March 28, 2024, 08:43:52 AM

Author Topic: Classic erupts into brawl.  (Read 10027 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Classic erupts into brawl.
« on: November 05, 2005, 09:17:04 PM »
Classic erupts into brawl.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

Brazilian Gefferson Da Silva Goulart boastfully ran towards the opponents' bench after hitting an expertly-taken free kick into the roof of the CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh net.
The 66th minute stunner proved to be the only goal in a tight Toyota Classic final at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella on Friday night and should have sparked celebrations on the part of the Vive CT105 W Connection faithful.

Instead, it set off a brawl.
Taking offence to Goulart's perceived taunt, hard-nosed Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick made a deliberate movement and stuck out his right elbow into Goulart's face as he was about to run past the Jabloteh bench.
For his indiscretion, Fenwick was surrounded by several of the W Connection players and Brazilian midfielder Ronaldo Viana retaliated to the attack by striking the Englishman in the face.
Eventually, several players on both teams erupted into an all-out free-for-all on the field. At one point, Viana was racing for his life chased by Jabloteh's Kerry Noray and Ian Gray, who made a 40-metre dash from his penalty area before just missing with a kick at the Brazilian.
Also joining the fracas was former Jabloteh player Travais Mulraine, who came off the bench to engage his ex-teammate Ian Gray in battle.
By the time referee Richard Piper had regained control, four players were dismissed from the field and Mulraine sent off the bench.
Jabloteh coach Fenwick was also dismissed to a chorus of heavy boos from the entire crowd.
Also done for the night were Atiba Charles and Goulart of W Connection, while Jabloteh's Gray and Dexter Franklyn also had an early shower.
A total of six players got red cards, while many more escaped punishment.
T&T Pro League CEO Dexter Skeene called the incident regrettable and said sanctions will be taken against the offending parties.
"The Pro League will not condone any unsportsmanlike behaviour and indiscipline. The Pro League is about fair play and discipline and you can be sure that the Disciplinary Committee will look at it and take whatever action is necessary in the near future."
St Lucian Stuart Charles-Fevrier, W Connection's technical director, was also peeved about the incident, stating his team have never been associated with violence.
"This afternoon saw players reacting to one of our players being stuck by the Jabloteh coach and that started the whole thing," he said.
"He (Viana) was running and looking at the stands, looking at the people and he struck him with the elbow. I would never strike a Jabloteh player like that...that is violence. But, I am not surprised, Jabloteh under Terry Fenwick wants to win at all cost," Fevrier declared.
Except for Goulart's free-kick, the first-ever Toyota Classic final was tight.
The teams started with a flurry and both Earl Jean and Nigel Codrington came close to scoring at either end in the opening minutes. But once settled, both defences started to dominate.
Connection, though, had the better of the first half, forcing Jabloteh custodian Daurance Williams into a couple of timely saves from efforts by Goulart and Andre Toussaint.
Connection also came close twice in the second half, with Jean hitting a diagonal shot across Williams and just missing the far post.
Toussaint also had the chance to give W Connection a second goal, when picked out in a wide position, but wasted an excellent opportunity by scooping his shot over the bar.
Jabloteh's best moments came when Trent Noel forced Connection's Colombian keeper Alejandro Figueroa to tip over his attempt early in the first half.
After the incident, Jabloteh chased the game looking for the equaliser, causing a couple scares with dangerous crosses into the W Connection penalty area.
With heavy tackles coming in all the time, a second violent incident looked a distinct possibility. And when temperamental national midfielder Aurtis Whitley and W Connection captain Jean went down in a bundle, another scrap seemed certain.
Fortunately, the two experienced players led their teammates by example and while on the ground Jean embraced Whitley, who returned the favour once off the turf. That was the high point of a game that at one time had gone terribly bad.

W Connection's Travais Mulraine (#4) and San Juan Jabloteh's Ian Gray (#3), former Jabloteh teammates, at left, square off during Friday's Toyota Classic final at Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella.
Disciplinary committee to meet Wednesday.
By Kern De Freitas (Express).

The T&T Pro League's disciplinary committee will meet on Wednesday to decide what action will be taken following the brawl which marred the Toyota Classic final between CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh and Vibe CT 105 W Connection on Friday night at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella.
Pro League CEO Dexter Skeene yesterday told the Sunday Express the committee will be taking a hard line on offenders, after the referee and match commissioner's reports, as well as video footage, are reviewed at the meeting.
"The Pro League will not condone any kind of indiscipline," Skeene said in an interview yesterday. "We strive for excellence in all areas, and discipline is important. People who received expulsions will appear before the committee and as soon as we have a report on Wednesday we will release all the findings to the press."
Video replays showed the incident began in the 66th minute, when Connection midfielder, Brazilian Gefferson Da Silva Goulart, after scoring the lone item of the contest from a free kick, sprinted off the field toward the Jabloteh bench.
On his approach, Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick caught him with an elbow and a melee involving players from both sides ensued.
Following the match, Connection coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier came to the defence of his players, saying his team had no reputation of violence.
"We are not a nasty playing team," a visibly upset Fevrier asserted following the final, which his team won 1-0.
"We are a team that always come to play football. I'm sure nobody would associate W Connection with violence. And this afternoon, you saw players reacting to one of our players being struck by the Jabloteh coach, that is what really caused everything."
Charles-Fevrier also denied Goulart was trying to taunt the Jabloteh bench.
"If you watch, he was running and looking at the stands. And Fenwick struck him with the elbow. I would have never done a Jabloteh player that. That is violence. But I'm not surprised, though. Jabloteh under Terry Fenwick wants to win at all cost."
Jabloteh representatives declined to comment on the event yesterday, saying the club would issue a statement on the incident following a meeting of their executive today.
Earl Jean happy with win, but...
T&T Guardian Reports.
[/size]

