When he feel like it
0 (0%)
Maybe in a next life
0 (0%)
Dah is dem other fellas job
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: November 24, 2017, 09:29:40 PM

Author Topic: Joevin Jones Thread  (Read 98102 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joevin Jones Thread
« Reply #480 on: December 15, 2020, 07:47:15 PM »
Just saw that Joevin got released from the Sounders

Hope he bounces back soon.
Think he can still add a lot to a team's roster as a free agent signing

https://www.soundersfc.com/post/2020/12/14/sounders-fc-announces-roster-decisions-conclude-2020-season

Keep in mind that he would be taking up an international slot.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 16, 2020, 11:58:00 AM »
Really not surprised. The man have talent for sure, however at times he looks kinda unimpressed as well as unimpressive. Saw it for awhile, even with National service. I can’t speak fo him, but the impression I get is ‘been there, done that, don’t have to do it again’.  Except at that level and ppl money, yuh better do it again even better. They would go for a slightly lesser player with more heart and commitment(read zest) as anybody would any day.
If a new team picks him up early, I feel we may see the potential once again, for how long ? Again that’s up to JJ. Come on JJ, give 5 more years of all out drive, 25 years + from now, the family will have a few cents to help out your younguns and you won’t have to dwell on how great you might have been. Right now physically you good, I challenge you to next level.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 11:59:51 AM by maxg »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 16, 2020, 06:47:40 PM »
It's really a shame when u consider he was doing well at Darnstadt in Bundesliga 2....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 16, 2020, 07:43:11 PM »
He should go Minnesota. They need to extend their roster.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 17, 2020, 02:31:47 AM »
He's always had the talent- could see that when he was st W Connection - he needs the mentality to progress. With the right attitude he can open doors currently shut to him

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 17, 2020, 08:03:03 AM »
That's the biggest difference between him and many others versus Dwight, Russell etc....anytime your discomfort with growth gets the better of you, you stop growing
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 17, 2020, 08:30:46 AM »
That's the biggest difference between him and many others versus Dwight, Russell etc....anytime your discomfort with growth gets the better of you, you stop growing

I think in my opinion this is what plagues our national players- it's not the potential skill level but morethe drive the professional mental toughness along with the physicality,

As much as I hate to compare within the region and hate to admit, Jamaican athletes eludes that toughness that national pride the physicality and drive. The Haitians . The Cubans- our players are too soft.

There were intercollegiate days in the70's where you playing for the crowd- dribbling - beatsin up on men- putting on the show but our footballers once they had North South there was a pride a drive for supremacy - back then when you made the national team is like players fighting to represent this little island - today players seem to be lured to the contracts and is like once they make it- the national team has to come begging for them to represent - this attitude will not bode well for professional teams - when you are a marginal player you are despincible- there are many others waiting in the wings-
Players from our soil need to be fighting and proving each game that they belong-
Oh well there is always the Indian league- Good taste of humble pie to get you  longing  for steak.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 18, 2020, 08:18:20 AM »

Rumor has it that Houston Dynamo and Columbus Crew are interested in his services.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 18, 2020, 11:08:02 AM »
Hope it doh turn into ah merry-go-round.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 18, 2020, 01:17:05 PM »
He needs to find a team that'll pick him.every week and invest in him. Challenge, good training and a good coach can do wonders for him

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 18, 2020, 04:09:04 PM »

Rumor has it that Houston Dynamo and Columbus Crew are interested in his services.

TM is the Adam Schefter of the T&T pro's during free agency :notworthy:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #491 on: March 04, 2021, 06:39:53 PM »
Joevin: Opening win important.
T&T Express Reports.

JOEVIN JONES, the former United-States-based Major League Soccer (MLS) player believes that Trinidad and Tobago need victory from their opening 2022 Qatar FIFA World Cup qualifier and he is putting everything in to help achieve such.

T&T play their opening two qualifiers on the road, against Guyana in the Dominican Republic on March 25, before traveling to Puerto Rico to face the host country on March 28.

“I think we can go out there and look for the three points to get a win in our first game,” Jones stated, following a training session at Hasely Crawford featuring local and USA-based footballers.

“I think we really focused right now,” added Jones. “Looking forward to the upcoming days and the hard work and the upcoming game against Guyana.”

