April 23, 2024, 03:05:49 AM

Author Topic: SWO spends the New Year with Stephen Hart.  (Read 6223 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SWO spends the New Year with Stephen Hart.
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2014, 08:03:08 PM »
And you don't worry about me either, once you start worrying I go start studying.

Wha dues you pay? you played 5 games for T&T olympic team, wha yuh want blood?

Nah, yuh starting tuh stray out ah bounds now Sam... not a good idea to start denigrating Coop's contributions to TnT football.  It goes a long way past his contributions as a player, which itself was significant.

Offline shelly

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2014, 02:32:39 PM »
This interview was honest at best. Other coaches would have been diplomatic. I find Mr Hart handled himself creditable.

I have not been following T&T football for a while, however, I plan on changing that soon.

Do you guys need cheerleaders?

I feel you should strongly consider that.

I live in Texas and I could surely help get you guys some fine females for games, those Carib girls looks tired.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2014, 11:34:55 AM »
This interview was honest at best. Other coaches would have been diplomatic. I find Mr Hart handled himself creditable.

I have not been following T&T football for a while, however, I plan on changing that soon.

Do you guys need cheerleaders?

I feel you should strongly consider that.

I live in Texas and I could surely help get you guys some fine females for games, those Carib girls looks tired.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Shelly, I think you should organise some cheerleaders for the games in T&T coming up soon, unfortunately, T&T is playing Argentina in Argentina so you might not be able to see the game in person or live.

Hopefully, the TTFA will release some games inadvance so we can plan for it.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2014, 10:48:49 AM »
By the way, what is Hart up to these days?

Are we going to play one game in preparation for Argentina and then get our tails buss?

Now would be the right time to see a few new players.

The TTFA should offer him a few games vs Caribbean teams where he can see some new players.

To be inactive for 6 months is not good.

I hope Hart have a serious talk with them or else things could get ugly.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Play Without Fear - Stephen Hart
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2014, 10:31:53 AM »
What does that mean to football supporters and the players?

It means having confidence in your teammates and yourself and burying those insecurities that you may have when playing a powerhouse in football. Playing them on what they give, not what they are known to give or could give.

In cricket you play every ball on its merit. If a bowler like Warne bowl a bad ball, you punish it and put it away. If a great team plays average, you punish them and "play without fear".

Too many times fans and players take the game for a joke and not seriously enough. Then people complain as to why we are not succeeding. I just read that article on Belgium football. A country of that size, not really known for footballers is now ranked 5th in the world.

What does that tell you? They don't care about Argentina and Germany's history of great football, they are trying to make a name for themselves in world football and are not afraid to take it to the traditional heavyweights. They respect their achievements but they don't allow those achievements to dictate how great their football nation becomes or that they cannot achieve that.

T&T needs to start thinking big, go big or go home. T&T have been going home more often than going big. Once again, structure, planning and mental preparedness are key. Belgium no longer sees themselves as underdogs but one of the best teams in the world. T&T needs to start thinking this way and taking the measures to get to this level.

Fear God and no one else...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 10:33:40 AM by Controversial »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Play Without Fear - Stephen Hart
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2014, 10:47:33 AM »
Contro,  I agree with you, But  Belgium makes it to the WC regularly since 70. They are a rich country and their football get solid support from gov't and businesses. At one time Anderlecht and Feyernord were on equal term with Real, Barca, Bayern, Milan, etc. The dynamics of club football has changed though. But I don't see TT football going that way. those who have the money have no interest in football until the national reach a level that tey can bandwagon.If by some miracle Central was to make the Concacaf final and win, you will how much sponsor they will get. They were not there for the heavy pulling, that FS and Sanco doing right now. But they will be there to celebrate with the winners.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 10:49:14 AM by Deeks »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Play Without Fear - Stephen Hart
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2014, 11:45:32 AM »
Contro,  I agree with you, But  Belgium makes it to the WC regularly since 70. They are a rich country and their football get solid support from gov't and businesses. At one time Anderlecht and Feyernord were on equal term with Real, Barca, Bayern, Milan, etc. The dynamics of club football has changed though. But I don't see TT football going that way. those who have the money have no interest in football until the national reach a level that tey can bandwagon.If by some miracle Central was to make the Concacaf final and win, you will how much sponsor they will get. They were not there for the heavy pulling, that FS and Sanco doing right now. But they will be there to celebrate with the winners.

nothing is impossible brother... once you put your mind to it... it can be achieved, TT is also a rich country that has the money to invest, don't let the selfish businessmen and politicians fool you brother...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2014, 06:04:24 AM »
All for Hart.
T&T Express.

STEPHEN HART is the kind of coach footballers want to play for. There is no doubt about it.

Hart is a player´s coach. He has ideas on how he wants the Soca Warriors to play, but is not a dictator. On the field, he demands discipline, but also wants his footballers to express themselves.

“Gentlemen, these are ideas, not orders,” Hart shouts from centre field in the middle of a training session.

The player was almost forcing to do what Hart wanted, trying so much to please, but at the inappropriate time.  When necessary Hart is forceful as well.

“At no time must the right-back and the right-midfielder be up-field at the same time,” he shouts. “That is like leaving your door open for thief to enter.”

The greatest critic would find it had not to recognise that the Trinidad and Tobago team has come a long way in just a year under Hart. But he does not do it alone.

Former national standout Hutson Charles, who was demoted as national coach, is now Hart's assistant, along with former Joe Public coach Derek King. Charles has since forged a good working relationship with Hart as have the other backroom staff, all buying into the vision of Team Hart.

“I would like to see us possess the ball and do more with it.”

Hart preaches it day in, day out. And maybe some time, even this afternoon against Iran, he may get more of what he wants.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>