March 29, 2024, 12:53:55 AM

Author Topic: Refugees & Illegals in T&T Thread.  (Read 33118 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Griffith: Thousands of illegal J’cans straining T&T
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2014, 03:29:13 PM »
Sticking to your point.. being given Gov't housing (not squatting), I stand by what I said ("imaginary" or not). Like I said, you have a wide-on for anything Guyanese (by extension Indian).

You missed the initial point I was making and I guess you are doing so deliberately.

My point was that since there are more than twice as many illegal Guyanese in T&T (most of a certain race) than there are illegal J'cans, isn't it strange that the honorable National Security Minister Gary Griffith only saw it fit to focus on illegal Jamaicans (most of a certain race)?

I wonder why? When you are prepared to face that reality with some honesty in acknowledging the blatantly racist policies of the current PP government then we can talk.
You cannot solve a problem of discrimination until you first acknowledge that there is a problem.

you're not serious..right? just look up at the hills where our fellow caricom ambassadors occupy.

maybe the MONS fraid to say it.. (shit I'm about to do what you do), maybe, just maybe, these "certain race' immigrants don't indulge in crime as much as the ones being targeted (according to you)?

SP, not everything you hear on the call-in radio shows you subscribe to or the news yuh get from yuh nenen is factual.

Doing your best to distract from my point I see. Can't say I am surprised.

So who told you that the illegal Jamaicans in T&T are mostly living in the hills? I hope you are not implying that the illegal Jamaicans are the ones living in Laventille and committing most of the crimes there as that is very racist if that is what you are implying. And is Laventille the only area in T&T where crime occurs in your mind? Or is that the state controlled media in T&T loves to focus on crime in Laventille which helps to make it look like they are the main cause of crime and problems in the country?

Also if you are not aware that there are probably twice as many illegal Guyanese as any other illegal group in T&T then what can I say other than you must have Guyanese family or something so don't want to face that reality.

Finally you speculate that the MONS probably believes that the illegal Jamaicans are more likely to be engaged in criminal activities than illegal Guyanese so maybe that is why he chose to concentrate on them. Are you listening to yourself? But I am glad that you are revealing the colours of how racial you are thinking and maybe our MONS is on the same page in his thinking as yourself?

Glad you are revealing exactly how people like youself tend to view folks of African descent.

Its thinking like that by politicians in Guyana that led to Guyana being in the state its in right now where everyone is running away and us having so many illegal Guyanese in T&T but I guess you are happy to see T&T head down the same road. I guess that thinking makes a lot of sense to you?

PS:
I don't get all my information from the news or the radio as I am a Trini who is regularly in touch with friends and family living in T&T and who are on the ground and know what is going on in their area.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 12:45:15 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2014, 05:14:16 PM »
Since this PP Party became the Government of Trinbago like they send a message to all supporters every part of this earth to defend them even if what they are doing is wrong .

As I always say when the PNM was in power many others and I would stand and blast them to hell for the wrong they are doing  but now the wrong is right and the wrong are so glaring, I thought we would   standup and defend Trinbago by any means necessary but I now see how wrong I was . 
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2014, 07:03:16 PM »
Since this PP Party became the Government of Trinbago like they send a message to all supporters every part of this earth to defend them even if what they are doing is wrong .

As I always say when the PNM was in power many others and I would stand and blast them to hell for the wrong they are doing  but now the wrong is right and the wrong are so glaring, I thought we would   standup and defend Trinbago by any means necessary but I now see how wrong I was . 
You can say that again!
Its so sad but our country is on its way to becoming another Guyana or worse because too many Trinis are prepared to put race and supporting their party in whatever wrong they do before the future of the country.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2014, 09:11:57 PM »
Our MONS Gary Griffith is really helping to build a better business relation between T&T and Jamaica with his latest statement.