Jones, 29, is currently out of contract after spending the last six years with clubs in Finland, the USA and Germany. He also believes that Guyana will be tougher than in the past, due to the presence of several UK-born players in their squad.

“I think if you look back at the Gold Cup against Guyana it was not an easy match for us, they gave us a run,” said Jones. “I think it will be difficult because we might be missing some players but also we have some local talent here that we can go out and get the job done.”

Also without a club after spending much of last season on the bench for Real Salt Lake, younger brother Alvin Jones is impressed by the attitude shown by brother Joevin in training.

“He looked very focused right now. His professionalism is spreading throughout the team. Other guys are feeding off of it and that is the kind of thing we need right now to spread around the team because we have three weeks,” Alvin stated.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #492 on: March 09, 2021, 05:36:06 PM »
T&T's Jones linked to Beckham's Inter Miami.
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday).

EXPERIENCED T&T midfielder Joevin Jones is being linked to a deal with Major League Soccer (MLS) club Inter Miami, three months after his deal with MLS Cup title-holders Seattle Sounders FC came to an end.

Inter Miami, owned by former England captain David Beckham, recently appointed Beckham's ex-England and Manchester United teammate Phil Neville as the team coach.

According to a report on the website reportdoor.com, Jones, who can play either as a winger, central midfielder or left-back, is being considered by Inter Miami ahead of the 2021 MLS season.

The Florida-based club has been in talks with West Brom left back Kieran Gibbs, who played ten years for Arsenal, but he might not be available until the summer transfer window.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Inter Miami CF signs Joevin Jones
« Reply #493 on: March 11, 2021, 02:23:39 PM »
Inter Miami CF signs Joevin Jones
Inter Miami CF Communications Department

Inter Miami CF announced today that it has signed two-time MLS Cup and four-time MLS Western Conference champion Joevin Jones to a two-year contract. The versatile MLS veteran and Trinidad and Tobago international, who can play as a left back and left midfielder, joins the Club as a free agent after four seasons with the Seattle Sounders FC.

“Joevin is a talented player with great title-winning MLS experience who can feature in a number of positions” said Chris Henderson, Inter Miami CF Chief Soccer Officer and Sporting Director. “I know Joevin well from my time in Seattle, he has the technical ability to change games and will be a good fit with us at Inter Miami.”

Jones, 29, joined the Sounders in Jan. 2016 and spent four seasons with the club over two stints, winning the MLS Cup in 2016 and 2019, and the Western Conference in 2016, 2017, 2019, and 2020. He started in all four MLS Cup finals, scoring his penalty in the title-clinching penalty shootout of 2016.

Last season, the Carenage, Trinidad and Tobago native played a key role in helping the Sounders FC reach the 2020 MLS Cup, featuring in a defense that conceded the least goals in the Western Conference, making 17 total appearances, 14 of them starts - including the final - and registering two goals and three assists. The versatile wide player also put together a standout campaign in 2017 in which he registered 11 regular season assists and two postseason assists en route to the MLS Cup final. Over both stints in Seattle, Jones made 93 regular season appearances, 76 of them starts, and tallied five goals and 19 assists. 

After his stellar 2017 season Jones accepted a move to SV Darmstadt 98, competing in the 2. Bundesliga. He officially joined the club in Jan. 2018 and went on to make 46 appearances for the team, scoring six goals and tallying four assists, before returning to Seattle during the 2019 season.

Prior to joining Seattle, Jones made stops in Chicago, Finland and his native Trinidad and Tobago. He spent one season with the Chicago Fire (2015), appearing in 28 matches. Before that, he spent time on loan with HJK Helsinki (2014) in Finland, where he helped the team win the Veikkausliiga. Jones began his career with W Connection FC in Trinidad and Tobago, rising through the youth ranks and eventually featuring for the first team from 2009 to 2014.

