When he feel like it
0 (0%)
Maybe in a next life
0 (0%)
Dah is dem other fellas job
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: November 24, 2017, 09:29:40 PM

Author Topic: Joevin Jones Thread  (Read 98107 times)

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Man City looking at Joevin Jones?
« Reply #210 on: December 13, 2016, 10:52:21 PM »
Not happening....

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Man City looking at Joevin Jones?
« Reply #211 on: December 14, 2016, 08:14:52 AM »
smh@this thread....

Look at bacchanal Palos caused
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Joevin Jones Thread
« Reply #212 on: January 09, 2017, 04:10:44 PM »
Doh get tie up

Allyuh think Joevin goin and risk getting injured in de FIFA equivalent of a passa passa football tournament ahead of his medical with Man City?

January window is now.  Saintfiet lookin to cause stress for Joevin by his utterances.  Thankfully actions speak louder than words
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #213 on: January 09, 2017, 04:14:45 PM »
Doh get tie up

Allyuh think Joevin goin and risk getting injured in de FIFA equivalent of a passa passa football tournament ahead of his medical with Man City?

January window is now.  Saintfiet lookin to cause stress for Joevin by his utterances.  Thankfully actions speak louder than words

People locally really blind fam, they undervalue their own people and praise others aboard who are mediocre lol it's a joke

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 25, 2017, 11:46:52 AM »
Anything on this fella?? I did a google search, and not even a whifff of a transfer rumor going around!???!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 25, 2017, 02:49:27 PM »
Anything on this fella?? I did a google search, and not even a whifff of a transfer rumor going around!???!

This thread didn't come up? How much more rumor you want!!  ;D

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 25, 2017, 10:02:13 PM »
On TV tonight they were covering Dempsey returning to training with the team and I saw JJ in the mix so all is well with him in Seattle.

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 03, 2017, 08:44:36 AM »
There was a fan pool in MLS subreddit about the best XI on the league. Molino and Joevin are part of it.

Joevin has the lowest salary on the team for a non rookie: $70k per year.

- 5/11 are DPs
- 4/11 are TAM level (almost DP). Molino is one of these.
- 1/11 is a rookie ($62k per year)
- Joevin Jones

« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 08:48:27 AM by andremartinsc »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 05, 2017, 09:40:22 PM »
Joevin Jones, thy name is All-Star

So we had a pretty good inkling Joevin Jones was going to be in for a good year this preseason. He was probably the Sounders’ best player over the life of the 2017 preseason, and entering the regular season there were precious few left backs league-wide who could legitimately claim to be on better form. On Saturday, he proved those claims were no myth. This is the best Jones has ever looked.

Jones pumped in dangerous cross after dangerous cross on Saturday, and the majority of the Sounders’ best goal-bound opportunities were generated off his left flank. Ever since arriving in Seattle we’ve known Jones had the speed to push width and create danger on the overlap, but his one-on-one defending was often stressed to a breaking point due to his need to track back from such high positions. Considering he was up against the youthful Alberth Elis, one of the best offseason acquisitions in the league, Saturday’s matchup was of particular interest.

There was certainly a feeling-out period between the two in the first half, but Jones simply wore Elis down over the course of the match. By the time there were 20 minutes left, Elis was gassed and Jones looked like he was still fit enough to run a marathon. The Sounders’ back line was quality in the run of play all night, and Jones was its lodestar. But more than that, he ground a young, spry winger into dust.

