March 28, 2024, 11:04:56 AM

Author Topic: The Inferiority Complex & Insecurity Displayed by Football Fans in T&T  (Read 6372 times)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Inferiority Complex & Insecurity Displayed by Football Fans in T&T
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2014, 09:33:52 AM »
Its a combination of all 3 - insecurity, inferiority and indifference.

And that right there is there fundamental reason our football team performs the way it does.

National players are simply citizens and supporters of our country who can play football.
If these three traits are pervasive in our society, guess what is gonna happen when you select 18 citizens from this stock.

How dare we criticise our national teams, when the first thing we should be doing is looking at ourselves.

Beenhakker used to hit the nail on the head all the time with his comments about the application and mindset of our footballers when he was in charge. Thats why Yorke and Latapy and Hislop were critical for him - their mentality. And people used to get vex with the man when he lambasting players and telling them if they wanna remain beach footballers, then thats the best they will ever get.

How we feel about fete and carnival is how we suppose to feel about footbal if we are to consistently compete with the likes of Honduras, COsta Rica etc. Even Jamaica, if we had their patriotic spirit, we would be a true regional force, just like if they had our natural talent.

I will never forget going to see T&T vs England and you coulda swear Trinidad was the away team in the stadium. SMH.

Imagine in Trinidad when you boo the opposition people turn up they nose at you.

Thats why we are the first place the rest of CONCACAF start looking at to pick up points on the road.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2014, 10:11:59 AM »
Its a combination of all 3 - insecurity, inferiority and indifference.

And that right there is there fundamental reason our football team performs the way it does.

National players are simply citizens and supporters of our country who can play football.
If these three traits are pervasive in our society, guess what is gonna happen when you select 18 citizens from this stock.

How dare we criticise our national teams, when the first thing we should be doing is looking at ourselves.

Beenhakker used to hit the nail on the head all the time with his comments about the application and mindset of our footballers when he was in charge. Thats why Yorke and Latapy and Hislop were critical for him - their mentality. And people used to get vex with the man when he lambasting players and telling them if they wanna remain beach footballers, then thats the best they will ever get.

How we feel about fete and carnival is how we suppose to feel about footbal if we are to consistently compete with the likes of Honduras, COsta Rica etc. Even Jamaica, if we had their patriotic spirit, we would be a true regional force, just like if they had our natural talent.

I will never forget going to see T&T vs England and you coulda swear Trinidad was the away team in the stadium. SMH.

Imagine in Trinidad when you boo the opposition people turn up they nose at you.

Thats why we are the first place the rest of CONCACAF start looking at to pick up points on the road.

good post :beermug:

Things i have also experienced that makes me shake my head...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2014, 10:24:54 AM »
But there is demand - how else would minor leagues keep messing with professional footballers and the Eddie Hart league and community teams (Guaya, Sando) get such high attendance? The Jack Warner years definitely had a massive detrimental effect on Trini football and undermined the fan base
     I will not agree with u there at all,during the JW years and prior Football always had tremendous crowds,Minor league,club,College,and international,any where in T&T Football was played had crowds,what happen u feel is since 06 JW running Football.

What Contro is saying makes sense to me,from my experiences in T&T Football football killed itself because there is no improvement,players are not as committed as they used too,the serious have to leave home else they too will get dormant,the young stars we have at home will get bored just now,same Trophies they playing for,same players they playing against,same grounds they playing on year in year out.

We does talk about the times but we are still stuck in the past,we still blaming the TTFA and the past Admin,Tim Kee and them trying to make a difference and people pressureing them,the hole we have dug ourselves in is difficult to come out off.The only thing that will help our Football today is if we can find a way to keep our best players at home else there is nothing to market.

Coops when you was a DoC, who did your players turn to for help? Who did your coaches turn to for help? Who did the DoC turn to for help? Where did your coaches get the knowledge, information, organization and concepts to enable improvement from?

Why is the USSF so invested in US Soccer? Why do they constantly engage clubs in attempting to improve youth development?

Go here and point me to a National Curriculum, a coaching course, any kind of info to assist the development of football in T&T. It's always the same old song and dance, the players not serious (even I do that) they not ready. Well guess what, you can't just wave a magic wand and "poof" quality players appear. There must be a process and in order o have a process you must have structure and that structure must have a foundation.

In 30 or so year of f@#KIng JW nothing, absolutely nothing, zilch, zero, nada. As a matter of fact in 100 years no plan, no brand. Spin how much you want the federation never led the way and it is with them the responsibility is entrusted to put in place a course of actions to enable development of the game that everyone can be PROUD of.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2014, 02:51:53 PM »
Elan,like sometimes u does go off,i don't know how what u talking to me about come up,i never said we are doing the right things or Football has anything in place for our development,read what i said again,is 22 yrs i've spent in US Soccer and before that i was involved in T&T Football in various capacities,there is not very much anyone can tell me about both,u don't have to preach anything to me,i spoke about the crowds it used to have in T&T Football and it never had no marketing etc etc 

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2014, 03:50:59 PM »
Elan,like sometimes u does go off,i don't know how what u talking to me about come up,i never said we are doing the right things or Football has anything in place for our development,read what i said again,is 22 yrs i've spent in US Soccer and before that i was involved in T&T Football in various capacities,there is not very much anyone can tell me about both,u don't have to preach anything to me,i spoke about the crowds it used to have in T&T Football and it never had no marketing etc etc 

I am also trying to figure out what it has to do with the topic of this thread, too often posters on here stray from the topic coops, I am sure you saw this over the years as well. Hijacking an excellent discussion because of ulterior motives or because they have a very short attention span. I am not saying Elan is one but I have seen it happen over 10 years.

