques Kallis, 4 Manish Pandey, 5 Yusuf Pathan, 6 Ryan ten Doeschate, 7 Suryakumar Yadav, 8 Andre Russell, 9 Piyush Chawla, 10 Sunil Narine, 11 Kuldeep Yadav

Hobart Hurricanes

The Hurricanes confirmed their place in the semi-final of the CLT20 after registering a clinical six-wicket win over Barbados Tridents and would hope to build on the winning momentum. Their new-ball attack in Ben Hilfenhaus and Doug Bollinger has led the way for their spinners. Xavier Doherty and Shoaib Malik have bowled well in tandem and with Ben Dunk and Aiden Blizzard at the top, the Hurricanes have the potential to pull off an upset. They are likely to field an unchanged side from their last encounter.

Probable XI: 1 Ben Dunk, 2 Tim Paine (capt/wk), 3 Aiden Blizzard, 4 Shoaib Malik, 5 Travis Birt, 6 Jonathan Wells, 7 Joe Mennie, 8 Ben Hilfenhaus, 9 Xavier Doherty, 10 Ben Laughlin, 11 Doug Bollinger

Watch out for

Hurricanes skipper Tim Paine is due a big one. He is a hard-hitting batsman and has shown signs of coming in to form. A strong off-side player, Paine is capable of winning a game on his day.

After being reported, Sunil Narine will keen to get on in a big game and prove a point. No team can afford to ignore him and it will be interesting to see his response to the awkward situation he finds himself in. Narine is a match-winner and expectedly he has got his team's backing.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 07:55:42 PM by socafighter »

socafighter

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 02:23:26 PM »
Two games in a row and banned from finals ,also may not be able to play for WI in India lol.
Look like them BCCI men throw him to the wolves to win the WI series.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 02:38:50 PM »
Two games in a row and banned from finals ,also may not be able to play for WI in India lol.
Look like them BCCI men throw him to the wolves to win the WI series.

Read in a Cricinfo article that the ban only applies to the Champions league and other BCCI-organised tournaments, eg. the IPL....so his international duties with the W.I should be unaffected.....but having said that, how much you willing to bet that he'll be reported after the first O.D.I against India next week?
I can't really say I'm surprised by this turn of events. His action always looked rather suspect to me to be honest....but I do question the timing of the reports...India series next week, World cup around the corner?? hmmm...

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 03:24:22 PM »
According to the article above my first post in this tread
Paragraph 7 .He is banned from all BCCI events so I think that include international games .
I think them Indians start quaking in there sandals and stab him in his back .

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 03:47:11 PM »
Either that or the other teams complain but like u said he might still play but something stinks .
And Pollard just tweeted something cryptic about it also.

socafighter

Narine banned from bowling in CLT20 final
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2014, 07:09:53 PM »
Hobart Hurricanes v KKR, semi-final, CLT20, Hyderabad
Narine banned from bowling in CLT20 final

ESPNcricinfo staff
October 2, 2014

Sunil Narine has been barred from bowling for Kolkata Knight Riders in the Champions League T20 final on Saturday after being reported for a second time in two matches for a suspect action. He was reported by the umpires after Thursday's semi-final against Hobart Hurricanes, which Knight Riders won by seven wickets. He had also been reported following their final group match, against Dolphins, when the umpires questioned his quicker delivery.

ESPNcricinfo understands that this time the umpires, Rod Tucker, S Ravi and Vineet Kulkarni, had noted in their written complaint that several of the 24 deliveries Narine bowled against Hurricanes were suspect. "It was three deliveries in the last match. But this time all his four overs were reported," an official privy to the complaint said.

No official from Knight Riders' management responded to queries, so it is not yet known whether the franchise might appeal against the penalty.

According to a Champions League T20 release, the umpires reviewed footage of the semi-final and "felt that there was a flex action in Narine's elbow beyond the acceptable limit when bowling during the match". He had already been on the tournament's warning list and, since he had not subsequently had his action cleared, is now automatically banned from bowling further in the tournament.

Knight Riders will now be "advised" to send Narine to the Sri Ramachandra University in Chennai - which has been accredited by the ICC as a testing centre for suspect bowling actions - to have his action tested.