We’ve known for some time Jones had all the potential in the world. It seems he’s getting dangerously close to realizing the whole lot of it.

http://www.soundersfc.com/post/2017/03/04/seattle-sounders-clint-dempsey-joevin-jones-houston-dynamo
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 05, 2017, 11:57:45 PM »
watched most of the game. He has that side locked down. im an advocate of playing both him and levi on that side at the start of the game against panama. i think that they will expose any shortcomings that are available. im hoping for a partnership much like spann and edwards had on the right side during the germany campaign
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 16, 2017, 07:07:14 PM »

Joevin draped in the 🇹🇹🇹🇹

http://tinyurl.com/l4kqooo

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 20, 2017, 05:12:29 AM »
WATCH: Joevin Jones shows off a slick piece of skill by nutmegging a defender on the byline to help create a goal for Seattle Sounders against New York Red Bulls.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7mOFpW4ZHNw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7mOFpW4ZHNw</a>

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 20, 2017, 07:32:10 AM »
Watched the game last night, the MLS starting to see the talent we knew for years and he is flourishing. Schmetzer has unleashed the chains and adjusted his tactics to give Joevin more freedom by tucking his midfielders in. He is emerging as integral to the Sounders attacking unit, bombing down the left and his teammates are recognizing him with consistent possession. Whether it be instructional or just his own confidence you are seeing more skill on the ball too, more dribbles which of course is a bit more risky but always in the attacking third so the chance of reward is good.

His conditioning is remarkable, he plays the full 90 at the same pace and at speed. Hopeful he could maintain form at club and international level for 2017.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #223 on: April 01, 2017, 02:50:33 PM »
Joevin: Still everything to play for.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Joevin Jones has described this country’s 1-0 defeat to Mexico as “Unlucky” as he reflected on Tuesday’s 2018 World Cup qualifier in which his disallowed first half strike was a focal point.

Jones started both matches including the 1-0 victory over Panama and now while his focus returns to Seattle Sounders in American Major League Soccer, Jones is keeping a keen eye on T&T’s two qualifying matches on the road to United Stated and Costa Rica on June 8th and June 13th respectively.
“I think we just barely missed out on our mission to get six points or at least four from the two games,” Jones told TTFA Media on Saturday.

“Going into the games, I think we were under a bit of pressure because we know how badly we needed a result against Panama but the boys came up big and we got the win thanks to a goal by Kevin (Molino). I think the coach laid out his plans and the boys delivered. But the game was not easy because Panama were strong and they made us work hard for the win,” Jones said.

“Mexico was alway going to be tough because they are a powerhouse but we also knew that once we kept our focus and stuck to a game plan the new could match them. Looking back now I think we showed up well and we had them on the backfoot for some time. Unluckily for us, things didn’t go our way and I am disappointed because I feel we had a very good chance of coming away with points from the second game,” said the former W Connection man.

About the disallowed goal, Jones added: “What can I say, the referee made the call when the assistant raised his flag. At the time It felt onside but I also thought it was close but then after the match when I saw the video replays, I thought it was an unlucky call against us. Who knows how the game would have gone.

“But we have six games to go and everything to play for. Playing on the road in the next two games is going to be a challenge but I believe in the squad and the coaching staff and I think once we can keep our heads together and continue working hard then we can get some points on the road and set things up for our next set of games in Trinidad,” Jones said.

Jones (J) started for Seattle in Friday’s 0-0 draw with Atlanta United with Kenwyne Jones coming off the bench in the second half and almost stealing a late winner only for his attempt from inside the box to be blocked by a Seattle player.

Video - Extras - T&T vs Mexico

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #224 on: April 05, 2017, 04:45:47 AM »
Jostling for Joevin!
TTFA Media.

T&T left back waits on new deal

Trinidad and Tobago’s Joevin Jones has become one of the most talked about defenders in American Major League Soccer at the moment.

According to a report on Seattle Sounders’ official website, “Joevin Jones’ performance since the beginning of the 2016 MLS Cup Playoffs has been nothing short of spectacular.”

The 25-year-old left back has five assists in his last eleven matches dating back to last season, including the game-winner in three of the last five Sounders wins prior to the two World Cup qualifiers for T&T in March.

“He’s the best left back in MLS,” said Sounders midfielder Cristian Roldan. “He’s that good. Joevin is unpredictable. You see it in Jordan [Morris’] goal where [Jones] ‘megs the guy and passes it to [Nicolas Lodeiro].”

Jones, a former player with W Connection, has a contract that ends in December but already there are a few clubs eying the T&T player. It is understood that clubs from the German Bundesliga, Spanish La Liga, the Mexican First Division and also another unnamed club in France have been keeping track of the 25-year-old player.

