March 19, 2024, 02:17:13 AM

Author Topic: Joevin Jones set for Italy trial with Udinese  (Read 26460 times)

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joevin Jones fails to land deal in Udinese
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2013, 12:06:37 PM »
Maybe the Trinbagonians should learn from the small islanders in this case Saint Lucia. Saint Lucian Zaine Pierre (another W Connection product) went over to Serie A Team Genoa a couple of years ago, he has prevailed and today he was on the bench against Atalanta. #99. He had one shot, went to Italy, impressed and remained. He was just 18 years old at the time, went there on his own, all he had was his determination & talent.

http://www.flashscore.com/match/YZPvHvj4/#lineups;1
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 12:14:24 PM by soccerrama »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joevin Jones set for Italy trial with Udinese
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2013, 12:07:56 PM »
Maybe the Trinbagonians should learn from the small islanders in this case Saint Lucia. Saint Lucian Zaine Pierre (another W Connection product) went over to Serie A Team Genoa a couple of years ago, he has prevailed and today he was on the bench against Atalanta. #99. He had one shot, went to Italy, impressed and remained.

To his benefit, he went slightly younger than Joevin. He seems to have support with him. On his twitter, he occasionally publishes photos of someone with him ... doh know if it's his father or brother or uncle ... but someone riding with him. The other noticeable thing is he focuses a lot on inspirational statements.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2013, 12:17:08 PM »
No surprised, watching his body language alone speaks volume.

You don't get a lot of opportunities but when you get you have to make use of it.

Is this kid to me is one of the best players we have in de league today.

Respect to Peltier, he went on his own and fight for a contract at a young age, de man was determine.

This is not the first time Joevin went on trials, so I am disappointed.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 12:20:02 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2013, 12:18:16 PM »
... the other issue here is that players tend to benefit more when trial opportunities come in fairly quick succession, rather than one this week and another who knows when. 

I would want my player to go to Udinese and then somewhere else, and if need be, somewhere else after that. If the player can't sustain Serie A/B expectations, that doesn't mean a look-in elsewhere on the continent would be folly. As I've stated on here before, I'm hard-pressed to think of African players getting the opportunity and winging back home just so.

Multiple opportunities on one trip is the better way to go, instead of winging over a bunch of places that might very well be in need of your services... Not to mention the likely disillusionment the player will feel through merely flying up and flying down upon rejection ... especially an early one.

I am curious to hear what the player's takeaway from this experience is. Lasana, dahis ting to do.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 12:33:25 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2013, 12:21:55 PM »
Maybe the Trinbagonians should learn from the small islanders in this case Saint Lucia. Saint Lucian Zaine Pierre (another W Connection product) went over to Serie A Team Genoa a couple of years ago, he has prevailed and today he was on the bench against Atalanta. #99. He had one shot, went to Italy, impressed and remained.

To his benefit, he went slightly younger than Joevin. He seems to have support with him. On his twitter, he occasionally publishes photos of someone with him ... doh know if it's his father or brother or uncle ... but someone riding with him. The other noticeable thing is he focuses a lot on inspirational statements.

Trust me he went on his own, he came from a single parent household (mother only). These are friendships he has developed, he was always focused and he is a virtual "ball hog", he knew what he wanted & when he got the break, he grabbed it with both hands. About being slightly younger my point exactly he was younger (18) so you would have thought that would have worked against him in terms of yearning for home etc but it didn't.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2013, 01:37:38 PM »
if you readin Joevin, jus large up yuhself! nobody on here ever get no trial for no Serie A club (prob except 1 :) ). Try your best, be more aggressive, and at the end if it don't work out, at least you know what to do when you get back home (before your next big opportunity come knocking).  :beermug:

