March 28, 2024, 05:02:08 PM

Author Topic: Sunil Narine Thread  (Read 23545 times)

socafighter

Sunil Narine will come back as a better bowler, feels West Indies team manager
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2014, 01:33:00 PM »
Sunil Narine will come back as a better bowler, feels West Indies team manager

Press Trust of India | Mumbai | Posted: October 4, 2014 9:53 pm

Former West Indies captain Richie Richardson came out in full support of mystery spinner Sunil Narine, who has been barred from playing the Champions League T20 final for a suspect illegal bowling action, saying he will return as an even better bowler.

The off-spinner was reported for a suspected action during a CLT20 match and was subsequently withdrawn from not only the CLT20 final between Chennai Super Kings and Kolkata Knight Riders but also from West Indies’ tour to India, commencing on October 8 at Kochi.
Tweets
These things will happen and it's how well you handle these crisis that proves the strength of character
“Knowing the character that he is, he is not gonna let that get him down. He is gonna go back and work. He is gonna come back with a bang. And he is gonna come back an even better bowler,” Richardson, who is the West Indies cricket team manager in the current tour of India, said.

“These things will happen and it’s how well you handle these crisis that proves the strength of character. I know he is a very strong individual. Might seem very easy going, very quiet but deep down he is a very confident, strong individual,” he added.
Asked what advice he would give to 26-year old Trinidadian, Richardson said, “How do you know he is not in a very good frame of mind? Nobody wants it to happen to himself . Nobody wants it to happen to anybody. It’s unfortunate. He has just got to go home, think about it and come back.

“And I know that’s his approach, that’s his attitude. He would obviously be disappointed but he is not down.”

Stating that the team is confident of beating the hosts even without their ace bowler, Richardson said, “We just have to focus on what we have to do. We are positive even without him that we can play well against India and beat India. That’s the attitude we have got to adapt. Things happen in life that you have no control over.
“The most important thing for you is to always pick yourself up and go forward. Sometimes when you lose a major player, other players dig deeper, somebody else comes to the fore. And that’s what we want to see,” he said.

Asked if the team should have gone with two spinners Richardson said, “I am not the selector. Even when I was the captain I never got the playing XI I wanted to pick. At the end of the day it is a democratic process. The selectors have a plan. We just have to support the team.”

socafighter

Sunil Narine Thread
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2014, 05:10:35 AM »
Narine pulled from Indian tour over throwing fears

Published: Guardian
Sunday, October 5, 2014

MUMBAI, India—West Indies’ chances in the upcoming one-day series against India has been dealt a severe blow, with the West Indies Cricket Board opting to pull champion off-spinner Sunil Narine from the 14-man squad. The move comes after the Trinidadian right-armer was twice reported for having a suspected illegal action during the Champions League Twenty20 and was subsequently banned from bowling in the tournament.

A replacement for Narine is expected to be named shortly with combative left-arm spinner Sulieman Benn widely expected to fill the breach. In a release late Friday night, the WICB said the decision to withdraw Narine from the tour was taken after discussions with the player, the selection panel and the West Indies team management, and said the time off would allow the bowler the opportunity to have his action assessed. Chairman of selectors Clive Lloyd said he was “disappointed” by the latest development which saw Narine reported by umpires following Kolkata Knight Riders’ final preliminary CLT20 game last Monday and then following Thursday’s semi-final.

Lloyd, the legendary former West Indies captain, said West Indies were requesting “clarity” on the situation so the team could plan their way forward. “I am disappointed that our best bowler could suddenly be out of the tour. I am quite disappointed about the procedure that surrounded the ‘calling’ of Sunil in the Champions [League] tournament,” Lloyd said. “These things have the potential to disrupt the team’s preparation for a critical series against India but we will have to overcome this hurdle.” He added: “We would like some clarity from the authorities on what led to the present situation and the details as we move forward. I think there must be a better way of doing the right things.”

