March 28, 2024, 02:34:00 PM

Author Topic: Rundell Winchester Thread  (Read 38373 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rundell Winchester Thread
« on: November 13, 2013, 07:38:24 AM »
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 06:44:36 PM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rondell Winchester
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 08:49:54 AM »
Winchester hat trick vs Point (from 34 secs...but check the Connection goal around 30 secs!)

http://www.tv6tnt.com/sevenpm-news/---PRO-LEAGUE-MATCHDAY-FOUR-2506----229021861.html

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 08:54:31 AM »
First Citizens Cup winning goal (around 6.52)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZOpo3m_uQA

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 06:31:59 PM »
Winchester hat trick vs Point (from 34 secs...but check the Connection goal around 30 secs!)

http://www.tv6tnt.com/sevenpm-news/---PRO-LEAGUE-MATCHDAY-FOUR-2506----229021861.html

I remember watching that on news too. My actual favourite clip was the goal line clearance at the end. Must be the defender in me.  ;D

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 07:12:09 PM »

nice goal... any video with him showcasing his dribbling ability?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 07:20:50 PM »

I remember watching that on news too. My actual favourite clip was the goal line clearance at the end. Must be the defender in me.  ;D

Nah, that was the highlight of the game!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 07:21:09 PM »

nice goal... any video with him showcasing his dribbling ability?

Working on it now!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 06:48:10 AM »
Wait nah, he change he name to Rondell now?

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 12:53:57 PM »
INVITATION: The Central FC online fanzine; The Shark, would like to invite anyone to send in a Letter to the Editor for the November edition by Friday 22nd November. Feel free to express your opinion about the Sharks' season, your favourite player or favourite match. Simply email the letter to marketing.centralfc@gmail.com

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 01:10:03 PM »
Rundell Winchester is my favorite player.

Fenwick I like, but some inconsistency in his coaching so far. From beat a team twice to getting 5 from that same team (Army) don't say much.

Chucky, die down? not hearing anything on him lately. Thought he woulda have more international caps by now.

Harrison is a boss. He really loves T&T and his job.

What to see Dwight Quintero, Darryl Trim, Kevin Goddard, Nicholas Dillon, Johan Peltier, Dwight Pope and Omar Charles step it up and help Central win the title. I want to see them in the CCL next year. I fed up with Caledonia embarrassing us.

For a team that is new and a small budget, Central is doing very well.

I would love them to get a good home field that is in de community.

I also want to see them get more players from their community. They only buying Tobago players then they should go and base there. You must respect de community for fans to come out. And I have nothing against Tobago because Winchester is my favorite player from Central, just making a point.

Oliver should be assistant coach.

I hate de name Sharks.

Central need to build a online store, I want to buy a shirt and ah not coming T&T in a hurry.

Central need to make de best team from Central SSFL their partner and bring their player in to train with them, sort of like a academy.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 01:36:45 PM »

Fenwick I like, but some inconsistency in his coaching so far. From beat a team twice to getting 5 from that same team (Army) don't say much.

Chucky, die down? not hearing anything on him lately. Thought he woulda have more international caps by now.

What to see Dwight Quintero, Darryl Trim, Kevin Goddard, Nicholas Dillon, Johan Peltier, Dwight Pope and Omar Charles step it up and help Central win the title. I want to see them in the CCL next year. I fed up with Caledonia embarrassing us.

I also want to see them get more players from their community. They only buying Tobago players then they should go and base there. You must respect de community for fans to come out. And I have nothing against Tobago because Winchester is my favorite player from Central, just making a point.

I hate de name Sharks.

Central need to build a online store, I want to buy a shirt and ah not coming T&T in a hurry.

Central need to make de best team from Central SSFL their partner and bring their player in to train with them, sort of like a academy.

You made some excellent points there Sam. Many things that you outlined are in motion (online store, community home field and players from the community). And when I say in motion, I don't mean will be done in 5-10 years. By the end of this season, you should see concrete steps and some already in operation

Offline jason23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 01:47:21 PM »

I hate de name Sharks.

You made some excellent points there Sam. Many things that you outlined are in motion (online store, community home field and players from the community). And when I say in motion, I don't mean will be done in 5-10 years. By the end of this season, you should see concrete steps and some already in operation

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 03:23:34 PM »
He has a ways to go.. Missed atleast 2 sitters vs JA. I don't really care for him too much. Plaza should be in his position.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 03:27:06 PM »
Hah you've nailed your colours to the mast quite clearly :P But given Winchester's age and our considerations for 2018 surely you'd agree taht Winchester should be in the team?