Niceness...on the one hand I hope he reading to use the negativity-and ecouragment-as motivation (not that he should need more motivation anyway, right?) to do better. On the other hand I kinda hope he eh even studying we and just putting his head down and best foot forward.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2013, 02:29:59 PM »
I like JJ....but gotta be honest here....if that clip is what he's going through on that trial it aint making no sense. Correct me if I'm wrong but he got 2 touches? One kinda scaredy header and another to throw in the ball. NOBODY passed to him...NOBODY. Poor JJ body language and all poor. His shoulders dropped.....I could only imagine what he going through....probably aint understanding one ass, nobody giving him a pass, he aint know what to do and he cant even get d chance to do what he could do (play ball). Any local up there with him?
Flex right about those guys having some kind of support with them or they need a workshop on what to expect while on Trial.......otherwise Im thinking 2 things........he needs to assert himself (be more aggressive) and whoever running the training should/would make sure plays are running thru him to see what he have to offer........that's if an Invited Trial :banginghead:

That's for college. This is a big man game. It have so many other players waiting to come in and impress right away. No one have to make things good for you. They open the door for you now the onus is on you to find a seat, you can make some one get up or you can wait until someone tired sitting down.
I agree with what you are saying but sometimes the maturity level just isn't there as yet for a young man and no matter what age sometimes we all need a strong support system around us.......especially during a life alternating move........making the adjustment from T&T into the real world is not easy for anyone

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2013, 03:09:36 PM »
if you readin Joevin, jus large up yuhself! nobody on here ever get no trial for no Serie A club (prob except 1 :) ). Try your best, be more aggressive, and at the end if it don't work out, at least you know what to do when you get back home (before your next big opportunity come knocking).  :beermug:

Niceness...on the one hand I hope he reading to use the negativity-and ecouragment-as motivation (not that he should need more motivation anyway, right?) to do better. On the other hand I kinda hope he eh even studying we and just putting his head down and best foot forward.

only if he sorf he wud hav a prob.  criticism, even extreme criticism, is a part of it

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2013, 04:01:05 PM »
The man need the criticism. The send him home early. He ent even last the trial period.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2013, 04:06:45 PM »
I say we take the criticism up several notches (if indeed they really send him home early), let's not let this glorious opportunity go to waste, I'm sure we could make this at least ah 7-pager if we dig deep...c'mon now, off we go!!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2013, 04:53:53 PM »
Exactly I can't believe they shelled out so much for a plane ticket and didn't go around looking for trials in the local area - as I mentioned before I suspect bad planning and preparation (of course I ain't saying I'd know any better! Simply that we probably need to up our game with it comes to marketing out players)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2013, 05:09:02 PM »
Peltier made waves in England .. went on trial at millwall ended up at arsenal earned a second trial there however Cardiff and Portsmouth  made offers . and his  work permit fell trough or he would have earned a move ... so to did hyland ....  Don't know what's up with Jones
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2013, 05:19:22 PM »

i was watching a short documentary on dwight yorke on youtube and in it he talked about wanting to escape the grinding poverty he grew up in, and being determined to do so at all costs.   you hadda want it in life, and sometimes you get the impression that our players doesn't want it hard enough (not saying that this is the case here, i just saying in general)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2013, 05:24:03 PM »
The man need the criticism. The send him home early. He ent even last the trial period.
Yes the man needs the criticism if it's constructive,better luck next time.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2013, 05:26:58 PM »
I wished him all the best, and know he was and is capable of making the team, but i'm not surprised he did not get through.  Just from seeing  some short clips of his trial (and yes, I understand there's much more to a few short clips), the body-language and general demeanor goes a long way.  You cannot go to any interview or trial to a team and act as if the weather is affecting you.  You cannot have your hands on your waist as if you're exhausted.  And you cannot go into a trail and play at half-speed because you want to be 'respectful' to every one else.

You have to go in there and run hard...play hard...mark- hard...tackle hard...and make yourself available & free for the passes.  It is not a vacation, and the people there don't care about you and if you're timid and a nice guy.  The are looking to hire pitbulls and lions.

They not looking to hire skillful timid rabbits with a free pass to heaven.  They want players who walk with Hellfire to their backs.

