April 23, 2024, 04:55:19 PM

Author Topic: Joevin Jones set for Italy trial with Udinese  (Read 27057 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Joevin Jones set for Italy trial with Udinese
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2013, 07:40:22 AM »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2013, 09:09:21 AM »
Udinese, sbarca Joevin Jones

http://translate.google.com/

Give thanks Flex, I went ahead and added ah link for the non-Italian speakers :)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2013, 09:17:58 AM »
I feeling really good about this trial and see no reason for this youth not to make it...on a related note, I see that the weather in Udinese will be in the 50s and up (Fareniheit) for the next week, so give thanks for that!!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2013, 09:37:28 AM »
Hope pittance for dem is big money for Jones

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2013, 09:40:21 AM »
Youth Players in the UK could earn $10,000 (£1000) a week in the top division. Hell in the Championship you can at least look forward to £500 a week. I imagine Serie A offers similarly lucrative money, especially for rotation/1st team players

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2013, 10:01:21 AM »
Yes, but what one could get, and what one is offered, because the individual is desperate to get their foot in the door, is sometimes not close to what is fair.
Eg he could get 1000/wk, but they offer 200, take it or go back home..then your agent have to rationalize in yuh head that it's ok if yuh making 1/5 everybody else salary, yuh still out playing them, and making more than if yuh was home, just hold on till next year, so yuh going thru the year as a foreigner, language barrier, no friends, some heckling & insults, no immediate friends,no Doubles, training and playing harder and better than everyone else, yet might make less...sometimes it might be difficult to concentrate...

So I hope if he manages a decent showing, the club treats him with the respect he deserves, and not use/abuse his talent.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2013, 11:05:03 AM »
That article calling him a left back. Is that the position they looking at him for and is that the position he shines in?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2013, 12:15:25 PM »
Yes, but what one could get, and what one is offered, because the individual is desperate to get their foot in the door, is sometimes not close to what is fair.
Eg he could get 1000/wk, but they offer 200, take it or go back home..then your agent have to rationalize in yuh head that it's ok if yuh making 1/5 everybody else salary, yuh still out playing them, and making more than if yuh was home, just hold on till next year, so yuh going thru the year as a foreigner, language barrier, no friends, some heckling & insults, no immediate friends,no Doubles, training and playing harder and better than everyone else, yet might make less...sometimes it might be difficult to concentrate...

So I hope if he manages a decent showing, the club treats him with the respect he deserves, and not use/abuse his talent.

The thing is, 1k a week IS the low-end - besides PFA's take a very dim view of contracts set that low. Even at £200 a week he'd be earning $8000 a month, which I'm told is quite respectable in Trini.

I'm not worried about the wage - I'm worried about the rest you're talking about. Italy has a terrible record for racism, although being so far north might mean conditions are a bit better for him. Besides he'll have contact with Stefano Monti and his contacts in Italy which should help give him some protection in general.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2013, 12:28:25 PM »
That article calling him a left back. Is that the position they looking at him for and is that the position he shines in?

I eh see no reason why he cyar play in dat position, like an Ashley Cole, Leighton Baines, Patrice Evra, Jordi Alba, Marcelo etc. Is just that when he has played there for T&T, he has been reluctant to get forward. I know for a fact that Hart does encourage him to get forward, but so far it eh relly work out. It would also help if he put on some muscle.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2013, 12:34:38 PM »
What is the gist of the article?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2013, 02:01:30 PM »
Joevin is a left back. But he can play a midfield. I think he is a better left back than mid.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2013, 06:52:56 PM »
the pittance in the translation doesnt refer to salary. rationed for a pittance means that if they do want him they wud buy him for a real small fee.... udinese has an ability to purchase talent for peanuts and sell for large sums of money..

udinese play a 352/4231 so they would be looking at joevin primarily for that left wingback/left back role curently occupied by gabriel silva, also 22..silva is the starting left wingback/left back so far this season douglas santos is the sub..other than that the leftback options are a couple of centrebacks who can play there at left back...anyway, i pray his lungs are up to it because that position requires alot of running...also with guidolin's style....udinese team presses for the ball in all areas of the field...their players are very industrious and technically and tactically sound...versatility is a plus too...they dont have the largest squads so sometimes you may have to play out of position...

