April 29, 2024, 07:09:43 AM

Author Topic: Argentina vs Trinidad & Tobago , June 4 friendly  (Read 28018 times)

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Argentina vs Trinidad & Tobago , June 4 friendly
« on: January 04, 2014, 02:22:39 PM »
Lionel Messi's team will play Trinidad and Tobago, probably on June 4 at a venue yet to be settled, in preparation for their Group F matches against Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/soccer-argentina-deny-cameroon-world-cup-warm-013215630--sow.html

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Argentina vs Trinidad & Tobago , June 4 friendly
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 02:25:37 PM »
Big news!  Heckuva coup if it comes to pass.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 02:27:48 PM »
Lawd. Dream matchup between Messi and meh boy Seon Power!! :devil:

Heckuva licks if it come through  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 02:35:02 PM »
Dohh eff me uppp
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 02:40:23 PM »
Great match-up. An up-set there would do wonders for rankings! Would be great to get it on Trini soil

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 02:47:03 PM »
I wouldnt be surprised if we get more friendlies before the WC. Many teams are looking for "whipping boys" to play so they can get more confidence going into the world cup. I hope we show them that we aint no whipping boy..

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 03:06:32 PM »
Why alyuh doh haul alyuh arse. Messi better start jumping rope from now cause he go be skipping.

I hope they put this game in Carapo Recreational grounds
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 03:32:38 PM »
Why alyuh doh haul alyuh arse. Messi better start jumping rope from now cause he go be skipping.

I hope they put this game in Carapo Recreational grounds
Anywhere, Timbuktu perhaps, except the Centre of Excellently using other people's money.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 03:47:29 PM »
If this relly true...whattt...cld hv some serious scouts ..maybe Cyrus cld tame Messi and relly get a contract..Joevin too

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 03:57:05 PM »
 :o
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 04:10:31 PM »
A historical note. TT first encounter against Argentina was a 1-0 in our favour. Penal by Tyrone "D Tank" DeLabastide. PanAm games in Winepeg 1967.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 04:34:53 PM »
Dem fellas wukking boy!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 04:36:31 PM »
dream match... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: ;D

i want to see a ghana match as well and a holland and germany prep would be nice..

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 05:09:03 PM »
Would be nice to take this in live, press on TT :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 06:44:59 PM »
This game is unlikely to be played in TnT.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 09:32:47 PM »
Lawd. Dream matchup between Messi and meh boy Seon Power!! :devil:

Heckuva licks if it come through  ;D

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 09:42:58 PM »
Whattt ,is this our big Christmas gift that we were expecting wow.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 10:10:20 PM »
 :praying:

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 10:23:53 PM »
A historical note. TT first encounter against Argentina was a 1-0 in our favour. Penal by Tyrone "D Tank" DeLabastide. PanAm games in Winepeg 1967.

My info says it was Kelvin Berassa:

Tears Flow As Champs Bow
Date Published: 1967-07-29
Source: Winnipeg Free Press
Page: 8

HOT tears cursed down the cheeks of the favored Argentinians as they walked off the pitch at Winnipeg Stadium Friday night beaten 1-0 by the dark horses, Trinidad and Tobago, and out of the playoffs.

Centre forward Berassa was the hero, scrambling home the important goal in the 51st minute.

The match was conducted in an exemplary spirit: no doubt the players were sobered by the afternoon's events at Alexander Park.

Among the 5,000 in the stands the steel drums beat out. They had done it. Beaten the soccer supremos from South America, three times Pan-Am champions.

The Argentinians, individually the most gifted team in the tournament, put the noose around their own necks as they weaved themselves time and again into a red web of Trinidad defenders.

By contrast the Trinidadians swung the ball about, moving in beautiful concert in the second half.

more on the pan am games
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:25:49 PM by E-man »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 11:28:36 PM »
Nice match for us!
I really doubt this is in Trinidad.  Argentina will be the "host" team, and will want to play in a location comfortable for them.
They not sendin Messi to bump up his toe on our uneven pitches.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 12:00:32 AM »
I eh know, i kinda on the fence with this and would probably prefer to see the full schedule of friendlies in the first half of 2014 before jumping for joy.

Rather than the glamour matchup versus a top 5 team i would have preferred to see maybe 2 to 3 friendlies against top 20 teams. I was suggesting the TTFA pitch to a few of the teams to use T&T as a pre world cup camp, we are close enough for a 2 -3 hour charter flight to brazil. A mini tournament for the local fans. I hope this is still on the cards or in someone's thoughts at the FA. More than the football too, these teams will have traveling fans and there can be downstream tourism benefits. Even Tobago could be an option, for this.

