When he feel like it
0 (0%)
Maybe in a next life
0 (0%)
Dah is dem other fellas job
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: November 24, 2017, 09:29:40 PM

Author Topic: Joevin Jones Thread  (Read 98106 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joevin Jones Thread
« Reply #420 on: May 29, 2018, 01:57:21 PM »
Other clubs sniffing around, hope he go up to Bundesliga next. No lateral movement. Up up up!!!

Is he ready for that level doh ? won't want him to rush up there and only making bench or god forbid, get sent away or on loan. I think another year at this level would help, if he can manage/survive it, then onward and upward.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 29, 2018, 03:33:21 PM »
Other clubs sniffing around, hope he go up to Bundesliga next. No lateral movement. Up up up!!!

Is he ready for that level doh ? won't want him to rush up there and only making bench or god forbid, get sent away or on loan. I think another year at this level would help, if he can manage/survive it, then onward and upward.

JJ is about 26. Is either he swim or sink.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 29, 2018, 04:46:49 PM »
Talk done
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 29, 2018, 05:38:38 PM »

JJ is about 26. Is either he swim or sink.

27 in August.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 30, 2018, 09:06:26 AM »
Maxg he could handle it. He is far more resilient than we assessed when he was not yet poised to take advantage of opportunities at his trial with Genoa (I believe it was) many moons ago.  In my eyes he could easily play on a newly promoted or even possibly mid-table club in Bundesliga. He is more than ready!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 30, 2018, 10:12:29 AM »
Maxg he could handle it. He is far more resilient than we assessed when he was not yet poised to take advantage of opportunities at his trial with Genoa (I believe it was) many moons ago.  In my eyes he could easily play on a newly promoted or even possibly mid-table club in Bundesliga. He is more than ready!

It was at Udinese. I don't think our assessment was incorrect. He clearly wasn't ready to make that transition. Seattle is where he truly blossomed.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 30, 2018, 03:04:25 PM »

It was at Udinese. I don't think our assessment was incorrect. He clearly wasn't ready to make that transition. Seattle is where he truly blossomed.
Although I agree with you there Tallman. I still thought the way he was utilized, in a more offensive role, his defensive capabilities waned a bit, made obvious when he represented us. Of course a Bundesliga position is possible for him now, yet it depends on what they are looking for and how utilized. If as a wing back defender, imo, he won't be ready yet. But he could be in the short term. Wings back at that level, must tackle back hard and still assist/score goals, no ? Now we not shooting for a best, but a place, so, let's see who some ppl think are best, and how does JJ compare to them. we can do a similar process for wing midfielders..
Some ppl opinion
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10734320/the-top-10-wing-backs-in-europe-according-to-whoscored-com

wingers:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1720086-the-15-best-wingers-in-world-football#slide3
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 03:07:04 PM by maxg »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #427 on: May 30, 2018, 07:28:50 PM »
Trinis does call full backs wing backs and I ent ever sure which one we talking bout.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 31, 2018, 08:45:57 AM »
Robben and Ribery gettin old. JJ could put een a shif for dem

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 31, 2018, 09:15:11 AM »

Generally very good advice, but it's "strike while the iron is hot" time. Let the buyer's market work it out organically.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 31, 2018, 01:02:49 PM »
Getting "comfortable" with a reasonable degree of discomfort is arguable essential for success. If JJ wants to play his trade at the highest levels of ball and the opportunity arises, he should grab it and work hard until he's somewhat comfortable at that level
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 31, 2018, 01:28:35 PM »

Yeah I wasn't really clear there. Wasn't saying the assessment then was wrong. Was actually attempting to state that he is up for the challenge now as opposed to then.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 31, 2018, 01:36:58 PM »

Yeah I wasn't really clear there. Wasn't saying the assessment then was wrong. Was actually attempting to state that he is up for the challenge now as opposed to then.