That's my observation.   
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2013, 05:56:54 PM »
lacked dynamism...hmm

disappointed that he didnt last the entire thing but these clubs dont play...if you dont fit with their philosophy then ur throat is cut and you cant really fault them...these top level clubs is not just about talent for them...mentality, drive, bite and conditioning is key as those things u can say help activate and accentuate talent...so it speaks volumes that the club so early into the thing realised they were wasting their time...because honestly they schedule trials for a number of ppl throughout the year. disappointed that he didnt show enough so at least they can purchase him and send him out on loan somewhere..and trust me udinese has dozens of guys on loan in spain, england, italy and all over europe...

maybe these fellas cool with being starboys here at home...a good friend of mine had a trial with columbus crew last year...i implored the guy to stop with the 'small sweat' leading up to the trial date since all dis small sweat take place at all parts of the country on all kinda football fields that can cause injury...i told him focus on his conditioning...anyway i spoke in vain...so he went up..lasted the full trial period...even impressed the coaches but he spoke of the fitness levels of the guys up there...even tho some of the guys were obviously less talented than he, they were fit no arse and had some iron lungs..and this is MLS eh!...he was able to see where he was at...needed more size on him and needed to up his conditioning...

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2013, 05:57:37 PM »
Once in a lifetime chance ,squandered ..schuckss...wonder why dad Philbert didnt go with him and man walk him tru it .He needed to act as if he belonged ,as if the Seria A was waiting for him . Be one of the guys juggle the ball like maradonna ...anything to stick .Act like Eric Cantona going for a try out .
Dont act like your overwhelmed or out of your depth ,WC need to better prepare trailist .otherwise they just trowing them in the deep end .
all these guys and men .cant just belike  ,me i woulda being brave swinging my....  like eddie murphy bahamas  guy forgot his name .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nozewQJ4hyw
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 06:08:41 PM by Qmire »

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2013, 06:01:46 PM »
Once in a lifetime chance ,squandered ..schuckss...wonder why dad Philbert didnt go with him and man walk him tru it .He needed to act as if belonged ,as if the Seria A was waiting for him . Be one of the guys juggle the ball like maradonna ...anything to stick .Act like Eric Cantona going for a try out .
Dont act like your overwhelmed or out of your deoth ,WC need to better prepare trailist .otherwise they just trowing them in the deep end .
all these guys and men .cant just be ,me i woulda being brave swinging my  like eddie murphy .

lol yea i agree...like kevin hart say...:say it with ya chest"

hard luck but he will learn...pro ball is not only what is seen on the field..is a lot off it and in ur mind that contributes to what u see when u flick on espn or sportsmax on a weekend morning...thas y d shittiest of players i give them they props...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2013, 06:06:09 PM »
lacked dynamism...hmm

yep... read between the lines
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2013, 06:16:37 PM »
lacked dynamism...hmm

yep... read between the lines

i aint mean to sound a certain way but when u see a black player lining up for udinese u tend to know what you're gonna get...strong like an ox..confidence...bursting speed...quick on the ball...imposing...asamaoh gyan, kwadwo asamoah, muntari, appiah when they were there, even curently badu...impose themselves on and off the ball...when opportunities come u hadda take it

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2013, 07:28:19 PM »
Once in a lifetime chance ,squandered ..schuckss...wonder why dad Philbert didnt go with him and man walk him tru it .He needed to act as if he belonged ,as if the Seria A was waiting for him . Be one of the guys juggle the ball like maradonna ...anything to stick .Act like Eric Cantona going for a try out .
Dont act like your overwhelmed or out of your depth ,WC need to better prepare trailist .otherwise they just trowing them in the deep end .
all these guys and men .cant just belike  ,me i woulda being brave swinging my....  like eddie murphy bahamas  guy forgot his name .
     His Dad is not Philbert,he is the son of Kelvin Jones.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2013, 09:23:09 PM »
     His Dad is not Philbert,he is the son of Kelvin Jones.
oh shoot dohhhh   Hey at least I didnt get the dreaded Awatt ticket .It would`ve been my first ever  .damn thanks coops ,sorry Philbert and jeovin and Kelvin ,......the Strike squad generation over here .

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2013, 05:02:26 AM »
Qmire,i would like u or anyone on this site to explain to me how u/club prepare a trialist?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2013, 05:40:39 AM »
Qmire,i would like u or anyone on this site to explain to me how u/club prepare a trialist?