Lloyd, appointed two months ago, had earlier indicated that Windies management were aware that Narine would have come under close scrutiny had he played in the one-day series. “Before we came here we were told that they were going to call Narine, so it's quite obvious that something must have been said somewhere,” Lloyd said. “I really can't tell you that [who it was] but I can tell you it's a highly reliable source, because we have to make contingency plans for things like that just in case it happens.” The 26-year-old Narine is ranked two number two in both the ICC one-day and Twenty20 world rankings. He has been one of the main thrusts behind KKR’s recent success, taking a tournament-leading 12 wickets to help them reach Saturday's final of the CLT20 against Chennai Super Kings. West Indies play the first of five One-Day Internationals starting Wednesday at the Nehru Stadium in Kochi. (CMC)

« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 03:40:45 AM by Flex »

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Narine pulled from Indian tour over throwing fears
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2014, 05:56:08 AM »
Why so many threads about Narine?....can't they be merged to one thread? :frustrated:  They're all about the same thing...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Narine pulled from Indian tour over throwing fears
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2014, 07:15:09 AM »
Why so many threads about Narine?....can't they be merged to one thread? :frustrated:  They're all about the same thing...

Good call.

socafighter

No plan for Narine yet
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2014, 05:57:22 AM »
No plan for Narine yet
By Roger Seepersad
Story Created: Oct 8, 2014 at 11:49 PM ECT
Express

NOT IN TRAINING: Sunil Narine

The West Indies Cricket Board will be working with spinner Sunil Narine to ensure the 26-year-old makes a speedy return to the international arena following his Champions League Twenty20 (CLT20) ban. But for now the mystery spinner says he is on a break and he is not going to let the situation get him down.

The Kolkata Knight Riders player Narine was suspended from bowling in CLT20 due to a suspected “illegal” bowling action and the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) subsequently withdrew the mystery spinner from their side for the tour of India which started yesterday with the first One-day International.

“The withdrawal from the upcoming tour will allow Narine the opportunity to have his action assessed and plan his return to cricket,” a WICB release stated.
So far no “plan” has been outlined by Narine or the WICB, however WICB CEO Michael Muirhead said: “We are hoping it won’t be a protracted thing and we are working with him to have that process take place.”

Contacted by the Express Tuesday, Narine preferred to make no statement about the CLT20 ban and his withdrawal from the West Indies squad saying: “I have no comment on that.” Asked if the situation was getting to him in any way, Narine said: “No, I’m good”.

Muirhead even explained that “He (Narine) has volunteered and wants to go and get tested and do rehabilitation if necessary. It was a joint decision with both Sunil and the WICB in terms of what would be in the best interest of the team.”

Asked Tuesday if the WICB had made any arrangement for him to get his action tested or to do any remedial work, Narine said: “I have no comment on any of the situation(s) relating to (what happened during) the Champions League (Twenty20).”

Asked whether he was planning to resume training with the Trinidad and Tobago team or if he is was planning taking a break, Narine said: “More or less, I am on a break”.
Questioned about his interim plans Narine said he did not have any as yet and asked when he was planning to resume training, he said “I have no idea as yet”.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No plan for Narine yet
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2014, 03:05:35 PM »
This is not right. Keep your head up, Breds. Swallow your pride, go and take your remedial classes and come back better than ever.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No plan for Narine yet
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2014, 06:15:43 PM »
This is not right. Keep your head up, Breds. Swallow your pride, go and take your remedial classes and come back better than ever.

Part of it Deeks may be the shock of getting over this which he may view as an insult.  For all we know the break could be very short, 1-2 weeks, who knows.  But his emotional dust cloud has to settle a little before he has an official plan of attack so to speak that he can stand up to and share w/the media - at least I am hoping this is what it is....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

socafighter

Did BCCI Orchestrate Sunil Narine 'Exit' from India-West Indies Series? Richards, Lloyd Feel Decision is Suspect
Sunil Narine was withdrawn from West Indies tour of India after the Kolkata Knight Riders spinner was banned from bowling in the Champions League Twenty20 final for illegal action, which simply means throwing the ball in an attempt to spin it.
Reported by: Soumitra Bose Last updated on Thursday, 09 October, 2014 18:43 IST

Sunil Narine's 'ouster' from the India-West Indies series is clouded in suspicion.
© BCCI

The mystery around Sunil Narine's 'ouster' from the India versus West Indies series is spewing some bad blood. Was the shocking 'exit' engineered by some influential people in the ICC? Was he deliberately called for suspect bowling action during the Champions League Twenty20 so that Kolkata Knight Riders missed him in the final against Chennai Super Kings? Sunil Narine remains an interesting side story.

