When he feel like it
0 (0%)
Maybe in a next life
0 (0%)
Dah is dem other fellas job
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: November 24, 2017, 09:29:40 PM

Author Topic: Joevin Jones Thread  (Read 98090 times)

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joevin Jones Thread
« Reply #300 on: August 22, 2017, 03:08:24 PM »
Sounds like a load of speculation from the reporter

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 22, 2017, 04:10:43 PM »
WATCH: Seattle Sounders FC GM & President of Soccer Garth Lagerwey speaks to the media on Joevin Jones' situation

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ODOsbqCgTg0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ODOsbqCgTg0</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 23, 2017, 01:27:57 PM »
None issue, just media trying to create unnecessary hype. This would be handled internally and I don't think Joevin has anything to worry about. If he plays tomorrow, then he was given the go ahead by Sounders to play.
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 23, 2017, 01:53:40 PM »
None issue, just media trying to create unnecessary hype. This would be handled internally and I don't think Joevin has anything to worry about. If he plays tomorrow, then he was given the go ahead by Sounders to play.

But why didn't the GM just refute the story and say they gave him permission to leave? The "personal reasons" thing sound jokey.

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 23, 2017, 02:46:17 PM »
All yuh remember when the USMNT had World Cup games, the MSL release players early but kept their other international players for the mandatory time. Maybe Joevin saying well if they can do that, lemme see how best I can help my NT!

Just saying nah.............

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 23, 2017, 02:49:42 PM »
Smells of sour lemons because Jones didn't want to re-sign with them. Been living here too long. Know how these people think and operate. They will pay the Caribbean boy peanuts, exploit him, then when he wants to leave for greener pastures, destroy his chances.

I can't imagine Jones is that irresponsible to just ups and leave like that. . .I'm willing to hear his take on the whole thing.

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 24, 2017, 11:07:14 AM »

But why didn't the GM just refute the story and say they gave him permission to leave? The "personal reasons" thing sound jokey.

Well the GM priority is the Sounders, so I am sure he wanted Joevin to stay for the 2 rivalry games, but I am sensing Jones told them he wanted to go help his national team, hence the "personal reasons" remake and they allowed him to leave. I hardly think Joevin "walked out" on the team.

Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What is going on with Joevin Jones’ Sounders future?
« Reply #307 on: August 24, 2017, 03:29:38 PM »
What is going on with Joevin Jones’ Sounders future?
By Jeremiah Oshan (sounderatheart.com)

The dust is still very much settling around the revelation that Joevin Jones had unexpectedly skipped town in order to join the Trinidad & Tobago national team a full week ahead of the FIFA international break. While we still don’t know how this is going to shake out or what, exactly, Jones was trying to accomplish, we now have a better picture of what the potential outcomes are.

So let’s break out our handy question-and-answer format to see if we can’t help you understand it as well.

How about we start with a quick recap?
Sometime after playing 90 minutes in the Seattle Sounders’ win over Minnesota United, Jones got on a plane headed for Trinidad, where the national team was opening camp ahead of a Thursday friendly against Jamaica. That will serve as a tune up for a pair of World Cup qualifiers against Honduras and Panama the following week.

The Sounders were apparently unaware of Jones’ decision until he texted a coach and informed the team he’ll be missing this week’s Cascadia Cup games against the Vancouver Whitecaps and Portland Timbers.

That, uh, doesn’t seem normal...
It’s not! While it’s entirely possible other players have pulled such shenanigans over the years, this is the first time we’ve known about anyone with the Sounders taking this sort of unexcused absence.

What can the Sounders do?
In theory, they could block Jones from playing in the Jamaica friendly since it’s outside the FIFA window. They aren’t going to do that, though, and based on conversations I’ve had, they didn’t really even seriously consider that possibility.

Is Jones just going to play in the game then?
That’s still unclear, although I suspect not. There’s no real upside to him playing in a friendly like this and he wasn’t among the 21 players the Soca Warriors listed as eligible for the game. It’s entirely possible he’ll elect to skip the game and focus on the upcoming qualifiers.