The bowling ban will not affect his West Indies duties, though - it is confined only to the Champions League T20 and other BCCI-organised tournaments, including the IPL.

Darren Sammy, Narine's West Indies team-mate, came out in support of him on Thursday, prior to him being reported a second time. "I am not worried. Narine is a champion. Whether they stop him from bowling the faster ball, he is still the most dangerous spinner in the world," Sammy had said. "I believe that he will still be a great asset to us. He will do whatever he has to do and have all his different tricks up his sleeves by the time the World Cup is here. I still feel he will be our a champion spinner."

Narine is the fourth bowler to be reported in the Champions League - the others are Lahore Lions' Adnan Rasool and Mohammad Hafeez, and Dolphins' Prenelan Subrayen. However, he is the first bowler to be reported a second time. This comes at a time when the ICC has been stepping up its action against suspect bowling actions, with several spinners being called and suspended from bowling in international cricket.

It comes as a big blow to Knight Riders, as they look to extend their T20 winning streak to 15 and secure the double of winning the IPL and the Champions League T20 in the same year.

socafighter

Re: Narine banned from bowling in CLT20 final
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2014, 07:15:58 PM »

Narine reported again, suspended from bowling in CLT20
2 Oct 2014, 2227 hrs IST,  gocricket staff,  gocricket.com 

Narine has been advised to visit the ICC-accredited facility in Chennai to undergo rehabilitative tests for his action.

Kolkata Knight Riders have been dealt a major blow to their chances in the Champions League T20 final, as spinner Sunil Narine has been reported for having a suspect bowling action a second time following the team's semi-final victory over Hobart Hurricanes on Thursday. The West Indies offspinner will hence not be allowed to bowl in Saturday's final.

Narine, who was called for the first time during KKR's final league game against Dolphins, was again reported, this time by on-field umpires S Ravi and Rod Tucker. Narine finished with figures of 1 for 24 as KKR restricted the Hurricanes to 140 for 6, before chasing it down successfully.

"After all video evidence of the match was taken into account, on-field umpires Rod Tucker and S Ravi along with third umpire Vineet Kulkarni felt that there was a flex action in his elbow beyond the acceptable limit when bowling during the match," a CLT20 release said on Thursday.

"Under the CLT20 Suspected Illegal Bowling Action policy, if a player receives a report while on the warning list, the player shall be suspended from bowling for the remainder of the tournament and from bowling in any matches organised by the BCCI until such date as he is cleared," the release said. "Mr Narine is suspended from bowling, but may continue to be selected to play in matches, however he will not be entitled to bowl."

Narine has been advised to visit the ICC-accredited facility in Chennai to undergo rehabilitative tests for his action.

Narine has been part of a very successful spin trio for the Knight Riders, as along with Piyush Chawla and Kuldeep Yadav they have not allowed opposition teams to dictate terms in the competition. Narine has also been the most successful bowler in the tournament so far with 12 wickets from five games.

Narine's stifling bowling has also been a major factor in KKR being the most economical bowling unit in the competition, after achieving the same during the IPL.

socafighter

Sunil Narine Thread
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 07:07:41 PM »

Narine withdrawn from India tour

Amol Karhadkar
October 3, 2014

Clive Lloyd: 'This guy has been doing well for KKR for three years. [His action] has been pretty much the same; what has been found that they ban him?' © BCCI

West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has decided to withdraw offspinner Sunil Narine from the entire India tour. A WICB spokesperson confirmed to ESPNCricinfo that Narine was being called back home after the CLT20 banned him from bowling having called his action illegal.

Suggesting that corrective measures to his action, if any were needed, should have been made earlier, Lloyd questioned the timing of Narine's suspension, saying the decision could be "destroying" to Narine and affect the team's chances on the forthcoming tour of India and in the World Cup.

From October 8, West Indies will play five ODIs and a T20 against India, before three Tests. Narine's bowling ban is restricted only to the Champions League and other BCCI-run tournaments like the IPL, but it is sure to increase scrutiny on him in international cricket as well.

"We will have to take that decision in a day or so. I am very disappointed because he is an exciting cricketer," Lloyd said on Friday, at Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai, where West Indies played a warm-up game. "The point is, just like [Muttiah] Muralitharan, because your action is different, doesn't mean that you are throwing.

