March 19, 2024, 04:31:03 AM

Author Topic: Joevin Jones set for Italy trial with Udinese  (Read 26467 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Joevin Jones set for Italy trial with Udinese
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2013, 04:27:37 PM »
So we eh have no one saying Udinese bring the man in and eh give him ah good look. Look they tell the man turn right when he should have gone left. Slip shod organization.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2013, 05:23:36 PM »
Yeah the little we saw Mr central defender playing that long ball, and when he not doing that he starting the knock on the right side right thru.

Hopefully other scrimmages look better than the few minutes we saw on this one :)

Also do we have those free=kick dummies locally?

Funny, I was saying  this look like we national team playing. One set ah long ball by the central defender and the right back. It look like them have blinders on the left side of the their brains. But you, know perception can be deceiving. Hopefully the next scrimmage go be better.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2013, 05:38:25 PM »
de yute will do well man..he just have to come into his own...it's a huge transition for him made even more difficult by the language barrier...if they didn't think he had potential he wouldn't be there

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2013, 05:52:06 PM »
Joevin in training scrimmage at Udinese.

Jones seems a little shy, it can work against him.

Its important that W Connection seeing that they normally send a lot of players aboard should consider sending an agent with the players especially when they are trailing alone.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2013, 07:19:18 PM »
I like JJ....but gotta be honest here....if that clip is what he's going through on that trial it aint making no sense. Correct me if I'm wrong but he got 2 touches? One kinda scaredy header and another to throw in the ball. NOBODY passed to him...NOBODY. Poor JJ body language and all poor. His shoulders dropped.....I could only imagine what he going through....probably aint understanding one ass, nobody giving him a pass, he aint know what to do and he cant even get d chance to do what he could do (play ball). Any local up there with him?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2013, 07:34:14 PM »
I like JJ....but gotta be honest here....if that clip is what he's going through on that trial it aint making no sense. Correct me if I'm wrong but he got 2 touches? One kinda scaredy header and another to throw in the ball. NOBODY passed to him...NOBODY. Poor JJ body language and all poor. His shoulders dropped.....I could only imagine what he going through....probably aint understanding one ass, nobody giving him a pass, he aint know what to do and he cant even get d chance to do what he could do (play ball). Any local up there with him?

DT, this is exactly how I described trials to be. It's tough. You're trying to take someones place in the squad.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2013, 09:23:27 PM »
Flex right about those guys having some kind of support with them or they need a workshop on what to expect while on Trial.......otherwise Im thinking 2 things........he needs to assert himself (be more aggressive) and whoever running the training should/would make sure plays are running thru him to see what he have to offer........that's if an Invited Trial  :banginghead:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2013, 11:11:47 PM »
You all sounding like you send a lil yute man on trial. This is an interview for a job in a fortune 500 club so you have to have a CEO mentality, not a janitors mentality.

The minute he see them going into tackles and being cut-throat like that you have to get up to that speed. He never matched the speed of the session. He seem like he was trying to figure out what was going on with the session. This is where smarts come in. You not sure the main objective, you them either get the 1st or 2nd pass and a make a quick pass and move to support. You have to play harder and faster than everyone else. You have to impose your presence on the team and players. You have to force their respect because they will not give it to you.

He jogging around looking for a pass which never came. Remember you never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression. He reinforce my theory of why we don't win more often even though we have great talent and ability.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2013, 11:14:44 PM »
Flex right about those guys having some kind of support with them or they need a workshop on what to expect while on Trial.......otherwise Im thinking 2 things........he needs to assert himself (be more aggressive) and whoever running the training should/would make sure plays are running thru him to see what he have to offer........that's if an Invited Trial :banginghead:

That's for college. This is a big man game. It have so many other players waiting to come in and impress right away. No one have to make things good for you. They open the door for you now the onus is on you to find a seat, you can make some one get up or you can wait until someone tired sitting down.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2013, 12:54:57 AM »
You all sounding like you send a lil yute man on trial. This is an interview for a job in a fortune 500 club so you have to have a CEO mentality, not a janitors mentality.

The minute he see them going into tackles and being cut-throat like that you have to get up to that speed. He never matched the speed of the session. He seem like he was trying to figure out what was going on with the session. This is where smarts come in. You not sure the main objective, you them either get the 1st or 2nd pass and a make a quick pass and move to support. You have to play harder and faster than everyone else. You have to impose your presence on the team and players. You have to force their respect because they will not give it to you.

He jogging around looking for a pass which never came. Remember you never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression. He reinforce my theory of why we don't win more often even though we have great talent and ability.

Elan you hit de nail on de head... dese men like dey never try out for a football team dat already have an established squad or dey ent seeing de equivalence to a job interview
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2013, 03:01:24 AM »

DT, this is exactly how I described trials to be. It's tough. You're trying to take someones place in the squad.

