When he feel like it
0 (0%)
Maybe in a next life
0 (0%)
Dah is dem other fellas job
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: November 24, 2017, 09:29:40 PM

Author Topic: Joevin Jones Thread  (Read 98104 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joevin Jones Thread
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2016, 06:15:46 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2016, 09:33:41 AM »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2016, 09:06:22 PM »
another assist today. seems like they relieve him of the defensive duties and he out and out winging.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2016, 06:37:32 AM »
That was yesterday. Sunday night he was playing defense.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2016, 08:29:38 AM »
I don't like to judge based on highlights cuz yuh doh see all the hard work but in the previous game I saw him make a mistake that allowed a striker to get through on goal. In defense he has been kinda shaky at times.

Good for him to come on and help rescue a point. The pass was brilliant to be honest. He ketch everybody trying to block nearer the goal.

Even when he playing left back he occupies that attacking space on the left so might as well play him in midfield.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2016, 08:44:18 AM »
I still find him a bit docile when playing for the Sounders, we only get glimpses of what we know he can do much more regularly.

Schmid encouraged him to be more attacking and played him in more advanced positions at times so i don't think its a matter of the team tactics forcing him to be more defensive.

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2016, 11:34:10 AM »
I don't like to judge based on highlights cuz yuh doh see all the hard work but in the previous game I saw him make a mistake that allowed a striker to get through on goal. In defense he has been kinda shaky at times.

Good for him to come on and help rescue a point. The pass was brilliant to be honest. He ketch everybody trying to block nearer the goal.

Even when he playing left back he occupies that attacking space on the left so might as well play him in midfield.

If you're referring to the bad pass straight to the opposing player, yeah, I saw that. Apart from that though he didn't have a bad game. Just didn't have much impact on the offensive end. I seem to remember one decent run forward and a couple of nice passes out of the defense, up to the forwards. However, I did notice several occasions when he was free in space on the left and they chose to play the ball out to the right.

I still find him a bit docile when playing for the Sounders, we only get glimpses of what we know he can do much more regularly.

Schmid encouraged him to be more attacking and played him in more advanced positions at times so i don't think its a matter of the team tactics forcing him to be more defensive.

Agreed, apparently even the new team tactics encourages both fullbacks to make outside runs to help on the offensive end. I also remember a review of one of his first games with the team which mentioned his ability to control the entire left side of the field.

My suspicion is that he hasn't quite worked out or perfected how to balance his defensive responsibilities with his offensive responsibilities hence his tendency to disappear during games.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2016, 01:14:59 PM »

If you're referring to the bad pass straight to the opposing player, yeah, I saw that. Apart from that though he didn't have a bad game. Just didn't have much impact on the offensive end. I seem to remember one decent run forward and a couple of nice passes out of the defense, up to the forwards. However, I did notice several occasions when he was free in space on the left and they chose to play the ball out to the right.

Agreed, apparently even the new team tactics encourages both fullbacks to make outside runs to help on the offensive end. I also remember a review of one of his first games with the team which mentioned his ability to control the entire left side of the field.

My suspicion is that he hasn't quite worked out or perfected how to balance his defensive responsibilities with his offensive responsibilities hence his tendency to disappear during games.

Glad you noticed it as well but last time I mentioned his lapses in concentration I got berated for it. Good technical player but that's his only fault.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2016, 06:27:55 PM »
Wish things had gone differently in Italy, even if Serie B. When a Latin American commentator calls a player a "crack", that eh no light comment.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2016, 08:24:47 PM »
Wish things had gone differently in Italy, even if Serie B. When a Latin American commentator calls a player a "crack", that eh no light comment.

still can't believe that Seattle won't let him play higher up the wings more often
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2016, 08:29:31 PM »

still can't believe that Seattle won't let him play higher up the wings more often

The best outcome would be for someone to plug him away from Seattle but he would need more international exposure for that to happen.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2016, 08:36:38 PM »

The best outcome would be for someone to plug him away from Seattle but he would need more international exposure for that to happen.

true...very true
I pity the fool....

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2016, 09:02:04 PM »
2nd goal. Goal of the night.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2016, 09:11:21 PM »
Goals were great, but I did not find JJ played that great tonite.  our mid gave  Guat. too much time to play their game.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 06:33:26 AM by Deeks »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2016, 10:29:42 PM »
Joe doesn't even know how good he is and can be.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2016, 05:10:59 PM »
Ah think Joevin plays better on the right, wha allyuh say?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2016, 05:53:25 PM »

boy...he is a decent wingback but if you free him from that defensive responsibility he is a monster

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2016, 06:00:54 PM »

boy...he is a decent wingback but if you free him from that defensive responsibility he is a monster

found this earlier today apparently many sounders fans doh know what he capable of......there is only 4 comments but the general sentiment seems to be shock, and surprise. but he cyar do dat from wingback d mental sharpness jus not dey for dat, sad to say

but to repeat dey wasting him
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2016, 04:02:19 PM »
WATCH: Joevin Jones provides the assist on the Seattle Sounders FC’s opening goal in their 2-1 win over Vancouver Whitecaps.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/m-imqZ143NU?start=72" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/m-imqZ143NU?start=72</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2016, 10:22:25 PM »
Winning assist in the 88th minute tonight.  :applause:

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2016, 11:25:29 AM »
Unfortunately, didn't do much before that. But then the same could be said about the whole Sounders team. They got away with one last night. And on top of that the goal was actually offside. Say what, that's the way it goes some times.  :beermug:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2016, 12:33:09 PM »
WATCH: Joevin Jones provides the assist on Seattle Sounders FC’s game-winning goal against Sporting Kansas City which sees them advance to the MLS Western Conference Semifinals.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sukgvDiVphE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sukgvDiVphE</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2016, 08:50:04 PM »
Joevin with another assist, cross to Valdez again to score a header.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2016, 08:57:13 PM »
JJ with another assist for the 3rd goal....in fact his pass led to the 2nd goal as well

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2016, 08:57:54 PM »
JJ, having a night. He made a long pass for another assist. 2 assist. Hope that rubs off on the MNT.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2016, 10:10:54 PM »
really good performance by Joevin tonight. if wiki right & he's only 25 i really wish his agent will show him a path up from the mls as soon as these playoffs finish.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2016, 07:14:13 AM »
WATCH: Defender Joevin Jones provides two assists in Seattle Sounders FC’s 3-0 win over FC Dallas

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/i48ukh1q73E?start=92" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/i48ukh1q73E?start=92</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2016, 08:26:50 AM »
Better game by JJ last night. The Sounders team as a whole played much better than they did on Thursday though.  :beermug:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2016, 03:04:18 PM »
Better game by JJ last night. The Sounders team as a whole played much better than they did on Thursday though.  :beermug:

he played a key ball in all three goals too, I fancy him more as a passer/receiver type player than an out and out runner.....
I pity the fool....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2016, 03:52:40 PM »

he played a key ball in all three goals too, I fancy him more as a passer/receiver type player than an out and out runner.....
u mean like a footballer, but who on we side do u fancy as an out an out runner..or any side, just tryin to see your line of reference.. ???

1]; } ?>