"We have to take a look at things and assess the situation. We don't want to make any rash decision as such. We will discuss it. The board [WICB] will probably take it from there. We will have to inform the board. We can't take decisions just like that. They have to be informed."

ESPNcricinfo understands that the decision will be arrived at before October 6, when the West Indies squad leaves Mumbai for Kochi, which will host the first ODI.

Lloyd said the WICB and the West Indies team management had been told that Narine would be under the scanner in India by a source whose identity he would not disclose. "Before we came here we were told that they were going to call Narine, so it's quite obvious that something must have been said somewhere," he said. "I really can't tell you that [who it was] but I can tell you it's a highly reliable source, because we have to make contingency plans for things like that just in case it happens," Lloyd said, adding that the West Indies cricket fraternity would back Narine.

KKR move to Bangalore, minus Narine

While the Kolkata Knight Riders team moved to Bangalore for the Champions League T20 final, Narine remained in Hyderabad. He has been advised to wait for further instructions from the WICB, on whether to join his West Indies team-mates in Mumbai or Kochi or to head back home.

The Knight Riders management was surprised with the umpires' ruling on Narine, particularly the fact that two days after his faster delivery was reported, his action for several deliveries was termed suspect. However, Venky Mysore, Knight Riders' CEO, said that the franchise would comply with the measures recommended by BCCI, so that Narine can bowl in BCCI-run tournaments like the IPL.

Mysore said he did not want to question the authority of the umpires. "Those are the rules. We accept that. We will be very supportive of everything that Sunil wants to do," Mysore said. "If WICB reaches out, we are always there to support them. We are going to miss him in the final, but we are there to do everything to support him as we don't want his career to get affected.

"I have to say the timing is surprising and so is the fact that he was the only one called twice in the tournament. But we will do everything to help him to put this behind him."
- Nagraj Gollapudi

Lamenting the timing of the suspension, "just before an important series against India and the World Cup that follows", Lloyd said he could not really understand the need to raise questions over the legality of Narine's action when "he has been bowling in the same manner" for years.

"He has been bowling over the years with the same sort of action. Now all of a sudden it has changed. What has changed, I don't know," Lloyd said. "You can't just ban him from bowling just before an important tour like this and with the World Cup coming up. It destroys the individual's ability as such and I think you may end up destroying someone's career.

"This guy has been doing well playing for KKR for the last three years. If you look at his action, he has been doing pretty much the same and I want to know what is it that has been found that they ban him and not say something like, 'Listen, you have a bit of a problem and you have to rectify it.'"

Lloyd compared the situation with that of Pakistan offspinner Saeed Ajmal, who has been suspended from bowling in international cricket. "All of a sudden, this guy [Narine] who is supposed to be one of the best bowlers around - like Ajmal for that matter, how many Test wickets does Ajmal have? - and all of a sudden his bowling action is suspect. My point is something should be done before all this comes to this point.

"It can destroy a team. You want to know if this is being orchestrated because if you lose your main bowler then it puts some pressure on the selectors and the team and so on."

Lloyd also questioned the Champions League T20 regulations and procedure, which has proven to be rather ambiguous.

"Nobody has told us anything. Nobody has written a letter. That is the thing about it. Something should be said to us. We are left high and dry. All of a sudden, the guy is not playing in a tournament he has played for the last three years. What are you then saying about the tournament then? Are you saying that the tournament has probably previously allowed people who have got bad actions to play?"

Asked if the ICC, which has been tightlipped over the issue since it doesn't govern the Champions League, should step in and get in touch with the WICB, Lloyd sad he hoped it happened soon. "I think it's wrong the way they have gone about it and I have been involved in the ICC for years [as a match referee and technical committee chief] and I think you cannot just ban a guy just like that. This is a guy who has played for us all over the world, not only in the West Indies. All of a sudden, this guy has got a suspect action. I am not happy, I would like to strongly say that."

Kumar Dharmasena, a leading umpire on the ICC Elite Panel, has been involved in three of the four cases of suspect actions being reported in Champions League. So, Lloyd said, he was not sure if that indirectly meant Narine would be reported in international cricket.

