April 26, 2024, 04:11:44 PM

Author Topic: Happy Anniversary Soca Warriors Thread  (Read 6823 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2011, 08:52:32 AM »
Not to take away from any derived sentiment here, as it was really a happy day, but this is exactly what is plaguing our football....SENTIMENT and MEMORY.

As a nation...from Prime Minister to peasant....we live in the past and always harken back to past achievements or failures.

There's always a thread about when we win what game and qualify for the world cup, Flex even post up some long time videos recently.........

Its great to remember but lord......get over it

4 d rest of my life I will b celebrating Nov 16th and June 10th. D celebration will grow more and more as our football sink deeper into d dark hole.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2011, 09:19:16 AM »
well den u go be celebratin rite thru..... ;)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2011, 11:29:55 AM »

NO PROBLEM WIT DAT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Happy Aniversary Soca Warriors..TnT
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2013, 05:12:50 AM »
Today 8 years ago ( 16-11-05)...the Greatest Day...and The Greatest Goal..
Dennis Lawrence second half header secures 1-0 win away to Bahrain in World Cup play off...TnT qualify for Germany 2006.
These things politicians cant do...forget them...tnt tnt tnt tnt

I can still feel the tension that day...what a win
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Aniversary Soca Warriors..TnT
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2013, 05:40:42 AM »
Happy 8th Anniversary TnT...Soca Warriors for Life...tnt tnt tnt tnt

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 09:27:18 AM by Tallman »
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2013, 06:43:46 AM »
 :beermug:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2013, 08:14:40 AM »
 :cheers: Our prayers were answered that day!!

I prayed that day like 10 pundits for a win in Bahrain!!
:praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2013, 09:42:31 AM »
Happy Anniversary.

On another but related matter, Iceland tie Croatia. Croatia needs to win the next game so we can keep the "Smallest nation to qualify" title. The next game is in Croatia.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2013, 12:21:06 PM »
Hard to believe it's been 8 years already...

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2013, 04:01:42 PM »
Thanks and congratulations to Croatia. Their qualification for the World cup helped us retain the title as "the smallest nation to qualify".

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2013, 08:11:13 PM »
Thanks and congratulations to Croatia. Their qualification for the World cup helped us retain the title as "the smallest nation to qualify".

Good news :beermug:

I was watching Shaka on ESPN last week saying he backing Croatia for that very reason.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2013, 12:13:57 AM »
Think about the poor Icelanders, who could have felt like you guys did in 2006 :(

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2013, 09:56:48 AM »
Think about the poor Icelanders, who could have felt like you guys did in 2006 :(

No sympathy, they may be smaller but despite their failure they are treated with much more respect within their confederation than T&T is is within Concacaf (even ignoring the Warner effect). Also unlike us this was Iceland's first shot genuine shot at qualification, we have had three and have battled through to the final group on 2/3 other occasions and I garauntee they threw more money at this attempt than T&T has ever done.

Outside of T&T the only time our 74 failure was widely discussed was during and post the Strike squads run for the 90 world cup and the rest of the world was only interested in that run due to our opponents at the time (USA) and their circumstances.

As a football nation, Iceland has ah long way to go to experience the High's and low's T&T has experienced over the past 40+ years. Baharain and a number of African nations have had harder luck. I can't sympathise with Baharain either as they had millions of dollars of investment poured into what they considered to be a sound development programme.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2013, 11:37:39 AM »
Trinidad and tobagos troubles dont stop kids in iceland being upset man. Its not about money anyhow but about money well spent  :)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2013, 01:08:35 PM »

Who cares... really.  Smallest nation, biggest nation... we qualified that was what was most important and that could never be taken away from us.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2013, 01:45:34 PM »

No sympathy, they may be smaller but despite their failure they are treated with much more respect within their confederation than T&T is is within Concacaf (even ignoring the Warner effect). Also unlike us this was Iceland's first shot genuine shot at qualification, we have had three and have battled through to the final group on 2/3 other occasions and I garauntee they threw more money at this attempt than T&T has ever done.

Outside of T&T the only time our 74 failure was widely discussed was during and post the Strike squads run for the 90 world cup and the rest of the world was only interested in that run due to our opponents at the time (USA) and their circumstances.

As a football nation, Iceland has ah long way to go to experience the High's and low's T&T has experienced over the past 40+ years. Baharain and a number of African nations have had harder luck. I can't sympathise with Baharain either as they had millions of dollars of investment poured into what they considered to be a sound development programme.

Lol...Most of our football troubles have been the result of self inflicted wounds. This mindset shows exactly how myopic and simple we can allow ourselves to think. While we still celebrate being the smallest nation to qualify for the world cup, Iceland will celebrate a crime free nation regarded as the most peaceful place on the world while maintaining a human development index 53 places above us...How's that for progress...

I was hoping they would qualify...I always root for the underdog.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2013, 01:48:52 PM »
Trinidad and tobagos troubles dont stop kids in iceland being upset man. Its not about money anyhow but about money well spent  :)

You miss the point. We tried to qualify multiple times for the world cup and got reasonably close on a fair few occasions, we were even successful with less resources and an arguably harder qualification route than Iceland have ever had. But despite of that, I doubt people in Iceland ever have or ever would shed a tear for our failures....I venture they couldn't give a Sh*t.

Iceland's ultimately unsuccessful run for Brazil was planned for so it is about money, Iceland's current talent pool did not appear by magic..regardless of sensible spending you still need resources to sustain development. My sympathies lie with nation's worse off than T&T. Zambia under our old coach Porterfield come to mind...that was a true heartbreaker.

Sorry for goin off thread. Happy anniversary warriors, things looking up for the future. If we keep this progression going - who knows we could be the smallest nation to qualify twice fuh the big show.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2013, 01:55:25 PM »
Congo - you like that word myopic man. Not disputin the financial mismanagement in T&T, but If T&T got the kind of cash Iceland gets from NATO and the US gov't (per head of population) T&T would be a different place as well.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2013, 02:51:43 PM »
Congo - you like that word myopic man. Not disputin the financial mismanagement in T&T, but If T&T got the kind of cash Iceland gets from NATO and the US gov't (per head of population) T&T would be a different place as well.

That's the thing though, it's not about money. It's about proper management and accountability It's also about responsibility. Trinidad and Tobago has enough money to solve our problems but we have a serious lack of leadership and management. It's not just about money.

1]; } ?>