When he feel like it
0 (0%)
Maybe in a next life
0 (0%)
Dah is dem other fellas job
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: November 24, 2017, 09:29:40 PM

Author Topic: Joevin Jones Thread  (Read 98108 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Joevin Jones Thread
« Reply #390 on: February 23, 2018, 02:34:16 PM »
Sweet assist and finish!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 25, 2018, 11:00:43 AM »
Joevin score again. Rescue a 1-1 draw while playing with 10 men

Look like he too good for 2. Bundesliga but Darmstadt still languishing in relegation spots.

Hope they hit form and escape or he continue performing and escape anyway.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 25, 2018, 11:07:16 AM »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 25, 2018, 11:36:21 AM »
They caught them napping on that equalizer....once JJ keep playing at his best making he continues to score or assist, he could be taken up by at club higher level than Darmstadt.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 26, 2018, 01:57:41 PM »
Joevin score again. Rescue a 1-1 draw while playing with 10 men

Look like he too good for 2. Bundesliga but Darmstadt still languishing in relegation spots.

Hope they hit form and escape or he continue performing and escape anyway.
"Look like he too too good for 2 etc"............. ???

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 01, 2018, 12:02:53 PM »
Don't think I ever see him score a header before.

https://www.trollfootball.me/videos/view/darmstadt-1-1-heidenheim-joevin-jones

When interviewed he said it's his first header in 10 or 15 years. First as a pro.

One thing doh ... his reaction time was quick. In an era in which our NT players are customarily bashed for exhibiting poor concentration or having low concentration levels, he was particularly switched on.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 12:05:49 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 01, 2018, 02:00:05 PM »

When interviewed he said it's his first header in 10 or 15 years. First as a pro.

One thing doh ... his reaction time was quick. In an era in which our NT players are customarily bashed for exhibiting poor concentration or having low concentration levels, he was particularly switched on.
For a man who not accustom scoring headers, he make that look easy. Excellent header.  Maybe they wukkin him. We know the guy have talent. Is not the on switch was the issue, is the fuse. Maybe Germany has the right material to make it last, at least for awhile. Well done JJ

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 01, 2018, 03:37:07 PM »

For a man who not accustom scoring headers, he make that look easy. Excellent header.  Maybe they wukkin him. We know the guy have talent. Is not the on switch was the issue, is the fuse. Maybe Germany has the right material to make it last, at least for awhile. Well done JJ

The On/Off switch concern for T&T players is usually when we're defending, as far as I cal tell
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 02, 2018, 01:02:41 AM »

The On/Off switch concern for T&T players is usually when we're defending, as far as I cal tell

Perhaps we feel/observe it more in defensive situations, particularly when goals are scored. And our record in recent time reflects many of those situations. However, it's also evident at the other end of the field.

Players arriving "late" at the end of final balls and spurning chances has that on/off switch. Not recognizing decisive moments of when/where to pass and where/when to run has that on/off switch too.

In the Darmstadt game, play restarted quickly. JJ was on it.

There's a ball I recall KJ showing for, but Cyrus had something else in mind and he ended up making no pass at all. Positionally, KJ was the most advanced player on the pitch. We talking about 3 to 5 seconds made the difference between T&T attacking and transitioning to defense off ah that wanting decision and a pass of about 10 to 15 meters that was not made, but should have been made because it was the pass to make. If I can "feel" the time it's taking for a player in an attacking movement to make a decisión, something ain't right.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 02, 2018, 12:04:28 PM »
playing great. score 1 again for 1-0 lead in 30'-ish.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 02, 2018, 01:07:23 PM »
playing great. score 1 again for 1-0 lead in 30'-ish.
I think somebody finally using him in the correct position

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 02, 2018, 01:58:51 PM »

Perhaps we feel/observe it more in defensive situations, particularly when goals are scored. And our record in recent time reflects many of those situations. However, it's also evident at the other end of the field.

Players arriving "late" at the end of final balls and spurning chances has that on/off switch. Not recognizing decisive moments of when/where to pass and where/when to run has that on/off switch too.

In the Darmstadt game, play restarted quickly. JJ was on it.