Jones has also featured prominently on the international stage, making 76 appearances for the Trinidad and Tobago senior national team. He has totaled nine goals and seven assists for the Soca Warriors, featuring in several competitive competitions such as the Gold Cup, Caribbean Cup, Concacaf Nations League and international tournament qualifiers.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 11, 2021, 06:29:01 PM »
Time to celebrate :cheers:  :wavetowel:
I am happy and relieved for "my player" .. (all of them are my players but something about Joevin epitomizes Trini football for me .. like Carlos Edwards before him). I will leave it there for now. Give thanks!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jones on signing: "I'm here to bring the experience"
« Reply #495 on: March 11, 2021, 06:54:21 PM »
Jones on signing: "I'm here to bring the experience"
Inter Miami CF Communications Department

Inter Miami announced the signing of versatile two-time MLS Cup champion and four-time Western Conference Champion Joevin Jones. The left back/midfielder and Trinidad and Tobago international is looking forward to arriving in South Florida and getting started with the Club.

“I’m very excited. Inter Miami is a big club, the people behind it are awesome. I’m excited to join and I can’t wait to be there,” said Jones.

Jones’ five-year MLS career has seen him reach the MLS Cup finals on four occasions. While he knows that winning is a team exercise, he also knows what it takes to reach that level and will bring that experience with him to Inter Miami.

“I think my quality has helped make me successful, but it wasn’t just me alone, it was the players around me. They helped me to be a better player and I helped them to be better players. In Seattle, we had a good run, so I know what it’s like to reach and win a final, to grind out wins throughout the season.”

Jones also knows what his strengths are as a player, and what he will help bring to the pitch for his new club. As somebody who can play in a number of positions down the wings he is willing to play wherever the coaching staff sees fit.

“I’m going to be myself. I think I have a lot of quality, a lot of pace, I can also play with the ball. I’m good with the ball at my feet. Whichever way the coach wants me to play, I’m here to bring the experience.”

As a former Sounders player, Jones has an existing relationship with Inter Miami CF Chief Soccer Officer and Sporting Director Chris Henderson. The pair spent four years together in Seattle and will now have an opportunity to be reunited in new colors.

“Chris is a good human being. He’s a really good guy. In Seattle he was always nice to me and I was always nice to him. The day he messaged me and said, ‘hey, I’m going to Miami,’ it was like a dream come true for me. It’s an honor to sign with Inter Miami for me.”

Lastly, Jones had an inspiring message for fans of the Club.

“I’m most excited to just come to South Florida and try to win trophies and help the team reach its goals.

“To my Inter Miami fans, just know I’ll be there soon and hopefully this season we can do something really good.”

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 11, 2021, 08:24:42 PM »
Good for you, young man! Be a Warrior!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 14, 2021, 02:36:05 AM »
This is probably the last chance for J Jones to play professional football he is not going to last for more than 2 to 3 years he is going to end up like his cousin having a lot of skill and athletic ability but was not able to take his game to another level  just having 2 or 3 good seasons is not good enough they both lack the mental toughness needed to survive in professional football.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 14, 2021, 03:48:46 AM »
Honestly, he has done better than many.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 14, 2021, 07:37:52 AM »
This is probably the last chance for J Jones to play professional football he is not going to last for more than 2 to 3 years he is going to end up like his cousin having a lot of skill and athletic ability but was not able to take his game to another level  just having 2 or 3 good seasons is not good enough they both lack the mental toughness needed to survive in professional football.

It won't necessarily be his last chance. We have journeymen playing football all over the planet. He is in a position to determine if this is his last dance.

That stated:

1. How does he view the decision to depart Germany now that his time with Seattle has ended? He opted to go west when many in MLS are hungry to go east.

2. He might outlast his coach. Won't surprise me.

3. I like this comment: 'I am going to be myself'. By now he should know that comes with a price tag. Time will tell us who incurs the expense. Joevin or Inter Miami.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 07:40:03 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #500 on: March 14, 2021, 07:45:28 AM »
they both lack the mental toughness needed to survive in professional football.
His cousin ‘survived’ a 13-year career as a professional. Much of it in the top flight. Sought after by Liverpool twice. Unless is some other cousin you throwing shots for.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 14, 2021, 07:48:19 AM »
Honestly, he has done better than many.

100%. Even if we want(ed) more, you are 100% correct. Not exactly shabby.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 14, 2021, 07:55:36 AM »
they both lack the mental toughness needed to survive in professional football.
His cousin ‘survived’ a 13-year career as a professional. Much of it in the top flight. Sought after by Liverpool twice. Unless is some other cousin you throwing shots for.

