April 28, 2024, 11:45:01 AM

Author Topic: 2014 Caribbean Cup Thread  (Read 46573 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones heads T&T's Caribbean Cup squad; Hart criticises U-20 players
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2014, 05:39:12 PM »
palos,               I meant his club football in England.

Respeck breds  :beermug:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2014, 05:50:39 PM »
If you actually follow what the fans are saying, he's consistently putting in Man of the Match performances. It weird to see nobody on a message board criticizing him at all, for a man who always split opinion. Goal streak done, but he still setting them up and apparently he like a madman all over the pitch. He either find back his passion or his level, but he ain't whimper out this season yet at all.

So fast yuh tune change?  Five weeks ago I said Kenwyne seemed to find his level and it engender all kinda long talk and condemnation from you.

Doh let facts stand in the way of healthy bias. One day he'll sign your flag.

Let's leave out his success at Stoke. Or his performances in Europe. Let's ignore his scoring rate being the best at the club even when he was only getting pigeon sweats.

Let's only focus on a bad last season at Stoke and pretend that's his whole career.

Meanwhile, even by your own estimation, 'mediocrity' would suggest that he's a middling, average Prem player. So yeah.

Is either yuh biased against him now... or was talking shit fuh de sake of talking shit.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2014, 06:43:51 PM »
If you actually follow what the fans are saying, he's consistently putting in Man of the Match performances. It weird to see nobody on a message board criticizing him at all, for a man who always split opinion. Goal streak done, but he still setting them up and apparently he like a madman all over the pitch. He either find back his passion or his level, but he ain't whimper out this season yet at all.

So fast yuh tune change?  Five weeks ago I said Kenwyne seemed to find his level and it engender all kinda long talk and condemnation from you.

Doh let facts stand in the way of healthy bias. One day he'll sign your flag.

Let's leave out his success at Stoke. Or his performances in Europe. Let's ignore his scoring rate being the best at the club even when he was only getting pigeon sweats.

Let's only focus on a bad last season at Stoke and pretend that's his whole career.

Meanwhile, even by your own estimation, 'mediocrity' would suggest that he's a middling, average Prem player. So yeah.

Is either yuh biased against him now... or was talking shit fuh de sake of talking shit.
If you ever determine what a non-declarative sentence is, it might help you find a way out of your current confusion.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2014, 06:56:41 PM »
If you ever determine what a non-declarative sentence is, it might help you find a way out of your current confusion.

I think we both know that yuh wasting yuh time questioning my understanding.  Your obfuscation and deflection further confirms my assessment of your shifting stance.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2014, 05:45:17 AM »

I think we both know that yuh wasting yuh time questioning my understanding.  Your obfuscation and deflection further confirms my assessment of your shifting stance.
My 'stance' in all things is being even-handed, free of preconception and without agenda. That means I try to give a fair assessment instead of defending some entrenched position or trying to win some talk. If part of the picture is being ignored, if arguments are presented without context, if comments come from a consistent history of bias, I'll try to round them out as best I can. This might seem like 'obfuscation' to you, but that's likely your combative nature at work. I'm discussing things on a discussion board, not competing in the ole talk lympics.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2014, 08:02:29 AM »

My 'stance' in all things is being even-handed, free of preconception and without agenda. That means I try to give a fair assessment instead of defending some entrenched position or trying to win some talk. If part of the picture is being ignored, if arguments are presented without context, if comments come from a consistent history of bias, I'll try to round them out as best I can. This might seem like 'obfuscation' to you, but that's likely your combative nature at work. I'm discussing things on a discussion board, not competing in the ole talk lympics.

woodford square online??? :D :D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2014, 11:29:04 AM »

Risible, self-serving and laughably inaccurate, given how readily you resorted to ad hominems in resort to the simple comment that Kenwyne seemed to have found "his level."  The "history of bias" you claim conveniently ignores my praise for him and his captaincy in leading the effort in the Gold Cup last summer.  Facts are inconvenient things sometimes and the fact is that KJ has shown greater consistency on the Championship level rather than the Premiership... and even that seems a stretch now.  The obfuscation is your attempt to posit some "confusion" on my part, rather than exhibit some candor and admit that your suggestion (that he may have "found his level") is consistent with my own.  There is actually nothing at all "combative" about my nature, not at home, not at work, not liming... and not "discussing things on a discussion board."  Pointing out double-speak and hypocrisy isn't 'combat', and maybe if you weren't so beholden to your ego you'd recognize that.

