April 28, 2024, 04:39:16 PM

Author Topic: MLS partners with CFU to host first-ever Caribbean Player Combine  (Read 22343 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA blamed for T&T players being left out MLS's Caribbean Combine
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2013, 12:15:23 PM »
Football Supporter, how can you misquote me in a message that is barely one paragraph long?
Let me try again and I will use bold where appropriate to help you:
"... Stephen Hart and Anton Corneal to select the two best under-23 players and then contact the respective clubs..."
That is the same process that is used for every national game.
Why do you think it better for every Pro League and Super League club to submit two players? I apologise for questioning your partiality but I am struggling to comprehend your logic.

That is acceptable for FIFA dates when clubs have to release players and even friendlies when players won't get too upset if they can't go. This is different because if a player learns that he was selected and denied by his club, there will be resentment. I'd be happy for Hart to select from names provided by clubs.

FS, please show me where I stated that Hart should publish the names before contacting the club first? Are you intentionally trying to muddle this issue and confuse the discussion?
I repeat Hart (who has seen all the Pro League and Super League teams and worked with several players who fit the MLS criteria) can decide the best u-23 players and then the ttfa can contact the respective clubs for them to be released.
I did not suggest that Hart should try to smuggle the players to the Combine. And I did not suggest that Hart should tell the public the players he selected before the club.
I think my point is very simple and I struggle to understand why you seem to be implying that you do not understand.

Lets agree to disagree, because I cannot fathom why you don't understand my points either!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2013, 12:24:14 PM »
This combine is a waste of time. Dey do we players a favour.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2013, 01:37:14 PM »
The TTFA should be pushing to get as much shine as possible. However they have this "itdohreallybotherme" kinda attitude. In response to the Fundraiser "well is dem fault we does deal with football and nit making jersey. talk to dem." Now in response to the this" well we tell dem so they shoulda organize and handle they own scene."

You would think that the TTFA would make every effort to help as much players as possible.

The TTFF should have sent out and email stating that each PFL, SuperLeague, TFA, SSFL (boys over 18), NFA, EFA, SFA, etc are to submit the names of their best U23 player. The submission is to be made within 3 days of receiving this email. This is in an effort to continue to provide our players with opportunities which will further enhance and add to our country's players' development.

Thank You
Robin D. Hood
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2013, 02:26:42 PM »
I have received confirmation by email that TTFA sent an email to Dexter Skeene on 15th November (the same day as they received the notice) informing him of the combine. Obviously, I cannot confirm if Mr Skeene saw the email. Apparently, TTFA sent a similar email to Tony Harford.
It would appear that TTFA and Sheldon Phillips executed their responsibilities professionally in this matter.

See I was now coming to say the same thing... Sam blasting the TTFA without even hearing the full story.  But then I see Sancho state that he was surprised upon learning of the requests for names.  So what is the story, your source at Central received the email but Sancho didn't?  I think this is a microcosm of the lack of structure and organization in TnT football... the left hand literally does not know what the right hand is doing.

And btw... yet another example of Lasana showing his bias.  Here we have conflicting accounts of what went down, but Lasana has decided that it is the TTFA who has "bungled" the opportunity.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2013, 02:32:21 PM »
The email said FYI = for your information. Whatever the recipient chooses to do with that information is not the decision of the sender. Maybe the recipients decided to throw the information in the garbage? I receive many emails entitled FYI. Once I read them, I decide what action to take.

Again, it could be said that a follow up call should have been made by TTFA. It could be said that the recipients should have responded and asked for further information.

If, after all this is concluded, nothing more is gained other than better and clearer communication, then some good would have come from it. But playing the blame game at the moment won't assist relationships between TTFA and Pro League and SuperLeague.

I don't think this is time to point fingers or apportion blame. We already did that by mistakenly blaming the TTFA. All of us (me included) are sometimes too quick to point the finger before receiving all of the facts.
Meantime, the priority is to fix this mess and get our boys over to Antigua to do their stuff.
It could have been handled better by all three parties.

Well said!

Every misstep made by the TTFA, real or perceived, is seized upon and trumpeted... I understand that they don't get the benefit of the doubt, but this is getting beyond ridiculous now.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2013, 02:33:52 PM »
the MLS Combine is over-rated(in my opinion), especially for a league that hardly considers some of our best players. I know 5 players personally called to combine from here...not one of them get a club invite.. I wasn't there to say, wheter they deserved to or not..but I will tell yuh...ah rather not put my player through no organized feeding trough, especially ifthey already have commitments. I mostly agree with Deeks comments. If ppl want to lambase each other and our FF for this, I can't agree.. again, just my opinion from personal observation. Throw them a bone, and let them fight over it, we will consider the last one standing, maybe ! I wouldn't pay for my son to go.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2013, 02:34:08 PM »
If the CFU wanted TWO players, why does Football Supporter say that the TTFA fulfilled its duty by contacting the Pro League and Super League?
Correct me if I am wrong (and I know you all are not afraid to) but would it not have been simpler for Stephen Hart and Anton Corneal to select the two best under-23 players and then contact the respective clubs rather than ask for a list of possible players from the local clubs?
Please note that I still have seen no evidence that the TTFA properly asked ANYONE for the relevant data. I'm just asking what would have been the best course of action if you were the TTFA general secretary.