I doh want to believe that is what he meant because that is just delusional stuff. But, ffisback has entertained us before on some positions ... so could be. ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 14, 2021, 07:31:45 PM »
WATCH: Joevin Jones chats about signing for Inter Miami CF

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xw37RcM3jQU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xw37RcM3jQU</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Miami's left-back troubles end with the signing of Joevin Jones
« Reply #504 on: March 17, 2021, 03:50:05 PM »
Miami's left-back troubles end with the signing of Joevin Jones
By Alex (playathroughball.substack.com)

After an offseason of rumors and conjecture, Inter Miami has ended their search for a starting left-back with the signing of Trinidad and Tobago International Joevin Jones.

Announced on March 11th, 2021, Jones had this to say about making the switch down to Florida, stating:

"I’m very excited. Inter Miami is a big club, the people behind it are awesome. I’m excited to join and I can’t wait to be there.."

He then added on:

"I’m most excited to just come to South Florida and try to win trophies and help the team reach its goals."

Jones, 29, makes the jump to South Florida after spending the last two years with the Seattle Sounders. A skillful player who can play both as a fullback and winger, Jones will bring MLS Cup-winning experience to a lockerroom that got significantly younger during the offseason.

With the recent news that Kieran Gibbs could be joining the club in the summer (still doubt that it will happen, though…) Jones will be an excellent stop-gap at fullback until the 31-year-old Englishman's arrival.

As Phil Neville seeks to play a more possession-based style of soccer, Jones's positional flexibility will be a big help for Miami on the pitch.

Missing Puzzle Piece

Last season, Inter Miami had a fullback problem.

Diego Alonso had a revolving carousel of players at the position, none of which got entirely comfortable. For the majority of 2020, current Austin FC player Ben Sweat started at left-back, but any Inter Miami fan or writer could tell you that he was the team's weak spot.

His lapses in concentration, lack of recovery speed, and shoddy defending ability cost the team points on several occasions. Going into 2021, it was clear that newly appointed Sporting Director Chris Henderson had his work cut out for him to find the right fit for what Phil Neville needs on the pitch.

From what has been said, Neville likes to deploy his teams in either a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. It remains to be seen how Inter Miami will lineup, but taking into account quotes from press conferences, a flat back four - 4-3-3, seems the most likely.

If that is the case, Jones will be able to fit in seamlessly into Neville's setup; the Englishman values possession, winning the ball back as quickly as possible and making the team compact defensively so they'll be difficult to break down.

Canada International Jay Chapman had this to say about Neville's tactics:

"We're going to be a pressing team without the ball. Last season we weren't good enough with the ball. This year, there's been a real stress with our possession with the ball. Guys have been much better in training. We'll be a fun team to watch."

How He'll Fit In

Jones thrives on getting down the flanks and helping out his attacking line as much a possible. His positional versatility and willingness to get forward will provide Inter Miami tactical flexibility as well.

Neville likes his fullbacks to help provide the width in attack. While his wingers cut in, combining with the two central midfielders, the fullback's job is to hug the touchline and help support the front line, taking defenders on to get the byline to either whip in a cross or make room for themselves to get a shot off.

Because of his pace and technical ability, Miami's left-hand side will have an attacking outlet and a solid defender with recovery speed that will be an upgrade from Ben Sweat.

Presumed to be the starter, Jones' experience, skillset, will give Miami a different look at a position they desperately needed to fix. It's safe to say that the Inter Miami of 2020 will look very different in 2021.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 17, 2021, 09:36:58 AM »
Manchester United fan Joevin Jones honoured to play under Red Devils legends at Inter Miami
By Colin Benjamin (sportsgazette.co.uk)

Manchester United fan and Trinidad & Tobago international Joevin Jones, is honoured to play for Major League Soccer (MLS) club Inter Miami, coached by former United player Phil Neville and owned by a group including United legend David Beckham.

Inter Miami’s efforts in MLS this season should be of interest to English fans, not only because of Beckham and Neville, but also English players Ryan Shawcross and Kieran Gibbs. The club with a fascinating short history open their season on Sunday against LA Galaxy (8pm, live on Sky Sports Football).