I am sure Jumbie and his likes are quite proud of their buddy Gary.
See link: TT government says illegal Jamaicans putting strain on economy - News - JamaicaObserver.com
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 09:15:14 PM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2014, 10:19:51 AM »

Very poor statesmanship by the Min of Nat Security

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »

Very poor statesmanship by the Min of Nat Security

It seems that very few of our current government ministers have any genuine tact or class.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2014, 03:43:39 PM »

As I always say when the PNM was in power many others and I would stand and blast them to hell for the wrong they are doing but now the wrong is right and the wrong are so glaring, I thought we would   standup and defend Trinbago by any means necessary but I now see how wrong I was . 

there was a fellow pres man who went under the sobriquet "supa trini" he had a lot to say about manning's administration...i does hardly hear from him nowadays now boy

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
110,000 illegals...Griffith: We will put an end to it
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2014, 12:47:08 AM »
This is what our MONS should have done from the beginning rather than just focusing on the Jamaicans.

Must say our T&T Minister of National Security still sounds like a bit of a tyrant though!

This figure of 110,000 illegals is more than the entire population of Grenada and many of the other islands.

I wonder how many illegal Trinbagonians are living in the other islands? Can anyone provide figures?

It will also be interesting to find out what the legal immigrants population figures look like for T&T.

110,000 illegals
...Griffith: We will put an end to it

By Ria Taitt Political Editor (T&T Express)
Story Created: Oct 14, 2014 at 10:09 PM ECT

Oil- and gas-rich Trinidad and Tobago remains a land of opportunity and currently serves as a haven for 110,012 illegal immigrants.

“You are talking about over ten per cent of your adult population,” National Security Minister Gary Griffith said following the National Security Ministry’s release of the “alarming statistics” yesterday.

Asked if there had been an increase in the number of illegal immigrants in recent years, Griffith said the problem did not start overnight.

“It is just that I am opening this Pandora’s box. And I intend to put an end to it. It is totally unacceptable,” he said.

This disturbingly high number of illegal immigrants comes primarily from 16 countries, of which only six are members of Caricom.

The highest number of illegal immigrants comes from Guyana—25,884; followed by Jamaica.

There are 19,500 Jamaicans living here illegally, while Venezuela has 10,574 illegal immigrants residing here. Next in line are people from St Vincent—9,606; Barbadians—7,169; Grenadians—6,947; Colombians—6,388; Chinese—4,593; Filipinos—4,437; St Lucians—4,391; Indians—3,651; Dominican Republic—2,256; Surinamese—1,944; Cubans—1,434; Nigerians—1,071; and Bangladeshis—167.

Griffith said he was not on a “witch hunt”.

But, he said he had met a very “untidy situation” and he intended to deal with all aspects of national security.

He said once Immigration officials are able to locate people, they are deported back to their country.

He said in such instances this country had to provide for the costs associated with deportation. “For example, for the 11 Africans we have to deport, we have pay the airfare plus Special Branch personnel to accompany them. It is going to cost us over $2 million to send back those Africans over the next two weeks,” he said, adding the State had to also charter an aircraft.

He said, though, many of the illegal immigrants “stay under the radar”, and sometimes information is brought to the Immigration Department which facilitates the location of these people.

However, he also noted many Trinidadians hire illegal immigrants “and they abuse the situation because they don’t pay (National Insurance), taxes, and sometimes pay them below the minimum wage”.

He said some of them worked in the security industry.

Griffith said some were employed in the sex industry.

He said he wanted to reject statements coming from the Jamaican opposition that it was a common practice for many people to overstay their time in different Caricom countries. “Because it is normal does not make it legal,” he said. “When these people are here illegally, they are sometimes unemployed and they turn to a life of crime and this could play a very big part in criminal activities in a country. “These individuals also consume our health facilities, education, because there is free access to all, as well as housing and employment opportunities.

“I am not saying that we intend to throw everyone out. Many of them have settled here and may be of value to Trinidad and Tobago, but they need to be regulaised and registered. If not, they can be abused by their employers and taken advantage of by receiving ridiculously low wages,” he said.

