When he feel like it
0 (0%)
Maybe in a next life
0 (0%)
Dah is dem other fellas job
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: November 24, 2017, 09:29:40 PM

Author Topic: Joevin Jones Thread  (Read 98079 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joevin Jones Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2016, 10:01:47 AM »
Watched most of the game last night.. Joevin's excellent pass out of defense is what lead to the first goal. But right after he was left in no man's land between two players and could not make up his mind and they equalized mere seconds after going ahead.

This team plays without a left midfielder as Dempsey starts on the left, but is clearly a central player. It showed a few times as Joevin was caught up field, and the team exploited the space he had left. This is something that the team has to solve in training, possibly changing their formation.

They played against a team that scouted them well and exploited their weaknesses....

That being said they are still in Pre-Season so it would be hard on them to really compete against a team in full season. MLS has to do something about that if they want to realistically challenge in this tournament in the future.

On Joevin's game.... 50-50. A few mistakes but mostly solid. Got in some good covering and tracking and a few 1 vs 1 tackles. I expect his play.....and the team's play to improve. Against lesser MLS opposition these problems might not even be evident.

I expected more from Seattle, and I agree with you regarding the calendar, buh lehwe also submit that MLS is a league out of step with the FIFA calendar. That's also influential.

I expected more from Seattle because América has been unimpressive in the league (yuh might look at the league table subject to my comments; buh trust meh ... it's misleading).

Here is the other thing doh: de altitude. Ought not be left out of the picture.

Seatte's passing last night was frequently imprecise. Best example of that: Dempsey guiding the flank to where he wanted the ball (one of his best attributes)... and the ball ends up near the corner flag!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2016, 10:04:10 AM »
Watched most of the game last night.. Joevin's excellent pass out of defense is what lead to the first goal. But right after he was left in no man's land between two players and could not make up his mind and they equalized mere seconds after going ahead.

Don't think he could have done much about it as the winger hit a one time pass. It was a well orchestrated goal.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9OtFJRMzaLc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9OtFJRMzaLc</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2016, 02:28:54 PM »

Don't think he could have done much about it as the winger hit a one time pass. It was a well orchestrated goal.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9OtFJRMzaLc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9OtFJRMzaLc</a>

Was now about to post almost word for word what you did here

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2016, 05:20:02 AM »
Joevin shifts focus to MLS season.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Joevin Jones played the full encounter but his Seattle Sounders suffered a 3-1 loss to Club America in the  Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League quarter final clash at the Azteca Stadium in Mexico City on Wednesday night. Sounders lost  the two-game series 5-3 on aggregate.

“It’s always tough playing at the Azteca but again it’s disappointing to be out of the Champions League. Hopefully we can get our heads back together and bounce back with a good start to the league,” said Jones who had one attempt on goal during the match.

“We had three leads,” Sounders head coach Sigi Schmid said. “And our leads have lasted like three minutes.” The Sounders will turn their focus toward the MLS regular season opener on Sunday against Sporting Kansas City at CenturyLink Field.

Jones is expected to return home later this month to join the national team for the two 2018 World Cup qualifiers against St Vincent/Grenadines on March 25 (Away) and March 29 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2016, 06:24:12 AM »
Seattle Sounders coach Sigi Schmid wants Joevin Jones to be more aggressive, especially in one-on-one situations against defenders.

This is unfprtunately a common denominator for many of the players. The TT Pro league is very relaxed when it comes to "aggressive" factor

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2016, 07:54:34 PM »
Joevin supersub! Scored a goal and created the chance for Jordan Morris's goal too! Seattle 2 x 0 DC United.

PS: DeLeon looked really bad this match.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2016, 05:37:02 AM »
Love his recovery and accl to get into position once they regained possession. A ball hog would have wanted a lateral pass in MF potentially killing the play.

Good goal JJ  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2016, 07:12:35 AM »
It was bittersweet night. Glad we homie scored. But meh team lost their 4th home game!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 08:35:11 AM by Deeks »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Seattle Sounders defender Joevin Jones shifts position, shines in win
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2016, 08:31:11 AM »
Seattle Sounders defender Joevin Jones shifts position, shines in win
By Cameron Rizzardini (SoundersFC.com)

Joevin Jones has a brand new bag and it’s playing winger for Seattle Sounders FC. The young fullback came into Wednesday’s match away at D.C. United late for midfielder Andreas Ivanschitz who was playing left wing with game locked at 0-0.