You and half the peanut gallery here would have been leading the clarion call bawling favoritism... you know that as well as I do.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2013, 02:37:54 PM »
If the CFU wanted TWO players, why does Football Supporter say that the TTFA fulfilled its duty by contacting the Pro League and Super League?
Correct me if I am wrong (and I know you all are not afraid to) but would it not have been simpler for Stephen Hart and Anton Corneal to select the two best under-23 players and then contact the respective clubs rather than ask for a list of possible players from the local clubs?
Please note that I still have seen no evidence that the TTFA properly asked ANYONE for the relevant data. I'm just asking what would have been the best course of action if you were the TTFA general secretary.

You and half the peanut gallery here would have been leading the clarion call bawling favoritism... you know that as well as I do.
agree, and then is more bachanal involving Hart & Corneal

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2013, 02:42:33 PM »
The TTFA should be pushing to get as much shine as possible. However they have this "itdohreallybotherme" kinda attitude. In response to the Fundraiser "well is dem fault we does deal with football and nit making jersey. talk to dem." Now in response to the this" well we tell dem so they shoulda organize and handle they own scene."

You would think that the TTFA would make every effort to help as much players as possible.

The TTFF should have sent out and email stating that each PFL, SuperLeague, TFA, SSFL (boys over 18), NFA, EFA, SFA, etc are to submit the names of their best U23 player. The submission is to be made within 3 days of receiving this email. This is in an effort to continue to provide our players with opportunities which will further enhance and add to our country's players' development.

Thank You
Robin D. Hood

If Udinese is holding trials exclusively for MLS players, and they send that communique to Sunil Gulati... you think he stopping his USSF business to go select players for trials/combine?  You think Klinsmann want any part to do with selecting players NOT for national team service?  I know, I know... we can't compare the US with TnT... things different in Trinidad.  The proper role for the TTFA in this situation is to serve as a conduit for information, Stephen Hart and Anton Corneal have no part to play in securing professional opportunities for players, except they seek to undertake those roles themselves.  If and I repeat IF the TTFA did pass along the information, then this is properly in the PFL, Super League and Clubs' courts.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2013, 02:48:43 PM »
You see conflicting information Bakes. I don't. The CFU gave the TTFA a directive not the Pro League clubs. The directive was not carried out and the TTFA is unable to show any clear message that compelled anyone else to do its work. There is no conflict in my mind whatsoever.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2013, 03:04:31 PM »
You see conflicting information Bakes. I don't. The CFU gave the TTFA a directive not the Pro League clubs. The directive was not carried out and the TTFA is unable to show any clear message that compelled anyone else to do its work. There is no conflict in my mind whatsoever.

CFU gave a directive?? Ha haiii

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2013, 03:04:50 PM »
the MLS Combine is over-rated(in my opinion), especially for a league that hardly considers some of our best players. I know 5 players personally called to combine from here...not one of them get a club invite.. I wasn't there to say, wheter they deserved to or not..but I will tell yuh...ah rather not put my player through no organized feeding trough, especially ifthey already have commitments. I mostly agree with Deeks comments. If ppl want to lambase each other and our FF for this, I can't agree.. again, just my opinion from personal observation. Throw them a bone, and let them fight over it, we will consider the last one standing, maybe ! I wouldn't pay for my son to go.

Thank you maxg....

waste of time

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2013, 03:05:01 PM »
This info about the combine has been out for the longest time, therefore if there were clubs interested in having players attend, wouldn't someone have made an enquiry regarding the details. In fact, there is an entire debate regarding pros and cons that was ongoing before the article today. The fact is, the timing of the combine and the potential loss of players (with no compensation) is probably an unfavorable scenario for most pro league clubs - thus I don't think they are that compelled to send players to this thing anyway. FS highlighted this in an earlier post, I could be wrong..there was a seminar recently extended to certain coaches here in Trini recently, upon reading about it, I called "everyman jack" to see who I could speak to in order to attend - although not invited. Eventually I got through...I would assume that the same approach would have been taken by any club here in Trini who felt that there would have been something to be gained by players attending this combine...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 04:02:48 PM by amwood »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2013, 03:05:35 PM »

"Directive"?  What did they 'direct' them to do?  It was an invite, "send your best players"... TTFA passed that along to the Pro League (and Super League) for dissemination to the clubs "FYI... send your best players."  Somehow that message never reached the clubs.  FS confirmed that the message was sent to the Pro League, but you still all over the TTFA ass.  See my hypothetical to Elan above... under any normal scenario this is between the clubs and agents to secure trials (which this roughly corresponds to).  The USSF, the English FA, Brazil's CBF, the Deutschen Fußball-Bund... you think any of them would be putting together a list of footballers to send anywhere BUT on national team duty?  Yes this(potentially) benefits local football, but this is a professional/business opportunity first... this responsibility lies with the clubs/players, not the TTFA.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2013, 03:07:08 PM »
FF, you can exchange "directive" with "invitation"...

