March 29, 2024, 07:33:52 AM

Author Topic: Technical Director Thread  (Read 15014 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Technical Director Thread
« on: November 24, 2013, 06:47:35 PM »
Mods can merge if necessary.I want to know if the TTFA has a Technical Director? i thought Benie was supposed to be our Technical Director? where is he? what is Anton's portfolio? is that one of the positions Small Mag holding? 

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:46:55 AM by Flex »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Technical Director
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 07:00:05 PM »
Benie was Director of Football whatever that means
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 07:34:00 PM »
Coop's you are looking in the right direction, because right now the distraction is Steven Hart. You are the only man besides Amwood who understands where our focus should be directed. The President seems to be the Technical Director at the moment..he is the man with the vision for the future of football in Trinidad and Tobago.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 09:43:19 AM »
Mods can merge if necessary.I want to know if the TTFA has a Technical Director? i thought Benie was supposed to be our Technical Director? where is he? what is Anton's portfolio? is that one of the positions Small Mag holding? 

beenhakker said he will only return when the coaching staff has been paid, i dont know if the fed has paid them...

Offline gb8702

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Hi all
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 08:54:04 AM »
Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum although i have been following for awhile. i  have applied to become TD within the TTFA. I was just wondering what the general feeling would be if someone from Europe got the position?
Thanks in advance
GB

Sorry SAM
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:31:03 AM by gb8702 »
Fail to prepare - Prepare to fail

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Hi all
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 09:17:08 AM »
Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum although i have been following for awhile. i  have applied to become TD within the TTFF. I was just wondering what the general feeling would be if someone from Europe got the position?
Thanks in advance
GB
Pick the best man for the job, no matter where he is from.

No favors, because he from Europe though.

He must earn his pick like everyone else.

But, no problem where he is from.

Beenhaker, who took us to de world cup is from Europe.

And its not TTFF, its TTFA (now), if yuh applying for a job, at least know de name of de company yuh applying for nah.

That alone says a lot.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:19:43 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 09:20:29 AM »
Welcome to the forum :) Don't mind Sam, he loves to meet new people and get on :p.

I'm a Brit (with no blood relation to Trini yet), so I don't mind, as long as you're relatively cheap :p (so the limited money isn't filtered from other programmes). As long as you're aware of the financial situation at teh TTFA and willing/able to be flexible there.

Offline gb8702

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 09:40:23 AM »
I am also from the UK. The main reason i have applied for the role is to help sustain and grow football in the area, giving kids from grass roots the opportunity to play football and be coached to a high standard in turn providing the stars of tomorrow.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 10:08:59 AM »
I am also from the UK. The main reason i have applied for the role is to help sustain and grow football in the area, giving kids from grass roots the opportunity to play football and be coached to a high standard in turn providing the stars of tomorrow.
Welcome! So we have a lot of Trinis all over the place and on this board who can do those things as well, so what else will you bring to the table other than being from Europe? How familiar are you with the "Liming under a coconut tree culture" or "Carnival Mentality of the people", how about "Basic Punctuality...any time is Trini time"? What personal and professional sacrifices are you willing to make for the greater good of football in T&T? Are you personally financially sound to afford going without a pay check for months at a time? Were you aware that you would be interviewed on this forum?  :yellowcard:
All the best, I actually have a candidate that I've endorsed for the position because he passed all the above criteria ;D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 10:15:34 AM by CK1 »
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline gb8702

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 10:20:16 AM »
Personal sacrifices are being away from home from my kids also my business interests, as for the job itself i have a number of syllabuses  that i have  produced  for coaches and players from grass roots to full time professionals that one of which is being used by a professional side in England.
With everything in life you only get out what you put in, so you always have to strive to become better day by day.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 10:38:56 AM »
Hi GB. I see no problem with your nationality as long as your c.v. is decent. Good luck!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 10:42:44 AM »
Personal sacrifices are being away from home from my kids also my business interests, as for the job itself i have a number of syllabuses  that i have  produced  for coaches and players from grass roots to full time professionals that one of which is being used by a professional side in England.
With everything in life you only get out what you put in, so you always have to strive to become better day by day.