“We knew we could bring him on at left back or we felt maybe we’ll bring him on at left wing,” said head coach Sigi Schmid on his plan for Jones coming into the match. “We’ll see how the game goes.”

In the 74th minute, Schmid decided to forego Jones’ traditional fullback position and deployed him at left wing instead, where he made an immediate impact.

In the 79th minute, Jones exchanged a nice give and go with forward Jordan Morris setting himself up for a tight angle shot which forced D.C. United goalkeeper Bill Hamid to parry into the middle of the box. The ball fell to Morris, who found the narrow gap between two defenders and finished across Hamid for the go ahead goal and his fifth of the season.

“He [Jones] was a huge spark for us,” said Morris. “He came in and worked hard defensively and offensively…I’m really happy for him.”

Jones then grabbed a goal for himself in the 83rd minute when midfielder Osvaldo Alonso picked the pocket of midfielder Marcelo Sarvas and played Jones brilliantly into space. Jones then finished the chance by slotting the ball coolly between the outstretched arm and leg of Hamid with the composure of a seasoned striker. The goal was Jones’ first for the Sounders.

“It feels good to get my first goal for the Sounders,” said Jones after the match. “I feel great; I feel relief.”

While this may be a new position for Jones as a Sounder, he is no stranger to it in international play. Jones plays far up the field in most matches for his home county of Trinidad and Tobago.

“I’m accustomed to playing that position for my country,” said Jones. “I told Sigi I am comfortable there.”

Could this be a sign of things to come from Jones? With the season off to a rocky start and Schmid still fitting the pieces together in the team's new 4-3-3 formation, a performance like tonight certainly won’t go ignored. Schmid, however, was cautious to indicate that this could be a new spot for Jones moving forward.

“I still think he’s an outstanding attacking left back,” he told reporters. “I just think Joevin has so much talent. I just always want more so maybe I’m greedy and today he gave it to me.”
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:13:52 AM by Tallman »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2016, 03:11:10 AM »
Joevin joins Molino on MLS All Star Selection.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Joevin Jones has joined countryman Kevin Molino on the list of players who have made the final selection for those vying for a pick on the MLS All Star team to face Arsenal on July 28.

Molino made the cut last month and Jones who has been enjoying a fine run for Seattle Sounders in the past few matches was also added to the cast.  Jones scored his first goal for Seattle in a recent 2-0 win over DC United.

Both Jones and Molino are from Carenage and are gearing up for the September 2nd World Cup qualifier at home to Guatemala. Both players also missed T&T’s recent matches against China, Uruguay and Peru.

“It was a great feeling to get my first goal for Seattle. And now it feels good to be considered for the MLS All Stars. There are some great players up for the picks but hopefully either myself or Kevin (Molino) or maybe both of us can make the final team. As for now we are just both keeping focused for our clubs and getting ready for the next set of World Cup qualifiers, “ Jones said.

Fans can vote on via mlssoccer.com up until July 4.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2016, 05:12:55 AM »
MW in contention?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2016, 09:18:07 AM »
MW in contention?
I was wondering the same thing. He's made team of the week twice already this season. I would think he should be considered.

EDIT: Just checked. No MW! Sucks! Voted for Molino and JJ though.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 09:29:18 AM by Mose »
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2016, 07:27:33 AM »
WATCH: Joevin Jones scores a late goal in Seattle Sounders FC’s 2-0 win over Kitsap Pumas in the the 4th round of the US Open Cup.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/B_0lqGt6f0E?start=172" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/B_0lqGt6f0E?start=172</a>

WATCH: Post-match interview with Joevin Jones after his goal helped to seal a 2-0 win for the Seattle Sounders over Kitsap Pumas in the 4th round of the US Open Cup.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VTI1Ued2qpc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VTI1Ued2qpc</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2016, 11:46:44 PM »
JJ played left forward from the start.  I goin to check out a replay of the game to see how he was in that position.
Unfortunately he made a wayward pass in the back that led to NY's second goal.
Hopefully he learns from that.
I hope he keeps at it, he has a lot to offer in attack.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 11:49:16 PM by Peong »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2016, 05:03:15 AM »
JJ played left forward from the start.  I goin to check out a replay of the game to see how he was in that position.
Unfortunately he made a wayward pass in the back that led to NY's second goal.
Hopefully he learns from that.
I hope he keeps at it, he has a lot to offer in attack.
His defensive lapse lead to the first goal too. Hopefully he can pick his head up.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2016, 02:01:52 PM »
Earlier in the week one poster was surprised that Joevin hadn't been picked up by a Premier League team as he believed that he had the quality. These lapses in concentration and the ability to be switched on for 90 minutes are his biggest flaws. The last game against USA he was totally absent in the second half. Remember when he had that trial at Udinese and we saw highlights of him training where he was just gazing while they had a scrimmage? Well thats another example. His mental toughness, concentration and tactical awareness are his biggest faults. No doubting his technical ability though.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2016, 10:10:59 PM »
His mental toughness, concentration and tactical awareness are his biggest faults. No doubting his technical ability though.