At the moment though, Jones’ future is still undecided as Seattle are yet to hold any talks regarding his possible future at the club. There were some Seattle fans in Port of Spain last week who came out to support Jones and the T&T team against Panama and Mexico and they were asking questions about his future, saying they would love for him to remain with the club past the current season.

T&T’s ESPN analyst Shaka Hislop spoke about Jones’ versatility on the field of play.

“Joevin plays different roles for T&T and the Seattle Sounders, which speaks of his versatility. But his deeper position for Seattle doesn’t tell the story of his importance for T&T. I have said many times in the past, and continue to believe, that Joevin is easily our most important player,a responsibility he readily accepts,” Hislop told TTFA Media.

The former Newcastle and West Ham United custodian went on to describe Jones as the modern day left back.

“Joevin is a modern day left back- very good going forward and very solid defensively. As Seattle continues to develop and build on the MLS Cup triumph it’s important that they recognize that championship teams maintain that all-over-the-field balance,” Hislop added.

His countryman Kevin Molino, currently wearing Minnesota United colours, said he wouldn’t mind playing on the same club side as Jones at some point in his career.

“Joevin Jones is a very special player in my eyes with unbelievable talent. To me any club in the world will love to have a player like that in their team,” Molino said.

“Joevin is a very important part of the Seattle and the Trinidad and Tobago team. In a 1 v 1 situation both in defence and attack he can get a job done. As an attacking player he is so special. I wish one day we can play with the same club,” Molino continued.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 12:14:47 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 05, 2017, 06:12:14 AM »
This is really funny. Allyuh remember a few years ago, JJ went on trial with the Italian Sirie A team( can't remember the name). But he did not make it. I remember a video of him playing in the practice games on the thread. He was lambasted for his lack of ambition. His lackadaisical manner. He timid. Pro league product eh good. But at 26, allyuh  think verdict still out on him?

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 05, 2017, 07:03:45 AM »
This is really funny. Allyuh remember a few years ago, JJ went on trial with the Italian Sirie A team( can't remember the name). But he did not make it. I remember a video of him playing in the practice games on the thread. He was lambasted for his lack of ambition. His lackadaisical manner. He timid. Pro league product eh good. But at 26, allyuh  think verdict still out on him?
Udinese. And he was out of his depth that time, ball watching but he has improved a lot since then. The article states and unnamed club in France but also fails to name the other clubs. Non story unless they can back up this with names n quotes

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 05, 2017, 07:46:36 AM »

The verdict is still out because the problem wasn't lack of talent or lack of ability or lack of skill. Lack of confidence maybe. JJ has the ability to dominate a game if, and when, he decides to impose himself and that is what teams are noticing.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 05, 2017, 08:27:06 AM »

Toronto FC didn't take him to and to be honest, they were right because at de time his confidence was low and he didn't show them his true ability, so you can blame them.

Joevin is a boss and his confidence is up he will improve even more. I find he still need to work consistently and he does tend to varnish for periods of his game.

Joevin was very shy to, nut now he coach in de MLS and Hart help him build that.

But all in all, de man is a baller.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 05, 2017, 09:34:18 AM »
European clubs eye Joevin Jones.
T&T Newsday Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Joevin Jones has become one of the most talked about defenders in American Major League Soccer at the moment.

According to a report on Seattle Sounders’ official website, “Joevin Jones’ performance since the beginning of the 2016 MLS Cup Playoffs has been nothing short of spectacular.”

The 25-year-old left back has five assists in his last eleven matches dating back to last season, including the game-winner in three of the last five Sounders wins prior to the two World Cup qualifiers for TT in March.

He also lashed in a screamer against Mexico in a World Cup qualifier on March 28 that was incorrectly ruled offside and was a constant thorn for the Mexicans with his pace and skill.

“He’s the best left back in MLS,” said Sounders midfielder Cristian Roldan. “He’s that good. Joevin is unpredictable. You see it in Jordan [Morris’] goal where [Jones] ‘megs’ the guy and passes it to [Nicolas Lodeiro].”