What happens after the international break?
Now we’re getting to the meat of the issue, which is also the hardest to predict. There’s a complicating factor to all of this and it’s that Jones has already signed a pre-contract with 2. Bundesliga team Darmstadt, which is supposed to start in January after his current deal with the Sounders expires. He’s due a significant raise on his current bargain-basement salary of $96,000 and there’s speculation that he’d prefer to start that contract sooner than later.

What’s leading to that speculation?
To be clear, neither Jones nor anyone from his camp have made any public statements about forcing his way out. I’m also unaware of anyone in the Sounders even being told of such a private threat. That possibility is mostly born out of people like myself drawing what seems to be a plausible connection. It’s entirely possible that Jones’ contract status and his decision to take an unexcused absence aren’t related.

What if they are related?
For the sake of discussion, let’s assume Jones is trying to force the Sounders’ hand and let him join Darmstadt before the German transfer window closes at the end of business on Aug. 31. The simple solution would be for Darmstadt and the Sounders to agree on a fair transfer fee, clearing Jones to switch teams.

Why hasn’t that happened?
Darmstadt isn’t exactly a big spending team, having spent about €1.2 million on transfer fees this year. Surely, one of the attractive things about Jones was that he was available on a free in the winter. While it’s entirely possible they had previously made an offer to the Sounders to get Jones earlier, there have been no such reports. Maybe this whole incident has weakened the Sounders’ resolve about keeping Jones enough that Darmstadt could make weight with a cut-rate offer. That just doesn’t seem particularly likely at this point.

Where does that leave us?
It’s at least possible the Sounders could basically release Jones and let him go on his merry way, simply in a show of good faith. If he really doesn’t want to be here, the thinking could go, why force him to be? That, too, doesn’t seem particularly likely. Jones is still the best offensive fullback in the league, and even if he’s not 100 percent happy, the Sounders would probably like to have him around. By all accounts, head coach Brian Schmetzer has a good relationship with Jones and he’s probably confident he can make the situation work.

How do you see this playing out?
Given that this entire situation seems to have caught everyone but Jones by surprise, I wouldn’t entirely rule out any of these possibilities. That said, the most likely outcome is usually the one that is the simplest. For Jones to leave, it means several actors making some very hard decisions. That leads me to believe that when the dust all settles, Jones will return to the Sounders. If Nouhou keeps playing the way he has, Jones may not automatically reclaim his starting spot, but my suspicion is we’ve not yet seen the end of his Sounders career.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 24, 2017, 04:04:46 PM »
I seriously think that it's time that FIFA reign in the MLS and their weird transfer fee and contract structures etc to put them more in line with the rest of the world. Not sure how the draft etc works but it just seems  more complicated than it should be. Just attached fees to people and buy/sell as normal based on market expectations and contract value. It's not rocket science.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 25, 2017, 02:30:45 PM »
Moving on from the reporter trying to stir s**t up, it seems like SV Darmstadt 98 are trying to engineer a faster route for Joevin to join up with them. Seattle clearly knows what's happening and are playing coy. Darmstadt's aim is an immediate return to the Bundesliga and they're 1st in the Bundesliga-2 at present so they need him now rather than year end to set the pace in the league and for him to get acclimatise.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 25, 2017, 04:17:23 PM »
Moving on from the reporter trying to stir s**t up, it seems like SV Darmstadt 98 are trying to engineer a faster route for Joevin to join up with them. Seattle clearly knows what's happening and are playing coy. Darmstadt's aim is an immediate return to the Bundesliga and they're 1st in the Bundesliga-2 at present so they need him now rather than year end to set the pace in the league and for him to get acclimatise.

Danny Rose. Leighton Baines. Andre Ayew. Ashley Young. Ademola Lookman. Kazenga LuaLua. Joevin Jones.

