March 19, 2024, 01:07:58 AM

Author Topic: Joevin Jones set for Italy trial with Udinese  (Read 26456 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Joevin Jones set for Italy trial with Udinese
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2013, 09:46:49 AM »
Typical Trinbagonian mentality..look how people are chastising and criticizing the yute for not making it in a trial... no wonder the country is in  the current state.....it was his trial..nobody else's ...some of you act as if you've never had a job interview and not gotten the job.
JJ if you're reading this is what can you take from this experience and move forward.
Typical Trinbagonian mentality is being too soft-skinned about criticism. Criticism in the right spirit is important, and I ain't see nobody here go left yet.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2013, 10:18:06 AM »
I feel some ah allyuh want blood from a stone.  JJ is not gritty nor known for crunching takles etc.  He has some speed, a soft touch and good control.  Conditioning is always a problem it seems for our players which speaks to their playing and training environment in the PFL which is several steps behind.  Our players should be aware of the fact that condition wise they are not up to standard and if they have high aspirations should be working on that on their own since PFL doesn't prepare them for that.  Hard luck JJ, use the experience to prepare for when the next opportunity knocks.

I hop Nashy is paying attention to this thread since he has dreams of moving on to Europe. 

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2013, 10:24:17 AM »
Men here upset, but part of this is the culture back home.  We are too laid back, and wait for things to come to us.  Also, the level of intensity of our training sessions leaves a lot to be desired.  We play WAY too slow.  I always had issues when I was vacation from college in the U.S. and had to play with Trini teams.  Whenever I tried to spring an attack as a GK, I would get the defenders saying to slow it down; utter madness if the opportunity is on.  We also need to teach these fellas life skills, as they seem totally lost when removed from their natural environs.  If they want to make it in Europe, they'll have to learn to adapt to different cultures.  Easier said than done, but it's a necessity for any aspiring footballer hoping to make it big in Europe.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2013, 10:35:15 AM »
Men here upset, but part of this is the culture back home.  We are too laid back, and wait for things to come to us.  Also, the level of intensity of our training sessions leaves a lot to be desired.  We play WAY too slow.  I always had issues when I was vacation from college in the U.S. and had to play with Trini teams.  Whenever I tried to spring an attack as a GK, I would get the defenders saying to slow it down; utter madness if the opportunity is on. We also need to teach these fellas life skills, as they seem totally lost when removed from their natural environs.  If they want to make it in Europe, they'll have to learn to adapt to different cultures.  Easier said than done, but it's a necessity for any aspiring footballer hoping to make it big in Europe.

I hate this with a passion. One of my biggest pet peeves.

But ditto to all what you say...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2013, 10:40:44 AM »
I feel some ah allyuh want blood from a stone.  JJ is not gritty nor known for crunching takles etc.  He has some speed, a soft touch and good control.  Conditioning is always a problem it seems for our players which speaks to their playing and training environment in the PFL which is several steps behind.  Our players should be aware of the fact that condition wise they are not up to standard and if they have high aspirations should be working on that on their own since PFL doesn't prepare them for that.  Hard luck JJ, use the experience to prepare for when the next opportunity knocks.

I hop Nashy is paying attention to this thread since he has dreams of moving on to Europe. 
So he was like a violinist in a rock band.
ok but that scout saw a niche he might fit in the organization .Infact that scout shouldve been his best friend over there .
btw what international player has a similar skill set to joevin .and what route did he take ?

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2013, 11:11:16 AM »
This is Joevin Jones 3rd trial abroad. In each situation he was cut without even getting into a pre season game.Couldn't get pass the scrimmage. If he did not learn anything from his past two experiences, how many trials would it take for him to learn something? Trials are not a guarantee. Life can throw Joevin a curve ball tomorrow and change his whole story. You gotta take advantage of an opportunity to play with a big club like Udinese. You have to research the club, the coaches running the club, players and owners to optimize your chances of being selected. Reiterating what someone said earlier, which were great points by the way. Whoever labelled this kid a starlet might have done him an injustice. Why would you travel 100s of miles to learn that you were not prepared. If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 16, 2013, 11:34:47 AM »
This guy has the rarest of all football gifts .More prized and valued than anything else ,the ability score bag full of goals .But the coaches would never see it ,if he never bother to even make a run and poach a one quick ,before they pull him off .

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2013, 11:40:54 AM »
I wish we had defenders like the boy who played in the 2006 WC;he got sent off in the second half against Sweden,can't remember his name,but he was the business.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2013, 11:43:33 AM »
as someone said earlier about researching club, tactics, coaches etc they were spot on. yes we live in an epl-centric country but the internet at your fingertips...maybe someone told him serie a is a slow league and he bought into that i dunno...but some of their coaches have brutal training regimes...i dunno how deep a role Monti played here but i would like to think that he brought joevin up to speed on what to expect...i have visitors coming in for carnival and i prepping them already for what to expect from safety to physical conditioning to party and lime for carnival...

so, i dunno what went on with joevin..as someone else said it would be interesting if liburd or flex or tallman interview these guys so there experiences would be out there for all ballers to see and learn from...we wud learn more from failures than successes..

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2013, 11:44:24 AM »
I wish we had defenders like the boy who played in the 2006 WC;he got sent off in the second half against Sweden,can't remember his name,but he was the business.

avery john

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2013, 11:52:48 AM »
You have to want it... as Sam said, Body Language was off.. he is an arrogant kid locally, everyone knows he has a confident vybe in the local game.... fold up in that environment, unfortunately.. could be a good lesson for him. If you want to play in Europe etc you have to go out there with a do or die attitude

Anything else and you on a plane home early watching a Caribbean Airline movie

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2013, 12:11:41 PM »
You have to want it... as Sam said, Body Language was off.. he is an arrogant kid locally, everyone knows he has a confident vybe in the local game.... fold up in that environment, unfortunately.. could be a good lesson for him. If you want to play in Europe etc you have to go out there with a do or die attitude

didnt know he had a starboy mentality but i wudnt doubt it as ive seen how alot of youth ballers comport themselves in public..

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2013, 12:14:18 PM »

didnt know he had a starboy mentality but i wudnt doubt it as ive seen how alot of youth ballers comport themselves in public..

I doh have a problem with starboy mentality. But TAKE IT WITH YOU on your travels.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 16, 2013, 01:17:45 PM »
Men here upset, but part of this is the culture back home.  We are too laid back, and wait for things to come to us.  Also, the level of intensity of our training sessions leaves a lot to be desired.  We play WAY too slow.  I always had issues when I was vacation from college in the U.S. and had to play with Trini teams.  Whenever I tried to spring an attack as a GK, I would get the defenders saying to slow it down; utter madness if the opportunity is on. We also need to teach these fellas life skills, as they seem totally lost when removed from their natural environs.  If they want to make it in Europe, they'll have to learn to adapt to different cultures.  Easier said than done, but it's a necessity for any aspiring footballer hoping to make it big in Europe.

Tenors, what did you do at that pt? Take off your gloves and walk off?  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2013, 01:18:06 PM »
Those who say negatives are being posted, I will really like for you to point to a post that is negative. Criticism, disappointment being expressed, but I am yet to read a negative post.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2013, 02:17:41 PM »

avery john
Yea,that's the boy,ah loved his game.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 16, 2013, 02:33:30 PM »
Those who say negatives are being posted, I will really like for you to point to a post that is negative. Criticism, disappointment being expressed, but I am yet to read a negative post.

I say negatives are being posted because all of a sudden everyone knows why he didn't make it. His failure to make is is an indictment upon Trini football and its coaches as he is a product of that. That is what people are supposed to be criticizing.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 16, 2013, 04:04:44 PM »

I say negatives are being posted because all of a sudden everyone knows why he didn't make it. His failure to make is is an indictment upon Trini football and its coaches as he is a product of that. That is what people are supposed to be criticizing.

You have a fair point - I think it's really collective disappointment - I can't speak for anyone else but I'm gutted that a Trini isn't plying his trade in Serie A, especially one of Jones' talent. Apart from that disappointment there's that knowledge - he's a good player who didn't show it in his trial and a number of us are drawing conclusions. There's just disappointment about the game we all love :(

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 16, 2013, 04:12:43 PM »

Well if you thinking like that you should thank Trini football and Trini coaches for him getting the trial.  If he's good enough to get there, he had a chance.  Maybe Mr Jones just ain't ready yet for top flight.  Obviously. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2013, 04:33:35 PM »

Lol...nah...Ah only do that once in my career....lol ;D

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 16, 2013, 04:36:43 PM »

Wouldn't say negatives are being aimed at him personally.  We all know the problem with Trini football is systemic.  On the other hand, there has to be personal accountability at some level.  At some point, players need to be professional enough and prepare themselves for when opportunity comes knocking. 

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2013, 04:36:55 PM »

Twice!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 16, 2013, 04:37:56 PM »

Twice!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2013, 04:52:29 PM »

Bullocks!

Jovein didn't make it because he wasn't good enough full stop. Out of the same coaching systems locally we have dozens of players playing in clubs all over the world. Our local football infrastructure is hardly up to scratch but players with the talent and the commitment have taken their chances in other places and plying their trade. The difference this time is that we have seen some of the clips first hand and combined with the FACT that he was sent home early gives rise to the assumption as to why his trial was cut.  Before the trial, everybody yes EVERYBODY had high hopes for the man, he is extremely talented but so are thousands of other players and as one of our own we were all behind him. Again we all hope for him to learn from this experience and keep plugging away. Jovein if you reading this my brother keep your head up and when you go again cause i believe you will. Grab the opportunity with both hands and feet.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2013, 05:35:57 PM »
I think the saying failure to prepare will prepare you to fail, from the clips he looked out of place , like he did not belong. That shows he was not mentally prepared to face whatever was there to be encountered. Talented will get you in doors but your work ethic and desire to succeed is what keeps you there.
Professionalism is a lifestyle , how you think , eat, tackle situations , carry yourself. The first thing clubs need to do back hope is change the culture of its organization, because you are setting up these your men to fail by just sending them out there on just talent alone. Talent is abundant , heart is the 2% that make it.
Another thing is football is a brotherhood, these players have enough men back home to enquire of the culture they about to enter into. It can't be that hard to pick the phone and make a call to a Sancho. a Hyland and get some advice. Today's generation is a different breed but like generations before, those who commit to succeed invite guidance while others grasp at the rope after they begin to fall.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2013, 06:15:22 PM »

:beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2013, 06:27:31 PM »
i want to add one thing too that im seeing years now that to me showed me that clubs here do not see about their players properly..ive seen school ballers, national ballers and club ballers working out in the gym and not knowing what exercises to do or how to structure a workout...the exercises they do are usually not what is required from football players,..do not know what the strength training aspect of local football clubs is like but it seems poor to me...its as tho they leave everyone to find a gym wherever and do a thing..

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2013, 08:13:26 PM »

Twice!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug:

Good times man, is nice we could look back at these moments and laugh, that's what it's all about  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2013, 09:46:42 AM »
A little disappointed but keep at it son, he needs the guidance of players who have been around to many a trial to give him some advice such as Latas, Yorke or even Lawrence. I dont think its an issue of his talent its about controlling the nerves and he probably needs a little more grooming.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2018, 01:13:28 PM »
They also did a test training at Udinese Calcio and were sent away after a short while because they were "not dynamic" enough. That's surprising, did you still have jet lag?

(laughs) Honestly, I was just not as good as the other players there. I learned from it, went home and continued working on my game and attitude to reach that level. But it was not a setback, just a lesson to remember my strengths again.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/2bundesliga/startseite/727463/artikel_jones_ich-will-mindestens-zehn-tore-schiessen.html
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>