Sources told the Express yesterday the Jamaican influence on the gang activity was being looked at.

Citing the recent case of Jamaican Tremin Thomas, who was killed along with gang leader Dillon “Bandy” Skeete last month, the source said there was infiltration into the gangs by some of these illegal immigrants.

No. of People who have overstayed their time in Trinidad and Tobago and have not yet departed:

• Bangladeshis: 167
• Barbadians: 7,169
• Chinese: 4,593
• Colombians: 6,388
• Dominican Republic: 2,256
• Cubans: 1,434
• Grenadians: 6,947
• Guyanese: 25,884
• Indians: 3,651
• Jamaicans: 19,500
• Nigerians: 1,071
• Filipinos: 4,437
• St Lucians: 4,391
• St Vincent: 9,606
• Suriname: 1,944
• Venezuelans: 10,574

Source: National Security Ministry
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 01:01:08 AM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2014, 01:33:35 AM »
^^ Ok so he made big announcement but did not say how his Ministry intends to deal with the situation. So this is just another a election campaign topic. Notice he said "this problem did not start overnight"

Plus this public announcement is to save his face from being egged after being criticized for singling out Jamaicans when there are many other illegal immigrants.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Illegals in T&T Thread.
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2014, 02:00:17 AM »
110,000 illegals
...Griffith: We will put an end to it
By Ria Taitt Political Editor

Oil- and gas-rich Trinidad and Tobago remains a land of opportunity and currently serves as a haven for 110,012 illegal immigrants.

“You are talking about over ten per cent of your adult population,” National Security Minister Gary Griffith said following the National Security Ministry’s release of the “alarming statistics” yesterday.

Asked if there had been an increase in the number of illegal immigrants in recent years, Griffith said the problem did not start overnight.

“It is just that I am opening this Pandora’s box. And I intend to put an end to it. It is totally unacceptable,” he said.

This disturbingly high number of illegal immigrants comes primarily from 16 countries, of which only six are members of Caricom.

The highest number of illegal immigrants comes from Guyana—25,884; followed by Jamaica.

There are 19,500 Jamaicans living here illegally, while Venezuela has 10,574 illegal immigrants residing here. Next in line are people from St Vincent—9,606; Barbadians—7,169; Grenadians—6,947; Colombians—6,388; Chinese—4,593; Filipinos—4,437; St Lucians—4,391; Indians—3,651; Dominican Republic—2,256; Surinamese—1,944; Cubans—1,434; Nigerians—1,071; and Bangladeshis—167.

Griffith said he was not on a “witch hunt”.

But, he said he had met a very “untidy situation” and he intended to deal with all aspects of national security.

He said once Immigration officials are able to locate people, they are deported back to their country.

He said in such instances this country had to provide for the costs associated with deportation. “For example, for the 11 Africans we have to deport, we have pay the airfare plus Special Branch personnel to accompany them. It is going to cost us over $2 million to send back those Africans over the next two weeks,” he said, adding the State had to also charter an aircraft.

He said, though, many of the illegal immigrants “stay under the radar”, and sometimes information is brought to the Immigration Department which facilitates the location of these people.

However, he also noted many Trinidadians hire illegal immigrants “and they abuse the situation because they don’t pay (National Insurance), taxes, and sometimes pay them below the minimum wage”.

He said some of them worked in the security industry. Griffith said some were employed in the sex industry.

He said he wanted to reject statements coming from the Jamaican opposition that it was a common practice for many people to overstay their time in different Caricom countries. “Because it is normal does not make it legal,” he said.

“When these people are here illegally, they are sometimes unemployed and they turn to a life of crime and this could play a very big part in criminal activities in a country. “These individuals also consume our health facilities, education, because there is free access to all, as well as housing and employment opportunities.

