When he feel like it
0 (0%)
Maybe in a next life
0 (0%)
Dah is dem other fellas job
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: November 24, 2017, 09:29:40 PM

Author Topic: Joevin Jones Thread  (Read 98103 times)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joevin Jones Thread
« Reply #270 on: July 24, 2017, 12:38:07 PM »
that pass was sublime but those commentators will never recognize that ...will only talk about Brad Evans

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 24, 2017, 03:53:45 PM »
This not our football league.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Joevin Jones providing assists at a record pace | Who's the Best?
« Reply #272 on: July 27, 2017, 06:37:39 PM »
Joevin Jones providing assists at a record pace | Who's the Best?
By Andrew Winner (MLSsoccer.com)

The angle was small; the ball’s flight path to the attacker, almost non-existent. Nevertheless, Seattle’s Joevin Jones saw the opening and managed to fade in a cross with the outside of his left foot.

The result? A Brad Evans goal and a Jones assist -- the latter becoming quite commonplace in 2017.

That assist -- coming in last Wednesday’s 4-3 victory over D.C. United -- was Jones’ second of the match and part of a three-assist week for the Trinidadian. Seattle’s left back has now tallied nine assists on the season, just one behind the trio of league leaders in that statistical category.

How rare is that? Well, the Sounders Twitter account reports that it’s the most assists by a defender* since 2003 (San Jose’s Brian Mullan).

It also sets Jones on a path to be one of the most prolific attacking defenders in league history.

(*Since players often play different positions, there’s no definitive measure of the most assists by a defender in league history. For example, Mullan often played as a midfielder in 2003 and even Jones has occasionally been deployed as a midfielder in 2017, making reliable measurement of the stat a challenge.)

We looked at the Audi Player Index numbers to find out how Jones’ season compares to defenders across the league.

What we learned was that Jones finds success by camping out in the opponent’s territory. The 25-year-old leads among all defenders in successful passing in the opposition's half and successful passing in final third.

He is also second in the league amongst defenders in two categories: take-ons won and corners won.

Jones generally plays as the left back in Seattle’s four-man backline. However, as this network passing graph from Sunday's 3-0 win against the San Jose Earthquakes shows, he plays in a more advanced role when he plays as a midfielder. His average position has him ahead of everyone on the team, save target forward Will Bruin. (Jones wears No. 33; Bruin is No. 17.)

Each number represents the location of the corresponding player's aggregate touch, while the thickness of the lines connecting them represents the volume of passes exchanged.

An advanced role is not new to Jones -- his country regularly uses him as a midfielder. It appears that Sounders coach Brian Schmetzer has also given him license to roam forward and pick out final balls. Jones has rewarded that confidence with his gaudy assists total.

The results have the Sounders surging in July. We’ll see if Jones can keep it going on Saturday night against an LA Galaxy backline that has struggled with injury and inconsistency at times this season (10 pm ET, ESPN, MLS LIVE).
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 28, 2017, 06:36:41 AM »
Man contract ending in December...no renewal talks? I wonder what teams scouting this talented baller!? He will be great in any league he goes too! Best player in the team as of now!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2017, 12:19:43 PM »
I'm seeing reports of Joevin signing with darmstadt in Germany. Anybody can confirm?
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2017, 12:34:18 PM »
I'm seeing reports of Joevin signing with darmstadt in Germany. Anybody can confirm?

https://www.sv98.de/home/

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2017, 12:48:23 PM »
Lasana just confirmed he's going to 2nd div with the chance to play in the bundeliga with a promotion of the club

I mentioned in an earlier post months ago about German teams having an eye on him

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 30, 2017, 12:56:22 PM »
Dem fellas not givin Contro he dues
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.sounderatheart.com/platform/amp/2017/7/30/16065586/joevin-jones-darmstadt-germany

Joevin Jones will join German club in January.
By Jeremiah Oshan (sounderatheart).

Sounders left back will finish this season before joining Darmstadt.

For months, rumors have been circulating about interest overseas in Joevin Jones’ services. There was more truth to them than many of us thought.

