July 27, 2024, 03:42:58 AM

Author Topic: Hart grateful to the ‘real’ fans.  (Read 3903 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Hart grateful to the ‘real’ fans.
« on: November 21, 2013, 06:29:41 AM »
Hart grateful to the ‘real’ fans.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

National head coach Stephen Hart made special mention of the fans who turned up at the Hasely Crawford Stadium to witness T&T’s 2-0 victory over Jamaica in their final international match for the year at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo on Tuesday night.

Speaking during the post-match segment, Hart, who has now led T&T to a five-match unbeaten run,  “You see those fans that were there tonight… they are going to be there whether it’s 30,000 or 2,000. And we want to say a special thanks to them because they are the real fans.

We see all over the world where the people get behind their national teams and we want to keep building on that here,” Hart said. TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee was also appreciative of the support offered to the national team, so too Kenwyne Jones.

“We are always grateful but also to the fans who were not there tonight because maybe they were there when things were not going so good and now that we are producing some good performances and getting results again, hopefully they can come back out. We know that must get back the their confidence in us by playing our part as well,” Jones said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Hart grateful to the ‘real’ fans.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 08:09:58 AM »
Hart appreciation to the fans and made it public, well done.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 09:08:28 AM »
I believe the TTFA could have promoted our last home game against Jamaica much better and tickets should have been available for the public to purchase from at least a week before and not just on Saturday which is just 4 days before the game.

Also the focus should be on filling the stadium regularly at this stage which means that uncovered grounds tickets should be priced at $50 and covered could be $75 or $100 dollars with various family packages available.

Finally it is appalling that toilets at the stadium are locked or not kept clean and welcoming enough especially during an international game.

Sort these issues out, price the games more attractively and make tickets available for the public to purchase at least a week before the games and I believe attendance will be much better than it currently is coupled with the fact that we are now starting to play some decent football under coach Hart.

I think our next three regional opponents we should seek to play friendlies against are Cuba, Panama and Venezuela who are all ranked higher than us in the FIFA Rankings and should give us difficult tests both at home and away in their territory.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 04:41:32 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 09:16:55 AM »
The sheer lack of forward planning when it comes to national games is unbelievable from an outsider's position - England games are set months if not a year in advance, with advance sales at least a month before... Taht gives them all the time in the world to advertise it and drum up interest.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 09:26:51 AM »
The sheer lack of forward planning when it comes to national games is unbelievable from an outsider's position - England games are set months if not a year in advance, with advance sales at least a month before... Taht gives them all the time in the world to advertise it and drum up interest.

You have to remember that we're coming out of a period of time where nobody of note relly want tuh play we, so just getting and playing games is a step up.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 09:32:26 AM »
Also the focus should be on filling the stadium regularly at this stage which means that uncovered grounds tickets should be priced at $50 and covered could be $75 or $100 dollars with various family packages available.

A family package is fine, but I have not seen any evidence of the prices of tickets affecting attendance. It seems as though we tend to show up based on how de team doing, and de buzz around it. If we was playing some big named side like Brazil or Spain, ah bet yuh de place woulda ram out regardless of de price.

De last time we had a crowd of at least 10,000 at home was against USA in 2009.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 09:42:43 AM »
Finally it is appalling that toilets at the stadium are locked or not kept clean and welcoming enough especially during an international game.

Socapro, thanks for pointing this out. WE(TRINBAGO) will not tolerate this any more.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 01:11:25 PM »
great post Pro :beermug:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 04:08:12 PM »
Who do you think will be a good team for us to play next as we continue our development program?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 04:13:16 PM »
Have the TTFA taken up residence at the stadium,if they have then this should not be the case
Now that we have taken care of the Yardies,games against Cuba and Haiti should come next,take care of the Caribbean.Venezuela is a tempting target

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 04:47:54 PM »
Have the TTFA taken up residence at the stadium,if they have then this should not be the case
Now that we have taken care of the Yardies,games against Cuba and Haiti should come next,take care of the Caribbean.Venezuela is a tempting target
Yeah, maybe a friendly against Haiti might be worthwhile to avenge the lost we suffered against them in the Gold Cup but I was thinking that we will probably be ranked above them in the FIFA Rankings by the time we plan to meet them next year if we do think its beneficial playing Haiti next year outside of the Caribbean Cup.

I already posted this above in my previous post:-

I think our next three regional opponents we should seek to play friendlies against are Cuba, Panama and Venezuela who are all ranked higher than us in the FIFA Rankings and should give us difficult tests both at home and away in their territory.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 04:51:20 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 05:03:02 PM »
Who do you think will be a good team for us to play next as we continue our development program?

