April 23, 2024, 10:20:31 PM

Author Topic: Why doesn't Hart have access to local players?  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Why doesn't Hart have access to local players?
« on: December 10, 2013, 04:41:25 AM »

Senior team has no training. He only have access to the players on FIFA dates. The pro clubs (foreign and local) will not release players to them otherwise.

This is real bull shit especially by the local clubs.

We need to have a local team in training, even if its once every 2 weeks.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 06:24:32 AM »
What obligation do local clubs have with regard to the release of players for national duty?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Why doesn't Hart have access to local players?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 06:44:13 AM »
What obligation do local clubs have with regard to the release of players for national duty?

None, except caps so they status could go up then de club could sell them and get money. They could also improve as players. All kinda thing.

Nah, stay with your club, Hart go only pick foreigners and then de locals go vex.

This is T&T and de locals based there, it cost nothing to have training sessions with them atleast once every 2 weeks.

This is de first time I see a coach not getting access to players when they have no games.

Let de club keep them and then you go hear de local club coach crying with they players not getting picked.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 07:27:38 AM »
Central F.C. have received no requests to release players.

But this would be madness at this time. Every pitch in T&T is waterlogged or heavy and teams focused on cup and league games.

It's a good idea to get the lads together and integrate new faces. Best time would be Christmas week or Carnival week.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 09:11:03 AM »
Not sure what one training session a week is good for.

Better to get the players for consecutive days,  have one or two games at the end

Carnival week may be a good, but then again those locals wont have ball on their mind ;D To make it worst I think the  FIFA date is Ash Wednesday.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 10:05:30 AM »
I think it might be better for clubs to pay attention to the "system" the coach is trying to implement then "design" their team tactics with a "national system" in mind....err, should one become concrete that is............this will allow for the locals to fall in without much trouble.........isn't that what Germany and spain did........u don't hear about National reserve teams too often
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 10:39:35 AM »
We have to get out of the idea of running we National Program like a club. Why should the National team coach be hold training session regularly when players should be with their clubs?

The NT Coach should be in the stands at games[practices] looking and taking notes on current national team players and scouting new ones. looking at how players play in various formations, against different opponents and in various conditions. He should be flying to the international base players games to see them perform (in KJ case practice).

Player need to be able to get together a couple weeks before an international game and get things going.

This is where if real development had taken place in the formal years show itself.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 11:08:26 AM »
We have to get out of the idea of running we National Program like a club. Why should the National team coach be hold training session regularly when players should be with their clubs?

The NT Coach should be in the stands at games[practices] looking and taking notes on current national team players and scouting new ones. looking at how players play in various formations, against different opponents and in various conditions. He should be flying to the international base players games to see them perform (in KJ case practice).

Player need to be able to get together a couple weeks before an international game and get things going.

This is where if real development had taken place in the formal years show itself.

Hart was at both Pro League games on Friday and at Central vs Connection on Saturday. He's a regular at Pro League matches, catches a lot of Super League and cup matches and also checks out Intercol.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 11:23:49 AM »
Tbh regular training session aren't that feasible - if Hart has a specific request for training I'm sure he can just call them or the club up and ask them to focus on that or do some extra training

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 07:03:59 AM »
It's interesting that this topic has to come up,i remember when Latapy/Shabazz was coaching the national team they used to get a lot of pressure from local clubs to release players for national team training especially in the height of Football season.

Fenwick used to be the one out front because he had about eight national team players on his team (Jabloteh) there,he also used to say his players not benefiting anything from national team training Latapy has nothing to teach them.

I wonder if Hart was to call local players up for training what the response would be in light of the success the national team is having.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 10:01:34 AM »
Not the business of national team coach to develop players.  Plus, clubs are only obligated to release their players during officially sanctioned Fifa playing windows.  What we need to do is improve the structure of local football, and improve the coaching stock at the club level.  This way, the national team coach will not have to be focusing on remedial work.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 10:13:22 AM »
I think is it acceptable (and sensible) for Hart to liaise with club coaches as it's in everyone's interest. For example, if Hart was thinking of playing Winchester in the Kenwyne role, he could ask Fenwick about his opinion and if he could give Winchester help in that area, or if he wanted to put Cyrus in the Birchall role, he could consult with Fervier.
Hart would need to be careful that he doesn't step on toes, but if he built a good relationship, it could be beneficial to both sides. For example, if a club had a player on the cusp of selection, Hart could explain what he needs to see from the player to step up.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 11:50:22 AM »
I think is it acceptable (and sensible) for Hart to liaise with club coaches as it's in everyone's interest. For example, if Hart was thinking of playing Winchester in the Kenwyne role, he could ask Fenwick about his opinion and if he could give Winchester help in that area, or if he wanted to put Cyrus in the Birchall role, he could consult with Fervier.
Hart would need to be careful that he doesn't step on toes, but if he built a good relationship, it could be beneficial to both sides. For example, if a club had a player on the cusp of selection, Hart could explain what he needs to see from the player to step up.
       I think it's sensible,this is something our Football needs if it's to improve,if Coaches in our country have to be on the same page/level.i remember way back when i was involved with T&T Fooball,learning my trade coaching courses etc etc there was always talk about a Coaches Association but it never came to pass,that talk every now and then comes up but always empty.In the US it have the NSCAA which is well established they do lisense courses and everything,even Lincoln Phillips headed a black Coaches assoc i don't know if that's still in operation.