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 03:40:11 PM »
I honestly don't know much about him. I don't want to discount the player from just one game.

Way the game works is the younger you are the more there is to learn, the more fearless you are and thus you take more risks simply because there is so much to learn when you are young. It's easy for me to say he missed sitters from sitting in my home as a fan but we are spoiled by latas, yorke and expect the highest quality straight out of the bag. I am not a fan who isn't willing to wait for someone to be molded into a great player but someone who shows that they can score etc. also to hand him the number 13 shirt.. um um um... he is no glen. glen would have scored 5 :)

A young players debut says a lot about him and its very important to score in that moment, your whole team wants you to score, it's like a welcoming, and our team did just that, only thing is.. he didn't score. Natural goal scorers score goals and instantly impact on you as a fan even if they don't. Winchester just didn't do it for me.

The introduction of a new young player is also very important. Idealy you don't want to start a young player but bring him in when the game is secured so that there is no pressure on the player to score or w/e that way you can see exactly what kind of player he is. I am not suggesting to expel the development or introduction of new young players, however it is very important HOW they are introduced into the team.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 03:59:50 PM by sHOTTA12 »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 04:31:34 PM »
He has a ways to go.. Missed atleast 2 sitters vs JA. I don't really care for him too much. Plaza should be in his position.

Plaza is not match fit and won't be until January. I am sure that Hart will select Plaza once he's back playing. In the meantime, he's blooding Winchester. More important than scoring at this point is how he deals with pressure. Does his head go down when he misses a sitter? Does he chase back?

In my view he seemed to pass those tests. He's 19 and will learn the game over next couple of years as an understudy. By 2016 he will have 10 caps and no nerves and could be a 22 year old seasoned goalscorer.

He made his debut and played 5 mins or so. Now he's come through 90 minutes. I think Hart is doing everything right regarding an emerging talent.  :beermug:

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 04:46:10 PM »
Thanks for all the information! Been out of the loop hoping things would get better and it did :). For a while there we've been stagnant. I am not saying the kid is bad, didn't see the game, my assessment came from the highlights and I know it's not much to give a ruling on someone performance accurately but that ball did slide across his forehead :)

I do wish him the best and hope he takes the opportunity to do well and learn from his mistakes, first impressions means a lot.. I have to say that Mr.Hart threw him in the fire though rather than ease him into it, so i will give the kid some slack :P There is a lot of people who consider the new kid as one for the future, I guess my old fashion ways of getting results now and deal with the future when it arrives is.. selfish to say the least, but I've learnt that anything can happen in football, it's a gamble either way.

But I am sticking to my gunz once plaza is fit :) plaza>Winchester :D

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 05:41:10 PM »
If you judge a player by their début then you're really missing the picture - Ian Wright was playing non-league football until his early 20s. Really need to give him more time than that.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 08:24:57 PM »
not to mention...its a youtube clip of highlights ...
so no idea of the man overall game etc...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 09:42:15 PM »
Cool it  folks , cool it on the  youth man  winchester,  encouragement is the key to the young man ....wasn't it recently  praises were heaped  on him  and  now it appears  some are ready  slice him to pieces  for a missed opportunity in a game outside trinidad calm  down folks:)  it being his  first international in jamaica at that is a baptism of fire , which i do believe a young promising player like him needs to further develope his craft......   he can only benefit  with such exposure , along with the other young players as himself ....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 10:06:37 PM »
Cool it  folks , cool it on the  youth man  winchester,  encouragement is the key to the young man ....wasn't it recently  praises were heaped  on him  and  now it appears  some are ready  slice him to pieces  for a missed opportunity in a game outside trinidad calm  down folks:)  it being his  first international in jamaica at that is a baptism of fire , which i do believe a young promising player like him needs to further develope his craft......   he can only benefit  with such exposure , along with the other young players as himself ....

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 01:16:18 AM »
I think this is what happens when people are hyping players before they have proven themselves,we had players younger than Winchester and Quintero that played for our national senior team but were given the chance to mature eg Latapy,Marcelle,Corneal just to name a few,these guys just score some goals in the Pro League and people going nuts putting themselves on a high with all kind of expectations,when they don't live up to these expectations alyu want to bury them.