Mental toughness eh?

How many other players would have had the "mental toughness" to deliver a ball of quality for Yohance Marshall to score in the last seconds of the game with his team behind against Mexico, with all Linda missiles raining down on him from the stands?

Talk about convenient amnesia
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2016, 03:29:48 AM »
His mental toughness, concentration and tactical awareness are his biggest faults. No doubting his technical ability though.

Mental toughness eh?

How many other players would have had the "mental toughness" to deliver a ball of quality for Yohance Marshall to score in the last seconds of the game with his team behind against Mexico, with all Linda missiles raining down on him from the stands?

Talk about convenient amnesia

Doh study them Palas .....

JJ is a f00cking boss !!!!!

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2016, 04:15:31 AM »
Earlier in the week one poster was surprised that Joevin hadn't been picked up by a Premier League team as he believed that he had the quality. These lapses in concentration and the ability to be switched on for 90 minutes are his biggest flaws. The last game against USA he was totally absent in the second half. Remember when he had that trial at Udinese and we saw highlights of him training where he was just gazing while they had a scrimmage? Well thats another example. His mental toughness, concentration and tactical awareness are his biggest faults. No doubting his technical ability though.

Man had a not so good game and you judging him based on that?

Let's just say he did go to a PL for shots and giggles, just imagine how much more he'd develop his already great talents!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2016, 03:42:09 PM »
joevin had ah ok game attacking from fullback, but again lapsed on the LA goal......he's my countryman eh, but his defensive and positional awareness questionable doh fancy him as a LWB at all at least d defensive part, should be given more time at LW IMO
I pity the fool....

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2016, 05:23:00 PM »
joevin had ah ok game attacking from fullback, but again lapsed on the LA goal......he's my countryman eh, but his defensive and positional awareness questionable doh fancy him as a LWB at all at least d defensive part, should be given more time at LW IMO
Yep. More than once they catch him sleeping in that game. He do alright going forward, but he eh really start going forward until middle of the second half.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2016, 06:34:27 AM »
Let's just hope his concentration is 100% in games, if/when we get to the Hex.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 06:38:59 AM by Thomo »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2016, 05:24:39 AM »
WATCH: Joevin Jones scores his second goal of the season in Seattle Sounders’ 5-0 rout of FC Dallas.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8FcyIB4JA5Q?start=162" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8FcyIB4JA5Q?start=162</a>

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2016, 03:04:58 PM »
get subbed off today. didn't like how he played...and would even go as far as to blame him for 2 of the goals. obviously the 1v1 losing his man. but the one before was just lazy running back so his central defender had to cover Jones' man and the shooter. arguably our 2nd best player fighting up with men who can't even make the US squad. but on the bright side he not playing left back for tnt and Hart would get in his ear if he was trying to run like that for tnt. and going forward he did earn quite a few corners. We have a long road ahead in this WC campaign but i think we could scrape it...still in the scrappy underdog role.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2016, 03:18:03 PM »
get subbed off today. didn't like how he played...and would even go as far as to blame him for 2 of the goals. obviously the 1v1 losing his man. but the one before was just lazy running back so his central defender had to cover Jones' man and the shooter. arguably our 2nd best player fighting up with men who can't even make the US squad. but on the bright side he not playing left back for tnt and Hart would get in his ear if he was trying to run like that for tnt. and going forward he did earn quite a few corners. We have a long road ahead in this WC campaign but i think we could scrape it...still in the scrappy underdog role.

He is not a LWB, is either LB or LW, and I prefer LW, simply because he does not read the game well enough defensively for that kind of double duty. he is especially prone to getting turned on the backpedal when attacks breakdown. won't have much of a future at Sounders if he continues to get owned the way he has been over the past weeks.
I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2016, 06:45:42 PM »
No trinis in the all star squad vs Arsenal.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2016, 04:04:34 PM »
good game today stayed alert had some nice crosses and coulda score..shoulda do better with d chance to be honest....but did good nonetheless.
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>