The first seed of suspicion that Narine has been fouled was sown by former West Indies captain and now chief selector Clive Lloyd. Having been a high-profile ICC match referee and chairman of the ICC's Cricket Committee, Lloyd would know the difference between fair and unfair bowling action. The decision to banish Narine from the Champions League and subsequently from the current bilateral series has left Lloyd stunned and bitter. So is Vivian Richards.

"He has been bowling over the years with the same sort of action. Now all of a sudden it has changed. What has changed, I don't know," Lloyd was quoted by ESPNCricinfo. "You can't just ban him from bowling just before an important tour like this and with the World Cup coming up. It destroys the individual's ability as such and I think you may end up destroying someone's career."
Lloyd is not the only man surprised. Former captain Richie Richardson was stumped by the sudden call. But since he is currently the tour manager, Richardson chose to be more diplomatic.

"We can't do nothing about that. We just have to focus on what we have to do. We were positive even without him that we can play well against India and beat India. That's the attitude we have got to adapt," Richardson said. The 124-run win in Kochi should give the West Indians more belief that Narine is not indispensable. (Narine Dangerous Even Without Faster Ball: Sammy)

"Things happen in life that you have no control over, the most important thing for you is to always pick yourself up and go forward. Sometimes when you lose a major player, other players dig deeper, somebody else comes to the fore. And that's what we want to see," Richardson said. In Narine's absence, left-arm spinner Sulieman Benn is now heading the spin attack.

Just like Lloyd, Richards has questioned the timing of banning Narine. Former Pakistan captain had echoed similar views after Saeed Ajmal was penalised for suspect action. A hurt Pakistan are currently playing against Australia in the UAE, minus Ajmal, till recently the world's leading spinner.

Richards, usually nonchalant in life, is smelling a fish. In the world of cricket politics where rich Boards like the BCCI calls the shots, Richards is unhappy that Narine is missing a crucial series just months away from the World Cup.

"In my opinion such action should have been taken some time ago and on a wider basis because these guys have been there for quite some time," Richards told ESPNCricinfo in Colombo. The former master blaster is now the technical director of the West Indies A team.
"I am not sure because West Indies are touring India, there is going to be a World Cup next year, whether all this has something to do with it, I just believe the timing has to be good. With the next World Cup around the corner this is not the correct time to take such measures," said Richards.

The ICC seems to be handing out suspensions on a war footing. On Wednesday, it hauled up Zimbabwe bowler Prosper Utseya and Bangladesh spinner Sohag Gazi for illegal action. While the 'cleaning' drive has been appreciated by former Test skippers like Ricky Ponting, Lloyd feels ICC's action seems vindictive.
Lloyd said: "I think it's wrong the way they have gone about it and I have been involved in the ICC for years and I think you cannot just ban a guy just like that. This is a guy who has played for us all over the world, not only in the West Indies. All of a sudden, this guy has got a suspect action. I am not happy, I would like to strongly say that."

He may not be around, but Sunil Narine will continue to haunt the current India versus West Indies series. Like so many cricket issues that get swept under the carpet, the Narine episode will remain just that, suspect!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Narine pulls out of WC
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2015, 11:45:05 AM »
Every Trini should pull out of that team.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2015, 04:13:32 PM »
What happened to Badree. Is he injured?
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 05:40:49 PM »

For whatever reason for WI never been regarded as an ODI bowler, then again w/Lloyd you never know

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 06:14:32 PM »

For whatever reason for WI never been regarded as an ODI bowler, then again w/Lloyd you never know

You have a point but I just check. He injured.

VB

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Narine cleared to play in IPL
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2015, 11:34:47 PM »
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2015/content/story/858373.html

Sunil Narine will play the IPL this season for Kolkata Knight Riders after the BCCI's sub-committee dealing with suspect actions gave him a clean chit.

Narine had taken a retest at Sri Ramachandra University, an ICC-accredited centre, on Thursday where he was put through various tests by the panel comprising former India captain S Venkataraghavan, former India fast bowler Javagal Srinath and ex-international umpire AV Jayaprakash.