Yeh, I think the major problem was that he lacked self confidence.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #433 on: June 26, 2018, 03:52:53 AM »
Joevin heads back to Germany for Preseason Training.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Joevin Jones left for Germany on Monday to begin preseason training with his German Bundesliga II club SV Darmstadt 98 following a short off season stay in Trinidad and Tobago.

Jones will be anticipating the start of his first full season with the club which finished tenth in the league earlier this year which saw the Carnage-born player join the team in January.

“My first half a season you could say, was quite good in Germany,” Jones told TTFA Media.

“Coming away with four goals and two assists was pretty decent and I will now be looking to better than in the new season ahead. My goal as of now is to have a successful preseason, stay fit and healthy and just be ready for the new season,” Jones added.

With the World Cup in full swing, the former Seattle Sounders man says his desire for international football remains at a high and he is already thinking about the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup and Nations League.

“I think we dropped off a bit but I am really excited to be back on the international stage with my country again hopefully later this year. I always want to do my best for Trinidad and Tobago and now that we are into the Gold Cup next year that is our next big stage to look forward to,” Jones said. “So it will be a good period to get ourselves going again and hopefully we can get in a good preparation and go onto perform just as well as the past two Gold Cups or even better this time around.”

As to the World Cup, Joevin made it clear who his favourites for the title are.

“I’m backing Portugal. That’s my team. I like how they are fighting as a unit so far and of course they have the main man (Ronaldo) to do something special for them,” Jones added.

Jones, age 26, has eight goals in 69 appearance for T&T.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 17, 2018, 02:11:11 PM »
playing now. looking good. nice crisp passes. was bun towards the end but they see it thru.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:36:33 PM by kounty »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 17, 2018, 02:59:20 PM »
playing now. looking good. nice crisp passes. was bun towards the end but they see it thru.

Who they played and what was the final score?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 17, 2018, 03:55:44 PM »

Who they played and what was the final score?

Magdeburg was the opponent. Darmstadt won 1-0 courtesy a penalty converted in the 3rd minute.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 15, 2018, 06:35:53 AM »
sloppy marking by jones cause a goal (cause might be a strong word...but i'll keep it). they down 1-0 in the 70th. he got sub off. keep the focus joevin!

*edit* Darmstadt score a free kick in the 89th to squeeze out the draw).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 06:51:30 AM by kounty »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 21, 2018, 07:28:00 AM »
JJ today delivered a goal worth 3 points, but that was eventually  discounted when the opponents equalized. Match ended 1-1.

Who will say that it didn't make sense not to go to Thailand? Not Darmstadt.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 07:55:14 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 21, 2018, 07:41:07 PM »
WATCH: Joevin Jones scores his first goal of the 2018/19 2. Bundesliga season in SV Darmstadt 98's 1-1 draw with Jahn Regensburg

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vxC4vBPTOrM?start=12" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vxC4vBPTOrM?start=12</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 26, 2018, 08:17:41 PM »
WATCH: Joevin Jones provides a pinpoint cross to setup SV Darmstadt 98's second goal in their 2-0 win over SpVgg Greuther Fürth

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/w1LC0L9YPJM?start=102" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/w1LC0L9YPJM?start=102</a>

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 26, 2018, 10:37:00 PM »
First class cross by JJ

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Joevin recommits to National Team
« Reply #442 on: October 31, 2018, 12:11:33 PM »
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s German-based professional Joevin Jones has sent an early signal to national team head coach Dennis Lawrence on his availability for the upcoming international friendly with Iran in Tehran.

Jones opted out of the previous friendly against Thailand at the last minute, forcing Lawrence to enter the match without a replacement, citing personal reasons for his withdrawal.

Jones is now ready to return to international duty for the T&T National Team which is preparing for the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

“Myself and Dennis had a long chat and we had a good communication as two professionals and grown men. He understands the situation I was in and where I’m coming from. I paid the price for it. Now I am fully committed to the National Senior Team and available for selection again,” Jones told TTFA Media on Wednesday.