With the ICC taking a hard stance on illegal actions in the last six months, the WICB is likely to be wary. Ian Gould, another Elite Panel umpire, will be one of the match officials for the ODI series in India. Gould was among the umpires who reported offspinners Sachithra Senanayake and Ajmal, both of whom were later banned from bowling in international cricket, earlier this year.

Amol Karhadkar is a correspondent at ESPNcricinfo

RSS Feeds: Amol Karhadkar
© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 03:45:25 AM by Flex »

socafighter

'I'm not surprised about Narine' - Croft
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 07:19:07 PM »
'I'm not surprised about Narine' - Croft

Video ....http://www.espncricinfo.com/champions-league-twenty20-2014/content/video_audio/787069.html

Former West Indies fast bowler Colin Croft demonstrates why he wasn't surprised by the recent reporting of Sunil Narine's action considering the current climate within in world cricket (00:57)

socafighter

Narine ban skews title fight.....Super Kings v Knight Riders
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2014, 07:23:28 PM »
Narine ban skews title fight......Super Kings v Knight Riders
The Preview by Karthik Krishnaswamy
October 3, 2014

Match facts
Saturday, October 4, 2014

Agarkar: Narine suspension makes CSK favourites

It's easy to overstate the influence of one player in a team sport, but the loss of just one player might mean Kolkata Knight Riders go into the Champions League T20 final as underdogs despite having won their last 14 matches. Unless they choose to play him as a specialist batsman, Sunil Narine will play no part in the final. Chennai Super Kings, against whose power-packed batting lineup he has an economy rate of 5.90 in eight matches, must have rejoiced when they heard news of his bowling ban during their semi-final game.

The last time Super Kings faced him, in the opening game of the tournament's group stage, they scored nine runs off Narine's four overs, and scored 148 off the 16 overs bowled by Knight Riders' other bowlers. In the end, Knight Riders won despite slipping to 51 for 5 at the start of their chase.

Narine is the highest wicket-taker in this tournament, has the best economy rate of anyone who has bowled a significant number of overs, and is absolutely central to Knight Riders' bowling plans. Out of the 20 overs he has bowled in the CLT20, only four have come outside the first six or the last five of an innings. Now, in their most important game of the tournament, Knight Riders will have to rejig their entire bowling plan and figure out which of their bowlers will deliver the most critical overs.

This isn't to say Knight Riders are a one-man team. As shown by S Rajesh, ESPNcricinfo's stats editor, in his analysis of their winning streak, the improved performance of their batsmen has been a vital factor in their success. The rest of their spin attack, moreover, has been excellent. But can they stand up to Super Kings' fearsome phalanx of batsmen without their talisman bowling the bulk of the pressure overs?

Form guide
Kolkata Knight Riders WWWWW (completed matches only, most recent first)
Chennai Super Kings WWWLL

Watch out for
Since smashing a 43-ball 90 against Dolphins, Suresh Raina has twice been out cheaply in frustrating ways - run-out against Perth Scorchers, caught at a specifically stationed short midwicket against Kings XI Punjab. Raina is striking the ball as cleanly as ever, and Knight Riders might need to get him out early to keep Super Kings in check.

Jacques Kallis scored a match-winning half-century the last time he faced Super Kings in a final, and he seems to be in good touch with the bat, having scored an unbeaten 40-ball 54 in the semi-final against Hobart Hurricanes. Kallis has only had to bowl four overs in three matches so far in this tournament, but he might be required to fill in with the ball in the final, with Narine not around.

Team news
The boundaries at the Chinnaswamy Stadium are considerably shorter than those in Hyderabad, where they played their semi-final, and this might cause Super Kings to consider selecting an extra seamer in place of Pawan Negi, the third spinner.

Chennai Super Kings 1 Dwayne Smith, 2 Brendon McCullum, 3 Suresh Raina, 4 Faf du Plessis, 5 Dwayne Bravo, 6 MS Dhoni (capt & wk), 7 Ravindra Jadeja, 8 R Ashwin, 9 Ishwar Pandey/Pawan Negi, 10 Mohit Sharma, 11 Ashish Nehra

Knight Riders have used all four of their spinners in their recent games, and don't have anyone else in the squad as a direct replacement for Narine. It looks like they will have to go with an extra seam option, and that probably means Pat Cummins will return to their line-up.

Kolkata Knight Riders 1 Robin Uthappa (wk), 2 Gautam Gambhir (capt), 3 Jacques Kallis, 4 Manish Pandey, 5 Yusuf Pathan, 6 Ryan ten Doeschate, 7 Suryakumar Yadav, 8 Andre Russell, 9 Piyush Chawla, 10 Pat Cummins, 11 Kuldeep Yadav

Stats and trivia
Kolkata Knight Riders may not miss Sunil Narine all that much, after all. In his two finals for them, he has picked up only one wicket, and has conceded 83 runs in eight overs
Ravindra Jadeja is yet to be dismissed in the tournament. He has batted three times and scored 111 runs off 55 balls, at a strike rate of 201.81
Karthik Krishnaswamy is a senior sub-editor at ESPNcricinfo

RSS Feeds: Karthik Krishnaswamy
© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

socafighter

Re: Narine withdrawn from India tour
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2014, 07:37:50 PM »
Fearing he’ll be called for suspect action, Windies send Narine home

Written by Bharat Sundaresan | Mumbai | Posted: October 4, 2014 4:20 am

Offspinner Sunil Narine has left India for the Caribbean, and will not play in the Test and ODI series beginning in Kochi on October 8, it is reliably learnt.
Narine was banned from bowling in Saturday’s Champions League final after he was reported for suspect action for a second time in two matches during Kolkata Knight Riders’s semifinal game against the Hobart Hurricanes on Thursday.
The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) declined to confirm on Friday that Narine had flown home. However, it is learnt that one of two left arm orthodox spinners, Nikita Miller and Suleiman Benn, will replace him in the squad.

Mystery repeats itself

WICB chairman of selectors Clive Lloyd said that even before the squad arrived in India, the team management had learnt from “reliable sources” that the umpires were “going to call Narine (for suspect action)” during the ODI series. India and the West Indies are scheduled to play five One-Dayers, followed by a T20 and three Tests.
Reacting to the Champions League ban on Narine, Lloyd had indicated that with the World Cup just four months away, the team management was wary of playing the 26-year-old Trinidadian in the ODIs.
“If you hear these sort of rumours, it’s obvious that something was said before. It can destroy a team. You want to know if this is being orchestrated, because if you lose your main bowler then it puts pressure on the team. If he was called in the ODIs, he would have had to take quite a few months off and therefore missed the World Cup,” Lloyd, one of the game’s legends and the last West Indian captain to win a bilateral series in India, said.

Since he emerged on the international scene in 2011, Narine has taken 73 wickets in 52 ODIs and 21 wickets in 6 Tests, and been the top spinner for the Windies. His action was first reported during KKR’s league match against the Dolphins, where his quicker delivery came under the scanner.

He was reported a second time on Thursday by umpires Rod Tucker, S Ravi and Vineet Kulkarni for flex action in his elbow beyond the acceptable limit.
“He has been bowling over the years with the same sort of action and delivering the same faster ball. And all of a sudden, they say his action is suspect. Just like what happened with (Saeed) Ajmal, who like Sunil is one of the best bowlers around. I have been involved in the ICC for years and I think you cannot ban a guy just like that,” Lloyd said.
“If somebody is saying that you are fraudulent, what do they do? They are going to write you a letter, and say you’ve done so and so. They don’t just send you off to jail. I want to know how they decided to ban him rather than say something like, ‘Listen, you have a bit of a problem and you have to rectify it’,” he added.

Of late, the ICC has taken a tough line on suspect actions, with Ajmal suspended and Senanayake, Shane Shillingford and Kane Williamson having been reported. Lloyd, however, insisted that Narine and Ajmal weren’t the only off-spinners with kinks in their action, and that if ICC were to stick with the crackdown, “a lot more bowlers would not be bowling in a month or so”.

“The point is, just like (Muttiah) Muralitharan, because your action is different doesn’t mean that you are throwing. I think it is wrong that one of our best bowlers is being penalised now when he’s been bowling well for years in India in matches being overseen by top ICC match referees and not been called,” he said.] With Narine’s immediate future uncertain, Lloyd said the WICB and selection committee would back him fully. “I have seen a lot of people whose actions are very funny but they were still playing.

I am unhappy with the way things have been done about West Indian players and I think it’s about time that we stand up for our youngsters,” he said. -

socafighter

Re: Narine withdrawn from India tour
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2014, 06:11:34 AM »
Narine dilemma
...top spinner’s place on India tour in doubt

Story Created: Oct 3, 2014 at 9:04 PM ECT
Express

The West Indies are considering removing Sunil Narine from their squad for the upcoming one-day international (ODI) series in India starting next week. Convenor of the selection panel Clive Lloyd told the ESPNcricinfo website yesterday that a decision will be made on the off-spinner within the next couple days.

Narine’s place in the five-match ODI series has come into question after he was reported in consecutive matches this week for a suspect bowling action by umpires in the Champions League T20 competition in India. The second suspension, which came after his team Kolkata Knight Riders’ semi-final win over the Hobart Hurricanes, has ruled him out of today’s final against Chennai Super Kings.

Reacting to the turn of events, former West Indies captain Lloyd said he was “very disappointed” by the banning of Narine.”The point is, just like [Muttiah] Muralitharan, because your action is different, doesn’t mean that you are throwing.
“We have to take a look at things and assess the situation. We don’t want to make any rash decision as such. We will discuss it. The board [WICB] will probably take it from there. We will have to inform the board. We can’t take decisions just like that. They have to be informed.”

Lloyd also questioned the timing of Narine’s suspension, describing it as “destroying” to Narine. Lloyd also told the website that the WICB and the West Indies team management had been told that Narine would be under scrutiny in India by a source whose identity he would not disclose. He said: “Before we came here we were told that they were going to call Narine, so it’s quite obvious that something must have been said somewhere.”

The chairman of selectors added: “He has been bowling over the years with the same sort of action. Now all of a sudden it has changed. What has changed, I don’t know,” Lloyd said. “You can’t just ban him from bowling just before an important tour like this and with the World Cup coming up. It destroys the individual’s ability as such and I think you may end up destroying someone’s career.

“This guy has been doing well playing for KKR for the last three years. If you look at his action, he has been doing pretty much the same and I want to know what is it that has been found that they ban him and not say something like, ‘Listen, you have a bit of a problem and you have to rectify it.”

Knight Riders CEO Venky Mysore also told the website the team was surprised by the clampdown on the ace bowler. ‘’I have to say the timing is surprising and so is the fact that he was the only one called twice in the tournament. But we will do everything to help him to put this behind him.”

On Thursday, the chairman of the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board’s selection panel, Alec Burns, called for Narine not to be used in the upcoming series so that he could work on his action.

“Psychologically he would not be at ease,” Burns told the Express. “This is the second time he has been cautioned (in the CL T20)...I think that is cause for concern. I would want the West Indies board to move with haste to have him do remedial work. He is a key part of our bowling attack. Without Sunil Narine I don’t think we will be as effective.”

socafighter

Sunil Narine Thread
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2014, 07:08:02 AM »
Lloyd: WICB knew Narine was going to be reported
4 Oct 2014, 1104 hrs IST,  gocricket staff,  gocricket.com

A livid Clive Lloyd expressed displeasure over the timing of Sunil Narine's ban.

Chairman of West Indies selectors, Clive Lloyd has revealed that a credible source had notified WICB and the team management in advance about Sunil Narine coming under the scanner during the Champions League Twenty20 prior to the tournament. Narine, on whom the ban was imposed following Kolkata Knight Rider's semi-final win against Hobart Hurricanes, was on Friday withdrawn from West Indies' scheme of things for the series against India.

"Before we came here we were told that they were going to call Narine, so it's quite obvious that something must have been said somewhere," he said. "I really can't tell you that [who it was] but I can tell you it's a highly reliable source, because we have to make contingency plans for things like that just in case it happens."

Lloyd expressed surprise over the timing of the decision made by the CLT20 since Narine's action was clear during all these years. "He has been bowling over the years with the same sort of action. Now all of a sudden it has changed. What has changed, I don't know," Lloyd said during West Indies' warm-up game against India A on Friday.

"You can't just ban him from bowling just before an important tour like this and with the World Cup coming up. It destroys the individual's ability as such and I think you may end up destroying someone's career."