Not sure about next, but for the foreseeable short-term: Bolivia. In the medium-term: Israel.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2013, 05:17:49 PM »

Socapro, email fuentes or Coach Hart about this proposal.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 05:46:15 PM »
I'm not sure if this was discussed already,could someone explain to me why Cuba so strong,they are all amateurs their players don't play Pro Football all over the world,i guess they have their own local league not sure if foreigners play their,i don't hear of anybody playing friendlies against them,financially how much money do they spend on Football,do they have development programs,some how their Coaches get work in other countries so something good have to be going on there, how do they gain experience?
   Now i'm just opening this up for discussion. 

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 06:06:22 PM »
I'm not sure if this was discussed already,could someone explain to me why Cuba so strong,they are all amateurs their players don't play Pro Football all over the world,i guess they have their own local league not sure if foreigners play their,i don't hear of anybody playing friendlies against them,financially how much money do they spend on Football,do they have development programs,some how their Coaches get work in other countries so something good have to be going on there, how do they gain experience?
   Now i'm just opening this up for discussion. 

Coops, Cuba is a Communist country. The state provide everything for sportsmen. They have their sports acadamy for all sports. They seriuos about sports. They are not like TT. Like every country that goes thru a cycle, their track athletes are not as dominant as the 70s and 80s, but their field athletes are 2nd to none currently. The athletes and their family don't have to worry about where their next meal will come from. Cuba goes on tours. But they low key. About 2 years ago they spend about 6 weeks in Germany. Just remember football maybe 3rd or 4th in the pecking order. Baseball, basketball, TF, football.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 06:08:34 PM by Deeks »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 06:09:01 PM »
Happy to see Coach publicly acknowledging and recognizing the fans.

However, if in fact he actually did make that distinction regarding "real" fans, he hadda be careful with that.

Just as it had people at de game who had to be told that T&T were playing in red and Jamaica in yellow (how "real" dem fans is?), it probably also had some die hards who had to miss de game due to other commitments.  Doh make dem any less "real"

Just thanking the fans would be sufficient.  Is a slippery slope once yuh start to get een to who real and who not. 
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 06:12:13 PM »

However, if in fact he actually did make that distinction regarding "real" fans, he hadda be careful with that.

Just as it had people at de game who had to be told that T&T were playing in red and Jamaica in yellow (how "real" dem fans is?), it probably also had some die hards who had to miss de game due to other commitments.  Doh make dem any less "real"

Just thanking the fans would be sufficient.  Is a slippery slope once yuh start to get een to who real and who not. 

the Captain cover he rass ok doh.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 06:19:51 PM »

Just thanking the fans would be sufficient.  Is a slippery slope once yuh start to get een to who real and who not

Maybe he should have used the word "die-hard" instead of real? Or how about "non-wagonist"?  8)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 06:25:10 PM »
Just as it had people at de game who had to be told that T&T were playing in red and Jamaica in yellow (how "real" dem fans

Palos, you cyah be serious!!!!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 07:12:03 PM »
Just as it had people at de game who had to be told that T&T were playing in red and Jamaica in yellow (how "real" dem fans

Palos, you cyah be serious!!!!

Yup read Touches report

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 07:53:16 PM »

I doh believe that's a slippery slope at all, the truth is we as Trinis only appreciate big occasions, as somebody say, if was Brazil we played the place would have been full. It's shameful that after some good results, is only a hand of people showed up. On the flip side, as much as I know the new regime trying, there are some things that they have got to continue looking into - parking is a massive issue, it's disheartening driving an hour and change to come to the game reaching at least 45 mins before kick off and then be told by the "long hair rasta" outside the main gate that "you cyah park in here padner" only to see a man in a Range pull up and they fighting to open the gate for him. Disturbing as well knowing that the car park inside virtually empty...simple things like that could turn fans away. Parking outside the Stadium is a nightmare. The same situation occurred against New Zeland...nevertheless a good result makes these frustrations ah little easier to digest...wishing the team continued success!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 07:55:45 PM by amwood »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 08:41:09 PM »

I doh believe that's a slippery slope at all, the truth is we as Trinis only appreciate big occasions, as somebody say, if was Brazil we played the place would have been full. It's shameful that after some good results, is only a hand of people showed up. On the flip side, as much as I know the new regime trying, there are some things that they have got to continue looking into - parking is a massive issue, it's disheartening driving an hour and change to come to the game reaching at least 45 mins before kick off and then be told by the "long hair rasta" outside the main gate that "you cyah park in here padner" only to see a man in a Range pull up and they fighting to open the gate for him. Disturbing as well knowing that the car park inside virtually empty...simple things like that could turn fans away. Parking outside the Stadium is a nightmare. The same situation occurred against New Zeland...nevertheless a good result makes these frustrations ah little easier to digest...wishing the team continued success!
Oh yeah, I forgot about that!