They all have a few things in common. Guess which one is the most significant thing in common for present purposes.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:10:16 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 25, 2017, 08:14:46 PM »

I don't think he as important to Damstadt 98 as you are trying to make out. If they wanted him in August etc then they would have just paid the fee and gotten the transfer done.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 29, 2017, 09:23:08 AM »
I don't think he as important to Damstadt 98 as you are trying to make out. If they wanted him in August etc then they would have just paid the fee and gotten the transfer done.
Why pay a fee when you can sign him for free? Quite possibly they think they can manage til then. But if its possible to get him sooner without incurring a fee then why not.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 29, 2017, 02:04:13 PM »

Danny Rose. Leighton Baines. Andre Ayew. Ashley Young. Ademola Lookman. Kazenga LuaLua. Joevin Jones.

They all have a few things in common. Guess which one is the most significant thing in common for present purposes.
Outside backs that be a threat on offense while resulting in contributing towards goals?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 02:10:35 PM by soccerman »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 29, 2017, 02:39:55 PM »

Outside backs that be a threat on offense while resulting in contributing towards goals?

More than outside backs, that's a sample of players who play/can play in a variety of positions on the left (whether as wingers, left mids or in defence). However, what they have/have held in common is their representation (an entity known as Base Soccer), which is pertinent to the issue at hand.

Joevin is in good hands with a sophisticated understanding of the environment and situation.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 29, 2017, 03:19:53 PM »

More than outside backs, that's a sample of players who play/can play in a variety of positions on the left (whether as wingers, left mids or in defence). However, what they have/have held in common is their representation (an entity known as Base Soccer), which is pertinent to the issue at hand.

Joevin is in good hands with a sophisticated understanding of the environment and situation.

You have the real inside scoop sah

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 29, 2017, 04:11:50 PM »
What it suggests is that if our FIFA ranking was in the right place, he could have been a candidate for playing in another country.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 29, 2017, 05:25:13 PM »
What it suggests is that if our FIFA ranking was in the right place, he could have been a candidate for playing in another country.
We're doing things in reverse, if we get our national program right and rankings higher, more overseas opportunities will be available for our players.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 07, 2017, 09:41:54 PM »
Seattle Sounders left back Joevin Jones returns to training after leaving team for personal reasons in late August
By Ryan Krasnoo (soundersfc.com)

Seattle Sounders left back Joevin Jones returned to training on Thursday after leaving the club for personal reasons on Aug. 22 and joining the Trinidad and Tobago national team ahead of 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers.

Jones missed Seattle’s matches against the Vancouver Whitecaps on Aug. 23 and Portland Timbers on Aug. 27.

“He understands where he is with me and with his teammates,” Head Coach Brian Schmetzer said of Jones. “He has to prove to them that he is absolutely fully committed up until Dec. 9 and that will dictate how he plays, when he plays, why he plays.”

Jones signed a pre-contract with German club SV Darmstadt 98 in late July and will depart for Europe following the 2017 MLS season. He leads the Sounders with 10 assists in 24 matches, and Schmetzer said that Jones is available for selection on Sunday at home against the LA Galaxy (6 p.m. PT; FS1, 107.7 The End, El Rey 1360 AM | TICKETS).

“A lot of guys on the team like Joevin,” Schmetzer said. “A lot of them believe that he’s a good guy. People make mistakes. There’s no getting around that. As far as I’m concerned, it’s put to bed. All the disciplinary stuff has been handled internally. It’s put to bed. He’s got to prove it on the field. I have faith in him, and I expect him to do his job.”

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #319 on: September 08, 2017, 07:07:24 AM »
Seattle Sounders left back Joevin Jones returns to training after leaving team for personal reasons in late August
By Ryan Krasnoo (soundersfc.com)

Seattle Sounders left back Joevin Jones returned to training on Thursday after leaving the club for personal reasons on Aug. 22 and joining the Trinidad and Tobago national team ahead of 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers.

Jones missed Seattle’s matches against the Vancouver Whitecaps on Aug. 23 and Portland Timbers on Aug. 27.