Following steps would presumably be part of it (but speaking mostly from ignorance)

-Breakdown of potential tactical roles you would fill at the club
-Preparation for style of play
-Any information on the current training regime
-Comparisons between the player and competing players at the club
-Breakdown of club culture and history
-Information on manager and coaches
-Informal meetings with representatives before the trial with anyone you can muster together, even if on Skype
-Intensive training in the weeks leading to the trial
-Itinerary for down-time that can relieve some of the pressure/stress
-Working on confidence/commanding in order to get ball time during trial
-Making sure at least one family/friend representative can come over for the trial
-Basic language necessities (common phrases for demanding the ball, common tactical shouts, thank you, etc)

It can be overcome with a high work rate from the player (see Dwight Yorke), so it's not a magic ticket, but they'd be things I'd work on if I was a player agent

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2013, 05:52:24 AM »
Amen T, no different from any prof interview.  Employment is all about a marriage for the apprpriate length of time, find out about your employer's needs, determine how you can illustrate that you at least meet the min requirements for those needs and if not close the gap before you interview, ie if seriously interested, and then of course sell yourself on the days in question...having internal advocates tht can +vely aid your cause
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2013, 06:15:17 AM »
Saw the 2 minute training clip last week, and just as anyone else was not too impressed but was half hoping that this scrimmage was just a very minor part of the training session and that he got more involved in other drills that would allow him to display his talents in his favored positions e.g. a whole field practice game etc. After all it was only 2 minutes.

I was more impressed by the fact that in this day and age, we as fans could actually get a glimpse of one of our players on a trial, i think that's something unprecedented for me at least.

I can't say I know what a trial entails and I suspect the same goes for the majority of posters here, so I won't go so far as to pass judgement on what I saw in that small clip. Anyone who has seen Joevin play knows that high intensity, workrate, hustle and grit is not his game so I am not at all surprised. Although I too would have like to see him more assertive, you can't ask the man to pretend to be what he is not, he has to play his game. As is the case with the majority of skillful Trinidadian players, that's something I would have hoped he would have learned from a stint abroad.

Hope he keeps his head up, takes the lessons from the experience and uses them to his benefit in the next trial to come along (because they will). He's a very good player, so I think its only a matter of time.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2013, 07:33:03 AM »
Where just talking general not about Joevin rite ,Coops in your generation  with you Gally ,Steve ect ,you guys just had to be yourselves ,just grown men .Now ah days nuff guidance and hand holding ,tips and motivation keep him her focused.
 iIf it was my kid.I would use unorthodox methods which I cant put everything ,but basically anything that you think would be needed for his his confidence and desire to soar .
These kids dont seem to want to be the the next Dwight ,they got to learn its ok to be the best at what you do .
My kid  I would have them master a serie A video game tbh ,just to let them since the atmosphere and would want them to win the game lol.
I would show them the great history and heritage of the club .let them know whats at stake .
Watch tons of video of the club playing ,to get a since what they want ,and then start trainig to atleast be close to there fitness .Find out about the coach  ,and his style .
When my kid gets there atleast if he dont make it ,they wont say he was not prepared .
With a kid like Joevin his dad did a wonderful job ,just having a kid this talented not to mention trainig him awesome job   .The next hurdle was just ushering him kicking and screaming into glory .
Hey btw my 6 yr old starts Whoo shu classes tonite .That should kung foo kick the shyness outta him lol
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 07:44:27 AM by Qmire »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2013, 07:55:11 AM »
Btw a motivated player could do these things themselves ,unless there nervous and over whelmed by the opportunity .Thats where support comes in to play .

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2013, 09:18:24 AM »
Typical Trinbagonian mentality..look how people are chastising and criticizing the yute for not making it in a trial... no wonder the country is in  the current state.....it was his trial..nobody else's ...some of you act as if you've never had a job interview and not gotten the job.
JJ if you're reading this is what can you take from this experience and move forward.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2013, 09:35:44 AM »
What is it with our soccer players ,if Bovell was going to try out for a high paying swimming club ,I bet he wouldve had a 2 month training stint to get ready .
Same with our Olympic sport ppl train like animals to get ready ,except our footballers .What footballers dont need to constantly improve and work hard as in other disciplines ?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 09:37:53 AM by Qmire »

1]; } ?>