March 28, 2024, 10:31:10 AM

Author Topic: Rundell Winchester Thread  (Read 38369 times)

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rondell Winchester
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2013, 01:29:08 PM »
The standard isn't poor from limited personal experience - I'd say it's somewhere between Championship and League One, the problem might be training but I can't say. Really the local lads ARE good, I'd say that the majority of players I saw (W Connection, Defence Force, NE Stars and Police) were good enough to make a side in League One in the UK (maybe except Police...).

I agree. We purposely invited a League One team over to test our standard. I would say that the majority of Pro League players would make the team in League One or Two. Some, maybe 10, may make Championship. However, you have to realise that once players play with good players, their game improves.
Look how Birchall struggled to get a game with Port Vale, then he's a star at L.A. Galaxy. Same player, but with decent support.
The hundreds of thousands of fans who watch League One and League Two football every week would appreciate the same players that 200 people criticise each week in the ProLeague.

If that's the case, and I'm not criticizing but genuinely questioning, why is it that our players seem to have such a hard time getting picked up when they go overseas on trial?

Winchester is definitely one for the future, kid has great pace and appears to have an eye for the goal...if anything I thought he could have gone at the defenders a bit more last night, but that will come once he gets some more confidence from being on the squad. I think the thing to remember is that when guys go on trial, they maybe as good as players at the club, however, the decision to sign requires them to be significantly better than what the clubs already has especially with all of the complexities of securing a work permit etc...that's potentially where our guys are maybe falling a bit short...

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2013, 07:47:47 AM »
If that's the case, and I'm not criticizing but genuinely questioning, why is it that our players seem to have such a hard time getting picked up when they go overseas on trial?

I think that once you get past the work permit situation, the main reason is lack of preparation. Players need to be aware of local language, time differences, climate, food, customs etc. To come through a trial ahead of other trialists, guys need to be confident, rested and focused. 

You cannot just stick a teenager on a plane and wish him luck.

Plus, many kids in UK will have several trials with different clubs. Often, it's not the player, but the coach. Some of these coaches are useless and soon disappear from the game...but they are making decisions. Look how it took players like Ian Wright and Ian Cox until they were 23 to play professionally. The coaches that couldn't see those players potential are probably not in the game anymore.

So there is also luck involved. Maybe you're a great defender, but the coach only has a budget for one player and he needs a striker.

Clubs would often welcome youngsters on trial. But it costs over TT$12,000 to send a boy on trial to one club including travel, accommodation and stipend. If a player has that money, I can get him a trial tomorrow, but I would only do it if he has real potential. If you continue sending average players, clubs will stop accepting your players.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2013, 09:13:47 AM »
As FS says - the agent also matters - a good agent can overcome a relatively bad trial by getting them another one, or just having the contacts to get them onto another trial. The context also matters - there aren't many scouts working in T&T, so there's a lot less exposure and when players go abroad for trials they're starting from complete blanks (lost count of how many times people have no idea where Trinidad is, or assume it's in Africa)

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013, 11:11:20 AM »
FS...don't know if you were serious with the 'trial tomorrow' talk, pm me.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rundell Winchester
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2013, 01:37:52 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EfvPP4IuKLw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EfvPP4IuKLw</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2013, 01:56:09 PM »
FS in the past a lot of our players used to get scouted at the major Tournaments or scouts used to come to T&T,don't that happen any more? this was how Lincoln,Gally,Archie etc etc were scouted,i think trials are real difficult.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2013, 02:58:59 PM »
Somebody have to help Winny work a lil harder on his Vocab, especially if things workout for him, yuh know. Interviews an ting,yk

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2013, 04:04:53 PM »
Somebody have to help Winny work a lil harder on his Vocab, especially if things workout for him, yuh know. Interviews an ting,yk

He did fine. No need to sound like an American or English.. the kid is trini..  Good interview! Good kid.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2013, 04:18:29 PM »