From reports on here the standard of Football in the Pro League and clubs are rated as poor but certain players are rated top class,i don't understand the logics behind this,to me players are what lifts the standard of your League/clubs.

What i'm trying to say is encourage but don't put players in a position where they are not what you think they are,sometimes is better we keep certain things to ourselves and let players develop.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2013, 11:36:03 AM »
Give de youth a chance, he might suprise yuh, Hart knows how to get de best out of players.

Quintero is another one to watch out for.

We need options for the future and Tobago players are more humble and easy to work with.

Winchester will score today, wait and see.

We have some good Tobago men on de team, George, Cyrus, Ceasar and Winchester.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2013, 12:04:05 PM »
I think this is what happens when people are hyping players before they have proven themselves,we had players younger than Winchester and Quintero that played for our national senior team but were given the chance to mature eg Latapy,Marcelle,Corneal just to name a few,these guys just score some goals in the Pro League and people going nuts putting themselves on a high with all kind of expectations,when they don't live up to these expectations alyu want to bury them.

From reports on here the standard of Football in the Pro League and clubs are rated as poor but certain players are rated top class,i don't understand the logics behind this,to me players are what lifts the standard of your League/clubs.

What i'm trying to say is encourage but don't put players in a position where they are not what you think they are,sometimes is better we keep certain things to ourselves and let players develop.

No one is hyping up any player .... Coops " i don't understand the logics behind this" also  you call the pro league standard poor  however when a player like john  bostock or any foreign born  name comes up  you say leave them right there what we have better  ???
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2013, 01:36:07 PM »

No one is hyping up any player .... Coops " i don't understand the logics behind this" also  you call the pro league standard poor  however when a player like john  bostock or any foreign born  name comes up  you say leave them right there what we have better  ???
     I never said the pro league standard was poor,i never saw a Pro league game,i said from reports on here because our clubs can't match up with teams in CONCACAF etc what we have is better because of the amount of foreign players we have.Why are we so critical of our players when they make mistakes,look at Kenwyne Jones who playing in the EPL so long, people still find he needs to works on improving his skills,he played in the same Youth WC with Messi and these guys.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:48:44 PM by Coop's »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2013, 02:53:52 PM »
The standard isn't poor from limited personal experience - I'd say it's somewhere between Championship and League One, the problem might be training but I can't say. Really the local lads ARE good, I'd say that the majority of players I saw (W Connection, Defence Force, NE Stars and Police) were good enough to make a side in League One in the UK (maybe except Police...).

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2013, 03:16:44 PM »
Give de youth a chance, he might suprise yuh, Hart knows how to get de best out of players.

Quintero is another one to watch out for.

We need options for the future and Tobago players are more humble and easy to work with.

Winchester will score today, wait and see.

We have some good Tobago men on de team, George, Cyrus, Ceasar and Winchester.

Sam you think he should start or come in as a sub (after "if" we ahead or score)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2013, 10:05:00 PM »
The standard isn't poor from limited personal experience - I'd say it's somewhere between Championship and League One, the problem might be training but I can't say. Really the local lads ARE good, I'd say that the majority of players I saw (W Connection, Defence Force, NE Stars and Police) were good enough to make a side in League One in the UK (maybe except Police...).

I agree. We purposely invited a League One team over to test our standard. I would say that the majority of Pro League players would make the team in League One or Two. Some, maybe 10, may make Championship. However, you have to realise that once players play with good players, their game improves.
Look how Birchall struggled to get a game with Port Vale, then he's a star at L.A. Galaxy. Same player, but with decent support.
The hundreds of thousands of fans who watch League One and League Two football every week would appreciate the same players that 200 people criticise each week in the ProLeague.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2013, 12:43:13 PM »

I agree. We purposely invited a League One team over to test our standard. I would say that the majority of Pro League players would make the team in League One or Two. Some, maybe 10, may make Championship. However, you have to realise that once players play with good players, their game improves.
Look how Birchall struggled to get a game with Port Vale, then he's a star at L.A. Galaxy. Same player, but with decent support.
The hundreds of thousands of fans who watch League One and League Two football every week would appreciate the same players that 200 people criticise each week in the ProLeague.

If that's the case, and I'm not criticizing but genuinely questioning, why is it that our players seem to have such a hard time getting picked up when they go overseas on trial?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

1]; } ?>