April 25, 2024, 02:27:14 AM

Author Topic: 2014 Caribbean Cup Thread  (Read 46466 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Caribbean Cup Thread
« Reply #240 on: November 15, 2014, 05:04:30 PM »
I took the volume off while watching a football match,I then taped myself doing the commentry,and allyuh have to believe me,I sounded like a bloody pro. ;D

hmmmm....dais like singing in the shower and then thinking yuh could go out and win soca monarch.....
Ah got a lil story bout that too,I visited my sister who lived in Curacao,I went shopping and in one of the shop a Soca chune was playing,so I started singing it.One of the assistants heard me and asked me tocarry on singing,she then called a couple others in the store to listen to me.When I was finished they clapped and invited me to their homes.The song,you may remember it,it goes like this,"An Indian gyul from Trinidad went New York City,the tassa drum was playin in an Asian party,but she said gimme my Soca,I love my Soca"something like that. :)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 15, 2014, 05:59:44 PM »
 ???
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 16, 2014, 11:15:18 AM »
Jamaica is now up and running,and I see a win for Jamaica or a draw.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 16, 2014, 11:48:49 AM »
JA needs a win against Haiti tonight in order to make the Final against T&T.
Cuba will play loser of tonight's JA vs Haiti game in the 3rd place play-off.

Link to watch full recordings of yesterday's Group A Matches French Guiana vs Curacao: 3 - 0 FT & T&T vs Cuba: 0 - 0 FT; CFU Caribbean Cup: November 15, 2014 on Livestream

On Tuesday T&T plays winner of tonight's Group B game Jamaica vs Haiti which will be live at this link for the 2014 Caribbean Cup title: CFU Caribbean Cup: November 16, 2014 on Livestream

Looks like T&T played our worse game of the tournament so far against Cuba and the coach Hart was not at all pleased or satisfied with how the team played but we are still thru to the Final with a draw and have a chance to redeem ourselves in the Final and play according to the coach's plan.

Through to the Final But Hart not pleased with performance versus Cuba
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/djkwJ8JbxGE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/djkwJ8JbxGE</a>

T&T drew 0-0 with Cuba to top Group A with seven points but Men's Senior Team head coach Stephen Hart isn't satisfied with his team's showing on the night in Montego Bay. There were eight changes from the team that defeated French Guiana and Curacao but Hart said he thought T&T should have been better in their final Group encounter - TTFA Media TV.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 01:29:29 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 16, 2014, 12:06:21 PM »
Boss coach- men without  club teams  should be playing with more urgency and a sense of fight-
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 12:26:27 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 16, 2014, 04:58:14 PM »
All the things SH spoke about was so glaring to see,even for the in-experienced fans who were looking at TT.Our defender on the left was giving me palpitations,several times he was on the wrong side of the Cuban attacker,their passing,to put it bluntly was total rubbish,I just couldn't believe it.It is so elementry to play the ball wide if the opposing defence is compact,we were trying to go through the middle and always losing the ball,I just could not believe we were capable of playing so much rubbish.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 16, 2014, 05:03:50 PM »
I'm watching the Antigua/Martinque match right now.  Can someone out there please inform Angus Eve that there's no word such as "Irregardless". 

Thank you.
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 16, 2014, 06:58:34 PM »
Jamaica vs Haiti just about to start, anthems playing now!!
Here is live link: CFU Caribbean Cup: November 16, 2014 on Livestream
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 16, 2014, 07:25:01 PM »
Looks like we will be playing Jamaica. Haiti looking backwards. Jam 2-0 Hai

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 16, 2014, 07:26:50 PM »

Haiti defense decide not to play well today.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 16, 2014, 07:30:07 PM »
Jamaica is playing great one touch football. I hope the team is taking notes.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 16, 2014, 07:33:42 PM »
look like like jamrock is d team to beat
I pity the fool....

Offline bingie man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 16, 2014, 07:55:30 PM »
4real they looking good.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 16, 2014, 07:58:48 PM »
look like like jamrock is d team to beat

T&T is yet to play our best football in this tournament but if we do on Tuesday we will deal with whoever makes it to the Final to face us.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 16, 2014, 08:00:14 PM »
We need Boucaud and Hyland in the midfield. The reggaeboyz playing with lots of intensity in the middle of the pitch.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2014, 08:03:21 PM »
I only saw Jamaica play one match,and I said they were the best team in the tournament,I am now certain they are the best and we would have a difficult time with them.They look technically better than all the teams,and have the best defense,their mid field looks very compact and is dealing with the Haitians who are trying to bore through the middle.The Haitians may have to change their tactic in the second half,try and build their attack from wide,but I'm off to sleep now,2 am too late for me.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2014, 08:09:54 PM »
We need Boucaud and Hyland in the midfield. The reggaeboyz playing with lots of intensity in the middle of the pitch.

wait so what other positions will these two midfielders play if not the midfield? You think Hart will put them in defense? All T&T top players will be playing in the final including Molino
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 08:11:29 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 16, 2014, 08:13:44 PM »
I only saw Jamaica play one match,and I said they were the best team in the tournament,I am now certain they are the best and we would have a difficult time with them.They look technically better than all the teams,and have the best defense,their mid field looks very compact and is dealing with the Haitians who are trying to bore through the middle.The Haitians may have to change their tactic in the second half,try and build their attack from wide,but I'm off to sleep now,2 am too late for me.

As I said, T&T will deal with whichever team that makes it to the Final to face us provided we play our best football which we are yet to play in this tournament.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 16, 2014, 08:17:13 PM »

wait so what other positions will these two midfielders play if not the midfield? You think Hart will put them in defense? All T&T top players will be playing in the final including Molino

Yeah.. I mean to start.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 16, 2014, 09:01:51 PM »
Jamaica looked good in this match, but then again they had no choice but to play attacking football from the first whistle, as it was a game they had to win (all Haiti needed was a draw to make the finals against T&T).  Haiti played the first 30 minutes like they came into the game with the mentality of playing it safe to secure a draw, and make it to the finals...but that strategy obviously backfired on them.

In addition, since this was a game that JA had to win (not lose or even draw), they were forced to field their best team today.  T&T on the other hand rested key players on Saturday, and played a 'strolling' type of football...nothing too intensive.  T&T also has a full 24 hours of rest over Jamaica who just played tonight.  Though not a guarantee of securing a victory, this bodes well for T&T two days from now on Tuesday.

Not to sound biased, I'm predicting a Soca Warrior victory on Tuesday. Nuff' said.  :beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 16, 2014, 09:12:29 PM »
Jamaica looked good in this match, but then again they had no choice but to play attacking football from the first whistle, as it was a game they had to win (all Haiti needed was a draw to make the finals against T&T).  Haiti played the first 30 minutes like they came into the game with the mentality of playing it safe to secure a draw, and make it to the finals...but that strategy obviously backfired on them.

In addition, since this was a game that JA had to win (not lose or even draw), they were forced to field their best team today.  T&T on the other hand rested key players on Saturday, and played a 'strolling' type of football...nothing too intensive.  T&T also has a full 24 hours of rest over Jamaica who just played tonight.  Though not a guarantee of securing a victory, this bodes well for T&T two days from now on Tuesday.

Not to sound biased, I'm predicting a Soca Warrior victory on Tuesday. Nuff' said.  :beermug:

Good points  :beermug:

I would like to see the Soca Warriors approach this final as if it was a World Cup qualifier.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 16, 2014, 09:12:46 PM »

Should be a good game of football. Not wanting to make any sort of prediction, but I believe Jamaica playing at home and seemingly getting better with each game means that T&T will have to bring its "A" game if it is to win the tournament.

Game will likely be won / lost in the defensive third of the field.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:21:57 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 16, 2014, 09:30:28 PM »
Game will likely be won / lost in the defensive third of the field.

When is it not?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 16, 2014, 09:35:11 PM »
Reggaefan  wha happen boss whey yuh was all de time ?  :)       de caribbean world cup finals bring yuh out ...... nice to know yuh around .... 
Should be an interesting match up on tuesday !!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 16, 2014, 09:40:13 PM »
Jamaica 2 - 0 Haiti Full time;

Jamaica basically had this game wrapped up after scoring 2 goals in the 1st 20 minutes.
Jamaica played a very defensive 2nd half clearly with the intention of not conceding any goals in the 2nd half which worked tactically for them. The Jamaican goal keeper was the hero of the 2nd half when he saved a penalty just 5 minutes from the end of the game to stop Haiti from having any hope of getting back into the game to salvage a draw.

The Final on Tuesday between T&T and Jamaica should make for a good contest but I expect T&T to win that game if we play our A game so its Reggae vs Soca for the Caribbean Cup title this Tuesday with Kompa vs Rumba featuring Haiti vs Cuba in the 3rd place play-off game that precedes the final.
All 4 teams T&T, JA, Haiti and Cuba have also qualified for the Gold Cup tournament next year.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2014, 12:37:02 AM »
T&T Tops Group A and Cuba Secures Qualification

Montego Bay, Jamaica - Group A of the Men's Caribbean Cup ended with French Guiana beating Curacao 4 - 1 and Trinidad and Tobago held to a 0 - 0 draw by Cuba, who advance to the Concacaf Gold Cup.