"The committee concluded that Mr. Sunil Narine, who had remodelled his bowling action, was within the ICC approved limits for all types of deliveries that were assessed and has hence recommended to the BCCI, that his name may be removed from the warning list of bowlers with suspect action," a BCCI press release said.

This means Narine will be available for selection for the defending champions who play the tournament opener against Mumbai Indians at Eden Gardens on April 8, and in all BCCI-organised tournaments henceforth.

Narine was first called for a suspect action last October during the Champions League T20. Subsequently he was asked by the BCCI to get it tested at any of the ICC-accredited centres with a rider saying that he would need to travel to Chennai centre if the panel deemed fit. Objecting to this condition, Knight Riders management sought the intervention of BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya and lodged a protest.

It was Dalmiya who made the first call to Knight Riders to inform that Narine was cleared. "The work has been done. Sunil Narine has been cleared," Dalmiya told ESPNcricinfo.

Venky Mysore, the Knight Riders' chief executive, said the franchise was relieved that Narine, their premier match-winner, was available to play again. "It is a matter of genuine relief. We are very thankful to the BCCI president, secretary and other board officials for bringing the matter reach the appropriate conclusion."

Nagraj Gollapudi is an assistant editor at ESPNcricinfo

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Narine reported for suspect action again
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2015, 12:34:49 PM »
These people really have it out for Narine...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2015/content/story/866063.html

Kolkata Knight Riders offspinner Sunil Narine has been reported once again for a suspect action following the game against Sunrisers Hyderabad on April 22 in Visakhapatnam.

An IPL release said that Narine "will still be eligible to bowl in forthcoming IPL matches" and that he "may request a biomechanical analysis of the deliveries in question at the ICC and BCCI accredited testing facility, the Sri Ramachandra Arthroscopy and Sports Science Centre in Chennai."

Narine was first reported for a suspect action during the Champions League Twenty20 in October 2014, following Knight Riders' group game against Dolphins. He was allowed to play their next game, the semi-final against Hobart Hurricanes, but all 24 deliveries of his spell were called suspect by the on-field umpires, meaning he was banned from bowling in the final, against Chennai Super Kings.

Consequently, Narine skipped West Indies' tour of India later that month, and informed the WICB about handling the rehabilitation process on his own. Despite not having played any competitive cricket since then, Narine was surprisingly picked by Clive Lloyd's selection panel in West Indies' World Cup squad on January 11 and two weeks later, he clocked his best bowling performance in List-A cricket, picking 6 for 9 to help Trinidad & Tobago to the NAGICO 50-over title.

Narine, though, withdrew from the World Cup squad on January 27, stating that he did not want to rush back, and instead focused on remodeling his action, working with a very small group of coaches including former Pakistan offspinner Saqlain Mushtaq.

In early March, Narine underwent tests at the ICC accredited centre at University of Loughborough and got a positive nod from the experts. However, when the clearance report from the Loughborough centre was submitted for review and clearance from BCCI's sub-committee dealing with corrective actions, the board wrote back to Knight Riders saying Narine would have to clear another round of tests at the Sri Ramachandra University centre if he was to play in the IPL. It meant the BCCI was effectively cancelling the Loughborough report.

While Knight Riders questioned how the board could discredit a report from an ICC-approved centre, the BCCI maintained that they were merely making their own assessment to be adequately convinced with the bowler's action. Despite the protest from his team, Narine eventually took the retest and was granted a clean chit by a panel comprising former India captain S Venkataraghavan, former India fast bowler Javagal Srinath, and ex-international umpire AV Jayaprakash. Upon being cleared, a BCCI press release stated that Narine had "recommended to the BCCI that his name may be removed from the warning list of bowlers with suspect actions".

Since reworking his action, Narine has been extracting substantially lesser turn than before, and picked up only two wickets at an average of 73.50 from five IPL matches this season.
whey boy!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Narine reported for suspect action again
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2015, 09:43:51 PM »
I think this man may be ruined and just too paranoid.
However, he has been called many times in his career and not just in India.

I remember Mukesh Persard having the same problem many years ago.

VB

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2015, 11:34:25 PM »
I think there is a personal vendatta again KKR even more so against Sharuk Khan..

All of last season nothing wrong with Narine..just from about d semi final...IPL pull d plug..

It not making sense...

Dey aint calling no Indian bowler...something not adding up..I standing with Narine ...
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2015, 02:23:37 PM »
of course they not calling an indian bowler, they don't want an indo-caribbean bowler better than ashwin, jealousy and sabotaging west indies

and if it is not that, it just means that they trying the same thing that they did with murali

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2015, 01:17:05 AM »
Davis Furlonge back Narine

By by Roger Seepersad roger.seepersad@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Apr 25, 2015 at 9:11 PM ECT 

(Story Updated: Apr 25, 2015 at 9:11 PM ECT  )

Queen’s Park Cricket Club (QPCC) coach David Furlonge and administrator Bryan Davis have thrown their support behind Sunil Narine after the West Indies and Kolkata Knight Riders spinner was reported for a suspect illegal bowling action during the Indian Premier League (IPL) match against Sunrisers Hyderabad on April 22.

Narine was first reported for a suspect action during the Champions League T20 series last year.

He modified his action and was cleared by the ICC during his biomechanical test in Loughborough in England.

The BCCI requested that the off spinner undergo another round of testing at the Sri Ramachandra University in Chennai after which the BCCI’s sub-committee on suspect actions cleared him to bowl in the IPL.

Now after being reported again, Narine reached out to his QPCC coach Furlonge who offered the spinner some words of advice before he went for more testing on his action in India.

“We spoke about the situation and you must be bothered by it,” Furlonge told the Express yesterday.

“You are not being told which balls were suspect. He went and did the tests and now he is waiting on the results,” Furlonge explained.

“His action is good, very much improved and it was proven when the ICC tested it and said it was good, then when the BCCI tested it and said it was good,” the QPCC coach added.

“We spoke about the situation and I said this is just another hurdle that he has to overcome.

I think he is strong enough to counter it. He really loves the cricket and he has a passion for the game,” said Furlonge.

Davis also believes that while being reported again will be disheartening for Narine, he is confident the spinner will be able to come out on top.

“I think it must affect him. Psychologically it must worry him. You will be thinking about if you are bending your elbow or not,” said Davis.

“But it is just a kink. It happened before and he went back and worked on it. He really worked hard and it was passed by all these people so for him to be reported now, it must be very disheartening. But he has a strong character and I think he will just keep trying,” he added.

However for Davis, he does not see anything wrong with Narine’s action.

“I am not an umpire but from what I saw, it (his action) looked different to me. It was smoother,” Davis added.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/-Furlonge-Davis-back-Narine-301333281.html

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2015, 12:12:08 AM »
Maybe the solution is to say fawwk India and play everywhere else.

The English and the WI seem fine with his action.

VB

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2015, 08:31:27 AM »

VB

:beermug:
whey boy!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2015, 03:49:15 PM »

VB

:beermug:

jealousy... it has way more players with suspect action that are not called..

Narine is just too good for them, they can't bat him, so they want to ban him because he is the best in the world...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Narine banned from bowling off spin in India
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2015, 12:04:42 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/NIGHTMARE-CONTINUES-301785271.html

NIGHTMARE CONTINUES

Now Narine banned from bowling off-breaks

By Mark Fraser

Story Created: Apr 30, 2015 at 1:14 AM ECT 

(Story Updated: Apr 30, 2015 at 1:14 AM ECT  )

West Indies spinner Sunil Narine has been banned from bowling off breaks in any match organised by the BCCI, officials announced yesterday.

Narine’s ban, imposed after the BCCI suspect bowling action committee reviewed the evidence, also extends to matches in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Narine may continue to bowl his other deliveries - the knuckle ball and the quicker straight ball.
However if he uses the off-break again in the ongoing IPL, he will be suspended from bowling in BCCI-organised matches, officials have said.

Narine is now expected to undergo corrective work on his action again after which he can request another assessment by the BCCI committee.
He was reported again for a suspect action following Kolkata Knight Riders’ (KKR) game against Sunrisers Hyderabad

NIGHTMARES on April 22 in Visakhapatnam and went to the ICC-accredited Sri Ramachandra Arthroscopy and Sports Sciences Centre in Chennai for a biomechanical analysis of his bowling action.
The BCCI suspect bowling action committee‎ concluded that Narine’s action for his off-break was illegal.
Narine has since missed Knight Riders’ match against Chennai Super Kings on Tuesday as the franchise had decided to not risk playing the spinner.

Twice he was reported during the Champions League T20 last year forcing him to skip the West Indies’ tour of South Africa. And despite remedial work and participation in the regional Nagico Super50 competition, Narine also opted to miss the World Cup in Australia and New Zealand in February.
Narine’s current plight has brought him sympathy from his KKR teammate Brad Hogg.
“All I can say is that I feel sorry for Sunil, what he is going through at the moment,” said Hogg, a left-arm chinaman bowler, and a lower-order left-handed batsman.
“I think it is disappointing that he has gone away. He has come back. He is being tested. All of a sudden he is put under the spotlight again. I feel sorry for him”.

Hogg added: “It’s one of them things as a cricketer I am not happy with those situations at the present moment. He has got a wonderful skill. It’s just disappointing where he is at the moment but he is in high spirits and hopefully we will see him again in the rest of the IPL in the future”

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2015, 12:21:02 PM »
Can someone post a video of him bowling his illegal(according to CBCI) stuff?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Sunil Narine Thread
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2015, 03:41:47 AM »
Sunil please take the Indians out of their misery.
By Vinode Mamchan (Guardian)

Sunil Narine pack your bags and come home boy! You would do the world a favour, as they would not have to put up with looking on, as the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) continues to show its ugly head.

Also, before you come home and don your maroon cap where you will be welcomed against the Australians who tour here soon, please tell the Indian players what you do with the ball, so that they can face bowlers like your type and also some of the poor quality Indian spinners can learn a trick or two. Tell Shah Rukh Khan thanks for all the faith and support and make sure to let him know that his relations with the BCCI was one of the reasons you were targeted. And before I forget send one of your playing shirts to N Srinivasan so at least he can have something that belonged to a great player.

If Narine refuses to come home then the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) needs to step in to save the career of one of their best bowlers currently on the scene.

If Dave Cameron and his boys don’t act then the BCCI will surely end his career. The mystery man has outfoxed nearly everyone in India and how does the BCCI react — play on his mind, tell him that as an off-spinner he cannot bowl the off-break.

This is very puzzling indeed because he is allowed to bowl the arm ball and the doosra which are difficult balls to bowl. His stock ball which is the one he bowls the easiest with the least effort, is now being taken out of his repertoire. So, effectively, what happens is that the Indian batsmen in the IPL can now focus on learning how to play his arm ball and doosra.

If he is chosen by the Kolkata Knight Riders to play in any of the matches, the batsmen can go after him with the full knowledge none of his deliveries will be turning in. God help him, if one of his offerings hits a crack and turns in. The umpires would then no-ball him and he would be banned from cricket matches under the auspices of the BCCI.

The very first time Narine was called by the BCCI for an illegal action was at the Champions League last year. I mentioned at the time that this was very odd, as the West Indies had an impending tour of India on the cards and probably the Indians would be afraid of facing him and going to Australia for the World Cup under a defeat from the lowly West Indies. Some people thought that I had finally lost it, but I responded by saying that the ODI series at least would be very competitive.

Narine with the problems of being called twice during the Champions League on his mind, decided to stay away from the ill-fated tour of India. The West Indies were more than competitive in the shortened series. They actually won the opening game at Kochi without Narine and a major collapse at the end of their run chase in the second game at Delhi gave India a narrow in.

With the third game at Visakhapatnam abandoned due to cyclone Hudhud, the series was then cut to four matches. West Indies lost the third and what would be the final game easily in the mountains of Dharamsala and decided against playing the last game in Calcutta over a payment structure dispute with the WICB and the West Indies Players Association (WIPA). They lost the series 1-2 but with Narine on board they could have won that series, so there was justification for the Indians to keep him out.

Now there are a number of spinners in India with questionable actions and what the BCCI needs to tell the world, is why they are not under the radar. Harbhajan Singh and Ravichandran Ashwin both have questionable actions in my opinions but they are allowed to ply their trade without fear.

