August 31, 2024, 10:45:27 PM

Author Topic: Argentina vs Trinidad & Tobago , June 4 friendly  (Read 30833 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Argentina vs Trinidad & Tobago , June 4 friendly
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2014, 03:24:25 PM »
I disagree - Even lumping discipline into 'mental' I think it's less than 80% - you can make the odds in your favour or not, but the right tactics, with the right player, and the right amount of luck all total a lot more than 80%

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2014, 07:11:22 PM »
This match is a good antidote for us not making it to 2014 Brazil World Cup folks.
Let's show the world who should have been the real World Cup Champs in 2014 by giving the Argentineans a whipping they will never forget because we all know that its most likely to be Argentina vs. Brazil making it to the World Cup Final. :devil:

Just imagine if Argentina wins the World Cup after we hit them 6-0 nil in Argentina and when they lift the World Cup the captain Messi decides to thank the Soca Warriors personally for giving him and his team the wakeup call they required!
They would probably want a return game after the World Cup just to prove to the World who is the real World Cup champs and we can then ask them to play that return game in T&T so our fans can see the Argentines getting a beating once again but this time in person in our own backyard!  :sleepy:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:37:40 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2014, 07:48:01 PM »
I eh know, i kinda on the fence with this and would probably prefer to see the full schedule of friendlies in the first half of 2014 before jumping for joy.

Rather than the glamour matchup versus a top 5 team i would have preferred to see maybe 2 to 3 friendlies against top 20 teams. I was suggesting the TTFA pitch to a few of the teams to use T&T as a pre world cup camp, we are close enough for a 2 -3 hour charter flight to brazil. A mini tournament for the local fans. I hope this is still on the cards or in someone's thoughts at the FA. More than the football too, these teams will have traveling fans and there can be downstream tourism benefits. Even Tobago could be an option, for this.

As most here have agreed, a one off friendly against Argentina will most likely be played outside of T&T so if we not gonna get the gates then why would we want to take the score line.

Because we suffering for quality international opposition?? I can't believe some of the comments I reading.  Men acting like we in a position to dictate anything right now.  If anything this may lead to other first class friendlies.

I agree, this is a profile building fixture. We've been sitting here vexed watching lesser teams get high profile friendlies, now we have one and people not happy? For our players this will be like a world cup final - a one off chance to test themselves against the best on a world stage. Every potential international will be focused on making this squad. It's a great incentive for Pro League players and we should see individuals step up their performances.
:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2014, 08:05:59 PM »
He also said that there is a tree growing in the middle of Manny Ramjohn!

It sad eh, but it had meh rolling  :rotfl:

Trinidad rell have money to waste for real. A tree growing in the middle of Manny Ramjohn!
Meh belly hurting from laugh yes!! Is either laugh or cuss and I choose to laugh just to maintain my sanity!  :rotfl:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2014, 08:15:55 PM »
Imagine the fackin TnT vz Argentina game only announced yesterday...and all day long on social media and street talk is that TnT losing 40-0 .. 20-0 ..5-0 ..da da da...we have to defend with 10 men...Messi scoring 9...da da da ...and the shit coming from TnT people...HAVE SOME FACKING RESPECT..
YES I know Argentina is a world class team...and we are a small football nation in a rebuilding phase ...but its Football...and a game like this is great for us...
I was there in Dortmund when we drew with Sweden... I had drinks with Swedes after the match...they were in tears...only talking about Zlatan Zlatan Zlatan...and I saying loud in my Thick TnT accent...Zlatan meh mudder c#nt Zlatan...
and yuh know what ??...so what is we get 7 ??? eh ??...so what ???..
.it happens to better teams....anyhow... Only Football Knows.
Plus we once were given a lesson by a Football genius that 1+1 = 0 ...
but as normal...Trini done forget that lesson...say what...TnT forever..
:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2014, 08:34:38 PM »
football is 80% mental.. which translates into mentality and football iq and also self esteem and confidence...

if you have a weak mind you have already lost the battle... just because we are playing Argentina, which is my 2nd favorite team in the world after T&T of course, doesn't mean you can't beat them...