So they passing de ball to all de other players on trial but not Jones and you saying this,,,, please. You just tying to justify what Central did to Roopie was normal. Is ok, if the players do it because they fighting for a place but when the staff invite you to come and then set you up that is below low or other staff cussing you.

Joevin not calling for de ball, watch de next black youth how he up and down.

Stop making excuses, de bredda need to get more involved and up to speed.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 03:04:44 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2013, 04:10:21 AM »
From what it is I seeing dey...he hadda goo take de ball from men..notice how everyone attacking the ball...JJ...show dem men them you is ah trinidadian stallion....if they not passing it to you brother...get it from dem!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2013, 05:48:35 AM »
As far as I am aware an Italian national who is resident in Trinidad Mr. Stefano Monti accompanied Jones on this trip to Italy. At the end of the day you could have your mama, papa, tantie & nennen with you, the bottom line is you have to go out there and show your hunger and give 100%.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2013, 06:00:25 AM »
The very fact that he does go into a shell when he on the national team had me wondering about his confidence level under bright lights. Hope he sort it out. Everybody saying he a star, but he have to believe that himself.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2013, 06:11:39 AM »
Wha happen to de Italian striker W Connection did sign, Mirko Delia.?

I know he got injured and went back to Italy, did they release him?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2013, 06:20:27 AM »
Wha happen to de Italian striker W Connection did sign, Mirko Delia.?

I know he got injured and went back to Italy, did they release him?

He had a recurring knee injury and there was an amicable parting of ways.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2013, 07:05:19 AM »

So they passing de ball to all de other players on trial but not Jones and you saying this,,,, please. You just tying to justify what Central did to Roopie was normal. Is ok, if the players do it because they fighting for a place but when the staff invite you to come and then set you up that is below low or other staff cussing you.

How you know who on trial from that video? FS and Elan are right you have to go and fight and prove your worth.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 07:06:50 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2013, 08:23:06 AM »

U still they with Roopie ?  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2013, 08:52:30 AM »
Quote from: Coop's link=topic=61085.msg879044#msg879044 date=1387030986

[/quote
      U still they with Roopie ?  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Coops you laughing but that rell annoying, we talking bout Joevin now:)

Some more observations:

I didn't know was a group of fellow-trialist I was watching??
I could be very, very wrong but I don't think others (especially that left footer who playing the long ball out the back, unless he has been there for a few days/week and has been given instructions to do that?) are only trialist?

I also thought Joevin had someone there with him, though we didn't see him in any photos with him, maybe he took the photos, I dunno, I just thought he had someone there with him.

At the end of the day we could all talk. talk. talk on here but if friggin Joevin want to go quite Italy and stick, well dais he own damn fault. I mean really, as ah balla as soon you figure out the lay of the land, you next option is to start tackling your own damn teamates for the friggin ball under level greedy-man vibes man!!!!!

I hopeful for the de brotha :)

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2013, 11:46:46 AM »

He jogging around looking for a pass which never ca me. Remember you never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression. He reinforce my theory of why we don't win more often even though we have great talent and ability.

:applause:

i remember reading when dwight went on trial w/villa he would be there before and after sessions, doing push ups, shuttles etc to up his fitness to compete....success is a fine line between genius and insecurity, the "fear" of returning to mediocrity should be enough for these guys to push extra hard, matters in all walks of life competing at an international level....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2013, 12:30:18 PM »

I have to agree... you can't complain about men not passing him the ball, all them fellas hungry and looking to get in the squad and they supposed to share their opportunity with him?  He need to go out and seize that opportunity.  His reaction to adversity is one of the things I'm sure that the evaluators will be looking at.  You can't control what other people do, whether they pass you the ball or not, but you can always control how you play and how you respond/react.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2013, 02:03:44 PM »
Absolutely - the problem is the mentality when our players go abroad, possibly due to ill-preparation. It's a great shame and holding back Trini footballers from securing contracts abroad.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Joevin Jones set for Italy trial with Udinese
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2013, 03:14:44 PM »
When i watched the session a couple days ago i opted not to post it here because i was disappointed at the timid display by joevin from what i saw. I cudnt even watch the entire thing because i cudnt suffer it. Has to be hungrier than that. I didnt see him in the scrimmage for the session arter that. Saw him in the drills tho. At the end of a drill it seems as if he was roasted. Panting and blowing hard hands on hips trying to catch himself while walking for water. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2013, 05:22:36 PM »
When i watched the session a couple days ago i opted not to post it here because i was disappointed at the timid display by joevin from what i saw. I cudnt even watch the entire thing because i cudnt suffer it. Has to be hungrier than that. I didnt see him in the scrimmage for the session arter that. Saw him in the drills tho. At the end of a drill it seems as if he was roasted. Panting and blowing hard hands on hips trying to catch himself while walking for water. 