This in something our Football needs,an organization where Coaches can come together from time to time and have discussions like what u are implimenting there,share ideas/experiences,some Coaches have problems and don't know the best way to handle them,the national team Coach can have a better relationship with club/school Coaches both girls and boys.   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 11:59:23 AM »
I think it might be better for clubs to pay attention to the "system" the coach is trying to implement then "design" their team tactics with a "national system" in mind....err, should one become concrete that is............this will allow for the locals to fall in without much trouble.........isn't that what Germany and spain did........u don't hear about National reserve teams too often

So clubs should keep changing their "system" everytime a new national team coach comes in?  What about the philosophy of the club coach... doesn't matter?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 12:50:37 PM »
It's interesting that this topic has to come up,i remember when Latapy/Shabazz was coaching the national team they used to get a lot of pressure from local clubs to release players for national team training especially in the height of Football season.

Fenwick used to be the one out front because he had about eight national team players on his team (Jabloteh) there,he also used to say his players not benefiting anything from national team training Latapy has nothing to teach them.

I wonder if Hart was to call local players up for training what the response would be in light of the success the national team is having.

Coop's not totally true, Fenwick problem was that players were being called outside of the FIFA date and there was not a schedule as to when players were being called. Teams as I recall were in the middle of the season and Latapy wanted players at NT training 2 & 3 times a week.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 12:59:10 PM »

So clubs should keep changing their "system" everytime a new national team coach comes in?  What about the philosophy of the club coach... doesn't matter?

This is where we lapse in proper development. Tactically, players need to understand modern functional/positional movements. These needs to be taught by the club. This will allow us to transition easier from club football to NT football. Patterns, players need to be able to recognize certain pattern of play and make the necessary movements to suit.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 01:41:32 PM »
Hart doing it right,IMO. when time to pick, he will pick who he observe playing his way...and then when they get together determine if he picked the wrong guy or re-enforce/stamp his philosophies.
Why should he pick someone who obviously good, and then try to teach him something in a limited time, not knowing if it will take or not, that is a gamble...what happens then if there are issues, he would have been wasting both his and the players time..NT service is not the players job, is an honour and possible stepping stone. Most Big team scouts don't just look at skill, but attitude and coachabilty as well, and then they send them for trial, then contract negotiate, only after all that they get selected. Why pull ppl from club training to after awhile and aggravating coaches and clubs, not select them..Nah, I trust Hart to choose the right players, sure sometimes he will make mistakes, but he#s going with the best process_scenario, I think..he has had the experience and i trust his judgement

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 03:55:04 PM »
Clubs develop the players.
The best players will emerge
The national team will be selected from the best players
Forget the rest

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 04:22:20 PM »

never said it didn't matter ....but assuming clubs want to their players exposed internationally it would be in the interest to produce players that can fit adapt to the nation "program" if spain and germany could do dat within clubs and club academies in the mix without stepping on toes why can't we .....drop d crab metal and do the same it just need everyone to buy in
I pity the fool....

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 04:47:57 PM »

never said it didn't matter ....but assuming clubs want to their players exposed internationally it would be in the interest to produce players that can fit adapt to the nation "program" if spain and germany could do dat within clubs and club academies in the mix without stepping on toes why can't we .....drop d crab metal and do the same it just need everyone to buy in

This what you speak of his really done at the grassroots or academy level. The senior team is the outcome which takes many years of layering. In addition this is the role of a technical director to introduce.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 05:17:50 PM »

This what you speak of his really done at the grassroots or academy level. The senior team is the outcome which takes many years of layering. In addition this is the role of a technical director to introduce.

yeah I know it was at the academy level and took years, but my argument stems from the fact dat I don't think a reserve team will be a very useful idea
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>