Add parking at the stadium or lack of for the general public trying to attend the game to the list of things the TTFA needs to sort out if they want better attendance. Why make coming to support the team so frustrating and inconvenient for Joe Public?

So here is the list of things the TTFA need to sort out for better attendance at our next home games:-

1. Better advertising of the game to create more hype.

2. Tickets for the match should be made available at least 2 weeks before the game with a cheaper early bird purchase option to get ticket sales rolling as they do for many big carnival fetes.

3. New T&T Football Team T-shirt Tops should be available at various outlets nationwide and there can even be a ticket purchase package that includes the T-Shirt and a discount family tickets package as well.

4. Parking at the stadium should be easy and convenient for all and not just those with the right connections so the stadium car park should be full by game time and not practically empty while fans who drove to the game get snubbed and turned away to find parking elsewhere.

5. Stadium toilets should all be clean and available for use and maybe even supervised during the event to prevent misuse.

6. Variety of reasonably priced refreshments should be available to the public.

7. Part of proceeds from games can go to the Heart of the Warrior fund to look after any other national players past and current who may need medical help due to accident or injury.

8. Teams need to continue playing with heart and putting on a good show for the public with positive results.

9. Line up matches against Cuba, Haiti, Panama and Venezuela for next year 2014 from early, announce match dates and make tickets available asap minimum of 2 weeks before the home game.

10. Find different ways to create more hype and buzz around all our home games and to get the public accustomed to coming out once again to full stadiums with a great atmosphere. 

11. Die-hard Warrior fans must learn to support their home team more vocally and also how to make it uncomfortable for visiting teams especially for when World Cup qualification comes around.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:54:18 PM by Socapro »

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2013, 09:17:54 PM »

Not sure about next, but for the foreseeable short-term: Bolivia. In the medium-term: Israel.

i'd like to see trinidad play against some teams from africa. ethiopia, burkina faso, senegal, morocco, gabon or sierra leone. trinidad will get some good games out of these countries, just to name a few.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 03:47:03 AM »
I think the parking problems we had at the Stadium are problems we have at all the Stadiums in T&T,sometimes i feel the contractors did not cater for parking just people,besides patrons being inconvenienced i could just imagine the residents of Wodbrook and surrounding areas they are hostage when a game is on,if there is an emergency they can't even get out their homes.

There are two other things i think is affecting attendance at these games,one is games are being showed delayed the same night on Television,i know the foreigners will not like this but it's affecting the crowds,the other is why does the TTFA and the Coach keep telling the public these are experimental/friendly games,people will come out when things get serious,i know at that time you all will say wagonist,i mean really think about it and by the way these experimental/friendly games good for weekend not during the week.   

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 08:57:03 AM »
the other is why does the TTFA and the Coach keep telling the public these are experimental/friendly games,people will come out when things get serious,i know at that time you all will say wagonist,i mean really think about it and by the way these experimental/friendly games good for weekend not during the week.   

Not sure what else they supposed to say Coop's.  The games ARE international friendlies. And when he pick a mainly local side (and that will come) he must pretend that is the best team?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 10:17:21 AM »
I think the parking problems we had at the Stadium are problems we have at all the Stadiums in T&T,sometimes i feel the contractors did not cater for parking just people,besides patrons being inconvenienced i could just imagine the residents of Wodbrook and surrounding areas they are hostage when a game is on,if there is an emergency they can't even get out their homes.

There are two other things i think is affecting attendance at these games,one is games are being showed delayed the same night on Television,i know the foreigners will not like this but it's affecting the crowds,the other is why does the TTFA and the Coach keep telling the public these are experimental/friendly games,people will come out when things get serious,i know at that time you all will say wagonist,i mean really think about it and by the way these experimental/friendly games good for weekend not during the week.   

Coop's, the friendly international games have to coincide with the FIFA international dates else clubs will not be obligated to relase our players.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, 10:44:47 AM »
Guys all i gave there are reasons i think has affected crowd support,from a Football point of view what the Coach and TTFA did are valid.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, 12:40:41 PM »
I doubt there is much that the TTFA can do about the toilet and parking situations... that would fall under stadium operations.  I'm sure they could raise some noise and bring pressure to bear, but ultimately is the stadium management responsibility to ensure events run smoothly at the facility.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 02:41:39 PM »

Add Haiti to that list. Lost to them at the Gold Cup and El Salvador(although we drew) they are a good new team.

Oh, And I am grateful to have you as the head coach Mr.Hart <3

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2013, 01:46:30 AM »
Those four are all top teams that we'd face a serious challenge in - it'd be great to have those types of games so Trinidad can move up the rankings. Top 50 is the magic number for our domestic players to get into England

1]; } ?>