Which begs the question (already asked a million times) about conditioning in the local game.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2013, 06:08:33 PM »
We always overate Trini players. Jones does be jogging around with W and even with the National team. I watch his performance with W in Concacaf CL on  stream, he can't even lift his game at that level.
No  fight at all, weak on the ball, movement zero. Then he make a little move and everybody rah rah. Jones not close to SerieA standard  sorry if people feel I disrespectful, but I calling it as I see it. Right now T&T team have nobody ready for the big ball heights, we football in trouble

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2013, 06:23:45 PM »
We always overate Trini players. Jones does be jogging around with W and even with the National team. I watch his performance with W in Concacaf CL on  stream, he can't even lift his game at that level.
No  fight at all, weak on the ball, movement zero. Then he make a little move and everybody rah rah. Jones not close to SerieA standard  sorry if people feel I disrespectful, but I calling it as I see it. Right now T&T team have nobody ready for the big ball heights, we football in trouble
While true we does underestimate what it takes to play at a higher level, de man must have something about him to be so highly rated. I doh see PL games, so I does be trusting de people who do. So I assuming he able.

Nuff man we rate up and never go nowhere, though. Me eh know.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2013, 08:55:47 PM »
There still kinda young, no worldly experience   ,they don't know how to  impress someone on the spot ,he needs that self confidence some machismo ,toughness ,guts ,balls ,swagger . you know ..
like this song says .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQSk0CYPvwE

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2013, 06:16:08 AM »
if you readin Joevin, jus large up yuhself! nobody on here ever get no trial for no Serie A club (prob except 1 :) ). Try your best, be more aggressive, and at the end if it don't work out, at least you know what to do when you get back home (before your next big opportunity come knocking).  :beermug:

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2013, 07:04:35 AM »

Soldier is ah scout eye he catch in de gold cup...ah scout. ..meaning de man getting payy to find ppl....you is a scout?
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Joevin Jones fails to land deal in Udinese
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2013, 11:59:31 AM »
Addio Serie A: Joevin fails to seduce Udinese
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

DIRECTV W Connection and Trinidad and Tobago starlet Joevin Jones will have to wait a bit longer for the chance to ply his trade abroad; and it will probably not be in the Serie A.

Wired868 understands that Jones failed to impress during a trial with Italy top flight club, Udinese, and was sent home early. The talented 22-year-old utility player is expected to land in Piarco tomorrow night.

Jones’ trial was supposed to run for 12 days. Instead, it was cut short in under a week after the “Soca Warrior” played in a reserve team match for Udinese on Thursday.

A source, who kept in touch with Jones during his stint abroad, told Wired868 that Udinese felt the player did not yet have the dynamism expected for a club of that level.

Trinidad and Tobago players have walked straight out of the Pro League and into top flight teams in Scotland, Kazakhstan, Belgium and Hungary. But the gap between Connection and a respected Serie A club that once had the likes of Brazilian legend Zico and, more recently, Chilean star Alexis Sanchez on its books was apparently too wide to cross in barely a week’s time.

Twelve years ago, another Serie A team, Perugia, signed Connection midfielder Silvio Spann but Spann never played in the top flight and spent much of his time on loan in Serie C.

Jones’ return adds to a miserable spell for Connection in the transfer market as teammates Daneil Cyrus, Jamal Clarence and Jerrel Britto all left Vietnam last week without securing deals after trials with Hanoi T&T and Song Lam Nghe.

It is unlikely any of that quartet will feature in Connection’s upcoming TTFA FA Trophy final from 7.30 pm on Wednesday December 18 against Central FC at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

Connection won the FA Trophy three times before but its last success was over a decade ago in 2002 and the “Savonetta Boys” lost in three FA Trophy finals since then against North East Stars (2003), Caledonia AIA (2008) and Joe Public (2009) respectively.

Still, Connection starts as favourites against a Central outfit that is in its second successive FA Trophy final but enduring a modest run of form. Caledonia defeated Central 2-0 in the 2012/13 edition of Trinidad and Tobago’s oldest knock-out tournament.

Connection owner David John Williams could not be reached for comment on Jones’ imminent return and what the club’s recent transfer setbacks might mean for its business in the upcoming transfer window.

Connection is certain to add at least one fresh face to its ranks when the local transfer window swings open on December 23. Twenty-one year old attacker Shahdon Winchester has already returned from a loan stint with Finland Premier League team, FF Jaro, and spent the last month training with the Couva-based outfit. Connection has already agreed to send Winchester back to Jaro for another loan stint early next season.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 10:23:25 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>