GB, one of your first tests will be to spot the Trini sense of humour as demonstrated by CK1! Meanwhile, I find that our British sense of humour tends to fail miserably here. But, in most times, Trinis are a lot more friendly and welcoming than Brits so you'll soon get the hang of things! Which UK clubs have you worked with?

Offline gb8702

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 10:51:29 AM »
Huddersfield town, Notts County, Stoke city, Burton Albion as well as Local non league and grass roots sides. Played under some top managers aswell as with some good players, I attend ST Georges park regularly as i live fairly close. This month im there to observe Barcelona as they are using the facility

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 11:11:56 AM »
Huddersfield town, Notts County, Stoke city, Burton Albion as well as Local non league and grass roots sides. Played under some top managers aswell as with some good players, I attend ST Georges park regularly as i live fairly close. This month im there to observe Barcelona as they are using the facility

Nice. I hear SGP is puckka - a big improvement on Lilleshall and Bisham. Haven't been there, as I've been out here since before it opened. Huddersfield supposed to have some decent facilities too?

Offline gb8702

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 11:24:24 AM »
SGP is quality top class venue, huddersfields facility's are good now, when I was there we used the university facilities

Offline gb8702

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 04:25:52 AM »
Well they say football is a funny old game, i apply for the above job and then get offers for similar roles, although the locations are are not as appealing.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 09:11:38 AM »
Well they say football is a funny old game, i apply for the above job and then get offers for similar roles, although the locations are are not as appealing.

Good news for you!! But T&T could really do with some new blood to bring organisation and positive change.
I hope you are considered for the TTFA position and that you will keep your options open.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 10:23:50 AM »
An outsider wouldn't get the job, they already know who they want but advertise it for courtesy.

Do you think they will bring in someone to expose all the deficiencies.

:D

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 01:02:58 PM »
This thread sound like tiki taka football
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 01:46:56 PM »
This is a charity position

Thank you for ur willingness to help the nation as a foreigner

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 02:32:28 PM »
Like another poster said the best man for the job must be chosen regardless where he is from. Therefore you being from Europe should not be an obstacle.

No favors or special attention because he is from Europe!

He must earn his pick like everyone else.

Offline gb8702

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2014, 10:31:49 AM »
Well i wish whoever the man is all the very best of luck in his new role. Hopefully we will see T&T in another world cup ASAP. Many thanks to all who have welcomed me to the site, i wish you all the very best.
Keep up the good work guys

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2014, 03:29:23 PM »
Elections is in November, the whole show and admin going to change from top to bottom. Good try gb8702.

Offline gb8702

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 03:58:52 PM »
Wasn't aware of the elections in November. I received an email today saying I was in successful in applying for the TD role. Onwards and upwards

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2014, 04:01:53 PM »
Good luck but as i said before the whole show and admin going to change from top to bottom.

Offline gb8702

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 04:03:11 PM »
Might try my luck then lol  :rotfl:

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2014, 06:14:22 PM »
I don't care who gets the job as long as we get the team going again. I have gotten to point of seriously supporting USMNT. I am following them to twitter, watching the MLS, getting excited about their transfer possibilities  :'( This is only happening because I feel like we don't have a team. Where are our friendlies. Why aren't we trying to improve our ranking to deal with the work permit situation. Our guys aren't getting national team minutes. Even if we have to play Haiti, can we please just play someone.

So my answer is, don't care who does it, just get stuff done.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2014, 11:41:34 PM »
 T&T Football in the doldrums big time.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2014, 01:36:38 AM »
It'll get better, We have one person of competence, we just need the rest... And Warner giving back the money he stole would help

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2014, 11:25:00 AM »
I don't care who gets the job as long as we get the team going again. I have gotten to point of seriously supporting USMNT. I am following them to twitter, watching the MLS, getting excited about their transfer possibilities  :'( This is only happening because I feel like we don't have a team. Where are our friendlies. Why aren't we trying to improve our ranking to deal with the work permit situation. Our guys aren't getting national team minutes. Even if we have to play Haiti, can we please just play someone.

So my answer is, don't care who does it, just get stuff done.

Ah really dunno nah. Question to anyone TTFA inner circle. What is the current status of our senior football team at the moment? We have Caribbean Nations Cup qualifiers in October, so are we not going to play friendlies before then?

1]; } ?>