logic dictates that Argentina is the team under pressure in this scenario, any team they play before the world cup, they have to be careful not to get a bad result or even a draw, because their fans and other opposition will prey on that... it's the nature of sport, T&T has no pressure because the world has already ruled us out... this is our opportunity to show them how good we are and that we belong on the world stage in 2018

one thing i can't stand is the local population and their inferiority complex and insecurity... >:(

If yuh follow yuh thinking, then why should Argentina be the one under pressure. They are the better team, with better players, even the best player in the world, WC champs, rich history, then in following your thought Argentina should be ripe with confidence.

Why should we be bold, but Argentina be cautious. Does not make sense.

cautious because of injury, losing the match, these are their final matches of prep before the world cup, they want to maintain a high, playing before a world cup and being under the microscope is a lot more pressure..

exactly what pressure does TT have? we are not playing in the wc and expectations are low, argentina has choked many times in the wc and they want this one to be their cup

we have a chance to get the better of them and argentina's opponents are hoping a team pulls an upset.. it depends on the arrangement with the fed

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2014, 01:07:14 PM »
Game playing at Estadio Ciudad de La Plata.

Home stadium of both Estudiantes and Gimnasia.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 01:09:13 PM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Gauchita

• New Warrior
  • Argentina hasta la muerte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2014, 05:42:00 PM »
Very excited about this game. I think it will be a great experience for both teams and even though my heart is with Argentina, I will also be happy if Trinidad scores.
Ole ole ole, ole ole ole ola, ole ole ole cada dia te quiero mas, soy argentina, es un sentimientooo, no puedo pararrrr!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2014, 05:52:43 PM »
Very excited about this game. I think it will be a great experience for both teams and even though my heart is with Argentina, I will also be happy if Trinidad scores.
It would be nice to imagine drawing the game also  .Or! score early and lock down the defense till the end . ;D

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2014, 06:11:30 PM »

Bienvenido Gauchita.  In the late 1980s/early 1990s when I was at Fatima, there was an Argentine student who came for 4th and 5th forms while his dad was ambassador I believe.  By the end of his stay we had turned him into an honorary Trini.  When we had our 1990 qual run for the Italy WC his heart was with us, perhaps not as heavy as the rest of us after Nov 19th, but he had really grown at this stage of his life to love TT  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Gauchita

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2014, 06:32:54 PM »
It would be nice to imagine drawing the game also  .Or! score early and lock down the defense till the end . ;D

And you know, Argentina's weak point has always been defense. :frustrated:
Ole ole ole, ole ole ole ola, ole ole ole cada dia te quiero mas, soy argentina, es un sentimientooo, no puedo pararrrr!

Offline Gauchita

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2014, 06:36:01 PM »

Bienvenido Gauchita.  In the late 1980s/early 1990s when I was at Fatima, there was an Argentine student who came for 4th and 5th forms while his dad was ambassador I believe.  By the end of his stay we had turned him into an honorary Trini.  When we had our 1990 qual run for the Italy WC his heart was with us, perhaps not as heavy as the rest of us after Nov 19th, but he had really grown at this stage of his life to love TT  :beermug:

Thanks Barataria. There are quite a few Argentinians in Trinidad. Most of them travel back and forth but there is a little community (not associated with the embassy) living permanently in the island. By the way, I need to get a new Argentina football jersey in preparation for the worldcup. Where can I get one at a good price locally and how much is nowdays?