“I am not saying that we intend to throw everyone out. Many of them have settled here and may be of value to Trinidad and Tobago, but they need to be regula­rised and registered. If not, they can be abused by their employers and taken advantage of by recei­ving ridiculously low wages,” he said.

Sources told the Express yesterday the Jamaican influence on the gang activity was being looked at.

Citing the recent case of Jamaican Tremin Thomas, who was killed along with gang leader Dillon “Bandy” Skeete last month, the source said there was infiltration into the gangs by some of these illegal immigrants.

People who have overstayed their time in Trinidad and Tobago and have not yet departed:

• Bangladeshis: 167

• Barbadians: 7,169

• Chinese: 4,593

• Colombians: 6,388

• Dominican Republic: 2,256

• Cubans: 1,434

• Grenadians: 6,947

• Guyanese: 25,884

• Indians: 3,651

• Nigerians: 1,071

• Filipinos: 4,437

• St Lucians: 4,391

• St Vincent: 9,606

• Suriname: 1,944

• Venezuelans: 10,574

Source: National Security Ministry

« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 11:27:36 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 110,000 illegals in T&T.
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2014, 06:48:34 AM »
Hm.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2014, 08:01:35 AM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2014, 08:03:14 AM »
Hm.

Shock at the Bim#?

For real....over 7,000 illegal bajans and I can't recall  ever meeting a single bajan in Trini..illegal or otherwise..

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2014, 08:10:14 AM »

Ok so he made big announcement but did not say how his Ministry intends to deal with the situation. So this is just another a election campaign topic. Notice he said "this problem did not start overnight"

Plus this public announcement is to save his face from being egged after being criticized for singling out Jamaicans when there are many other illegal immigrants.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2014, 08:47:18 AM »
Hm.

Shock at the Bim#?

For real....over 7,000 illegal bajans and I can't recall  ever meeting a single bajan in Trini..illegal or otherwise..

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stay out! - 13 Jamaicans turned away from Trinidad
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2014, 02:35:51 PM »
^^ Ok so he made big announcement but did not say how his Ministry intends to deal with the situation. So this is just another a election campaign topic. Notice he said "this problem did not start overnight"

:beermug:

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2014, 06:21:14 PM »
So like they return the favor with Abu Bakr
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2014, 08:07:24 PM »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2014, 10:00:23 PM »
So like they return the favor with Abu Bakr
Yea heard on the radio they were trying to arrest him on a plane in JA. What's the latest with this?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2014, 02:33:32 AM »
BAKR ORDERED OUT OF JAMAICA
By NALINEE SEELAL (Newsday)

JAMAAT al Muslimeen leader Yasin Abu Bakr was handcuffed, detained and ordered out of Jamaica together with one of his wives and his son Fuad, shortly after they arrived at the Norman Manley International Airport yesterday.

Bakr is said to have become boisterous on being told by Immigration officers that he was being denied entry. He was handcuffed and detained by Jamaican officials in an interrogation room at the airport for several hours.

Initial reports indicate that he, his wife and son were put on a flight that would have arrived at Piarco International Airport shortly after nine last night, although a more up-to-date report said the party would be held by Jamaican authorities overnight and they would be deported today. Newsday was informed that Bakr last night protested vehemently over being placed in the economy cabin, when he was escorted onto an aircraft for the return trip to Trinidad. His protestations were said to have created some confusion and delay in the flight departure out of Kingston and a decision was made to take him off the flight.

The latter report from Kingston stated that arrangements were being made to have Bakr placed in the Horizons Remand Centre in Kingston and if that were not possible he would be held in the Gun Court facilities, also in Kingston.

As to reasons for refusing Bakr entry, the Jamaican Passport, Immigration and Citizens Agency was said to have an Interpol watch list and persons on that list are not allowed to land in Jamaica. The Jamaica reports spoke of a long relationship Bakr had with former deposed Libyan leader Muammar Gadaffi who was killed a few years ago in a popular revolution in his country.

