When he feel like it
0 (0%)
Maybe in a next life
0 (0%)
Dah is dem other fellas job
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: November 24, 2017, 09:29:40 PM

Author Topic: Joevin Jones Thread  (Read 98075 times)

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
Re: Joevin Jones Thread
« Reply #360 on: January 28, 2018, 01:07:01 PM »
He just scored his first goal for Darmstadt ! Good going JJ!!!
Did they win?
Yea they did, 1-0

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 28, 2018, 04:22:53 PM »
any info on what position he played....it looked like winger but.... ???
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 28, 2018, 06:18:37 PM »
ok found my answer here left wing finally
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Joevin Jones earns SV Darmstadt first win in four months
« Reply #364 on: January 28, 2018, 06:19:13 PM »
Joevin Jones earns SV Darmstadt first win in four months
By James Rees (vavel.com)

SV Darmstadt 98 won for the first time since September, with a 1-0 victory against FC St. Pauli thanks to an early goal from Joevin Jones.

Darmstadt had won four of their opening six games of the 2. Bundesliga season, but they had been winless since beating Arminia Bielefeld in mid-September, a run that had seen them plummet into the bottom two before kick-off.

However in just his second start for the club, Jones fired in with just six minutes gone, and although St. Pauli were the dominant side for most of the match, Dirk Schuster’s side hung on for a precious three points, which move them back up to 16th in the table.

St. Pauli dominate to fail to respond to Jones’s strike
St. Pauli were fresh from a 3-1 win at Dynamo Dresden less than 72 hours earlier, but had to do without an injured Lasse Sobiech and Bernd Nehrig, who was ill and only fit enough for the bench. Clemens Schoppenhauer was handed a belated first start with Johannes Flum also coming in. Darmstadt’s first game of the year against 1. FC Kaiserslautern was called after the Red Devils’ boss Jeff Strasser was taken ill at half-time. They have since brought in Dong-Won Ji from FC Augsburg on loan, and he took the place of Jan Rosenthal place in the starting line-up.

St. Pauli had the first chance of the game, capitalising on a mistake by Slobodan Medojevic, with Aziz Bouhaddouz snatching the ball from him. He played through to Cenk Sahin who shot across goal and wide. Darmstadt then went down the other end, with Jones coming through the middle and shooting from outside the box. The shot kept low but it found its way through everyone, and past Robin Himmelmann, to put the Lilies into the lead.

It was the first goal in German football for the player brought in from Seattle Sounders. However having seen his debut cut short by the unfortunate circumstances on Wednesday, he didn’t make it to 45 minutes here as he was forced off by injury – not before though being yellow-carded for coming back onto the pitch following treatment without the referee’s permission.

Despite the early set back, the hosts would go on to boss the play in the first half. Bouhaddouz, without a goal all season, and Jermey Dudziak combined soon after, with the former’s shot saved by Daniel Heuer Fernandes with his feet. Luca Zander then from a tight angle forced the ball in off Romain Brégerie, albeit only after the flag went up. Replays show it was, at best, a very close call.

They remained on top up until the break, with the visitors not register any shots apart from the goal. Sami Allagui had a couple of efforts saved from Heuer Fernandes, whilst in the closing stages of the half, the Darmstadt goalkeeper punched the ball into the path of Clemens Schoppenhauer. Sensing a chance he struck towards goal, but Aytac Sulu got down to head the ball away from goal.

The equaliser never comes as Darmstadt hang on
It took a little while for the second half to really get going, although Sulu survived appeals for what would have been a harsh handball as he slipped in the Darmstadt box. Allagui then came close to scoring twice. A cross from Bouhaddouz didn’t quite get to him as Fabian Holland intercepted, but no-one denied him the chance to head on goal soon after, only for Heuer Fernandes to save and Sulu to clear.

Having survived that, Darmstadt finally began to offer something going forward themselves as they looked to extend their lead. A corner took a deflection off Allagui allowed Peter Niemeyer a chance to shoot, with Himmelmann saving from point blank range. They threatened from set pieces too, with substitute Rosenthal going wide following a corner and Sulu heading wide from a free-kick.

St. Pauli, who had brought on Dimitris Diamantakos for his debut and Richard Neudecker, a scorer on Thursday night, appeared to be becoming more desperate as they tried to force an equaliser. Neudecker in fact came close to scoring again, after he headed towards goal from a Waldemar Sobota cross, but it was an excellent save from Heuer Fernandes to tip the ball over the bar.