Jones has signed a pre-contract with 2. Bundesliga side SV Darmstadt 98, the club announced on Sunday. Jones will apparently finish out this season with the Sounders and join Darmstadt in January, likely on a free transfer. It had previously been reported that this was the final year of Jones’ contract. As long as the Sounders made a “bonafide” offer, they’d at least retain the 25-year-old’s rights if he were to return to MLS.

“It is a big step in my career, which I absolutely want to use,” Jones said in a team release.

SV Darmstadt 98 is managed by German national team legend Torsten Frings, who also played parts of two seasons with Toronto FC. He was hired about midway through last season, taking over Darmstadt when they were at the bottom of the Bundesliga table. He was unable to keep them from relegation. Darmstadt had ended a 33-year run outside of the top flight when they earned promotion ahead of the 2015-16 season.

"We are very happy that Joevin has chosen the Lilies,” Frings said in a team release. “He was an absolute favorite of us, who we would rather have in our team today than tomorrow and will help us immediately after his arrival.”

Jones is in the midst of what is shaping up as a record-breaking season for a MLS defender. He currently has nine assists, as many as any player listed as a defender since Diego Gutierrez logged 13 for the Chicago Fire in 2000.

Although it will be near impossible to replace his production, Nouhou’s recent rise at least gives the Sounders a reasonable analog. The 20-year-old Cameroonian has been among the biggest surprises this year, logging 455 minutes, including his fourth start of the season on Saturday against the LA Galaxy.

RELATED NEWS

Joevin signs with SV Darmstadt 98 in German Bundesliga 2
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Joevin Jones has signed with German Bundesliga 2 club SV Darmstadt 98 until June 2020. The deal was confirmed on Sunday by way of an announcement by the club. He will join the club on a free transfer in January after signing a pre-contract with Darmstadt.

The 25-year-old former W Connection player will move from American Major League Soccer club Seattle Sounders, after arriving in MLS Soccer in December 2014 for his first signing with Chicago Fire.

“This is a big step for me, to move to Darmstadt 98 and to enter German football after the last two and a half years in the American MLS. I am very happy for the chance to prove myself at Darmstadt and I cannot wait to start with the club and help them achieve great things” Jones told TTFA Media on Sunday.

“I would like to thank everyone who has been there for me. I have had a solid and a half two years in the MLS which I have enjoyed and I would like to thank everyone at Seattle Sounders, my teammates and the fans who have supported me.

“Now I am looking ahead to moving onto another chapter in my career and I am looking forward to achieving great things with Darmstadt,” Jones added.

The club manager Torsten Frings stated: “We are very pleased that Joevin has decided to join us.  He is an absolutely dream player and a player that we really wanted to have rather today than tomorrow. We trust him to pick up on his performances in the Major League Soccer and we are  sure he is going to help us as soon as he is at Darmstadt.”

Frings is a former midfielder with Bayern Munich and played 79 matches for the German National Team.

At Darmstadt Jones will join American Terrence Boyd. Also at Darmstadt is former Turkish international and ex-Real Madrid and Bayern Munich midfielder Hamit Altıntop, Polish international Artur Sobiech, Slovenia international Roman Bxzjak and Australian international Jamie Maclaren.

SV Darmstadt were promoted to the German Bundelisga for the 2015-2016 season but were relegated to Bundelisga 2  after losing 1-0 to Bayern Munich on the 32nd matchday last season.

Jones is in the midst of what is shaping up as a record-breaking season for a MLS defender. He currently has nine assists, as many as any player listed as a defender since Diego Gutierrez logged 13 for the Chicago Fire in 2000.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:57:56 PM by Flex »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2017, 01:34:01 PM »
Dem fellas not givin Contro he dues
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.sounderatheart.com/platform/amp/2017/7/30/16065586/joevin-jones-darmstadt-germany

Don't need dues or credit brother

Men was saying me and palos out of we mind and jones too old lol goes to show what little people know about our own players and their potential

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2017, 01:37:52 PM »
Lovely lovely!!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 30, 2017, 03:04:15 PM »
Good for JJ

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 30, 2017, 09:57:01 PM »
Congrats to de man. Fly de flag and show dem some moves. Doh lose that tenacity.