Jones recently joined the club from Seattle Sounders, after winning two MLS Cups and four Western Conference titles. He first came to America to play for Chicago Fire, and has also played in Finland and Germany. In his career, Jones has amassed the biggest football trophy tally by any Trinidad & Tobago player since Dwight Yorke was plying his trade in England for Manchester United.

“It’s an honour to be signed by Inter Miami. It’s a big club and the names behind it are magnificent. These names will certainly help it to be recognized more globally and I’m happy to be here and excited to start the season”, said Jones.

In 2008, before Jones became a professional player, the England team captained by Beckham came to Trinidad to play a famous international friendly, where the England FA tried to convince the disgraced former FIFA executive Jack Warner to support England’s bid to host the 2018 FIFA World Cup, which they lost out controversially to Russia.

Jones recalled being at the game, and how seeing Beckham alongside other United and Premier League players in the flesh increased his drive to become a professional.

“As a kid growing up we looked at the English Premier League because it had Dwight Yorke, Shaka Hislop, Kenwyne Jones, Carlos Edwards and Jason Scotland playing and I backed Manchester United”, said Jones.

“So to see those players coming to play in Trinidad like Beckham, Rio Ferdinand, Steven Gerrard, Ashley Young – even though we (Trinidad) lost the game it was a great experience to see those players in real life and not on TV. It was a great motivator to push myself at the time to become a professional player.”

For this summer’s CONCACAF Gold Cup, the confederation chose Inter Miami’s stadium to host the preliminary stage.

The 29 year old Jones is not surprised by this, saying: “To be honest Inter Miami stadium and facilities is one of the top venues in the world to me. The facilities are great and everything is right there together in the playing stadium and training ground. That’s extra motivation as players to be on job sites to work harder and cherish it.”

Jones concluded his thoughts speaking on how he believes the English duo of Shawcross and Gibbs will adjust to the league and as a former MLS title winner, how he thinks Inter Miami is shaping up heading into their second season of existence.

“To be honest not every player from abroad fits in (to the MLS right away). A new player coming to a new club has to know the players and the rhythm of the team. So while I think it might take a while for them, as guys with a lot of experience I’m backing Shawcross & Gibbs when he comes to adjust to the MLS quickly”, said Jones.

“I think the team under coach Neville is heading in the right direction. We have some big name players with European and MLS experience, which is the ideal mix to win an MLS cup once we play to potential.”

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 19, 2021, 09:20:53 AM »
was at the game yesterday against LA Galaxy. Joevin started, played almost the whole game, taken out at the end. Nothing special, you can definitely see the disconnect or miss understanding between Joevin and his teammates. I guess because he's new and they have to understand each other. I believe 2 of the 3 goals in La"s 3-2 victory came on Joevin side. The team wasn't also prepared for his accurate crosses from the left to inside the box. I guess as the season roles on the communication will be better, let's see.       

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 10, 2021, 10:21:07 AM »
OK we're out and deservedly so, IMO people who play games and skylark with other people's livelihood in the end gets what they deserve. when you have a former federation president conspiring with the world governing body to annul an elected federation just so that they could retain control of the federation and was facilitated by the football stake holders and the big names around the sport in that country, deserves to utterly fail,

not to mention a federation who has done nothing for football in 50 years, but instead filled their pockets and did not install as much as one community facility or youth program to push football into the 21 century, yet every 4 years they keep contending to go to the world cup to compete with the rest of concacaf who evidently has their act together while we keep coming up short in that regard, yet no introspective to address our constant failure was forth coming.

instead we keep going down the same road doing the same foolishness implementing the same short term fixes with an obviously faulty system, and have the nerve to blame the coaches and "S O M E" players when we fail, but no one dares blame not only the federation, but the league, the team owners and the shoddy coaches we have that rubbish league.

this failure is not only exclusive to the mens senior team, it's endemic throughout all our national team programs, from under 15 to the women's program, yet they want to lay blame at the feet of the coaches, all the while replacing them with another and another but achieving the same results with no meaningful changes in terms of success. which brings me to jovin jones.

this young man is arguably the best player we have in training ATM and the most accomplished in terms of contracts, goal tally and silver wear, yet he was the least visible and potent in our last 4 games scoring one single goal for the whole tournament while missing a few sitters and a penalty.