He did fine. No need to sound like an American or English.. the kid is trini..  Good interview! Good kid.
but if he makes it's hotta, the audience won't be Trini, otherwise he make it already..anyhow the ppl who  needs to market him, will know what is required... Doh mind me

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2013, 04:48:33 PM »
 Yea, also it's a good thing to keep the interviews simple with either, yes or no reply. Mr.Fuentes interviews are sometimes confusing to even myself and the players just say whatever. He didn't ask the kid about the penaty he won and we knew that's what he wanted to talk about, so the questions were well "fuentesified" and "fuentesivised".. However, grateful we have a media guy doing this stuff.. better than nothing, although if it was my job better and nothing wouldn't be adequate.. but not everyone thrives to be improving all the time even though in today's society it's important in order to keep your job and raise the standards a bit.

Never liked Fuentes.. he takes his sweet time to post highlights(usually a day), then the editing is poor with gangster music and no extended highlights.. I mean serious a lot of us didn't even see the game at all because we have no means to do so, no payperview, cnc sucks and if u listen to the radio cast.. is Cornmeal u getting. FML. google it. Please don't get me started on Mr.Fuentesville.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 04:51:52 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2013, 02:40:13 PM »
Keep up with Winchester in 3rd edition of Central FC's online fanzine ---> http://issuu.com/central.fc/docs/the_shark-_volume_3

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2013, 06:32:41 AM »
Rundell Winchester is my favorite player.

Fenwick I like, but some inconsistency in his coaching so far. From beat a team twice to getting 5 from that same team (Army) don't say much.

Chucky, die down? not hearing anything on him lately. Thought he woulda have more international caps by now.

Harrison is a boss. He really loves T&T and his job.

What to see Dwight Quintero, Darryl Trim, Kevin Goddard, Nicholas Dillon, Johan Peltier, Dwight Pope and Omar Charles step it up and help Central win the title. I want to see them in the CCL next year. I fed up with Caledonia embarrassing us.

For a team that is new and a small budget, Central is doing very well.

I would love them to get a good home field that is in de community.

I also want to see them get more players from their community. They only buying Tobago players then they should go and base there. You must respect de community for fans to come out. And I have nothing against Tobago because Winchester is my favorite player from Central, just making a point.

Oliver should be assistant coach.

I hate de name Sharks.

Central need to build a online store, I want to buy a shirt and ah not coming T&T in a hurry.

Central need to make de best team from Central SSFL their partner and bring their player in to train with them, sort of like a academy.

I didn't see my answers there?

Like yuh blowing some up meh ass or wha.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2013, 07:51:53 AM »

but if he makes it's hotta, the audience won't be Trini, otherwise he make it already..anyhow the ppl who  needs to market him, will know what is required... Doh mind me
Although I agree with what you saying in spirit, I prefer they communicate clearly than correctly. Plenty interviews I find man talking like proper robots too busy trying to sound right instead of answering the question like a person.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2013, 08:34:02 AM »

I didn't see my answers there?

Like yuh blowing some up meh ass or wha.

Na na LOL. We received a couple of letters and statements but could only use two for this issue.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Rundell Winchester - Player Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2014, 02:43:36 PM »
Rundell Winchester - Player Profile.....the first of many profiles produced by Central FC Media https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyAuEDhJ3zk&feature=youtu.be

*Note: Full footage of Lucozade Sport Goal Shield Finals 2014 goal at 58 secs.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rundell Winchester - Player Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2014, 11:50:42 PM »
I heard he was fast but didn't know he was SUPER-FAST!!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Rundell Winchester - Player Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2014, 02:01:53 AM »
Nice video complication with Winchester, but de music is really f00cking annoying. He killing meh nerves, ah feel like ah in Hannibal house.

Central following the pro league with that stupid back ground music..

