April 23, 2024, 07:53:59 AM

Author Topic: 2014 Caribbean Cup Thread  (Read 46429 times)

Offline Futbol Eagle

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Caribbean Cup Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2014, 05:09:18 PM »
no extra keeper?!? that's crazy. tuned in at about 40' and missed the injury. what happened?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2014, 06:04:40 PM »
missed it too, sounds like he was clattered. Yea I saw comments in the stream suggesting the striker was doing a better job than the keeper :p

FGU 6 - 0 TCA

Another walk-over for FGU, begs the question why they were put in here where a team like Anguilla would have been better folly. Aruba will especially be unhappy about that - I'd have fancied Aruba to win the group if they didn't have FGU here.

Half time in the Bonaire-USVI game - 2-0 to Bonaire

Interesting game so far - first 20 minutes looked like Bonaire would walk all over them, but both teams looked very unfit half an hour in - 2/3 cramps! Was much more even/slower game after that.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2014, 03:57:44 PM »
BVI vs turks &Caicos going to start now.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2014, 04:06:40 PM »
Indeedy, stream here - http://www.livestream.com/avbaruba

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2014, 08:38:04 PM »
Guyane 2 vc Aruba 0.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2014, 09:01:18 AM »
Close game for the most part, Annuar Kock's right-hook was better than his penalty that's for sure, stupid kid.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2014, 08:18:36 AM »
Our qualification starts from 6–13 October 2014.

When are we going to start preparing for it?

I know some may say, we still have a little over 90 days but in actuality thats not a lot of time and considering the fact that the winners qualify for the Copa America we should take this serious as that could be a good set of games to use before our next set of WC qualifiers start back.

My Sheldon, we need you skills, make it happen my good man.

Lets for once go into a tournament fully prepared.

I beg !!!!

We cannot play a game or two every 6 months and think we will benefit or we are growing even if we play top teams, we need to build a chemistry.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2014, 08:33:30 AM »

I know some may say, we still have a little over 90 days but in actuality thats not a lot of time and considering the fact that the winners qualify for the Copa America we should take this serious as that could be a good set of games to use before our next set of WC qualifiers start back.

I beg !!!!

We cannot play a game or two every 6 months and think we will benefit or we are growing even if we play top teams, we need to build a chemistry.

Too early - they'd have to get players released from their club for a start. We have two potential dates for friendlies between the 1st and 9th of September we could use though, that'd be nice :)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2014, 09:26:03 PM »

I beg !!!!

Too early - they'd have to get players released from their club for a start. We have two potential dates for friendlies between the 1st and 9th of September we could use though, that'd be nice :)

Wait are you referring to overseas based players? why can't we have a T&T team of local based players competing together against other teams and staying prepared for this tournament? Seems lack like 'more of the same' and lack of vision from management

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2014, 05:57:22 AM »

I beg !!!!

Wait are you referring to overseas based players? why can't we have a T&T team of local based players competing together against other teams and staying prepared for this tournament? Seems lack like 'more of the same' and lack of vision from management

Local players are still usually under contract. Since they're working the TTFA would still have to pay them for their time at the camp, and accommodation too. Vision is great, but you need the resources to effect such a thing.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2014, 02:42:39 AM »
ok so what is the current status of our national team preparing for this tournament? Our qualifiers are only two months away

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
T&T 2014 senior team Caribbean cup participation.
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2014, 06:42:07 PM »
I have a good feeling we might see de current under 20 team represent T&T in de upcoming 2014 Caribbean cup?

How allyuh feel about that.

De foreigners can't come and de local seniors inactive since June.

De only team currently playing ball now is we under 20 team.

De TTFA eh have de money, so wha they go do?

Unless soothing change quick for them.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T 2014 senior team Caribbean cup participation.
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2014, 06:04:32 AM »
Don't give them any ideas please Sam.

:D

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2014, 08:24:56 AM »
Say what you may but I doh understand why we cyar resolve the financial  fiasco we have? How does Jamaica do it?  I mean look at Jamaica, s preparations- they lost 3-1 in a friendly to Canada but at least they are in preparation mode-  why our foreign base cyar make it when Jamaica can?

The Reggae Boyz starting 11 included Philadelphia Union goalie Blake, defenders Morgan of Leicester City, Nyron Nosworthy of Bristol City, Alvas Powell of the Portland Timbers, midfielder Watson of FC Dallas and forwards Simon Dawkins of Derby County and Deshorn Brown of the Colorado Rapids.

Jamaican head coach Winfried Schaefer, who won the African Nations Cup in 2002 with Cameroon, was using the game as a warmup for the mid-November Caribbean Cup.

did we get any election buy outs in this last budget? Was any money allocated to the TTFA?