IMO top flight clubs in France Germany Italy and Spain missed out on a good wing player. With him being in the dregs of his contract they should have been lookin to sign him up on a free. Hopefully his new club gets promoted.
Now I hadda go serching for bundes 2 streams

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 31, 2017, 05:58:05 PM »
WATCH: Seattle Sounders Head Coach Brian Schmetzer talks about Joevin Jones signing with SV Darmstadt 98

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/91_js8J_Aso?start=410" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/91_js8J_Aso?start=410</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 31, 2017, 06:39:37 PM »
Lagerwey confirmed that Jones would be moving on, saying that it was something the club suspected would happen when he was traded to Seattle from the Chicago Fire. “This was a risk when we traded for him. If you go back to that time, it was surprising that he was available. One of the reasons was that he didn’t have a long-term contract with the league.” He said that when the club signed Jones, they were signing a player that they wanted to help them win an MLS Cup in the short term, because they knew they couldn’t hold onto him for long. “When we signed Joevin, we were comfortable with, potentially, an 18-month engagement because he could help us win a title. He did that. We’ve had return on that investment.”

While fans may be upset about Jones’ departure, it sounds like the club did just about everything they could to get him to stay. “I will say we made a significant offer to retain him. It wasn’t for lack of resources or anything like that. It was his choice and he wanted to go, and he went.” Lagerwey said it’s an important part of the club’s ethos to allow players to make their own decisions and help cement the club’s reputation on the global transfer market. “I think we have a pretty sterling reputation with honoring our players’ wishes and being a participant in the international marketplace.” He noted that even though it can be tough to see a good player leave, having their players do well in Europe and elsewhere can only be a boost to the club’s reputation.

https://www.sounderatheart.com/2017/7/31/16072376/garth-lagerwey-victor-rodriguez-negotiation-joevin-jones-january-departure

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 31, 2017, 06:53:51 PM »
Congrats, Good Luck and Blessings!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 31, 2017, 07:25:08 PM »
Big respek Joevin!  Do your thing
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 01, 2017, 08:04:33 PM »
https://sports.yahoo.com/mls-power-rankings-week-21-180823818.html

Allyuh realize with all the superlatives given to Joevin, he did not make the MLS  AllStar team to play Real Madrid tomorow.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 08:07:10 PM by Deeks »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2017, 08:26:47 PM »

Allyuh realize with all the superlatives given to Joevin, he did not make the MLS  AllStar team to play Real Madrid tomorow.

I was just studying how f**king ridiculous it is that they blank BOTH Jones & Molino. Kevin has 5 goals and 7 assists, Joevin has 2 goals and 9 assists. Both of them are amongst the most successful in passing, creating chances, successful dribbles etc, and they get blank. Honestly, f**k the MLS.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2017, 08:31:21 PM »

dais american culture.....fame and/or (nationalist bias)trumps substance every time
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 01, 2017, 08:43:00 PM »

I was just studying how f**king ridiculous it is that they blank BOTH Jones & Molino. Kevin has 5 goals and 7 assists, Joevin has 2 goals and 9 assists. Both of them are amongst the most successful in passing, creating chances, successful dribbles etc, and they get blank. Honestly, f**k the MLS.

Breds, as long as the play, score and their teams win, that is all that matters.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 02, 2017, 05:26:33 AM »
Guys the MLS all star team is mostly picked by fan votes. It will always be the superstar names and American brand name players
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 05, 2017, 06:11:11 PM »
anybody have a link for Seattle vs Minnesota tonight?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 06, 2017, 11:20:12 AM »
I believe Jones got another assist last night. Molino had a good chance he should have put on target.
Seattle duss dem out boy, and I read they will play each other again soon

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 06, 2017, 01:41:18 PM »
I believe Jones got another assist last night. Molino had a good chance he should have put on target.
Seattle duss dem out boy, and I read they will play each other again soon

WATCH: Joevin Jones with his 10th assist of the season in Seattle Sounders FC 4-0 win over Minnesota United.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Joevin Jones leaves Sounders without authorization
« Reply #294 on: August 22, 2017, 12:48:44 PM »
Joevin Jones leaves Sounders without authorization to play for Trinidad and Tobago in World Cup qualifiers
By Geoff Baker (Seattle Times)

The Sounders had planned to release Jones for the qualifiers next week, after the Portland game, but he instead flew back to his native Trinidad on Monday and informed a coach via text message afterward. Sounders general manager Garth Lagerwey on Tuesday confirmed that: “Joevin has left the team for personal reasons, and he’ll be joining the national team down in Trinidad.”

