April 25, 2024, 11:28:28 AM

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones to join Warriors after all.  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Kenwyne Jones to join Warriors after all.
« on: November 06, 2005, 04:55:47 AM »
Kenwyne Jones makes it 22 now.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Leo Beenhakker will have his hands full come Monday after Southampton striker Kenwyne Jones was passed fit on Saturday and will be arriving to join the team camp for the weekend showdown with Bahrain at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
It was only Friday when Southampton FC sent a fax to the TTFF advising that Jones was unfit to travel and partake in the preparations and match due to a hamstring injury which forced Beenhakker to omit him from the 21-man squad. The Dutchman then named Cornell Glen as his replacement on Saturday, only to learn later that evening that Jones had passed a fitness test.
Beenhakker has since decided to have both men in the camp and the squad will now comprise 22 players.
Jones arrives today (Sunday) with Dennis Lawrence and Chris Birchall while Glen also comes in with Scott Sealy and Avery John. Gillingham defender Brent Sancho arrived on Saturday night while the rest of overseas pros – Russell Latapy, Stern John, Carlos Edwards, Marvin Andrews, Kelvin Jack, Clayton Ince, Shaka Hislop, Silvio Spann, Jason Scotland and  Ian Cox will come in on Monday to meet up with home-based pros Densill Theobald, Aurtis Whitley, Cyd Gray and Anthony Wolfe. Dwight Yorke comes in on Tuesday. All the players will report to camp at the Crowne Plaza on Monday evening with the first session carded for Tuesday morning.
Bahrain comes in on Monday.
By: Rami Hulayyel.
[/size]

Bahrain's national soccer team professionals returned to the Kingdom from Doha last night ahead of their 2006 World Cup final playoff against Trinidad and Tobago scheduled on Saturday and November 16.
The eight professionals came back after playing their matches with the Qatari clubs in the Premier Division League.
Al Gharrafa's strikers Hussain Ali, Ala'a Hubail and Al Silia midfielder Mahmood Jalal returned last night while defenders Mohamemd Juma'a, Sayed Mohammed Adnan (Al Khor) and midfielders Mohammed Salmeen, Salman Isa (Al Arabi), Mohammed Hubail (Qatar Club) arrived earlier on Friday.
However, the players did not practice with the team last night as they were rested by coach Luka Peruzovic of Belgium.
Team manager Abdulrazzaq Mohammed said the professionals will be practicing today while the team is set to depart tomorrow at 2am and will reach Trinidad via London after a 16-hour journey.
Mohammed said the team will fly by Gulf Air to London and from there they will take a national Trinidad plane.
According to Mohammed, the team will return home in a private jet soon after the first-leg match at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain while the second-leg match is scheduled four days later at the National Stadium in Riffa.
The delegation will be headed by Bahrain Football Association vice-president Shaikh Ali bin Khalifa bin Ahmed Al Khalifa and includes association member Yousef Hassan and 25 players.
The team will stay at the Hilton Hotel and will train three days at the Larry Gomes Stadium, one two-hour session per day and then on Friday at the match venue.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 05:49:27 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones to join Warriors after all.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 05:36:18 AM »
Mohammed said the team will fly by Gulf Air to London and from there they will take a national Trinidad plane.

Fish, aren't you on this plane too ?

According to Mohammed, the team will return home in a private jet soon after the first-leg match at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain while the second-leg match is scheduled four days later at the National Stadium in Riffa.

damn they are smart, a private jet directly after the match, I gues it still needs to go over London ?
When does T&T depart to Bahrain ? I think it would have been best to depart right after the match too and let them sleep long and nice in the plane. anyone knows what they do ?
The later they arive in Doha the worse I think
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 05:58:24 AM »
?

damn they are smart, a private jet directly after the match, I gues it still needs to go over London ?
When does T&T depart to Bahrain ? I think it would have been best to depart right after the match too and let them sleep long and nice in the plane. anyone knows what they do ?

The Warriors and their 200 fans leave Trinidad 4 hours after the game on charter flight.......so they might be there in time to welcome the Bahrainis back to dey own house!!

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 06:14:38 AM »
?

The Warriors and their 200 fans leave Trinidad 4 hours after the game on charter flight.......so they might be there in time to welcome the Bahrainis back to dey own house!!

Thnks,

That is what I wanted to hear ;)
Are both teams taking the same route ? What is the route ?
And please 200 fans let them sometimes SLEEP too, plenty enough time in Doha to talk to them.
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 06:25:47 AM »

Fish, aren't you on this plane too ?

Nah, ah coming in on 901 on Tuesday (damn, ah woulda geh nuff drinks off dem)

De T&T team leaving Piarco 1.30 am on the Sunday after de game.
Ah play boldface an call the LOC for a place on the plane an ask about departure time.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 09:38:40 AM »
Good News. I hope he will be 100% fit for the match

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 09:53:58 AM »
Good News. I hope he will be 100% fit for the match

Watch mih.. he good fuh ah hat trick

T&T 5  - Bahrain 0

Observe de cake
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 11:22:22 AM »
so if K. Jones coming after all..what does that say bout Glen?..someone still has to get dropped from the squad right?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 11:25:18 AM »
Nope he (Glen) is coming. Extra spot created and too late to change. Man suitcase pack already. Blessing in disguise that there was afalse alarm
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 01:24:47 PM »
Beenie go sub Glen een for Kenwyne in the dreggs and ruuuunn him down Bahrain troat!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 01:51:48 PM »
Lovely it all in place now...nuttin can stop we!!!
Go TnT
Back in Trini...

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2005, 07:34:56 PM »
Competition tough boy.  Somebody will not suit up.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2005, 07:48:14 PM »
Competition tough boy.  Somebody will not suit up.

i hope is not Glen  :'(
it might be Wolfe or Sealy though..Beens has to pick horses for courses here...and i really see Glen speed and jumping ability doing more damage than Sealy in this case.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005, 08:05:01 PM »
Good to know.

Hopefully they have enough training sessions to give the new recruits a feel for the national team. Get a lil chemistry and flow going.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2005, 06:19:35 AM »
dont forget the photos this upcoming week shaun
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 06:21:13 AM by supporter »
Hart for president

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 06:28:02 AM »
Well Bahrain taking Bwee from London to T&T.
Anyone making this trip allyuh know what to do, real sabotage on that plane eh, or if allyuh know anyone who making the flight/flight attendant etc etc, allyuh make real noise and bother them, spill drink on them, slip in some worm medicine etc etc in they food.

Them wont reach TT till monday night.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 09:04:18 AM »
 Is either Glen or Wolfe will have to 'take one for the team' and sit it out...Small ting, players will work harder for their pick....Go T&T

1]; } ?>