On de player's part, ah like he movement, hope he conmtinue to grow and not get big headed.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 02:03:43 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2015, 11:55:02 AM »
Rundell Winchester is currently on trial with United Soccer League team, Portland Timbers 2.
http://www.stumptownfooty.com/2015/2/20/8079027/portland-timbers-training-notes-the-pressure-is-on

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2015, 12:07:36 PM »
Oke doke. Good stuff.
Good luck Rundell. We know yuh hungry.
Grab the opportunities and run wit dem. Just be careful and stay far from dem heroin & meth addicts in Portland. Oregon though.
Things looking good for you this year as we build for Gold Cup.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:09:54 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2015, 05:24:17 PM »
Although officially on trial with Portland Timbers 2, Winchester trained with the first team (MLS) today.
http://www.stumptownfooty.com/2015/2/23/8093393/portland-timbers-training-notes-and-quotes-running-and-regenerating

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2015, 08:17:22 AM »
Rundell Winchester shaking hands with officials and opponents at the end of the match between Portland Timbers and Chicago Fire. Winchester is on trial with the Timbers.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KgrTdozyHQY?start=212" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KgrTdozyHQY?start=212</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2015, 01:14:04 PM »
what's the latest ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2015, 04:30:50 PM »
what's the latest ?

Portland have requested that he stay with them until end of MLS season. However, he must return home to renew his visa so he will be available to Stephen Hart should he be interested.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2015, 06:52:58 PM »
what's the latest ?

Portland have requested that he stay with them until end of MLS season. However, he must return home to renew his visa so he will be available to Stephen Hart should he be interested.

Encouraging

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2015, 09:29:42 AM »
Keep it up Rundell. You're doing well.
You don't have to be told as you know to ...
Look hungry, be aggressive, speak up, charm them
Be on time, be neat, no saggin', be respectful, but deadly on de field.
Have them craving for more like you to light up de leagues.
Stay fit and injury free for when BraveHart comes calling.
Doh mess up like yuh padnah KD from Tobago who effed up with his visa status.
Stay far from anybody dabbling in criminal behaviour and drugs, wine women & song.
Daiz what dey expect of you and you will be tested. Please surpass their expectations.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 11:51:50 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2015, 12:11:58 PM »
what's the latest ?

What does that mean? Contract? Loan? Freeco?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2015, 05:54:50 AM »
Stay with them till the end of the season? Hasnt the MLS season just started? What does that mean?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Winchester scores for Portland T2
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2015, 03:44:48 PM »
PORTLAND, Ore. –

Continuing preparations for their inaugural 2015 USL season opener, T2 closed out their preseason schedule with a 4-1 win over the University of Portland on Sunday night at Merlo Field.

Kharlton Belmar opened the scoring for T2 in the 17th minute, placing a header into the back of the net after receiving a pinpoint cross from Rundell Winchester from the left flank. Forward Fatawu Safiu tallied the second goal for T2 in the 34th minute with a low driven shot from 35 yards that beat UP goalkeeper Adam Prevost at the near post. Former Pilots standout Steven Evans chested home a goal from a Belmar cross in the 39th minute. The fourth, and final, goal came in the 73rd minute as Winchester scored from close range.

With the team’s preseason slate concluded, T2 set their sights on playing host to fellow USL expansion side Real Monarchs SLC in the team’s inaugural home opener of the 2015 USL season at Merlo Field on Sunday, March 29, at 6 p.m. (Pacific).

http://www.timbers.com/t2/timbers-2-defeat-university-portland-4-1-final-preseason-match
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 03:47:04 PM by Football supporter »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rundell Winchester Thread
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2015, 07:56:25 AM »
Interesting. Only 6 players on the T2 roster. None of whom are named Winchester.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Rundell Winchester Thread
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2015, 03:30:59 PM »
There are now eleven players in the T&T team that will be aiming for their first senior appearance after national under 20 player Akeem Garcia got a late call as Rundell Winchester will not be flying in to join the team having been asked by the Portland Timbers to remain there on the weekend as he seeks to obtain a contract - TTFA.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>