A statement from the Jamaican agency last evening said, however, the Jamaat al Muslimeen leader was refused leave to land in Jamaica under the country’s Immigration Restriction Commonwealth Citizens’ Act. The statement said the decision was in the interest of national security given the threat posed to public safety.

According to reports Bakr, his wife and son Fuad, the latter being the political leader of the New National Vision (NNV) party, left Trinidad on an Air Caribbean Flight at 8 am yesterday and arrived at 1 pm. They travelled into Jamaica to attend the 19th anniversary Louis Farakhan march scheduled to take place on Sunday at the National Arena in Kingston.

Sources revealed, on Bakr’s arrival at the Norman Manley Airport yesterday afternoon, immigration officers who scrutinised his passport sought guidance from other senior immigration officers as to whether to allow Bakr who led a failed coup in Trinidad on July 27, 1990, into Jamaica. After much deliberation officials decided to debar entry to Bakr and the two members of his family for security reasons. According to sources in Kingston, when officials informed Bakr of the decision, he began protesting loudly, accusing immigration authorities of unfairly targetting him. Immigration officers alerted police officers on duty at the airport and three heavily armed officers took Bakr into their custody and handcuffed him. His wife and son were not handcuffed, but allowed to accompany Bakr into the interrogation room.

Newsday was told, at 2.10 pm yesterday a handcuffed Bakr, along with his wife and son, were escorted to BW 457 by the three armed police officers and placed on the aircraft. This report, however, conflicted with other information that Bakr, his wife and son would be kept in Kingston overnight and put on a flight to Trinidad today.

Immigration sources told Newsday Bakr was not expected to be charged with any offence on his return to this country. Sources in Jamaica told Newsday that the Louis Farakhan march on Sunday is expected to attract hundreds of Muslims from all over the world and the Jamaican authorities have put systems in place to prevent persons deemed ‘undesirable’ from entering the country.

The authorities in Jamaica felt that there could be some security breaches if certain persons were allowed into the country and officials were given firm instructions to prevent this from happening.

Contacted yesterday Minister of National Security Gary Griffith, who was criticised by Jamaica’s Minister of Foreign Affairs AJ Nicholson and opposition spokesman on Foreign Affairs and foreign trade Edmund Bartlett, earlier this week for comments about the number of illegal Jamaicans living in Trinidad and Tobago, confirmed that Bakr had been denied entry into Jamaica.

A report on Bakr was also made to the Jamaican Foreign Affairs Minister, that country’s Minister of National Security as well as Jamaica’s Chief Immigration Officer and other senior law enforcement officials.

“It is the right of the Jamaican immigration authority to prevent entry to anyone they may deem a liability to the public purse regardless of the Caribbean Single Market and Economy (CSME) regulations. The security of a nation is of paramount importance and if they (the Jamaican authorities) see someone who can affect their security it is their right to debar entry which is in line with what we are doing.”

Newsday attempted to reach both Bakr and his son Fuad on their cell phones but calls went unanswered. On September 30, 13 Jamaicans were denied entry into Trinidad and Tobago for various reasons. In an interview with Radio Jamaica news, one of the 13 persons denied entry, Irma Bunting, who said she travelled to Trinidad to visit a relative, complained about inhumane treatment by Immigration officers at Piarco. She said the officers were rude and denied them access to their luggage for clothes change and something to eat. She said they were made to sleep on the floor.

The deportation created concern in Jamaica, with the Jamaican Foreign Affairs Minister expressing ire over further comments by Griffith. However, Griffith has since invited the Jamaican Minister to Port-of-Spain for talks on why the 13 were denied entry.