i saw jovin vs st kitts and his whole body language was of someone who didn't want to be there and my heart ached because it remind me of kenwin jones who did the same thing in the last few years of his football career where he was literally walking around on the pitch to the dismay of many of the english fans who made constant note of it.

watching jovin for club and country recently had me realize that he is guilty of the very same thing, and this is not isolated only to them, but tons of trini players who reaching a certain level of success became extremely complaisant and uninterested particularly in national service, compared to players like christiano, neymar, andreas guadardo, miguel harrera, and paul pogba, these players throw their all into representing their country and is even more adamant than their team mates for success, and these are mega superstars of football taking the field and playing for their nation as they were playing for their lives.

i believe jovin and should step aside if he's not happy with the way things are presently and allow another young player the opportunity to represent the country, as they did in couva in 2017 when we defeated the united states without any big names in the squad. seeing alfonso davies vs suraname made me wish we had a player who was just as skillful and hungry to score goals. this young man was all over the place running finding space and making passes that lead to goals, he knew that he was the catalyst of canada's success and if he didn't show up, then chance are their team could have suffer a similar fate to us.

i watched all 4 games that we played in qualifying and have observed that mr jovin jones was the total opposite. he was less than interested in playing football and did not press the lines like telfer or levi did, which lead me to believe that dennis lawrence also did, hence the reason we was not a permanent starter in lawrence's squad, he just doesn't seem to be interested in the game anymore. we really do need a couple of go to guys on this team in order to be successful, and jovin ain't it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 10:55:12 AM by pull stones »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 10, 2021, 11:22:30 AM »
Just because I am a fan and believe players or their families/others read these and then somehow get the word/convey a general sentiment of 'what they hearing' back to the players, I want to disagree here and say that players don't pick themselves to play or keep themselves on the pitch. (maybe the above ^^^ comments are better suited to a Terry Fenwick thread). Joevin, I am more than grateful for you coming back into what I am certain is a pile of sh!t situation, gambling on your family livelihood for a PROMISE of what wouldn't even constitute pocket change or bus fare money. Consistently for many many years. Thank you for showing this nation of fake people how to love your country and God Bless and keep you and reward you for it. Play the Fitball Joevin, everybody know you have it. We behind you 100%.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 10, 2021, 01:03:11 PM »
Just because I am a fan and believe players or their families/others read these and then somehow get the word/convey a general sentiment of 'what they hearing' back to the players, I want to disagree here and say that players don't pick themselves to play or keep themselves on the pitch. (maybe the above ^^^ comments are better suited to a Terry Fenwick thread). Joevin, I am more than grateful for you coming back into what I am certain is a pile of sh!t situation, gambling on your family livelihood for a PROMISE of what wouldn't even constitute pocket change or bus fare money. Consistently for many many years. Thank you for showing this nation of fake people how to love your country and God Bless and keep you and reward you for it. Play the Fitball Joevin, everybody know you have it. We behind you 100%.
you must really have the hots for me, i've noticed you're my number one fan boy? but it's ok mate keep it coming, i have a very high threshold for ignoring trolls. as for your jovin jones love letter, i'd rather waste the ink on someone worth while, like aubrey david who doesn't always get a call up and could go years without an appearance, and though he was not born in TT i could say without contradiction that he loves the flag and shows it on the pitch more than any of these prima donnas who were, and always gave 200% for the national team.

i could go even further to pen a note to our dearest christiano, who could head off in the sunset every international break by hanging up his boots in exchange for a warm beach and a super model by his side, but unlike jovin he shows up every time to play for a less than talented national team.....no excuses... and leaves everything on the field every time, often coming off disappointed with his performance,

and it's because of him portugal has constantly been to the world cup and euros, and often guarantees their success with his hardcore persistence and consistent performances which is driven by passion and pride for nation, and guess what, he wasn't even born on mainland portugal but gives his all like every game is a league cup final.

so go on and waste ink on this mischievous boy, otto fister had him tagged all along as a selfish player and a disruptive force. and in closing, had the coach refused to play him then every armchair football guru would be crying out for his head because he left our best player on the bench, but when he's on the field he's clearly our worst players, at least this past tournament.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 01:21:45 PM by pull stones »

1]; } ?>