I am not for once saying that “chucking” is good for the game or should be tolerated. What I am questioning is why Sunil Narine is being targeted when there are problems with so many other people.

The WICB needs to get all his test results and take it to the ICC and have consultation with them. They must ask the question why is the BCCI allowed to do as they please. Why was Narine’s Loughborough’s test ignored?

We in the Caribbean and world cricket need to stop this raging monster called the BCCI. It has become a case of who pays the piper calls the tune. Everyone knows that the BCCI has been wielding a heavy arm when it comes to many of the issues in world cricket but they are also of the knowledge that they contribute around 80 per cent of the revenue that comes to the ICC.

These people will destroy many along the way, but Indians like to believe in Karma and they should understand that “God don’t sleep” and when you do wrong, sit and wait, Karma is coming to get you.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Narine banned from international cricket
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2015, 10:52:54 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2015-11-30/icc-bans-narine

DUBAI—The career of beleaguered West Indies off-spinner Sunil Narine lay in tatters yesterday after the International Cricket Council banned him from bowling in international cricket because of an illegal action.

The 27-year-old was reported following the third One-Day International against Sri Lanka earlier this month and after undergoing testing at the Loughborough University on November 17, his action was found to exceed the 15 degrees level of tolerance on “all variations of his deliveries”.

Narine will be allowed to play in West Indies Cricket Board tournaments but will be forced to curtail all other international commitments.

He is currently campaigning in the Bangladesh Premier League and will now have to abort his campaign for Comilla Victorians. He is expected to leave Dhaka on Sunday night.

“The International Cricket Council today confirmed that an independent assessment has found the bowling action of West Indies Sunil Narine to be illegal and, as such, the off-spinner has been suspended from bowling in international cricket with immediate effect,” the ICC said in a release.

“In accordance with Article 6.1 of the regulations, Narine’s international suspension will also be recognised and enforced by all National Cricket Federations within domestic cricket events played in their own jurisdiction, save that, with the consent of the West Indies Cricket Board, Narine may be able to play in domestic cricket events played under the auspices of the West Indies Cricket Board.

“The assessment revealed that all variations of his deliveries exceeded the 15 degrees level of tolerance permitted under the regulations.”

Under ICC regulations, Narine can ask for a re-assessment once he has modified his action.

The development is a massive blow not only for Narine but for West Indies, especially with the Twenty20 World Cup set to be played in India starting next March.

He had opted out of the 50-over ICC World Cup in Australia and New Zealand earlier this year, choosing rather to continue rehabilitation on his action, after running into problems with his action last year.

Playing for Kolkata Knight Riders, Narine was first reported in October, 2014 during the Champions League Twenty20 and while he was allowed to continue playing, was reported again in the next game – the semi-final – and banned from bowling in the final.

Though he was cleared in March this year after undergoing tests at the ICC-approved Loughborough University, the Indian Cricket Board forced the Trinidadian to undergo additional tests at Sri Ramachandra University in Chennai, before he was allowed to play in the Indian Premier League.

However, Narine was reported yet again for a suspect action during the IPL and subsequently banned from bowling off-breaks after an assessment of footage by the BCCI’s suspect bowling action committee, and following more testing at Sri Ramachandra University.

In May, he was cleared by the committee to continue bowling but handed a final warning.

Narine is currently the leading bowler in both limited overs formats of the game.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Narine banned from international cricket
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2015, 12:11:46 PM »
They pelt him down from his high perch, almost seems premeditated .And if Sunil  was smart he should announce his retirement from international cricket .He was a very bright star and if the ICC don't need him in there stable , he should show some pride and self respect and bow out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Narine banned from international cricket
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2015, 12:49:49 PM »
Forumites! Speak honestly! Put down your Trinbago bias for once. Is Narine that bad with his arm movement. I have seen him on video.. And I can't say definitively that his arm actions are suspect.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Sunil Narine thread
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2016, 08:34:09 PM »
http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,222921.html

Narine barred from TT players’ enclosure

By RENALDO MATADEEN Thursday, January 21 2016

Despite being allowed to mingle with his national teammates throughout the group stage of the NAGICO Super 50 tournament, embattled off-spinner Sunil Narine, was yesterday barred from the Brian Lara Pavilion at the Queen’s Park Oval during their semi-final match against the Guyana Jaguars.

A day after news broke of a possible local club cricket ban for the Arimian, Narine was yesterday stopped by security during the Red Force innings as he approached the enclosure.

“I was going to talk to the players and the security stopped me and said match officials and support staff said I couldn’t come,” he said.

Narine, flabbergasted, continued to enquire about what was happening but was later advised by another national player to forget about it and not make an unsavoury scenario. But national team manager Roland Sampath, speaking to Newsday after the incident, made it clear that security were only following strict instructions stipulated by match referee Carlyle Felix.

“There is nothing about ban, no unauthorised person supposed to go there. He is not a member of the team, he is not a member of the squad, nobody else supposed to go there,” Sampath explained.

Asked why in the group stage Narine was permitted to be in the players pavilion, Sampath said: “That (rule was) always enforced but if yuh pass in the back there, yuh see that man there (pointing to a security personnel), he supposed to be by the back gate so nobody can come in. If they have to come there, they have to come through permission from the manager or security personnel, not the police. You have the anti-corruption people there, no player supposed to have cellphones and so on because you have rules and regulations,” he added.

Sampath revealed though that West Indies pacer Shannon Gabriel passed through the back entrance yesterday and was mingling with Red Force players in the enclosure but no one told him anything.

“Them fellas say ‘but how he come there’ , I say, ‘I not to ketch, let the anti-corruption people ketch’, because he’s unauthorised,” he concluded.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:07:05 PM by vb »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
NLC wants enquiry into Narine attacks
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2016, 12:15:04 PM »

The National League Committee (NLC) has written to the secretary of the T&T Cricket Board (TTCB), Arjoon Ramlal calling on him to convene a meeting to set up a committee to investigate what they see as attacks on West Indies off-spinner Sunil Narine by the local board.

In a letter sent by former West Indies Players Association (WIPA) president Dinanath Ramnarine yesterday, the group which includes Daren Ganga, Giles Antoine, Anil Kamal, Clint Pamphille and Andre Lawrence  has called for a meeting on Friday March 4.

The group claimed that they received a request from Narine requesting  intervention in a matter involving him, with specific reference to the president,  Azim Bassarath, and an email with Bassarath’s address which mocked Narine at a time when he needed the total support of all the TTCB’s members and stakeholders.

Following a meeting yesterday, the members are of the view that they have a  serious responsibility to ensure that the issue is fully investigated with objectivity and transparency. “Additionally, we do not wish our pursuit of the truth to be tainted by any appearance or allegations of impropriety, witch-hunting or personal vendettas. This is an extremely sensitive matter and we do not wish to impose any further emotional burden on Mr. Narine. He is going through a difficult and traumatic period in his life and career and we all need to deal with this issue with the utmost discretion and fairness.”

The members claim that they are not seeking to change the past but to ensure the right precedent is set. “Mr. Narine as well as any other player, should not be subject to what seems on the surface to be a personal attack by the President of the TTCB and other members of the TTCB Executives.”

Narine also claimed he was denied entry to the Players’ Enclosure during the Nagico Tournament after having been allowed on two previous occasions to enter.

And attempts were made to change the rules regarding his eligibility to bowl in national tournaments organized by the TTCB. “The NLR views these matters seriously as they have the potential to bring the TTCB into disrepute, an organization which is sacrosanct in its own right having been constituted by an Act of Parliament Act No. 34 of 1989.

As elected members of the TTCB we strive to uphold the principles of good governance and measure success based on the benchmark of what is considered best practice in sport administration. In this particular matter, we must fulfill our fiduciary duty and recommend a course of action which is fair, credible, transparent and equitable to both parties. This is in keeping with request conveyed to us by Mr Narine for an independent investigation into this matter.

“In light of the above, we are seeking an opportunity to discuss a suitable list of persons or panel acceptable to all who will conduct, with our support (for both the NLR and the TTCB) an investigation of the matters raised and make pronouncements on same for the greater good of the TTCB and the sport of cricket in general. We also hope that the outcomes of said investigations will allow for any breach/es to be dealt with in accordance with the constitution of the TTCB and the laws of Trinidad and Tobago.”

1]; } ?>