It was beginning to look like the equaliser would never come. Dudziak shot over after finding some space, whilst a Bouhaddouz header from a corner was easily saved by Heuer Fernandes. Darmstadt had chances to make sure of the win too, with Tobias Kempe and Medojevic shots both off target, but in the end they hung on for three points earned with their backs to the wall. Meanwhile it was a first loss, and a frustrating one at that, for St. Pauli under Markus Kauczinski.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:19:39 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 29, 2018, 07:55:17 AM »
That is the way to go. Put a stamp on the radar immediately. That is a well placed goal. The shot was deceptively fast. Plus the goalie was partially blinded by lots of players in front of him. JJ timing to shoot was on point. More JJ more. Good luck.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 29, 2018, 10:12:51 AM »
As someone who has drank JJ
That is the way to go. Put a stamp on the radar immediately. That is a well placed goal. The shot was deceptively fast. Plus the goalie was partially blinded by lots of players in front of him. JJ timing to shoot was on point. More JJ more. Good luck.
Exactly! They buy yuh...well ok, go ahead and score to give them their first victory in four months.
World class finish!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 29, 2018, 10:37:20 AM »
The crowd was singing his name after the whistle. They loving him already. Great job JJ! Keep it up!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #369 on: January 30, 2018, 07:11:06 AM »

Wow.
Bottom of 2nd division, not a win in 4 months and their stadium looks sold out with flags waving and crowd singing. That is impressive.

Keep playing well and working hard. This could be a great experience for him.

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 30, 2018, 03:16:35 PM »

Wow.
Bottom of 2nd division, not a win in 4 months and their stadium looks sold out with flags waving and crowd singing. That is impressive.

Keep playing well and working hard. This could be a great experience for him.

Yea they real serious about their football. Me and my cousin were in Köln in october and tried to get tickets to the Bremen game, both teams were in the relegation zone at the time, completely sold out.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #371 on: January 30, 2018, 04:31:00 PM »

Now confirm the St Pauli game was away. Flags was looking different. Match attendance was 29k.

I found a home game against Bochum attendance was 16k looks sold out.
Darmstadt Home Game - Up in the stands

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 31, 2018, 11:47:44 AM »
I would like some info on the injury.  I trust whoever hears about it will post.

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 31, 2018, 04:09:18 PM »
I would like some info on the injury.  I trust whoever hears about it will post.

What injury?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #374 on: January 31, 2018, 09:36:28 PM »

What injury?
He went off injured before half time.

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: February 02, 2018, 11:29:49 AM »
Oh I didn't know. I hope he's ok.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 04, 2018, 02:34:13 PM »
They lost 2-1 this weekend to MSV Duisburg and Joevin played the full 90.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 05, 2018, 04:28:26 PM »
WATCH: Joevin Jones gets his first assist for SV Darmstadt 98 in their 2-1 loss to MSV Duisburg. Also misses the opportunity to score his second goal for the club.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:25:05 PM by Tallman »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 05, 2018, 07:13:57 PM »
Yes, that was a miss!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 09, 2018, 11:40:46 AM »
started & looking comfortable now. *edit* might be too early to tel, but I ent liking this move for Joevin. This side don't look like they going and get promoted anytime soon, and Joevin ent standing out like he used to at Seattle [just b/c of the style of play - more physical, ball in the air etc]. I was really hoping for something higher for Joevin career than 2nd bundesliga. I hope he figures out what to do to adjust.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:20:22 PM by kounty »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 09, 2018, 01:42:18 PM »
started & looking comfortable now. *edit* might be too early to tel, but I ent liking this move for Joevin. This side don't look like they going and get promoted anytime soon, and Joevin ent standing out like he used to at Seattle [just b/c of the style of play - more physical, ball in the air etc]. I was really hoping for something higher for Joevin career than 2nd bundesliga. I hope he figures out what to do to adjust.

2-1 loss. All the goals were scored within a ten minute span between the 60' and 70' marks.

Like what? Serie A?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #382 on: February 10, 2018, 07:59:27 AM »
Higher levels have to want you before you could go there.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 10, 2018, 08:44:55 AM »

2-1 loss. All the goals were scored within a ten minute span between the 60' and 70' marks.

Like what? Serie A?