As most here have agreed, a one off friendly against Argentina will most likely be played outside of T&T so if we not gonna get the gates then why would we want to take the score line.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 12:24:21 AM »
I eh know, i kinda on the fence with this and would probably prefer to see the full schedule of friendlies in the first half of 2014 before jumping for joy.

Rather than the glamour matchup versus a top 5 team i would have preferred to see maybe 2 to 3 friendlies against top 20 teams. I was suggesting the TTFA pitch to a few of the teams to use T&T as a pre world cup camp, we are close enough for a 2 -3 hour charter flight to brazil. A mini tournament for the local fans. I hope this is still on the cards or in someone's thoughts at the FA. More than the football too, these teams will have traveling fans and there can be downstream tourism benefits. Even Tobago could be an option, for this.

As most here have agreed, a one off friendly against Argentina will most likely be played outside of T&T so if we not gonna get the gates then why would we want to take the score line.

Because we suffering for quality international opposition?? I can't believe some of the comments I reading.  Men acting like we in a position to dictate anything right now.  If anything this may lead to other first class friendlies.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2014, 01:23:00 AM »

its called an opp, a good one at that and as bakes has pointed out, it can definitely let to better friendlies afterwards, once we give a good showing and surprise them by our quality...

this is the type of matches we need to play and warm up against teams of better caliber prior to this match, to prepare

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2014, 03:39:10 AM »
As i said i always shake my head when i read things here but i visited the TTFA office up to Friday and one of the questions i asked is if we have any games on the schedule and i was told there are none,i was also told if there would be any most likely it will be played abroad,may be this came up after i left.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2014, 06:26:50 AM »
I'm sure the TTFA will receive some of the gates - it's not a charity and we can't afford to fly them anywhere for free, and the players don't play for free neither.

Also, Trini came 3rd in the Pan American Games football competition that year - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_1967_Pan_American_Games

If only we'd beaten Bermuda!!

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2014, 06:39:38 AM »
I'm sure the TTFA will receive some of the gates - it's not a charity and we can't afford to fly them anywhere for free, and the players don't play for free neither.

Also, Trini came 3rd in the Pan American Games football competition that year - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_1967_Pan_American_Games

If only we'd beaten Bermuda!!
Does anyone know what really happened in that game? I understand that a player in pursuit of personal glory, "passed himself" fit when he wasn't  and thereby compromised the team's effectiveness and efficiency. There went the result!
Live large and prosper!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2014, 07:01:44 AM »

Because we suffering for quality international opposition?? I can't believe some of the comments I reading.  Men acting like we in a position to dictate anything right now.  If anything this may lead to other first class friendlies.

I agree, this is a profile building fixture. We've been sitting here vexed watching lesser teams get high profile friendlies, now we have one and people not happy? For our players this will be like a world cup final - a one off chance to test themselves against the best on a world stage. Every potential international will be focused on making this squad. It's a great incentive for Pro League players and we should see individuals step up their performances.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2014, 08:21:17 AM »

I can't disagree with the opportunity for using this fixture for future international friendlies and surely nobody is going to be upset if Argentina is confirmed for a friendly. I don't agree that we have suffered in 2013 for good matches, i think we have had a good run of friendlies over the past 6 to 9 months in the context of where our football is at the present time.

Maybe i am just seeing the potential of being so close to a WC host country combined with the facilities that we can offer to teams and their fans and feel as if we missing out on a good opportunity, I would be interested to know if the FA is even considering that opportunity. If they are and no teams accepted then fine we take what we get, but did they even think about it?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2014, 08:31:05 AM »
Hellllo....haiti play brazil...why we can't play argentina....who we hv a 1-0 record against  ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »

My info says it was Kelvin Berassa:

Tears Flow As Champs Bow
Date Published: 1967-07-29
Source: Winnipeg Free Press
Page: 8

HOT tears cursed down the cheeks of the favored Argentinians as they walked off the pitch at Winnipeg Stadium Friday night beaten 1-0 by the dark horses, Trinidad and Tobago, and out of the playoffs.

Centre forward Berassa was the hero, scrambling home the important goal in the 51st minute.

The match was conducted in an exemplary spirit: no doubt the players were sobered by the afternoon's events at Alexander Park.

Among the 5,000 in the stands the steel drums beat out. They had done it. Beaten the soccer supremos from South America, three times Pan-Am champions.

The Argentinians, individually the most gifted team in the tournament, put the noose around their own necks as they weaved themselves time and again into a red web of Trinidad defenders.

By contrast the Trinidadians swung the ball about, moving in beautiful concert in the second half.

more on the pan am games

I got meh games mixed up. Tyrone scored the penalty vs Mex. 1 - 1. Senility, senility!!!! Thanks for el correcto.

1]; } ?>