But Lagerwey declined further comment, including whether Jones had authorization to leave or if he would be disciplined for departing early. Jones plans to play for Trinidad in a “friendly” tune-up math against Jamaica on Thursday. The Sounders could block him from doing so, but that’s unlikely given his already tenuous situation with them — having signed a deal to play with a German second division side next season.

A player walking out on his team would be a huge deal in other major North American professional sports, but it’s not uncommon in international soccer. In the case of Jones, 25, who declined long-term contract offers from the Sounders before signing to play with SV Darmstadt starting next January, this could be an attempt to force an early release from his contract.

The international transfer window closes Sept. 1, and Jones would be able to play for the German side several months early if the Sounders release him. But that seems unlikely, given the talent level Jones brings to a first-place Sounders side hoping to make a run at a second consecutive MLS Cup title.

Jones is considered one of the top left backs in Major League Soccer, and his presence on the team would almost certainly improve the Sounders’ odds of repeating as champions more so than releasing him would. Though Nouhou has greatly impressed the team during his limited playing time, he remains an untested commodity at playoff time compared with the more-seasoned Jones.

Another factor the team undoubtedly will weigh is how Jones bolting before a pair of huge Western Conference games will play in his own dressing room. Players apparently were informed Tuesday about the early departure before taking to the field for practice in Tukwila.

It’s also possible Jones might not return to the Sounders, but that seems doubtful given he’d cease earning his relatively low, sub-six-figure MLS salary and be sidelined from action for several months.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 22, 2017, 01:07:25 PM »
Lots of speculatory writing from Geoff. Seems like he wants to create issues for Jones as Jones refuses to sign a long term contract with Sounders. . . .

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 22, 2017, 01:34:46 PM »
Lots of speculatory writing from Geoff. Seems like he wants to create issues for Jones as Jones refuses to sign a long term contract with Sounders. . . .
maybe not. keep in mind the yankee media are not like our local tabloids.......they actually have good inside sources feeding them proper info knowing fully well that one fallible article could end in a law suit.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 02:12:25 PM by pull stones »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 22, 2017, 01:39:37 PM »
lol, the man just bail out and send a text yes.

This rounds me ain't care bout Seattle, the last two set of qualifiers in March and June Seattle played on the Sunday night and with the amount of travel involved to get into camp he was below his best and couldn't play the full 90 being subbed in every game.

I'm happy to have him early and settled in camp. Other players can't pull this move and even if they block the JA game he will at least be here.

Warriors time is now.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 22, 2017, 02:11:43 PM »
lol, the man just bail out and send a text yes.

This rounds me ain't care bout Seattle, the last two set of qualifiers in March and June Seattle played on the Sunday night and with the amount of travel involved to get into camp he was below his best and couldn't play the full 90 being subbed in every game.

I'm happy to have him early and settled in camp. Other players can't pull this move and even if they block the JA game he will at least be here.

Warriors time is now.
still a bad move no matter how you slice it and dice it. hopefully he got early permission from his coach and none of this is true but that is only wishful thinking on my path. if the article is factual then Jovin did himself no favors and may find himself falling out of favor with the coach and in even more of a hostile environment with his teammates and the fans come september.

these young players need to realize that these coaches have what it takes to destroy their careers and should play by the book/rules. Jovin needs to be careful he's not out the woods just yet.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 02:13:39 PM by pull stones »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 22, 2017, 02:46:10 PM »
D Lawrence should not select Jones for this game he cannot encourage this  lack of discipline ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>