Match: French Guiana 4 - 1 Curacao

Man of the Match: Brian St. Clair

French Guiana were victors in the one of the surprising results of the tournament as they defeated Curacao 4 - 1 in the early kick off for Group A. French Guiana scored first in the 18th minute through Brian St. Clair as they took the 1 - 0 lead.

Gilles Fabien would double his team's lead in the 26 minute. The scoring would not end there as Niki Adipi would make 3 - 0 in the 34th minute of play. Curacao who looked heavy legged went into the second half 3 - 0 down to French Guiana.

French Guiana would score a forth goal in the 64th minute through Gilles Fabien as his second made it 4 - 0 in the second half. Curacao would pull one back in the the 84 minute to make the full time score 4 - 1.

The result so far puts French Guiana in the playoff position for the 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup.

Match: Trinidad & Tobago 0 - 0 Cuba.

Man of the Match: Alberto Carbonell

Defending champions Cuba would salvage a draw with Trinidad & Tobago in the evenings feature match. Although Trinidad went into the game top of the group A win from Cuba would have made team exchange positions.

The first half saw both team showing caution and also some good counter attacking. Cuba would get two clear chances on Trinidad's goal but Jan Williams was equal to both of the strikes as both team would go into the half scoreless.

The second half showed less attacking intent from both team as Trinidad carefully keep possession searching for a safety goal as Cuba kept compact.

The match would end as a goalless draw which saw Trinidad & Tobago top Group A which will see them face the first place team from Group B for the Championship.

Cuba will play the second place team from Group B as they have qualified for the Gold Cup a record 8th time.

Men's Caribbean Cup 2014 Finals Group A
№    Team    Points
1    Trinidad & Tobago    7
2    Cuba    5
3    French Guiana    4
4    Curacao    0

Jamaica Tops Group B and Martinique Takes Third

Montego Bay, Jamaica - On the final match day of Group B Martinique salvages pride after defeating Antigua 2 - 0 and Host Jamaica takes down Haiti 2 - 0.

Match: Martinique 2 - 0 Antigua & Barbuda

Man of the match:

Martinique salvage pride on the final match day of Group B after defeating Antigua & Barbuda 2- 0 in the early kick off. In the first half both teams tried to make a contest of the match as Martinique would force Antigua's goalkeeper Brentton Muhammad into two good saves early in the match.

Antigua would also push for a victory during the first half as both teams were mathematically still in the competition at the time. After a scoreless first half Martinique would take the lead as Bedi Buval received a pass and score in the 57th minute to make it 1 - 0.

Both teams would exchange attacking intent during the second half but Martinique would add another goal as Jose Goron in the 90th minute would make it 2 - 0 to Martinique after full time.

Match: Jamaica 2 - 0 Haiti

Man of match: Rodoplh Austin

Jamaica defeated Haiti in the feature match by 2 goals to nil. The victory sets up Jamaica to face Trinidad & Tobago for the finals of the Men's Caribbean Cup final on Tuesday.

The action started in the first half as Jamaica would open up the scoring in the 13th minute through Simon Dawkins to make it 1 - 0.

Shortly after Darren Mattocks would make it 2 - 0 in the 20th minute as the pace of the Reggaeboyz was begging to be too much for the Haitian team as they went into the second half with confidence.

Haiti came out in the second half of the match as the stronger of the two teams trying to equalize as a spot in the Copa America was still available.

The Reggaeboyz would hit the post deep into the second half which almost made it 3 goals to nil. There would be late drama in the match as Haiti would be awarded a penalty deep into stoppage time.

But it was Jamaican Goalkeeper Andre Blake who was the hero for his home team as he made a great save to keep it 2 - 0 at full time.

The Finals are now set as Cuba will face Haiti for the 3rd place and Trinidad & Tobago will face Host nation Jamaica for the Caribbean Cup.

Men's Caribbean Cup 2014 Finals Group B
№    Team    Points
1    Jamaica    7
2    Haiti    4
3    Martinique    4
4    Antigua & Barbuda    1

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 17, 2014, 11:35:38 AM »
I'm watching the Antigua/Martinque match right now.  Can someone out there please inform Angus Eve that there's no word such as "Irregardless". 

Thank you.

"The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world."

Man still tryin to make perfect sense of english...fd british. Let d man talk.
He Is Highly

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2014, 06:32:35 PM »
Man overs this thread oui.
Who win the 3rd place match?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2014, 08:32:38 PM »
haiti  2-1

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 25, 2014, 08:46:47 PM »
does anyone have the game vs french guiana and could you possibly post it?

1]; } ?>