Iran climbed three spots to #30 on the October FIFA World rankings. Both teams will meet at the Azadi Stadium in Tehran on November 15th. Iran deleted Bolivia 2-1 in their last friendly on October 16th while T&T is coming off a 2-0 win over United Arab Emirated and a 1-0 loss to Thailand.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 31, 2018, 05:47:34 PM »
What price did he pay?

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 13, 2018, 12:59:47 AM »
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s German-based professional Joevin Jones has sent an early signal to national team head coach Dennis Lawrence on his availability for the upcoming international friendly with Iran in Tehran.

Jones opted out of the previous friendly against Thailand at the last minute, forcing Lawrence to enter the match without a replacement, citing personal reasons for his withdrawal.

Jones is now ready to return to international duty for the T&T National Team which is preparing for the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

“Myself and Dennis had a long chat and we had a good communication as two professionals and grown men. He understands the situation I was in and where I’m coming from. I paid the price for it. Now I am fully committed to the National Senior Team and available for selection again,” Jones told TTFA Media on Wednesday.

Iran climbed three spots to #30 on the October FIFA World rankings. Both teams will meet at the Azadi Stadium in Tehran on November 15th. Iran deleted Bolivia 2-1 in their last friendly on October 16th while T&T is coming off a 2-0 win over United Arab Emirated and a 1-0 loss to Thailand.
I hope this kid is not stupid to believe he can get away with the same crap he did in Seattle if he don't want to end up like another B Rahim he better put his carrier first instead of running back to TT to play in any stupid lil friendly  they call you to play for.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 13, 2018, 05:45:28 PM »
Nah, Breds. I think this is a serious friendly match. Iran has very good football.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 07, 2019, 07:40:17 PM »
Joevin Jones to return to Sounders after two seasons in Germany, reports say
By Jayda Evans (Seattle Times)

The Sounders are reportedly finalizing details to sign two players before the MLS transfer window closes Tuesday night: One deal would bring Joevin Jones back to the club, and the other would bring in rising Ecuadorian star Xavier Arreaga.

German publication Bild first reported Jones, who was playing for German second-division club Darmstadt, would be returning to Seattle. The Athletic also reported a $150,000 transfer fee to be paid in January 2020, as well as Arreaga’s signing. The Sounders declined to comment on the moves.

Jones, 27, played two seasons for the Sounders, including its 2016 championship run. The left midfielder from Trinidad and Tobago had three goals and 19 assists for Seattle.

Arreaga, 24, is currently playing for Barcelona, an Ecuadorian Serie A club team. The center back has good size and could help protect the Sounders against injuries along the back line, especially because Chad Marshall, a three-time MLS defender of the year, likely is nearing the end of his career.

Sounders coach Brian Schmetzer didn’t comment directly on the reports of the signings. But he did add insight to how players of Jones and Arreaga’s caliber could help Seattle wade through current injuries to key players and upcoming international competitions where six players could be called-up for the CONCACAF Gold Cup in June.

“If (Jones) comes back, it would be icing on the cake because we have a very talented team,” Schmetzer said. “If you want to win championships, why wouldn’t you want to have a couple of additional pieces?”

Seattle left winger Brad Smith is on loan from English Premier League team Bournemouth, and his agent was recently in Seattle to speak with Garth Lagerwey, the Sounders general manager and president of soccer, about Smith’s deal that is set to expire in June. The Sounders have Nouhou as an option at Smith’s position but could use another player.

The Sounders (5-1-4) returned to training Tuesday following a draw at Minnesota, the team’s third in as many games. Seattle hosts Houston (6-1-1) on Saturday at CenturyLink Field.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 07, 2019, 09:20:39 PM »
smh. hopefully this is just a ploy to get better negotiations for a contract extansion or better offer from another club, cuz I can't believe Joevin hanging it up already! my player.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 08, 2019, 06:57:11 AM »
If it's true it doesn't surprise me

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile