March 28, 2024, 03:04:41 PM

Author Topic: Adidas launch World Cup Brazuca football in Trinidad  (Read 2419 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Adidas launch World Cup Brazuca football in Trinidad
« on: December 05, 2013, 05:37:18 PM »
Central F.C. helped Adidas launch the 2014 World Cup football by organising an exhibition football tournament in Ariapita Avenue.

It was originally carded for Friday evening but due to a delay in Panama, the event took place on Tuesday.

The formal launch of the ball took place simultaneously around the world and Anil Roberts and Raymond Tim-Kee attended the Wednesday morning Trinidad launch.

Mr Tim-Kee was instrumental in organising the permissions to stage the tournament while Brent Sancho was the Trinidad event host.

http://www.centralfctt.com/videos/11.php

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Adidas launch World Cup Brazuca football in Trinidad
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 05:50:04 PM »
Check the video, 0:40 nah saddis yuh wicked :rotfl:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 06:08:20 PM »

Darin "Speng" Lewis is still the trickiest player in T&T, but did you spot Roopie? (Central No4)

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 06:38:34 PM »
FS I think youtube has blocked it…..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 06:45:04 PM »
FS I think youtube has blocked it…..

Yeah, some people can't view it because of permission settings for the soundtrack. Will try to post a version without music by weekend.

Shame, Amwood, you had some moves going on there, bro!!

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 08:20:43 PM »
Oh so that was Roopie….

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 08:26:40 PM »
Oh so that was Roopie….

Amwood, what's your impression of him?
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 09:40:28 PM »

Darin "Speng" Lewis is still the trickiest player in T&T, but did you spot Roopie? (Central No4)

I wonder if it's the same Darin Lewis who played Secondary Schools Football for Belmont back in the early to mid-ninties?

I did notice Roopie, when I saw the hair and the way he was dribbling I figured that was him out there.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 09:47:13 PM »

I wonder if it's the same Darin Lewis who played Secondary Schools Football for Belmont back in the early to mid-ninties?

I did notice Roopie, when I saw the hair and the way he was dribbling I figured that was him out there.

That's him.

http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/senior-team-news/player-directory.html?view=playerprofile&id=489

Think he also played in Croatia. I can't believe he only won two caps....he can do magic with a football and he's a top guy to lime with!!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 09:50:25 PM by Football supporter »

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 09:52:12 PM »

Not sure about school, but he played in Croatia amongst other countries and the national team.

That is indeed the man, current member of VFI football squad and I believe he's come out of retirement to continue playing with WASA...on another note, that man like tuh beat lawwdd..

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 09:53:27 PM »

Not sure about school, but he played in Croatia amongst other countries and the national team.

Yea that's probably him, he's a very skillful player with lot's of flair. Very deceptive and as you said, tricky!

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 09:58:37 PM »
Oh so that was Roopie….

Thought he had some nice touches, but there was literally no space out there to play....as a man who enjoys seeing a beat or two, he may be quite the entertainer, as a coach, I would be more interested in seeing if there is an end product to his approach.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 10:40:18 PM »
Oh so that was Roopie….

Thought he had some nice touches, but there was literally no space out there to play....as a man who enjoys seeing a beat or two, he may be quite the entertainer, as a coach, I would be more interested in seeing if there is an end product to his approach.

This is the problem. Like Speng, Roopie is an entertainer, but is he a luxury player? Darren "Chucky" Mitchell was exciting last year, but this year is a better, more productive player as he has more defensive duties, but he's no longer as exciting to watch. Coaches need to win matches, not entertain audiences and players like Speng and Roopie, while being supporter favourites, don't always excite the coach.

Roopie has lots of ability, but the coach will decide if he can play a role in the squad.

Personally, I would sign Speng and let him play the last 15 minutes to bring in the crowds! (Which is probably why I'll never get a coaching job lol)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2013, 03:07:03 AM »
Man Speng still has the moves! Who were the teams playing there FS?

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 03:55:10 AM »
Oh so that was Roopie….

Went to the Brazuca launch and was impress by Roopie touches, he is a good box type player and will cause a lot of trouble in the final third, he also has a good left foot. I believe Central should take a chance with him as he will grow into their system pretty well and will add some flair to Central game both him and Winchester will be good. He will get more complete once given the chance to play regular and around a pro team, good investment.

I was also impress with the fact that he does extra work after training, that shows discipline and determination.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 04:37:18 AM by Insider »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 05:34:38 AM »
Man Speng still has the moves! Who were the teams playing there FS?

Sancho selected a "Samba" team to represent Adidas and they were supplied with uniforms and boots, but they did not arrive in time. The tournament was moved to Tuesday afternoon.
Various footballers were invited including Shaquille Henry. Also some teams such as VFI and some decent school teams.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 09:12:48 AM »

1]; } ?>