There's a ball I recall KJ showing for, but Cyrus had something else in mind and he ended up making no pass at all. Positionally, KJ was the most advanced player on the pitch. We talking about 3 to 5 seconds made the difference between T&T attacking and transitioning to defense off ah that wanting decision and a pass of about 10 to 15 meters that was not made, but should have been made because it was the pass to make. If I can "feel" the time it's taking for a player in an attacking movement to make a decisión, something ain't right.

At the risk of appearing to contradict myself, I totally agree with you. It is probably both more frequent and consequential in defense. But certainly occures in attack as well. We probably don't initially see it as switching off, maybe more as poor decision making. And both switching off and bad decisions cripple us up front.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 02, 2018, 04:44:03 PM »
WATCH: Joevin Jones nets his third goal in seven games during SV Darmstadt’s 2-0 win over Dynamo Dresden
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 02, 2018, 05:28:57 PM »
always said he was wasted at leftback
I pity the fool....

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 02, 2018, 08:32:48 PM »
Looks like he's playing with more urgency than normal, his last 2 goals he finished aggressively.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: March 04, 2018, 05:58:51 PM »
Looks like he's playing with more urgency than normal, his last 2 goals he finished aggressively.

I agree. There's definitely a noticeable sharpness. Would be interesting to hear his comments regarding pre-match activation in the 2. Bundesliga vs. MLS.

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 05, 2018, 05:51:39 AM »
Florian Jungwirth, the German who plays for San Jose Earthquakes, recently said in an interview that he feels Bundesliga 2 is a weaker league than MLS. I think he has authority to say this since he played in literally every level of German football. I thought it'd be worth sharing this since Joevin made exactly that transition.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 05, 2018, 11:52:55 AM »
At the same time, Huddersfield has taken at least one player from 2. Bundesliga to the Premier League (England). As a career move, this is better for JJ.

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 06, 2018, 06:16:53 AM »
Yes, no doubt about that

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 08, 2018, 12:33:37 PM »
WATCH: From Trinidad and Tobago to Finland to the United States to Germany. Joevin Jones’ career has taken a circuitous route, but was always accompanied by his Christian faith. In this interview at the St. Ludwig Catholic Church, Joevin talks about his connection to God and the support he receives from his family.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jIfIhXMZGYo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jIfIhXMZGYo</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 18, 2018, 07:02:47 AM »
Anyone have a reliable link to view the match? First half is in progress.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 09, 2018, 10:41:36 AM »
They missing Joevin bad in Seattle, which I predicted would happen. He was comically underrated in the MLS in my opinion.

https://www.sounderatheart.com/2018/4/4/17191872/nouhou-francis-left-back-sounders

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #413 on: April 10, 2018, 12:07:50 AM »
Darmstadt still 2nd from bottom of the table but they just played the top 3 teams in the table and had 2 draws and a win against #1 Fortuna despite a 1st half red card.

They have some mid table games coming up so maybe they could get some points and climb out of the relegation zone.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 06, 2018, 08:15:53 PM »
WATCH: Joevin Jones scores a superb free-kick from 30 yards out to open the scoring in SV Darmstadt 98’s 3-0 win over Jahn Regensburg.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 07, 2018, 08:45:05 AM »
Sweet freekick. Next week could see them climb to 4th from bottom if they win. Dynamo above them by 1 point has had inconsistent results and plays Union Berlin who are about 4 or 5 places above them.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 13, 2018, 01:14:17 PM »
Congrats, Joevin.

Mission accomplished for Darmstadt in avoiding the drop. When JJ arrived at the club, it was already in peril of relegation. His contribution to keeping the club on the survival side of the ledger won't go unnoticed.

Next challenge.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 26, 2018, 10:45:29 AM »
WATCH: Joevin Jones, Alvin Jones, and Kevon Williams talk to CNC3’s Ryan Bachoo about the upcoming First Annual Joevin Jones Fun Day.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/c5q1ppXI-SY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/c5q1ppXI-SY</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 26, 2018, 12:12:38 PM »
 :salute: :applause: :chilling: :salute: :thumbsup: :wavetowel:

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 29, 2018, 08:23:42 AM »
Other clubs sniffing around, hope he go up to Bundesliga next. No lateral movement. Up up up!!!

1]; } ?>