Griffith had revealed recently that there were 19,000 illegal Jamaicans living in this country resulting in the loss of more than $1 billion in revenue to Trinidad and Tobago annually. In response the Jamaican minister said Griffith was “not getting it” and advised the Trinidad and Tobago Minister to refrain from making statements that could affect the investigation.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2014, 10:25:36 AM »
The highlighted section in this newspaper report gives us an idea of why Yasin Abu Bakr was prevented from entering Jamaica and it has nothing to do with Jamaica retaliating against T&T.
The powers that be were worried about Black Unity and Farrakhan and Bakr getting together to master-mind a new Black unity movement between Blacks in America and Blacks in the Caribbean.
The authorities view such a movement of serious Black unity between America and the Caribbean as undesirable and very dangerous.

Bakr refused entry into Jamaica, detained at airport
By Mark Bassant Senior Multimedia Investigative Journalist
Story Created: Oct 15, 2014 at 11:49 PM ECT (T&T Express)

JAMAAT-Al-Muslimeen leader Yasin Abu Bakr was refused entry into Jamaica yesterday and later detained by security at Norman Manley International Airport after becoming agitated and upset over their refusal to allow him into the country.

The incident comes at a time when Jamaica has called on National Security Minister Gary Griffith to “refrain from continuing to muddy the integration waters” as it responded to his statement that the influx of thousands of illegal Jamaicans into Trinidad and Tobago is putting a strain on its resources.

Griffith confirmed the incident took place yesterday in Jamaica shortly after 1 p.m.
Griffith said as far as he understands, “They were refused entry to Jamaica and I understand that he was going to meet Louis Farrakhan who is in Jamaica and they refused him entry and they refused to leave, and I understand he was detained or sent back and it might be for obvious reasons.”

Sources say Bakr left the country yesterday on an 8 a.m. flight accompanied by his son, Fuad Abu Bakr, and one of his wives.

Well-placed sources in Jamaica said when Bakr arrived there with his family, the immigration authorities refused them entry. They say Bakr became irate with authorities. Three security officers at the airport later restrained Bakr and handcuffed him, and he was later taken into a room where he was detained for almost an hour.

An official report out of Jamaica indicated the Caribbean Airlines flight with Bakr was delayed as a result of him refusing to be seated in the economy section of the aircraft. He was being escorted by Jamaican immigration officers for the return trip. Bakr was eventually taken off the flight, resulting in the delayed departure of the aircraft.

Bakr, who celebrates his 73rd birthday on Saturday, was specially invited by Farrakhan to attend the 19th anniversary of the Million Man March to be held at the National Arena in Kingston, sources said.

“It is the first time the Million Man March is being held outside the United States and several Caribbean nationals, including Trinidadians, have flown to Jamaica for the historic event,” according to local representative for Farrakhan, David Muhammad.

He said, “It is the 19th anniversary of the Million Man March and the imam and his son went up today (yesterday). On Saturday is the imam’s birthday and he was invited by Mr Farrakhan as part of the historic event.”
Muhammad said he hoped the incident had nothing to do with the current tension between the Jamaican government and the Trinidad Government over the refusal to allow several Jamaicans entry into the country.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:39:35 AM by Socapro »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2014, 11:05:40 AM »
send all ah them back..........keep the colombians,they are very HARD workin young women.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2014, 11:29:16 AM »
Hm.

Shock at the Bim#?

why are you shocked?

Because u does bounce up the rest of illegals. I nevr bounce up no Bajan wuking in no gas station etc.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2014, 11:50:02 AM »

It is very easy to say send them back. The costs involved in 'sending them back' will run into the hundreds of millions for the CARICOM citizens alone.

“When these people are here illegally, they are sometimes unemployed and they turn to a life of crime and this could play a very big part in criminal activities in a country. “These individuals also consume our health facilities, education, because there is free access to all, as well as housing and employment opportunities.

This is a function of the weaknesses in our institutions and should be a crucial part of the tackling the issue, if even from the standpoint of assisting with surveillance.