Offline CDR

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Caribbean Cup Broadcast?
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2014, 01:25:38 PM »
Are there going to be any tv or internet streams for this?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2014, 03:34:47 PM »
 :D this is so much better, when KJ and me, have to take out we dictionary and learn some new words, and sentence structure an ting.. I personally like it .. the other words used in the past was kinda old  :applause:

Offline CDR

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Caribbean Cup Thread
« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2014, 07:25:35 AM »
info on antigua team is here
https://www.facebook.com/BennaBoysFanClub

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2014, 09:11:37 AM »
I wonder if the fans will get to see the Caribbean Cup on TV....

The final tournament is in Jamaica..home of Sportsmax who Digicel just purchased. Should be easy right?

Secondly..ESPN Caribbean have 2 channels (75 and 76) on FLOW... Shaka Hislop works with them. Tallman, Flex can you guys email him and raise the question? Surely CFU would allow either ESPN or that joke of a channel Sportsmax to broadcast the region's premier Football Tournament.

Oh so you would think...it is CFU afterall.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2014, 10:13:17 AM »
I hear Hart call up Panday?

Allyuh hear so too?

By de time de squad name we go get 1 session and then go straight into de first game.

Ent this is a FIFA dated tournament?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2014 Caribbean Cup
« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2014, 03:37:51 PM »
7 days till our first 2014 Caribbean Cup game and team is not in training or haven't been named.

Hope the TTFA can get their acts together.

They need the help guys, lets hope the MOS helps them out.

Good luck to T&T football, its not looking to good, but I wish them all the best.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 05:34:20 AM by Flex »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 7 days till our first 2014 Caribbean Cup game
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2014, 03:47:53 PM »
Ah cyah wait!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 02, 2014, 08:16:51 AM »
After earlier reports indicated that they were called up for national team duty, it now emerges that Shahdon Winchester and Aubrey David will not participate in the upcoming Caribbean Cup. Hopefully an explanation is forthcoming.
http://online.osterbottenstidning.fi/Artikel/Visa/40421
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2014, 01:21:43 PM »
After earlier reports indicated that they were called up for national team duty, it now emerges that Shahdon Winchester and Aubrey David will not participate in the upcoming Caribbean Cup. Hopefully an explanation is forthcoming.
http://online.osterbottenstidning.fi/Artikel/Visa/40421

Money no doubt.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2014, 11:13:18 AM »
HART NAMES STRONG 20-MAN SQUAD FOR CARIBBEAN CUP SEMI-FINAL STAGE
TTFA Online

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stephen Hart today announced his final 20-man squad to contest the semi-final round of the Caribbean Cup which kicks off next Wednesday versus Dominican Republic at the Ato Boldon Stadium from 8:15pm.

Hart will conduct his first training session with the squad on Saturday morning from from 9am at the Larry Gomes Stadium as the team heads into a live-in training camp.

His team is a formidable one with former national under 20 and W Connection defender Alvin Jones being the only relative newcomer while former National under 20 and Under 17 captain Leston Paul makes a return to the team.

Cardiff City forward Kenwyne Jones will captain the team which also includes US-based forward Trevin Caesar, Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino, Slovakia-based winger Lester Peltier, US-based forward Cordell Cato of San Jose Earthquakes. Vietnam-based midfielder Hughtun Hector, Belgium-based midfielder Khaleem Hyland of Racing Genk, English-based duo Andre Boucaud and Justin Hoyte  Belgium-based defender Sheldon Bateau and Joevin Jones of Finnish club HJH Helsinki.

Vancouver Whitecaps defender Carlyle Mitchell and Daneil Cyrus along with fellow defender Yohance Marshall, US-based midfielder Kevan George and Central FC midfielder Ataulla Guerra have also been named in the team while the two goalkeepers are Jan Michael William and Marvin Phillips.

“This is the 20-man squad we’ve decided on and we’ll get things off with a light session on Saturday. It’s good for them to come together again as we haven’t seen each other since the games against Argentina and Iran in June,” Hart told TTFA Media.

“The players appear to be very enthusiastic and the mood is quite good which is what we want heading into the competition. It’s important for us to have the right approach which I am quite confident the team will have because these are all professional players who are very committed to doing what is right for the team and their country,” Hart added.

Back in the 2012 Caribbean Cup finals T&T had to depend on goals from the late Kevon Carter and Molino to overcome Dominican Republic 2-1, a win that secured T&T’s 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup place. 

The Dominican Republic outfit this year includes three players based in Spain attached the reserve teams of teams in the Spanish La Liga. Forward Mariano is attached to the Real Madrid B team.