udinese's president owns Granada in spain and Watford in england as well so if the presi likes him he may see if he can farm him out to one of those sides as a first resort or to another serie a team or at worst a serie b team...or just loan him to any team..
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 07:06:36 PM by mukumsplau »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2013, 09:48:29 PM »
This is yuh shot youthman, go over dey HUNGRY and give 200%.  These opportunities doh come everyday, make de absolute best of it. :beermug: :beermug:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2013, 03:34:43 AM »
the pittance in the translation doesnt refer to salary. rationed for a pittance means that if they do want him they wud buy him for a real small fee.... udinese has an ability to purchase talent for peanuts and sell for large sums of money..

udinese play a 352/4231 so they would be looking at joevin primarily for that left wingback/left back role curently occupied by gabriel silva, also 22..silva is the starting left wingback/left back so far this season douglas santos is the sub..other than that the leftback options are a couple of centrebacks who can play there at left back...anyway, i pray his lungs are up to it because that position requires alot of running...also with guidolin's style....udinese team presses for the ball in all areas of the field...their players are very industrious and technically and tactically sound...versatility is a plus too...they dont have the largest squads so sometimes you may have to play out of position...

udinese's president owns Granada in spain and Watford in england as well so if the presi likes him he may see if he can farm him out to one of those sides as a first resort or to another serie a team or at worst a serie b team...or just loan him to any team..

Good points - I would worry for him competing, but it would be awesome if he got some game time in England at Watford - Udinese already treat Watford as a B-team lol. a "small fee" in the big leagues for a player is still in the hundreds of thousands, although I don't think W Connection will get that.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2013, 07:48:36 AM »
he looks quite angry/jet lagged :p

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2013, 02:50:40 PM »
im a lil nervous, but positive.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2013, 03:07:43 PM »
im a lil nervous, but positive.

So yuh could imagine how he feeling.  :nailbiting:
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2013, 03:27:18 PM »
he looks quite angry/jet lagged :p
nah man..he just realize no Boom Champions, Vibe 105, or even WACK fm....oh oh   :devil:

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2013, 04:56:41 PM »
They're online - me and the missus used to listen to them from time to time, especially for Jayson Williams

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2013, 06:41:52 PM »
The man look like he settle in already...especially with he coach man purse

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2013, 06:59:07 PM »
The man look like he settle in already...especially with he coach man purse

Man rocking a serious murse
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2013, 08:52:57 AM »
doin up a project here so turned on udinese tv around when training sessions usually is...i figure this was after training because the coach is conducting a press conference now

anyway joevin was the last player to exit...knew it was him because he jus stood there not knowing where to go and looking around till someone came to him...u can see from his demeanor he is the new kid on the block...the others had a confident bounce in their step whereas he looked like shuffling his feet and tense..this is to be expected and im not worried...soon hopefully pretty soon he will gain confidence and be able to express himself on the field the way he wants to...nerves is a bitch really..

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2013, 08:56:14 AM »
honestly i think d fella didnt understand one shit jones was saying so he maybe directed him incorrectly as jones turned around and walked back in through the doors confused

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2013, 09:29:20 AM »
de man looking like a deer in the headlights yes...

Come Joevin, put on dat trini swagger... yuh badder than all of dem...
fake it til you make it.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2013, 10:03:58 AM »
Joevin isn't 16 or 17 eh.  He's 22.  Considered a man.

Hopefully all will go well for the young man.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 02:00:23 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2013, 02:41:56 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2013, 03:04:34 PM »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2013, 04:11:33 PM »
Yeah the little we saw Mr central defender playing that long ball, and when he not doing that he starting the knock on the right side right thru.

Hopefully other scrimmages look better than the few minutes we saw on this one :)

Also do we have those free=kick dummies locally?

1]; } ?>