When he feel like it
0 (0%)
Maybe in a next life
0 (0%)
Dah is dem other fellas job
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: November 24, 2017, 09:29:40 PM

Author Topic: Joevin Jones Thread  (Read 99048 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Man City looking at Joevin Jones?
« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2016, 01:46:01 PM »
You want Pep get run outta town.

I eh sayin he will get de gig.  I say he on de radar.  Unlikely to get a move in January in part because he is an unknown....but from reports I heard...he has been noticed.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 01:59:44 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2016, 01:54:45 PM »
fella had a solid game on Saturday night.. funny how after all that time and COLD, he didn't look bun as the norm with our players when they wearing the red, white and black

if true.. all the best to him oui

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2016, 02:02:02 PM »
fella had a solid game on Saturday night.. funny how after all that time and COLD, he didn't look bun as the norm with our players when they wearing the red, white and black

if true.. all the best to him oui

Think bout it.

which one is a scenario where yuh most likely to BUN?

When is -5 degrees celcius and running keeps you warm?

Or when is 35 degrees celcius and humidity makes it feel like 40?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2016, 03:20:47 PM »
P.. I played (American football) at -5 (actually -14C) and that burn you get in your throat/lungs is not joke.

Not sure how hot conditions/humidity or freezing conditions (can have relative humidity as well) relate to stamina, but what I saw of him that night.. he played with a purpose

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 12, 2016, 03:41:12 PM »
P.. I played (American football) at -5 (actually -14C) and that burn you get in your throat/lungs is not joke.

Not sure how hot conditions/humidity or freezing conditions (can have relative humidity as well) relate to stamina, but what I saw of him that night.. he played with a purpose

He better.  If he...or anyone for that matter...cyah get up for a final.....then he gone tru before he even start  ;)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 12, 2016, 05:53:17 PM »
Bayern Munich, PSG, Barca and a certain monsieur zidane are rumoured to be fans.
Gih dem JJ!

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 12, 2016, 07:00:11 PM »
Bayern Munich, PSG, Barca and a certain monsieur zidane are rumoured to be fans.
Gih dem JJ!
Lol this is so hard to believe. Top of the food chain u talking bout here. Where u get this info from??

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2016, 07:41:52 PM »
Gih dem JJ!

DJW droolin all over heself in anticipation

EXCEPT

Transfers which involve a non-MLS club work the same way european transfers do, however, whenever you sell a player to a non-MLS club you will have to pay 33% of the transfer value as a commission to the MLS, or just 25% if the player had Home-Grown status;

So leh we say JJ get sell for US$1M (just using a nice easy figure...not what an actual transfer fee is likely to be)

MLS will get US330K

Seattle will get US$670K

UNLESS

JJ contract is such where no matter where he goes, at what stage of his career, his home club in T&T gets a cut of the transfer fee.

Now remember......the transfer fee is between the clubs

Then there are personal terms (salary, signing bonus, loyalty bonus, appearance bonus, incentives, sponsorship deals etc) that are all usually negotiated by an agent.  Of course the agent will get a cut as well.

So home teams are WAAAAAYYYYY down the list of priorities, if they on the list at all.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 12, 2016, 09:20:39 PM »
Gih dem JJ!
Lol this is so hard to believe. Top of the food chain u talking bout here. Where u get this info from??

I will reveal my sources when Palos reveal his.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 12, 2016, 09:27:18 PM »
Gih dem JJ!

Allyuh will have Joevin Sleepless in Seattle.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 12, 2016, 09:53:55 PM »
No "top 6" team in a major european league is even considering a 25+ year old mls player. :bs: :bs:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #191 on: December 12, 2016, 10:01:45 PM »
Gih dem JJ!

I have heard German clubs are interested, not sure about the others, but peong is not talking shit

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #192 on: December 12, 2016, 10:02:29 PM »
Gih dem JJ!

Allyuh will have Joevin Sleepless in Seattle.

:D

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #193 on: December 12, 2016, 10:07:21 PM »

Pep has serious problems at wing back and rumor is JJ on the radar

Interesting, I knew Bayern was mentioned in the mix with other bundesliga clubs but man city.. hmmm I like the psg rumour, ala dinho.. he will suit Barca well, in fact he will be one of the best wingers in the world if he wants it bad enough and works for it...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #194 on: December 12, 2016, 10:08:50 PM »
You want Pep get run outta town.

Bull, unknowns can make him look like a genius if it pans out.. pep has belly, not like people locally who can't scout the best player even if they are under their nose..