Earl Jean, captain of the VIBE CT 105 W Connection club, said his club was ecstatic with the win over rivals CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh in the Toyota Classic final.
“We have worked hard all season long and thrive on winning trophies.
“We always look forward to playing Jabloteh, because we know it’s always going to be a tough match.
However, what happened tonight was a very unfortunate incident.
“A coach should lead by example for his players but what happened was not acceptable.
“We must all have respect for one another as players and coaches because no one should be above the law, whether you are a local or a foreigner.”
Asked what his team’s tactics were on the night, the St Lucian native said: “If you look back at our matches against Jabloteh, they have always been close ones, so we just wanted to get an early lead and work from there.
“We did not get the lead we were hoping for in the first half but we kept working at it.”
Jean, who has been campaigning in the PFL since its inception, also praised the strike by teammate Brazilian Gefferson Goulart, which was the eventual match winner.
“It was an excellent goal, he has been having a great season so far and this will fit in nicely among his goals so far in the campaign.
“I think his stint in Europe has helped him to develop somewhat and has been to the benefit of the club.”
Stuart Charles-Fevrier, coach of the victorious W Connection club, said he was very disappointed in the actions of San Juan Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick.
“Someone like Terry Fenwick, who should be leading by example, should not have done that.
“I’m very angry, I’m positive I would never have done anything like that.
“Since the inception of the league, we at W Connection set our sights on playing attractive football while being disciplined.
“And what you saw from our players was a reaction to one of their teammates being struck in the face by Fenwick’s elbow.
Asked if he felt that Goulart running towards the Jabloteh bench during his goal celebration aggravated the situation, Charles-Fevrier said: “No, I don’t think so at all; he was running and looking towards the stands.
“Jabloteh, under Fenwick, has become a team that wants to win at all cost,” ended the St Lucian-born Charles-Fevrier, a former national coach of T&T.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 04:40:52 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Classic erupts into brawl
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 09:40:58 PM »
 Toussaint int buss de net :(...He might still get pfl player of the year :beermug:....Go T&T

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 09:46:39 PM »
This is actually good for Trini football. Men with passion and hungry to prove themselves and competitive. Is contract in dey ruckerterkungkung after we qualify. The league will rise in stature. Mark my words.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 09:51:26 PM »
This is actually good for Trini football. Men with passion and hungry to prove themselves and competitive. Is contract in dey ruckerterkungkung after we qualify. The league will rise in stature. Mark my words.

STEUPS
how could you say that this lack of discipline and proffesionalism of the T&T Pro League Footballers will be a good tihng for this league?? it will only be downgraded

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 09:53:48 PM »
this eh looking good for de league at all...remember wen ref ramdan and de keeper for strikers figght....ramdan get no disciplinary action against him...hope de punishments are dealt out properly
but how a man cant know he running by de opposition bench? dat is craziness...u jus asking for trouble doin that...real unsportsmanlike
Back in Trini...

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 10:03:53 PM »

STEUPS
how could you say that this lack of discipline and proffesionalism of the T&T Pro League Footballers will be a good tihng for this league?? it will only be downgraded

I actually expected that reply and I understand. But I am not worried. Happens all over the world and it says that things are being perceived to be so high stakes that this could happen. i am not supporting violence really
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 01:05:56 AM »
From what I saw Goulart was headed straight for Fenwick and was cussing dong Fenwick so when he get de elbow he was almost in de Jabloteh box . I dont know any worse way to provoke a fight dan to run straight at a man cussing he dong and doan expect tuh get a reaction.

Big fights are not new to football anywhere in de world. Tallman cud pull de stats fuh we.

If I remember correctly, last year Arsenal and Man U had a brawl with about 9 men getting ban and ting. Didnt do a ting bad tuh de league. De obvious difference here is dat is de two best clubs involved but I sure deh gun shake hands on it and move on. Even in Parliament in Taiwan dem Parliamentarians does openly brawl every single year.

I hope dem boys from bam bam see dat we passionate about we football and come Nov 12th and 16th is some licks in de arse comin and going.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 03:21:00 PM »

STEUPS

Nah man, it good for the league as long a s it doh get out ah hand.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 04:12:35 PM »
Even in Parliament in Taiwan dem Parliamentarians does openly brawl every single year.