Offline Gauchita

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2014, 06:53:31 PM »
In this article from an Argentinian news site, they are confirming the match of Argentina Vs.Trinidad saying that it will be on June 4th and it will be a good "sparring" for Argentina according to the agency that handles all the friendly games for the country.They also rejected the possibility of a friendly with Cameroon.

http://deportes.terra.com.ar/futbol/mundial-2014/,5f52412882a43410VgnCLD2000000ec6eb0aRCRD.html

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2014, 07:01:25 PM »
In this article from an Argentinian news site, they are confirming the match of Argentina Vs.Trinidad saying that it will be on June 4th and it will be a good "sparring" for Argentina according to the agency that handles all the friendly games for the country.They also rejected the possibility of a friendly with Cameroon.

http://deportes.terra.com.ar/futbol/mundial-2014/,5f52412882a43410VgnCLD2000000ec6eb0aRCRD.html

... but still not officially showing on the calendar on AFA's website ... at least, when I checked a few hours ago.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2014, 07:06:48 PM »
Don't expect much from FIFA's website either - the last piece of Trini news is from 2010 lol

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2014, 07:15:13 PM »

Thanks Barataria. There are quite a few Argentinians in Trinidad. Most of them travel back and forth but there is a little community (not associated with the embassy) living permanently in the island. By the way, I need to get a new Argentina football jersey in preparation for the worldcup. Where can I get one at a good price locally and how much is nowdays?

Try Francis Fashions, sadly you are probably more likely to find the Argentina TT shirt than ours.

Learn something new everyday, I know of a large Colombian/Dominican community but perhaps they are there for a different reason  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Gauchita

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2014, 07:15:34 PM »

... but still not officially showing on the calendar on AFA's website ... at least, when I checked a few hours ago.

Yes, but the guy in charge of organizing the friendly games of Argentina confirmed the match. Unless there is a last minute problem, I doubt it will be postponed or cancelled. There are some rumors going around that it will be in Cordoba. June is winter in Argentina, how will the warriors handle it? Not too cold though, August is the worst.

Offline Gauchita

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2014, 07:18:23 PM »

Try Francis Fashions, sadly you are probably more likely to find the Argentina TT shirt than ours.

Learn something new everyday, I know of a large Colombian/Dominican community but perhaps they are there for a different reason  ;D

I don't blame the stores. You have to support your national team no matter what!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2014, 07:20:41 PM »
Agreed bro, 100 %. But the above pts to another issue which others have covered here

Offline Gauchita

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2014, 07:23:27 PM »
I am not a "bro", I am a "sista" in that case. lol ;)

Just read that Grondona and others will meet on the 13th and 14th of June so I believe after that we will have all the details.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2014, 07:49:14 PM »
gauchita u can try the Fan Club..they have 3 locations at Movietowne, Trincity Mall, Gulf City...dont know if they hav Argentina in store (yet) but you can give them a call

Movie Towne Mall, Port of Spain Tel No. 290-1846
Gulf City Mall, La Romaine Tel No. 290-1840
Trincity Mall, Trincity Tel No: 289-0378

only original ting..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2014, 07:53:44 PM »
Agreed bro, 100 %. But the above pts to another issue which others have covered here

Yuh missed de "ita". gaucho gaucha ... gauchita.

(Brush up before Rio).  :devil:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2014, 08:07:11 PM »

:rotfl:

ent dread, as if ah did not know better, my bad Guachita  :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2014, 08:22:32 PM »

brush he damn mout!

Offline ttfootfan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2014, 08:58:41 PM »
looking forward to the game

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2014, 09:07:53 AM »
As sure as the sun rises in the east,the hope we all had that one day,we all would stand in love with Warrior football has truely arrived
Jah bless all Warriors for life.... :devil:

Offline Gauchita

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2014, 05:01:28 PM »

lol I will let the "guachita" pass eh because that means something different. It can have a good meaning and a bad meaning too but I know it was just a typo for you.  ;)

Offline Gauchita

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2014, 05:14:17 PM »
Was reading an article that said "Argentina will play with three teams: Romania, Trinidad and Tobago and Slovenia" and to show you how little my people know about Trinidad and Tobago, a few people commented "Why does it say three teams if there is four?" (thinking Trinidad and Tobago are two different countries)  :banginghead:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2014, 10:10:40 PM »
lol I will let the "guachita" pass eh because that means something different. It can have a good meaning and a bad meaning too but I know it was just a typo for you.  ;)

You have become trini-ized  :beermug:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2014, 01:59:54 AM »

Welcome Gauchita.....but doh let we start off on de wrong foot eh..... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>