Eventually Serie A yes. Any of the 1st division leagues around the world that are above Bundesliga 2. If he doesn't stand out he is not going to magically end up in Bundesliga.
Arguably both goals were Joevins' fault and he got taken off right after the 2nd. You wouldn't see if from the highlights, but the game was tight and right before the 1st he collect the ball at the top of his 3rd and play the ball to absolutely nobody and they immediately pass it back about 4 touches into the goal. The second one he didn't apply pressure at the top of the box leading to the cross that eventually score.
Of course definitely not trying to carry down my favorite player, as a fan just hoping for the best.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 10, 2018, 11:14:49 AM »
Eventually Serie A yes. Any of the 1st division leagues around the world that are above Bundesliga 2. If he doesn't stand out he is not going to magically end up in Bundesliga.
Arguably both goals were Joevins' fault and he got taken off right after the 2nd. You wouldn't see if from the highlights, but the game was tight and right before the 1st he collect the ball at the top of his 3rd and play the ball to absolutely nobody and they immediately pass it back about 4 touches into the goal. The second one he didn't apply pressure at the top of the box leading to the cross that eventually score.
Of course definitely not trying to carry down my favorite player, as a fan just hoping for the best.

I mentioned Serie A specifically because of this.

Look, 2. Bundesliga is a very respectable destination. Very. Many of our journeymen would gladly trade a career played entirely in 2. Bundesliga rather than traipsing all about the planet from Vietnam to the Maldives. The player only just arrived (plus he had weeks in Spain). He has to adjust to Germany. Once he has the support structure he will need off the field, there should be no excuses.

He's playing. Not on the bench. But the fight for minutes must always stay with him.

I didn't see the match, but in the press conference Schuster said something that alludes to one of your comments. "Wir haben Situationen schlecht verteidigt und den Ball freiwillig wieder hergeschenkt." ... "We defended poorly and gave up the ball".

The points lost against Bochum were precious because they could have leapfrogged Bochum in the standings and moved up a couple places. Arminia next and then the Kaiserslautern replay. One team positioned above them and one team to hammer into the ground. At the end of the day, Darmstadt eh going back to the top flight in 2018. The arithmetic and likely outcomes doh support that happening. So he's a player in 2. Bundesliga for the foreseeable future.

Man, look how times has changed. Kaiserslautern in the bottom of German D2. This team used to give Bayern, Monchengladbach, etc a run for their money, now they struggling. Back to JJ. Breds, if you standout while your new team avoid the drop to D3, you will have had a successful year, as far as I am concerned.

Yeah Deeks ... TTT used to show Kaiserslautern on de regular.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 21, 2018, 01:28:54 PM »
They just lost 2-1 to Kaiserslautern with JJ providing the assist.

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 22, 2018, 10:02:14 AM »
I've been watching him. He's doing well but Darmstadt bad campaign could hurt the way he's seen by other clubs. Kinda like what happened with Mekeil Williams, who's in USL right now mostly because he went unnoticed in MLS due to Colorado Rapids poor performances, even with him playing well many times.

Personally I think Jones should've gone to Eredivise instead of Bundesliga 2 (I don't know if he had offers from there though), but honestly I think he has the quality to be a Bundesliga left back in the next years. I was a big fan of him already during his time with Chicago Fire and called it "the trade of the year" when Seattle Sounders got a potential top fullback like him for almost nothing.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 22, 2018, 03:38:28 PM »
he has the quality to be a Bundesliga left back in the next years.

He eh got much years. He is what?? 26 27.

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 23, 2018, 06:06:39 AM »
That's the big problem with Caribbean and Central American players. Unless they shine in youth tournaments and get a move to Europe soon (like Levi Garcia for Trinidad, Ricardo Ávila and Ismael Diaz for Panamá etc), they'll have to put impressive numbers in MLS or MX/Ascenso to attract interest most times. Or they need to show something really good in international competitions and friendlies (Roderick Miller from Panamá got a contract with Atletico Nacional from Colombia probably because of his showing against Brazil, and Abdiel Arroyo got contracts in Uruguay, Croatia and Colombia mostly because of good international appearances, like Copa America). Costa Rica players have been getting attention from Europe after the last World Cup too. Many of them moved to Europe after that and they get international respect and attention because of this.

Since Trinidad is not living the best moment in international competitions, the players need to be focused and make the most of their chances in their clubs and work harder than the others. Molino, for example, can't be satisfied with what he did last year, he needs much more than that in 2018.

And we can't forget CONCACAF still isn't a big stage to the world. I mean, Joevin was already a good player in Chicago Fire but the whole team was poor, no one stood out, and clubs around the world won't be scouting teams like that. Then he moved to a good Seattle team and did really well on his first year, had more than 10 assists and was noticeably the best left back in the league, but he had to play ANOTHER great season in 2017 to really get attention from Europe (and Darmstadt only got him probably because he was available for free). So in this process the players end up loosing many years of their careers.

Also leagues like MLS and MX/Ascenso will always value more their domestic talent, so the Caribbean and Central Americans will always need to work harder than the domestic players to have a starting spot. Cato was the best fullback available for San Jose at some point but a worse American player started many matches over him.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 23, 2018, 07:10:52 AM »

1]; } ?>