Cayetano 'Tano' Bartolomé Bonnín Vásquez, a 24-year-old centerback plays for Villarreal CF B which is the reserve team of Villarreal CF and plays in Segunda División B. Forward Edipo Rodriguez plays for Club Deportivo Numancia de Soria B, S.A.D. a Spanish sports club from Soria. They also have a player in midfielder Samuel Zayas who plays for Swiss First Division club Grenchen. 

Their most notable player on the international stage is Jonathan Fana, formerly of W Connection who has 18 goals in 28 matches for his national team.

T&T will also face St Lucia on October 10th at 8:15pm and Antigua/Barbuda on Sunday October 12th at 6:15pm.  Wednesday’s opening match will feature St Lucia and Antigua/Barbuda from 6pm.  They are vying for a qualifying spot in the Caribbean Cup Finals which takes place in Montego Bay in November. Admission for the games is $100 (covered) and $60 (uncovered).

T&T 20-man squad

Jan Michael  Williams – Central FC
Marvin Phillips – Point Fortin Civic Centre
Yohance Marshall
Sheldon Bateau – KV Mechelen
Carlyle Mitchell – Vancouver Whitecaps
Daneil Cyrus – Ha Noi T&T
Alvin  Jones – W Connection
Justin Hoyte - Millwall
Joevin Jones – HJK Helsinki
Andre Boucaud – Dagenham & Redbridge
Khaleem  Hyland – Racing Genk
Kevan George – Columbus Crew
Ataulla Guerra – Central FC
Leston Paul – Central FC
Kenwyne  Jones – Cardiff City
Trevin Caesar – San Antonio Scorpions
Lester Peltier – Slovan Bratislava
Cordell Cato – San Jose Earthquakes
Hughtun Hector – Hanoi T&T
Kevin Molino – Orlando City
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
Hart names caribbean cup squad
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2014, 11:22:46 AM »

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stephen Hart today announced his final 20-man squad to contest the semi-final round of the Caribbean Cup which kicks off next Wednesday versus Dominican Republic at the Ato Boldon Stadium from 8:15pm.

Hart will conduct his first training session with the squad on Saturday morning from from 9am at the Larry Gomes Stadium as the team heads into a live-in training camp.

His team is a formidable one with former national under 20 and W Connection defender Alvin Jones being the only relative newcomer while former National under 20 and Under 17 captain Leston Paul makes a return to the team.

Cardiff City forward Kenwyne Jones will captain the team which also includes US-based forward Trevin Caesar, Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino, Slovakia-based winger Lester Peltier, US-based forward Cordell Cato of San Jose Earthquakes. Vietnam-based midfielder Hughtun Hector, Belgium-based midfielder Khaleem Hyland of Racing Genk, English-based duo Andre Boucaud and Justin Hoyte  Belgium-based defender Sheldon Bateau and Joevin Jones of Finnish club HJH Helsinki.

Vancouver Whitecaps defender Carlyle Mitchell and Daneil Cyrus along with fellow defender Yohance Marshall, US-based midfielder Kevan George and Central FC midfielder Ataulla Guerra have also been named in the team while the two goalkeepers are Jan Michael William and Marvin Phillips.

“This is the 20-man squad we’ve decided on and we’ll get things off with a light session on Saturday. It’s good for them to come together again as we haven’t seen each other since the games against Argentina and Iran in June,” Hart told TTFA Media.

“The players appear to be very enthusiastic and the mood is quite good which is what we want heading into the competition. It’s important for us to have the right approach which I am quite confident the team will have because these are all professional players who are very committed to doing what is right for the team and their country,” Hart added.

Back in the 2012 Caribbean Cup finals T&T had to depend on goals from the late Kevon Carter and Molino to overcome Dominican Republic 2-1, a win that secured T&T’s 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup place. 

The Dominican Republic outfit this year includes three players based in Spain attached the reserve teams of teams in the Spanish La Liga. Forward Mariano is attached to the Real Madrid B team.

Cayetano 'Tano' Bartolomé Bonnín Vásquez, a 24-year-old centerback plays for Villarreal CF B which is the reserve team of Villarreal CF and plays in Segunda División B. Forward Edipo Rodriguez plays for Club Deportivo Numancia de Soria B, S.A.D. a Spanish sports club from Soria. They also have a player in midfielder Samuel Zayas who plays for Swiss First Division club Grenchen. 

Their most notable player on the international stage is Jonathan Fana, formerly of W Connection who has 18 goals in 28 matches for his national team.

T&T will also face St Lucia on October 10th at 8:15pm and Antigua/Barbuda on Sunday October 12th at 6:15pm.  Wednesday’s opening match will feature St Lucia and Antigua/Barbuda from 6pm.  They are vying for a qualifying spot in the Caribbean Cup Finals which takes place in Montego Bay in November. Admission for the games is $100 (covered) and $60 (uncovered).