That foreigners are able access public housing is a complete indictment on our authorities and is an effect of the endemic corruption in our housing system.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2014, 07:40:23 PM »
I notice this is becoming another conversation changer for the Govt. The Billions being spent in write offs and transparency for the funding of the new highway is no longer the hot topic  :D

Noticed how the conversation changed when the CR bill was introduced when everyone was demanding answers on Life Sport.  People are easily distracted from one issue to the next
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 07:59:14 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2014, 03:12:42 AM »
ARE YOU ILLEGAL
By NALINEE SEELAL (Newsday).

IMMIGRATION authorities will begin an exhaustive door-to-door crackdown to weed out illegal immigrants within the next two months, National Security Minister Gary Griffith revealed yesterday adding that the estimated 110,000 illegal immigrants living in this country, will be given a window of opportunity between next month and early January, to have their status regularised.

He warned however, those who fail to comply will be found and deported.

Several arms of the Ministry including the Immigration Dept, Police and the National Operations Centre (NOC) will be engaged in the illegal immigrant weed out exercise.

“After the window closes, all persons who have not been regularised, we will be doing a massive campaign. We will be like a parang side...we will be going from house to house and any person who is here illegally we will be sending them back to their country,” Griffith told Newsday.

He said certain procedures and formalities are being worked out at present and this window of opportunity will be afforded to illegal immigrants in the next few weeks. Griffith said there are many illegal immigrants living in this country who are contributing heavily to crime and gang activity. He said if these undesirables are removed, it will have a positive impact on the fight against crime. The country will benefit when these illegal immigrants are returned to their respective countries,” Griffith said.

The Minister noted it is a fact there are over 110,000 illegal immigrants in this country and from records he has gotten, there may be more. “I don’t want this to be seen as a witch hunt in any way. The fact is that anyone can question my stance and I am not turning a blind eye to the fact that over ten percent of the adult population in this country are persons here illegally. That is unacceptable.”

“It goes to the concept of the ‘broken window theory’...people might not see this as a serious situation but it is, because we have intelligence that confirms there are many persons who are here as illegal immigrants and who are involved in all aspects of drug related activity and serious crimes.

“It is not coincidental that this problem started just around the same period of the escalation in gang activity, around 2004 or 2006, so it shows there is a relationship between illegal immigrants and serious crimes,” Griffith told Newsday.

Griffith made it clear that not all immigrants are involved in crime. He said immigrants have contributed to this country’s development but those upstanding citizens are the ones whose status are above board and are not in this country on the sly.

He said it is his duty as National Security Minister to treat with the issue of illegal immigrants seriously in order to nip the problem of illegal immigrants being involved in crime in the bud.

Griffith said this initiative does not mean that all illegal immigrants will be targetted for deportation hence the reason for a window of time and opportunity being afforded to them to check with the authorities to have their status updated. He believes many of these immigrants can make a meaningful contribution to society but they must do so as properly documented immigrants with a legitimate reason for being in the country.

“If we see you are here working illegally and if you have not regularised and registered it means you are not paying taxes. You are not taking out NIS from your employees, you are not paying Corporation tax. It means you are indirectly cheating on the State.

“Illegal immigrants are utilising the education system, health system, employment opportunities. Listen, Trinidad and Tobago welcomes you with open arms but you must be regularised. So we are giving these persons a chance to come forward during this brief window of opportunity because if we find you afterwards we will automatically send you home.

“Come forward, regularise yourself, take your pain and if you have an employer who can vouch for you and we are told you can be of value to the country and you do not fit the two criteria instrumental in removing you, that is, (a) being a liability to the public purse, you don’t have a job, we don’t know where you are living, you don’t have any employer, you have no skill or (b) you are a threat to National Security...if you do not fit these categories then you stand a very good chance of being regularised,” Griffith said.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2014, 10:02:31 AM »
I wonder what areas are the immigration dept. canvassing.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2014, 05:39:07 PM »

:frustrated: this is they bright plan?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2014, 03:03:34 PM »

RUN .... HIDE!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2014, 08:56:05 PM »

RUN .... HIDE!!!

That is d best u could come up wit POOR

1]; } ?>