Jones, a former player with W Connection, has a contract that ends in December but already there are a few clubs eying the T&T player. It is understood that clubs from the German Bundesliga, Spanish La Liga, the Mexican First Division and also another unnamed club in France have been keeping track of the 25 year old. At the moment though, Jones’ future is still undecided as Seattle are yet to hold any talks regarding his possible future at the club.

There were some Seattle fans in Port of Spain last week who came out to support Jones and the TT team against Panama and Mexico and they were asking questions about his future, saying they would love for him to remain with the club past the current season.

Former national goalkeeper and current ESPN analyst Shaka Hislop spoke about Jones’ versatility on the field of play.

“Joevin plays different roles for TT and the Seattle Sounders, which speaks of his versatility.

But his deeper position for Seattle doesn’t tell the story of his importance for T&T. I have said many times in the past, and continue to believe, that Joevin is easily our most important player,a responsibility he readily accepts,” Hislop told TTFA Media.

The former Newcastle and West Ham United custodian went on to describe Jones as the modern day left back.

“Joevin is a modern day left back - very good going forward and very solid defensively. As Seattle continues to develop and build on the MLS Cup triumph, it’s important that they recognise that championship teams maintain that all-over-the-field balance,” Hislop added.

His countryman Kevin Molino, currently wearing Minnesota United colours, said he wouldn’t mind playing on the same club side as Jones at some point in his career.

“Joevin Jones is a very special player in my eyes with unbelievable talent. To me any club in the world will love to have a player.

RELATED NEWS

Jostlin’ for Joevin.
T&T Express Reports.

The 25-year-old left back has five assists in his last eleven matches dating back to last season, including the game-winner in three of the last five Sounders wins prior to the two World Cup qualifiers for T&T in March.

“He’s the best left back in MLS,” said Sounders midfielder Cristian Roldan. “He’s that good. Joevin is unpredictable. You see it in Jordan [Morris’] goal where [Jones] ‘megs the guy and passes it to [Nicolas Lodeiro].”

Jones, a former player with W Connection, has a contract that ends in December but already, there are a few clubs eyeing the T&T player. It is understood that clubs from the German Bundesliga, Spanish La Liga, the Mexican First Division and also another unnamed club in France have been keeping track of the 25-year-old player.

At the moment though, Jones’ future is still undecided as Seattle are yet to hold any talks regarding his possible future at the club. There were some Seattle fans in Port of Spain last week who came out to support Jones and the T&T team against Panama and Mexico and they were asking questions about his future, saying they would love for him to remain with the club past the current season.

T&T’s ESPN analyst Shaka Hislop spoke about Jones’ versatility on the field of play.

“Joevin plays different roles for T&T and the Seattle Sounders, which speaks of his versatility. But his deeper position for Seattle doesn’t tell the story of his importance for T&T. I have said many times in the past, and continue to believe, that Joevin is easily our most important player,a responsibility he readily accepts,” Hislop told TTFA Media.

“Joevin is a modern day left back- very good going forward and very solid defensively. As Seattle continues to develop and build on the MLS Cup triumph, it’s important that they recognise that championship teams maintain that all-over-the-field balance,” Hislop added.

“Joevin Jones is a very special player in my eyes with unbelievable talent. To me, any club in the world will love to have a player like that in their team,” Molino said.

“Joevin is a very important part of the Seattle and the Trinidad and Tobago team. In a one versus one situation both in defence and attack, he can get a job done. As an attacking player, he is so special. I wish one day we can play with the same club,” Molino continued.

Yuh mean to tell me, Newsday and the Express publish the exact, same article? Invisible hand ting.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 06, 2017, 08:26:43 AM »

Toronto FC didn't take him to and to be honest, they were right because at de time his confidence was low and he didn't show them his true ability, so you can blame them.

Joevin is a boss and his confidence is up he will improve even more. I find he still need to work consistently and he does tend to varnish for periods of his game.