T&T 20-man squad

Yohance Marshall
Justin Hoyte - Millwall
Leston Paul – Central FC
Kevin Molino – Orlando Cit
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:24:45 AM by banton »
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hart names strong 20 man squad for Caribbean Cup Semi Final Stage
« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2014, 01:11:07 PM »

T&T 20-man squad

Yohance Marshall
Justin Hoyte - Millwall
Leston Paul – Central FC
Kevin Molino – Orlando City

http://ttffonline.com/home/latest-news/mens-senior-team/895-hart-names-strong-20-man-squad-for-caribbean-cup-semi-final-stage.html
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 01:28:20 PM by Banter Banton »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: T&T name strong 20 man squad for Caribbean Cup Semi Final Stage
« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2014, 01:15:18 PM »
Power team people. I was surprised at the depth of top T&T players. Iz war.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T name strong 20 man squad for Caribbean Cup Semi Final Stage
« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2014, 01:15:38 PM »
I like this squad alot ! Good quality in depth too.

I would like to think this crop should get past the 3 teams in our group but we all know you have to do the job on the day but looking forward to seeing this crop of players get the ball down on the floor and keep it moving and take their chances.

I would go 4-2-3-1

----------------------------------Jan--------------------------------

----Hoyte-------------Mitchell-------------Bateau--------------J.Jones

-------------------------Hyland---------Boucaud
----------Peltier-----------------Guerra-----------------Molino

---------------------------------K.Jones------------------------------

I would like to see Hector get some minutes too. He can play CM/CAM/LAM/RAM

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hart names strong 20 man squad for Caribbean Cup Semi Final Stage
« Reply #141 on: October 03, 2014, 01:46:10 PM »
WOW!!! Best collection of TT players to play in the Carribean Cup for a long time...we bong to fackin win.  ;D

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hart names strong 20 man squad for Caribbean Cup Semi Final Stage
« Reply #142 on: October 03, 2014, 01:57:22 PM »

I would like to think this crop should get past the 3 teams in our group but we all know you have to do the job on the day but looking forward to seeing this crop of players get the ball down on the floor and keep it moving and take their chances.

I would go 4-2-3-1

Jan
Hoyte
Mitchell
Bateau
J. Jones
Hyland
Guerra
Boucaud
Molino
        K Jones
      Peltier

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 03, 2014, 04:58:39 PM »
Hart eh playing…. Big squad!!! 
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 03, 2014, 05:55:21 PM »

I would go 4-2-3-1

Jan
Hoyte
Mitchell
Bateau
J. Jones
Hyland
Guerra
Boucaud
Molino
        K Jones
      Peltier

Jan
J.Jones
Cyrus
Bateau
J. Hoyte
Hyland
Guerra
Boucaud
Molino
        K Jones
      Peltier

I'd start Cyrus over Mitchell
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 05:57:59 PM by chelsealife »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2014, 06:21:32 AM »
So Wednesday's game is at the Ato Boldon, where are the other two matches being played? 

Edit:  Never mind!!  Found it over in another thread......
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 06:23:20 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline CDR

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2014, 06:20:05 PM »
antigua goals against st. lucia

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mhEouEgUNuI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mhEouEgUNuI</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WaA5EgMcomY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WaA5EgMcomY</a>

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2014, 08:18:08 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1c14q-TmnEg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1c14q-TmnEg</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BfK8EJxHGL4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BfK8EJxHGL4</a>

Offline CDR

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2014, 12:56:38 PM »

Offline CDR

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2014, 01:26:09 PM »
antigua starting lineup vs dominican republic tonight at 6

Goalkeeper:
Molvin James (Old Road FC/Antigua)

Defenders:
Zaine Francis-Angol (Motherwell/Scotland)
Akeem “Leppy” Thomas (Caledonia AIA/Trinidad)
Connor Peters (Swansea City/England)
Quinton Griffith (Charleston Battery/USA)

Midfielders:
Keiran Murtagh (Woking/England)
Joshua Parker (Domzale/Slovenia)
Tomarley “Ziggy” Thomas (Hoppers FC/Antigua)
Calaum Jahraldo-Martin (Hull City/England)
Jorrin John (Nuneaton FC/England)

Striker :
Peter “Big Pete” Byers (Sap FC/Antigua)

Captain: Quinton “QQ” Griffith
Coach: Rolston “Debu” Williams (Antigua)
Technical Director: Piotr Nowak (Poland)

1]; } ?>