“He understands where he is with me and with his teammates,” Head Coach Brian Schmetzer said of Jones. “He has to prove to them that he is absolutely fully committed up until Dec. 9 and that will dictate how he plays, when he plays, why he plays.”

Jones signed a pre-contract with German club SV Darmstadt 98 in late July and will depart for Europe following the 2017 MLS season. He leads the Sounders with 10 assists in 24 matches, and Schmetzer said that Jones is available for selection on Sunday at home against the LA Galaxy (6 p.m. PT; FS1, 107.7 The End, El Rey 1360 AM | TICKETS).

A lot of guys on the team like Joevin,” Schmetzer said. “A lot of them believe that he’s a good guy. People make mistakes. There’s no getting around that. As far as I’m concerned, it’s put to bed. All the disciplinary stuff has been handled internally. It’s put to bed. He’s got to prove it on the field. I have faith in him, and I expect him to do his job.”
He and Dempsey, for sure, seem like they real friendly with each other. That's a powerful voice on the team to have in your corner.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 12, 2017, 12:30:56 PM »
Links to two articles related to Joevin Jones' return to Seattle after the international break.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sounders/joevin-jones-not-in-starting-lineup-or-on-bench-as-sounders-face-l-a-galaxy/

https://www.sounderatheart.com/2017/9/10/16285706/seattle-sounders-la-galaxy-recap-1-1-on-sigis-return
I couldn't see no punitive action after just picking up and leaving just like that. If it's only a one game suspension, he is fortunate.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 14, 2017, 09:45:00 AM »
On a positive note SV Darmstadt 98 are 2nd in Bundesliga 2, three points off the league leaders with 29 games to go.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 26, 2017, 06:24:42 PM »
WATCH: What does Joevin Jones need to do to regain his best form?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3uYzT_fev4A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3uYzT_fev4A</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
JJ , Seattle and TT
« Reply #324 on: November 21, 2017, 09:29:40 PM »
Picong while watching Seattle v Houston

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: JJ , Seattle and TT
« Reply #325 on: November 21, 2017, 09:32:28 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause:   Perfect cross and assist by JJ.  Frig defense when man scoring yuh goals, oui
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 01:44:58 AM by maxg »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 22, 2017, 07:23:33 PM »
Joevin Jones has been shortlisted in the 2017 CONCACAF Awards Best XI - Defenders category. Please vote for him at https://awards.concacaf.com/en/poll/concacaf/male-best-xi-defenders.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 23, 2017, 12:21:20 AM »
Joevin Jones has been shortlisted in the 2017 CONCACAF Awards Best XI - Defenders category. Please vote for him at https://awards.concacaf.com/en/poll/concacaf/male-best-xi-defenders.
  :-\ sorry T man, I can't. He just don't defend IMO. Sadly too, i think it's where he let us down most as he is accustomed to (and maybe prefers) the role he plays with club. If it had best crosser, and most exciting attacking midfielder, he would have my vote.  I like watching him still.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 23, 2017, 02:45:03 AM »
maxg, you taking this beauty contest thing too seriously. We know he is not the best defender, but he is the best attacking defender. So seeing that they only have one category for defenders, I giving JJ the benefit without any doubts.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 02:47:40 AM by Deeks »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 23, 2017, 02:00:45 PM »
maxg, you taking this beauty contest thing too seriously. We know he is not the best defender, but he is the best attacking defender. So seeing that they only have one category for defenders, I giving JJ the benefit without any doubts.
but he's not a defender at all..it just not fair to the guys who actually defend... I doh do friend thing, cause I won't stand for it happening against my friends. He is NOT the best defender, last few games I saw, he plays midfield.. he is an impact player, but not the best in any category.  "I doh know why they shoot him, he was a good boy" ting do slide with me. All of Trinidad could and might vote for him if they choose, but I won't and don't have too. TT need him to bring those attributes AND PLAY DEFENCE too.. else who we fooling, the MLS or weself ?
Being nominated is more than enough
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 02:08:42 PM by maxg »

1]; } ?>