April 27, 2024, 08:55:00 AM

Author Topic: Argentina vs Trinidad & Tobago , June 4 friendly  (Read 27988 times)

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Argentina vs Trinidad & Tobago , June 4 friendly
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2014, 08:12:44 AM »
It may seem preposterous, but Central were looking to invite a team such as Japan to visit as part of their WC prep similar to how T&T camped in Austria in 06. However, we discovered that only a national F.A. can invite a nation!

To me, T&T is geographically, a perfect base for a WC camp prior to Brazil. However, unless Govt invest several million into fixing the stadiums, no teams would come.

At HC yesterday, most of the turnstiles aren't working and the pitch would not be suitable as a training surface for national teams...and thats before carnival mashes it up completely. Stephen Hart told me that the only decent surface at the moment is Larry Gomes, but you can't play in the evening as they still have only 3 floodlights working (after a year). He also said that there is a tree growing in the middle of Manny Ramjohn!

Holland played Canada at Varsity Stadium in Toronto prior to the World cup is the USA. I'm sure the capacity at Manny Ramjohn was bigger than the Varsity Stadium back then. Pitch wise it wasn't that great either.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Gauchita

• New Warrior
  • Argentina hasta la muerte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2014, 07:39:10 AM »
lol I will let the "guachita" pass eh because that means something different. It can have a good meaning and a bad meaning too but I know it was just a typo for you.  ;)

You have become trini-ized  :beermug:

Oh yeah, living here for many years although people see me, hear me and I assume I just landed. lol
Ole ole ole, ole ole ole ola, ole ole ole cada dia te quiero mas, soy argentina, es un sentimientooo, no puedo pararrrr!

Offline Gauchita

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2014, 07:40:03 AM »
Very excited about this game. I think it will be a great experience for both teams and even though my heart is with Argentina, I will also be happy if Trinidad scores.

Welcome Gauchita.....but doh let we start off on de wrong foot eh..... ;D

lol
Ole ole ole, ole ole ole ola, ole ole ole cada dia te quiero mas, soy argentina, es un sentimientooo, no puedo pararrrr!

Offline Gauchita

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2014, 07:44:59 AM »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2014, 08:34:48 AM »
Thanks for the update Gauchita
Would be lovely seeing T&T playing in this attractive arena: http://www.stadiumguide.com/ciudaddelaplata/
Well done Sheldon Phillips, Tim Kee and crew. Horner yuh go be dey? Ask Mammy if she geyyin' tickets.
On a nex' note, ah find de regular yardies real silent boy. Dey disappear "faster than a speeding bullet".

Go Warriors! Yuh go see all kinda players making deyself available.

Jan-Michael / Marvin Phillip

Mitchell (Power, Radanfah)   Primus (Bateau, Julius,)
        Hoyte (Carlos, Gonzales)                    Cyrus (Joevin, JLloyd)

Boucaud (Kevan George)  Hyland (Theobald)
        Peltier (Glen, S Winchester)                   Guerra (Hector)

Molino (Leston Paul, Marcus Joseph, Toussaint)
                     Jones (Plaza, Roberts, R. Winchester, Kerry Baptiste)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:44:32 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2014, 09:53:41 AM »
Very excited about this game. I think it will be a great experience for both teams and even though my heart is with Argentina, I will also be happy if Trinidad scores.

lol

Was reading an article that said "Argentina will play with three teams: Romania, Trinidad and Tobago and Slovenia" and to show you how little my people know about Trinidad and Tobago, a few people commented "Why does it say three teams if there is four?" (thinking Trinidad and Tobago are two different countries)  :banginghead:

If you adjust your profile to 'Argentinian in Trinidad & Tobago', you may be able to prevent Brownsugar from causing problems in Buenos Aires. Ah jes saying ...

Offline Gauchita

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2014, 10:50:44 AM »

lol

Was reading an article that said "Argentina will play with three teams: Romania, Trinidad and Tobago and Slovenia" and to show you how little my people know about Trinidad and Tobago, a few people commented "Why does it say three teams if there is four?" (thinking Trinidad and Tobago are two different countries)  :banginghead:

If you adjust your profile to 'Argentinian in Trinidad & Tobago', you may be able to prevent Brownsugar from causing problems in Buenos Aires. Ah jes saying ...

Just changed it lol and added a signature.

I wish the match was in the Estadio Monumental! (River Plate)  :banginghead:

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2014, 10:26:49 AM »
Jamaica vs France on de 7th June .is Argentina our only friendly
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2014, 10:45:04 AM »

When I saw France group I was hoping that they would have played us as a warm up for Honduras, but I guess they wanted an easier game  ;)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2014, 10:49:54 AM »
We should be whoring ourselves out to any teams prepping for the World Cup - lets generate some revenue here!

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2014, 07:19:50 PM »

When I saw France group I was hoping that they would have played us as a warm up for Honduras, but I guess they wanted an easier game  ;)

Word is that Argentina originally approached Jamaica for the game on June 4th...but because of the more lucrative deal put on the table by The French to host JA on June 7th (which would have been too close to june 4th), Burrell had to decline the offer from Messi and crew.  If you guys recall, last time Jamaica visited Buenos Aires, it took a 90th minute goal from Martin Palermo to break what looked certain to be a 1-1 tie (and certain firing of Diego Marradona, then coach). there was a promised return match...this was supposed to be it.

;)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 07:28:18 PM by reggae-fan »

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2014, 07:22:46 PM »

Word is that Argentina originally approached Jamaica for the game on June 4th...but because of the more lucrative deal put on the table by The French to host JA on June 5th, Burrell had to decline the offer from Messi and crew.  If you guys recall, last time Jamaica visited Buenos Aires, it took a 90th minute goal to break what looked certain to be a 1-1 tie. there was to be a return match...this was to be it.

;)

word is argentina playing trinidad...that is the final word.  nobody cares about burrell.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2014, 07:28:03 PM »
When is de return match against the reggae boyz...oh I forget..it happen and all yuh get  cut ass...no body eh kater bout burell
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2014, 07:45:58 PM »

Word is that Argentina originally approached Jamaica for the game on June 4th...but because of the more lucrative deal put on the table by The French to host JA on June 7th (which would have been too close to june 4th), Burrell had to decline the offer from Messi and crew.  If you guys recall, last time Jamaica visited Buenos Aires, it took a 90th minute goal from Martin Palermo to break what looked certain to be a 1-1 tie (and certain firing of Diego Marradona, then coach). there was a promised return match...this was supposed to be it.

;)

RF, yuh does fight some seriously small pips yes, I wulda give yuh de benefit of de doubt but too much precedent has been set
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2014, 08:36:08 PM »

Word is that Argentina originally approached Jamaica for the game on June 4th...but because of the more lucrative deal put on the table by The French to host JA on June 5th, Burrell had to decline the offer from Messi and crew.  If you guys recall, last time Jamaica visited Buenos Aires, it took a 90th minute goal to break what looked certain to be a 1-1 tie. there was to be a return match...this was to be it.

;)

word is argentina playing trinidad...that is the final word.  nobody cares about burrell.

Lol
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2014, 12:15:48 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/N1E4BP6wm-Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/N1E4BP6wm-Y</a>

1]; } ?>