Joevin was very shy to, nut now he coach in de MLS and Hart help him build that.

But all in all, de man is a baller.

They might have been right then but I'm sure they were kicking themselves after the MLS Cup final!  :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 06, 2017, 08:51:01 AM »

Fact is, he wasn't ready then. Even at Chicago he was inconsistent, and during the first half of last season, Seattle fans were either singing his praises or lashing him hard. It's taken time for him to blossom into the player we all knew he could be.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 06, 2017, 10:46:21 AM »

Fact is, he wasn't ready then. Even at Chicago he was inconsistent, and during the first half of last season, Seattle fans were either singing his praises or lashing him hard. It's taken time for him to blossom into the player we all knew he could be.

One thing is for sure in my mind.  Had he stayed in T&T....he wouldn't become that player we all knew he could be.

This is what happens with currently our most talented player....by some distance.  He had to leave, learn, adapt, and grow in a decent league to start realizing his potential

But some people want a local based squad to play WCQ's for us?  AND BE SUCCESSFUL

I read somewhere where someone said we have the best talent in CONCACAF.  I struggle to understand based on what?  And the poster appeared to be very serious.  That poster isn't alone.

Fot the life of me, I don't know where that sentiment comes from
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 12:39:33 PM by palos »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 06, 2017, 11:27:16 AM »

One thing is for sure in my mind.  Had he stayed in T&T....he wouldn't become that player we all knew he could be.

This is what happens with currently our most talented player....by some distance.  He had to leave, learn, adapt, and grow in a decent league to start realizing his potential

But some people want a local based squad to play WCQ's for us?

I read somewhere where someone said we have the best talent in CONCACAF.  I struggle to understand based on what?  And the poster appeared to be very serious.  That poster isn't alone.

Fot the life of me, I don't know where that sentiment comes from

d prez and all d pro league clubs been pushin dat head long time....whether is jus to put more players on d shop floor or genuine overestimation of our powers, dat sentiment as delusional as it may be, is very real, even among d local player themselves, what for me is scary is that the difference in tempo is obvious between d locals and foreign based, yet locals who aspire to national duty don't attempt to maintain and or encourage dat shift in tempo at their clubs......hell d club coaches should take note and be the first to up d tempo.....but den d prez is ah club owner and connection's ponderously plodding player still persist like d other clubs in d pro league.
I pity the fool....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 06, 2017, 12:40:39 PM »
d prez and all d pro league clubs been pushin dat head long time....whether is jus to put more players on d shop floor or genuine overestimation of our powers, dat sentiment as delusional as it may be, is very real, even among d local player themselves, what for me is scary is that the difference in tempo is obvious between d locals and foreign based, yet locals who aspire to national duty don't attempt to maintain and or encourage dat shift in tempo at their clubs......hell d club coaches should take note and be the first to up d tempo.....but den d prez is ah club owner and connection's ponderously plodding player still persist like d other clubs in d pro league.

Preach!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 12, 2017, 11:04:42 AM »
Joevin Jones and Seattle Sounders in Vancouver this Friday against the Whitecaps

Looking forward to seeing him in action

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 26, 2017, 09:44:16 AM »
Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders): $96,166
The Trinidad and Tobago international might be the biggest steal in the league. He's turned himself into one of the best fullbacks around and helped Seattle capture MLS Cup a year ago. The only problem for the Sounders is his contract is running out and they may lose him to Europe for nothing, but they've got him on the cheap for now.

The 10 best bargains in MLS.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #237 on: April 26, 2017, 10:05:28 AM »
Needs to leave the mls

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 26, 2017, 12:31:06 PM »
Needs to leave the mls
why ? when did he sign that contract ? when is he signing the next, with whom ?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:42:06 PM by maxg »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 26, 2017, 03:03:05 PM »
Needs to leave the mls
why ? when did he sign that contract ? when is he signing the next, with whom ?

Read somewhere that his contract runs till the end of the season so it will be an easy pick up for a club in the 2018 January transfer window.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

1]; } ?>