Narine has been an exceptional performer for KKR ever since he joined the franchise in 2012. He has bagged 67 wickets from 47 games in addition to playing a key role in guiding KKR to two IPL titles in three years.

"This guy has been doing well playing for KKR for the last three years," Lloyd said. "If you look at his action, he has been doing pretty much the same and I want to know what is it that has been found that they ban him and not say something like, 'Listen, you have a bit of a problem and you have to rectify it.'"

Lloyd was baffled at the guidelines of the CLT20 since the entire procedure was very unclear and there was no intimation from any party or individual. "Nobody has told us anything. Nobody has written a letter. That is the thing about it. Something should be said to us. We are left high and dry. All of a sudden, the guy is not playing in a tournament he has played for the last three years.

"What are you then saying about the tournament then? Are you saying that the tournament has probably previously allowed people who have got bad actions to play?"

« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 03:44:48 AM by Flex »

socafighter

KKR rally behind beleaguered Narine
3 Oct 2014, 1549 hrs IST,  PTI 

Sunil Narine's quicker delivery has come under scanner during the ongoing CLT20.

New Delhi: The Kolkata Knight Riders team management is standing by their star spinner Sunil Narine, who won't be able to bowl in their Champions League T20 summit clash against Chennai Super Kings in Bangalore on Saturday, and is hopeful that he will come back strongly despite this setback.

"Sunil is not only a fantastic cricketer but also a brilliant team man. Right now, we are not thinking about anything else but we want him to come back strongly and not get disheartened. We are with him and we will help him in all necessary manners," KKR Team Director Joy Bhattacharjya said.

Asked if KKR would appeal against the decision, Bhattacharjya clarified, "As per the rules and guidelines of the CLT20, there are no provisions for appealing. If three umpires -- two on-field and the third umpire have felt that his action is suspect, you have to respect their decision."

Narine's quicker delivery has come under scanner during the ongoing CLT20 and on-field umpires C Shamshuddin and Anil Chaudhary reported during the final group league match against the Dolphins. As per rules, Narine would have been barred if he had bowled the quicker delivery once again in the tournament and that's precisely what had happened in the semi-final match between KKR and Hobart Hurricanes.

On-field umpires Rod Tucker and S Ravi expressed their suspicion about his quicker delivery and subsequently banned him from bowling in the final match. Although Narine is free to bowl in international matches, he will certainly be under immense pressure during the upcoming five-match ODI series between India and the West Indies, where some of these international umpires are set to officiate.

socafighter

Benn replaces Narine in West Indies squad
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2014, 01:29:01 PM »
Benn replaces Narine in West Indies squad
4 Oct 2014, 2111 hrs IST,  PTI 

Benn replaces Narine in West Indies squad© AFP
The 33-year-old Barbados player, Benn will join the team on Monday at Kochi, the venue for the first ODI.

Mumbai: Left-arm spinner Sulieman Benn will be replacing mystery bowler Sunil Narine, who has been was withdrawn from the tour of India following his "illegal" bowling action reported during the Champions League Twenty20 tournament.

The 33-year-old Barbados player, Benn will join the team on Monday at Kochi, the venue for the first ODI. The opening match is scheduled for October 8. "The withdrawal from the upcoming tour will allow Narine the opportunity to have his action assessed and plan his return to cricket," a WICB release stated.

WICB's chairman of selection committee, Clive Lloyd has expressed disappointment with Narine's removal and the way the matter was dealt with by CLT20 organisers.

"I am disappointed that our best bowler could suddenly be out of the tour. I am quite disappointed about the procedure that surrounded the 'calling' of Sunil in the Champions Trophy tournament. These things have the potential to disrupt the team's preparation for a critical series against India but we will have to overcome this hurdle," Lloyd said.

"We would like some clarity from the authorities on what led to the present situation and the details as we move forward. I think there must be a better way of doing the right things," he added.

Meanwhile, opener Lendl Simmons, who has a back problem, was rested for today's practice match. Jermaine Blackwood, 22-year-old from Jamaica, has been called in as a cover for Simmons. Blackwood trained with the rest of the team today at the Wankhede Stadium here.

1]; } ?>