I doh think was Taiwan, but I have the pictures in my head ah that fight. Dread, that look like a WWF King of the Ring or a WCW Royal Rumble brawl, I never see man in jacket and tie pelt so much kick since matrix revolutions...  :rotfl:

But I can't understand why men sayin that kind ah thing could be good for the image of the league. Them Central American done branding we as criminals since the whole Elcock affair, things bad enough as it is. IT might be good kicks, but people done know how Dwight was indisciplined, if on top of that they think we rowdy, they not recruting nobody that could be a disturbing influence on the team - look how Gaza got lef out ah england squad in 98 for the self same dotish ignorant behaviour
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 04:37:55 PM »
Even in Parliament in Taiwan dem Parliamentarians does openly brawl every single year.

I doh think was Taiwan, but I have the pictures in my head ah that fight. Dread, that look like a WWF King of the Ring or a WCW Royal Rumble brawl, I never see man in jacket and tie pelt so much kick since matrix revolutions...  :rotfl:

But I can't understand why men sayin that kind ah thing could be good for the image of the league. Them Central American done branding we as criminals since the whole Elcock affair, things bad enough as it is. IT might be good kicks, but people done know how Dwight was indisciplined, if on top of that they think we rowdy, they not recruting nobody that could be a disturbing influence on the team - look how Gaza got lef out ah england squad in 98 for the self same dotish ignorant behaviour

Was Taiwan self man was pelting han. As far as the football is concerned there is no getting around fights. They will happen. Them central americans are the last ones to talk bout man wildness, dem leagues ent easy atall. These kinds of things foster rivalries and generate interest. Why do you think fights break out at press conferences for them big heavy weight fights...to generate interest and sell tickets.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Classic erupts into brawl.
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 06:03:14 PM »
 Hopefully, men leave it on the field....It is a indication that men taking this thing serious but it is setting a bad example for children...Men should be disciplined but not severly...Maybe a 500 dollars..just dent a man pocket for a weekend....Go T&T

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2005, 06:05:10 PM »
From what I saw Goulart was headed straight for Fenwick and was cussing dong Fenwick so when he get de elbow he was almost in de Jabloteh box . I dont know any worse way to provoke a fight dan to run straight at a man cussing he dong and doan expect tuh get a reaction.

Big fights are not new to football anywhere in de world. Tallman cud pull de stats fuh we.

If I remember correctly, last year Arsenal and Man U had a brawl with about 9 men getting ban and ting. Didnt do a ting bad tuh de league. De obvious difference here is dat is de two best clubs involved but I sure deh gun shake hands on it and move on. Even in Parliament in Taiwan dem Parliamentarians does openly brawl every single year.

I hope dem boys from bam bam see dat we passionate about we football and come Nov 12th and 16th is some licks in de arse comin and going.

Yuh right to a point.  Now see de replay on Spalk.  Goulart was runnin stright to de Jabloteh dugout.  Like he see Fenwick at de last moment and look to try and avoid he and Fenwick stick out he elbow.  Goulart could get injure serious dey.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2005, 06:44:58 PM »
i think this behaviour was atrocious at best and to see it instigated by fenwrick wasnt a nice ting atall
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005, 07:06:34 PM »
i think this behaviour was atrocious at best and to see it instigated by fenwrick wasnt a nice ting atall

Some might say...wit some measure of justification....dat Goulart instigate de whole ting by runnin into de Jabloteh off field area and towards dey bench to celebrate.  Fenwick reaction was unacceptable....no doubt about it....but Goulart had no business doin wha he do to start it off needah.  When he did get de elbow..he kilkaytay stright into where de Jab reserves was sittin.  It had nowhere else he coulda be runnin to de speed he was runnin at.

Yuh tink he was tryin dat shit in a Flamengo vs Vasco de Gama derby in Brazil?

Imagine how much licks Figo woulda get if he did try dat playin fuh Real Madrid against Barcelona.

Again...not condonin Fenwick action....but Goulart to me instigate de ting.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 07:08:28 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2005, 09:34:12 PM »
I saw it back on tv too. There is no doubt he was running directly at Fenwick and pointing to himself and cussing de man dong. When he meet Fenwick he lean into him and get de elbow. Fenwick should not have reacted that way to defend himself by dat time Goulart was already way into the Jabloteh area. He landed two feet in front of d Jabloteh bench but nobody ent attack him. He had no business there at all and he could not try dat anywhere else in de world especially in central america and south america.

There are always fights in any sport in which there is physical contact. Even in cricket men does fight.
Football is a contact sport. Is like boxing - 'protect yuhself at all times'

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2005, 09:45:38 PM »
#1 spalker! , whey d hell u find dat picture of anil ,horse? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
oh laawwwd  :rotfl:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
San Juan - W Connection fight
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 04:19:00 AM »
Fellas years ago around 2004, there was the mother of all football brawls between Jabloteh and WC.
When Fenwick stat it by elbowing a player who was making style on the bench after scoring.

It was a melee extreme. I think the Ref. gave out like 7 red cards in one minute.

I would love to see a vid of that fight.
Does anybody have access to it. I have been searching the net but to no avail.
Believe me that is one for the archives.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 07:23:30 AM »
Luck it was Fenwick and not the Mexican coach, else is kick in he ass  :devil:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>