Yuh wonder if the TTFA eh blacklisted as either a PNM or ILP entity and the cricket as ah PP?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2014, 09:15:20 AM »
Say what you may but I doh understand why we cyar resolve the financial  fiasco we have? How does Jamaica do it?  I mean look at Jamaica, s preparations- they lost 3-1 in a friendly to Canada but at least they are in preparation mode-  why our foreign base cyar make it when Jamaica can?

Why yuh doh send them the $28 million yuh have in yuh change drawer?

TTFA disconnected: Office staff unpaid and phone lines cut
Lasana Liburd (Wired 868)

By Phillips’ own calculations, the TTFA is at least $28 million in debt with the 2006 World Cup players, former head coach Russell Latapy and ex-technical director Anton Corneal among its more prominent debtors.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2014, 09:30:36 AM »
In recent posts one may think that I am attacking the TTFA  my queries are simply to understand why is it that they seem unable to,  be able to escape from this tumultuous financial  downward spiral. Are those in charge doing the best with what they have been dealt- no doubt about it but simply put what management directions are in place in other Caribbean associations that are allowing them to move forward and for us to be stymied?
So once agin instead of getting personal by asking questions as to my personal interventions let's look at the issues that are inhabiting those who are entrusted to move the TTFA forward.

Clearly the answer should not be just about the provision or the attainment of funds. Our past has shown that when funds were readily available, alleged mismanagement or misappropriation of such funds have resulted in a situation we are in today. For years people have been clamouring for concrete sustainable programs and
development plans procedures that would see teams building capacity rather than infusing funds on short term national teams being put together for instant success.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 09:44:24 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2014, 09:56:22 AM »
The problem is that it requires money to develop and establish programs, sustainable or otherwise. So when yuh already in a $28million hole it kinda difficult to get anything started.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2014, 11:57:23 AM »
So then fire the wuk and stop whining that yuh doh have money and yuh in debt and is not yuh fault.

Yuh meet the gyul with 7 chirren for 8 different fadder and she belly big. Yuh put she in house and then complaining yuh have mouth tuh feed.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2014, 12:05:37 PM »
Gold cup participation is crucial for Hex preparation. We can't afford to play around with that.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2014, 12:09:46 PM »
Ah not complaining. The chirren have a roof over dey head and food in dey belly is just dat when people  ask why dey have to walk to school instead of getting drop off in new minivan or SUV ah have to state de obvious!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2014, 12:27:45 PM »
So then fire the wuk and stop whining that yuh doh have money and yuh in debt and is not yuh fault.

Yuh meet the gyul with 7 chirren for 8 different fadder and she belly big. Yuh put she in house and then complaining yuh have mouth tuh feed.

So write dem ah check nah?  Or better... since you apparently have a some kinda plan that they not seeing, send them yuh ideas.  Stop yuh constant bitching and try and be part ah de solution.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2014, 01:42:42 PM »

So write dem ah check nah?  Or better... since you apparently have a some kinda plan that they not seeing, send them yuh ideas.  Stop yuh constant bitching and try and be part ah de solution.

Give yuh pardnas them the same advice. They need to stop bitching and get it done. They signed up for the wuk, nobody force them. Scrutiny and criticism comes with that.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2014, 04:14:06 PM »
Give yuh pardnas them the same advice. They need to stop bitching and get it done. They signed up for the wuk, nobody force them. Scrutiny and criticism comes with that.

No ideas.  No solutions.  Got it  :thumbsup:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2014, 04:49:52 PM »

It's not my job or place to have solutions or ideas. What good will that do the TTFA or T&T football? Get real Bakes, yuh giving to much of a pass to these fellas.

Accountability needs to start now so we don't end up with another JW type/situation again.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2014, 10:02:47 PM »
Watching Cordell Cato plYing tonight against Vancouver and reading of Molino one wonders if we could get our bets in form players together what we would be able to accomplish despite  all the organizational obstacles  which has nothing to do with the players  and apparently according to some  staunch defenders of the TTFA. Is not at fault either.
Wil just continue reading about how Jamaica is getting friendlies meanwhile we  waiting to hurrily call men up and have awed long camp and hope for the best- that has been the well used plan -
But no one is apparently to blame it's just what we go do that is how things are right?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2014, 07:03:56 AM »
People who defending TTFA, kind of between a rock and a hard place. We apparently failed to realize the deep latrine hole Warner has left this organization in. He has left the organization with a massive debt, and has no remorse about. All of us are disappointed in Tim Kee because we thougt that he would been able to get the people with money in TT to bail out the association. Well that appears not to have happened. Mr. Tim Kee has not been able to get the money men of TT on his side. He is an insurance executive(I think), so we thought he was in the circle where he could influence these people to save TTFA. Well we wrong.  Right now Mr. Tim Kee has to get massive financial assistance from somewhere  to get the association on their feet. They can forget about the gov't. Tim Kee is a PNM. This gov't is not giving any PNM politician anything over the required amount that they supposed to get. Even if PNM was in power, the TTFA has to do something different to attract investors.