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 12, 2016, 10:32:17 PM »
He's valued at 300 thousand euros on transfermarket.com.....When last clubs like Man City pay those sort of pennies for a player. Let's keep with reality here fellas. Not gonna happen. MLS is not taken seriously in europe. Plus the added complication of work permit etc. It just not gonna happen. At 25+ he is already to old to make a move to a top epl team from mls. Had he been 16-19 then he would have had a chance.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2016, 10:58:17 PM »
He's valued at 300 thousand euros on transfermarket.com.....When last clubs like Man City pay those sort of pennies for a player. Let's keep with reality here fellas. Not gonna happen. MLS is not taken seriously in europe. Plus the added complication of work permit etc. It just not gonna happen. At 25+ he is already to old to make a move to a top epl team from mls. Had he been 16-19 then he would have had a chance.

That's a bargain for JJ, his age doesn't mean anything... he has 5-7 years of top flight football...more than enough to gamble on.. the work permit won't be a complication ... he could swing it in Germany and France...

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2016, 11:13:10 PM »
Man City just paid £47.5 million for 22 year old John Stones. I don't think they care to make bargains.

Again his age is everything in this. MLS is a considered a lower league. Any player coming from there would be seen as inferior and would need to make major improvements in order to cut it in any first and second leagues in europe. They not gonna "gamble" on a guy whose only exposure has been mls and who is already over 25. This isn't about "gambling".

He will be 26 soon. At 25 Ozil had been signed by Arsenal having already played for such teams as Schalke, Werder Bremen and Real Madrid and having made over 50 caps for Germany in a world cup and euro cup. Age is everything.

His 5-7 years of top flight football is irrelevant. Any move to a european club isn't going to be to a 'top flight" club. MLS just isn't on the radar for major european clubs looking for talent. There are too many available options right in europe.

Look in most quarters mls just isn't viewed as a serious league for development and talent etc.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2016, 11:19:18 PM »
Man City just paid £47.5 million for 22 year old John Stones. I don't think they care to make bargains.

Again his age is everything in this. MLS is a considered a lower league. Any player coming from there would be seen as inferior and would need to make major improvements in order to cut it in any first and second leagues in europe. They not gonna "gamble" on a guy whose only exposure has been mls and who is already over 25. This isn't about "gambling".

He will be 26 soon. At 25 Ozil had been signed by Arsenal having already played for such teams as Schalke, Werder Bremen and Real Madrid and having made over 50 caps for Germany in a world cup and euro cup. Age is everything.

His 5-7 years of top flight football is irrelevant. Any move to a european club isn't going to be to a 'top flight" club. MLS just isn't on the radar for major european clubs looking for talent. There are too many available options right in europe.

Look in most quarters mls just isn't viewed as a serious league for development and talent etc.

We agree to disagree my friend... what is impossible with man is possible to God

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 13, 2016, 06:40:51 AM »
Didn't jj went in a trial at ac Milan back in the day??? I know for sure it was a seria a club...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2016, 07:24:52 AM »

I take your broader point, but it happens that players valued even less than that (per transfermarkt data) have been on the radar of BIG clubs.

P.S. Don't ignore the distinction between valuation and what is paid ultimately.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 07:27:13 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 13, 2016, 07:35:01 AM »
It was Udinese. We saw some footage of him in training where he was gazing and they sent him home within a few days as they weren't impressed with what the saw.
Didn't jj went in a trial at ac Milan back in the day??? I know for sure it was a seria a club...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2016, 07:35:13 AM »

Be careful about blanket statements. Will name just one: Matt Miazga.

If you were to have looked at Miazga's transfermarkt valuation in September/October 2015, it would have been 100,000. Have a look now.

Granted, some extenuating factors however existed in his case, but they bore no relationship to valuation/cost.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 13, 2016, 07:52:53 AM »
This just doesn't sound plausible. No quotes just a regular socawarriors.net poster and a 26 year old Joevin's current form. MLS is at best mid-Champlionship and League 1 level that European clubs and sadly, even club supporters turn their noses up from the time you mention MLS. The only reason why I watch it sometimes is to see our local players, I can't get one Brit to feast their eyes on it. Over the years their have been a few that have been bought to the European scene but it's rare that they could hack it and they always ever have to return. Hope it works out for the young man but I just can't buy it without any proof. Premiership is about five notches up from MLS

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2016, 07:57:01 AM »
 Palos wreaking havoc again.  :salute:  :)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 13, 2016, 09:03:37 AM »
I feel he could play for a decent Portuguese or Dutch team easily. They appreciate technical players like him. I eh know what the work permit situation would be now.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 13, 2016, 07:35:55 PM »
Dude is playing at the level HE is comfortable with.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #207 on: December 13, 2016, 07:53:19 PM »

You know that for a fact? Gospel?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 13, 2016, 08:05:40 PM »

Wait all these ah feel, ah hear, ah think (most by you) and now you want me to provide concrete evidence 😒

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #209 on: December 13, 2016, 08:19:51 PM »

Wait all these ah feel, ah hear, ah think (most by you) and now you want me to provide concrete evidence 😒

Difference is I heard it from others, you positioned it like you hear it directly from him... two different things my friend..

1]; } ?>