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2013, 03:14:15 PM »
Not only do we get the Government we deserve; we also get the football body we deserve.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2013, 03:25:45 PM »
Much ado about nothing

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2013, 03:27:35 PM »
Not only do we get the Government we deserve; we also get the football body we deserve.

Hold the TTFA responsible for that which they're responsible for... I think everybody would agree with this.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2013, 03:33:37 PM »

Hold the TTFA responsible for that which they're responsible for... I think everybody would agree with this.
"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2013, 04:38:21 PM »
FPATT still exist?  It should be flourishing now.......no?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2013, 05:13:10 PM »
     It ever had one? all that was required was for players to pay a small membership fee and that run everybody.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 05:16:28 PM by Coop's »

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2013, 06:19:07 PM »
     It ever had one? all that was required was for players to pay a small membership fee and that run everybody.
salt since 2008 it looks like http://socawarriors.net/archive/FPATT.htm 

Maybe it needs to be relaunched with some different blood........all the back and forth between club and national team........players need to look out for players

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2013, 07:04:24 PM »
salt since 2008 it looks like http://socawarriors.net/archive/FPATT.htm 

Maybe it needs to be relaunched with some different blood........all the back and forth between club and national team........players need to look out for players
    The guys who i thought would have gotten that going was the 06 Warriors due to what they went through,Shaka spoke about it but nothing happened and i don't think it will happen since everything is settled and players are satisfied.

A lot of things going on with players could of been sorted out without all the problems they are having,contracts,transfers,trials,best options available,national team issues etc etc

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: MLS partners with CFU to host first-ever Caribbean Player Combine
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2013, 07:29:43 PM »
Drewonde Bascome    Bermuda    11/17/1992    M    5'7''    160

Likely related to de Rasta and Osagi.

Video of Osagi at Valencia.

EDIT: Links repaired.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 03:09:46 AM by asylumseeker »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2013, 09:52:51 PM »

"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

Is Caesar the Argentinian boy at Caledonia?  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2013, 08:13:15 AM »
De MLS full of big fat shit.

They holding a players combine for Caribbean players in Fort Lauderdale and half ah them f00ckers cah get VISAS especially de Cubans, Haitians and Jamaicans.

Why they didn't hold it in de Caribbean?

They want 100 players to pay they money to come for a combine when 5 of them coulda come T&T and see de same 100 players?... steups.

They talking Caribbean people for fool.

Ent Seattle PROMISE they was coming back to T&T when LP did bring them down a few years ago, you never hear from them again.

If de TTFA was de official contact then yes is them right to pass on de info to all, however, is not them responsibility to get de players there, yes, they could assist.

De message probably went in Dexter Skeene spam box, it Christmas, them men drinking scotch and coconut water and eating salt harm, them eh have time for this especially if is not they family. Does Skeene come to pro league games?

If Machel Mantano was performing in Russia I sure everybody in T&T woulda know.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 08:17:43 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2013, 09:01:49 AM »
Isn't the combine being held in Antigua?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2013, 10:06:03 AM »
De MLS full of big fat shit.

They holding a players combine for Caribbean players in Fort Lauderdale and half ah them f00ckers cah get VISAS especially de Cubans, Haitians and Jamaicans.

Why they didn't hold it in de Caribbean?

They want 100 players to pay they money to come for a combine when 5 of them coulda come T&T and see de same 100 players?... steups.

They talking Caribbean people for fool.

Ent Seattle PROMISE they was coming back to T&T when LP did bring them down a few years ago, you never hear from them again.

If de TTFA was de official contact then yes is them right to pass on de info to all, however, is not them responsibility to get de players there, yes, they could assist.

De message probably went in Dexter Skeene spam box, it Christmas, them men drinking scotch and coconut water and eating salt harm, them eh have time for this especially if is not they family. Does Skeene come to pro league games?

If Machel Mantano was performing in Russia I sure everybody in T&T woulda know.

The initial try outs are in Antigua and all expenses are paid for two players from each country. Then they will be whittled down and I believe again that expenses will be paid.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2013, 10:56:46 AM »
FS, just for argument sake..who is your 2 picks ?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2013, 12:15:50 PM »
FS, just for argument sake..who is your 2 picks ?

from Central?  Not sure because we don't know if these MLS clubs would pay transfer fees!

Also, we couldn't spare any of our first team squad because of league games in Jan. Remember they want national or U23 players. So, we probably wouldn't send anyone!

1]; } ?>