I loathe to bring up the issue of race in this. Look at the racial composition of JA and look at the racial composition of TT. It is totally different. JA with all their problems does not have the racial issues that affects politics and business as TT. They are and have been a more cohesive country than us and Guyana. That is why they are able to use their Brand JA with success.

And if Mr. Tim Kee is not able to move the association out debt by next year, we should clamour for him to resign and look for somebody who can do the job.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:13:06 AM by Deeks »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2014, 10:33:13 AM »

It's not my job or place to have solutions or ideas. What good will that do the TTFA or T&T football? Get real Bakes, yuh giving to much of a pass to these fellas.

Accountability needs to start now so we don't end up with another JW type/situation again.
I don't think they bitching and complaining, as much as they are trying to give a state of affairs & begging. They still managing to have some programs going, probably more than we ever had going at the same time before. Yet ppl are deriding them for it.
Damn if you try to do the job, damn if you don't

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2014, 01:35:00 PM »

I don't think they bitching and complaining, as much as they are trying to give a state of affairs & begging. They still managing to have some programs going, probably more than we ever had going at the same time before. Yet ppl are deriding them for it.
Damn if you try to do the job, damn if you don't

What programs we have going? We doing the same thing that has always been done, prepare a couple months before the tournament. All these teams only playing because the tournaments collide with each other. Wait for these tourney to pass and lets see what happen.

The U17 went and play without proper prep.
The U20 playing SL team to get ready
The Women struggle to go Houston and that still piece-piece (even though it was placed in their lap)
The women now have 5 weeks to get ready to play the #1 team in the world
What is the Men's team doing this past International break?

Maybe I expecting to much, after all is only T&T.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2014, 02:51:21 PM »
People who defending TTFA, kind of between a rock and a hard place. We apparently failed to realize the deep latrine hole Warner has left this organization in. He has left the organization with a massive debt, and has no remorse about. All of us are disappointed in Tim Kee because we thougt that he would been able to get the people with money in TT to bail out the association. Well that appears not to have happened. Mr. Tim Kee has not been able to get the money men of TT on his side. He is an insurance executive(I think), so we thought he was in the circle where he could influence these people to save TTFA. Well we wrong.  Right now Mr. Tim Kee has to get massive financial assistance from somewhere  to get the association on their feet. They can forget about the gov't. Tim Kee is a PNM. This gov't is not giving any PNM politician anything over the required amount that they supposed to get. Even if PNM was in power, the TTFA has to do something different to attract investors.

I loathe to bring up the issue of race in this. Look at the racial composition of JA and look at the racial composition of TT. It is totally different. JA with all their problems does not have the racial issues that affects politics and business as TT. They are and have been a more cohesive country than us and Guyana. That is why they are able to use their Brand JA with success.

And if Mr. Tim Kee is not able to move the association out debt by next year, we should clamour for him to resign and look for somebody who can do the job.

Maybe race has something to do with it, maybe not... but either way there's a lot of corporate apathy in Trinidad, no different from the TnT public.  Everybody want to jump on board hot and sweaty when the team doing well, but when the team struggling nobody give a fart.  The TTFA has had commitments from would-be corporate sponsors, signed agreements, which the sponsors then decide to back out of and not honor.  The only way to force them to honor the commitment is to take them to court... but we know how that story goes.  So in the mean time, publicly they getting pong fun "not doing anything."  Yuh can't wring water from a stone, the best yuh could do is keep on trying.  Trying not enough fuh some though... they want results, by hook or crook.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2014, 02:53:28 PM »
What programs we have going? We doing the same thing that has always been done, prepare a couple months before the tournament. All these teams only playing because the tournaments collide with each other. Wait for these tourney to pass and lets see what happen.

The U17 went and play without proper prep.
The U20 playing SL team to get ready
The Women struggle to go Houston and that still piece-piece (even though it was placed in their lap)
The women now have 5 weeks to get ready to play the #1 team in the world
What is the Men's team doing this past International break?

Maybe I expecting to much, after all is only T&T.

You realize all this preparation yuh calling for costs money, right?  Yuh think "preparing" is as simple as making some phone calls to footballers and telling them to pass thru?

1]; } ?>