Stick to the topic at hand and address it. If not, get off the damn thread and post about something else that is relevant to your discourse.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2014, 04:56:41 PM »

I am also trying to figure out what it has to do with the topic of this thread, too often posters on here stray from the topic coops, I am sure you saw this over the years as well. Hijacking an excellent discussion because of ulterior motives or because they have a very short attention span. I am not saying Elan is one but I have seen it happen over 10 years.

Stick to the topic at hand and address it. If not, get off the damn thread and post about something else that is relevant to your discourse.

You playing you can't understand. I not straying from the topic. I am addressing the topic of why I believe that the fans in T&T cannot just be labelled as having insecurities or inferiority complex if they hesitate to support T&T and supporting other teams.

Hey maybe if I just started berating T&T fans then maybe I will be on topic.

Ah go leave alyuh thread alone and you all can proceed on berating T&T fans for berating the T&T teams.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 05:01:50 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2014, 05:00:50 PM »

Coops again as stated here many times before, Back then Pele wasn't on your TV every Saturday and Sunday morning and during the midweek on afternoons. There was no BeIN Sports, ESPN, Setanta, FSC for men to look at. Now you seeing every world star and up coming star from around the world live.

You can follow almost every major league in the world while yuh waiting on a maxi, in the doubles lines, while handing overs yuh iPhone 12 to ah bandit dat robbing yuh or even while using the TTFF computer that should be updating TTFF online.

But hey back then there was no marketing and fans came out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2014, 05:11:49 PM »
But hey back then there was no marketing and fans came out

Totally correct about this. I remember going to the Oval on a mid week to see TT play B'dos in an Olimpic qualifying game. Oval had about  18000 people. Mid week, star. Mid week.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2014, 08:44:21 PM »
But hey back then there was no marketing and fans came out

Totally correct about this. I remember going to the Oval on a mid week to see TT play B'dos in an Olimpic qualifying game. Oval had about  18000 people. Mid week, star. Mid week.
       The difference with me is that i was around in those times,that was my time why it's so hard for me to come to terms with what's going on today,my thoughts are when u go to Football is either u going there to enjoy a side show or u going there to enjoy a game of Football,all these pum pum girls etc etc is a huge distraction for me at games(now that's just me),when i go to a game i'm not just a spectator,i look at the game as a player,Coach,scout etc etc 

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2014, 11:36:28 AM »
Quote from Elan

In 30 or so year of f@#KIng JW nothing, absolutely nothing, zilch, zero, nada. As a matter of fact in 100 years no plan, no brand. Spin how much you want the federation never led the way and it is with them the responsibility is entrusted to put in place a course of actions to enable development of the game that everyone can be PROUD of.

Enlighten (if at all possible) Coop's fuh me please ... Lord Faddah!!
Nevah see a person so loyal to such pure vermin. Cyah believe that 2 gin and tonic wit' de boys is responsible for such blind discipleship.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2014, 12:07:20 PM »
The fans will get behind the team when they start producing results, deep down I know every single trini wants the national team to do well and support them but we have to be realistic, our current team isn't filled with superstars anymore, just a handful play in lower divisions across the globe. Head dropping losses to Guyana, Jamaica and Haiti still lingers, especially the way we didn't make the hex. Although we have some favorable results since Hart took the helm this team is still in a process of finding where they are ranked versus the new world teams. I will not say don't buy a shirt because we are well respected with Mexicans but not so much in USA and Costa Rica, maybe even Honduras so there is still a lot of pride wearing it regardless.

All I have to say is Hart is getting there, but there is still a long way to go before we start believing in the national team again. You can't force people to like your product, the product is what people should choose to like.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:09:27 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2014, 12:38:58 PM »
The question is why doesn't T&T have more hard-core fans? England could lose 20 games in a row and still get 80,000 and there are a number of poorly performing nations who'd never not sell out.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2014, 07:26:48 PM »
Quote from Elan

Enlighten (if at all possible) Coop's fuh me please ... Lord Faddah!!
Nevah see a person so loyal to such pure vermin. Cyah believe that 2 gin and tonic wit' de boys is responsible for such blind discipleship.
    Dreamer u see what's the topic,why do u look for any opportunity to attack me on JW,i have been posting here for sometime check every single post that i have posted and see if i ever attacked u,my i deas and views about JW is mine why keep bringing it up all the time,ah mean look at the topic and here u go again.Have u ever done anything worthwhile for T&T Football besides old talk? JW gone breds JW is history we moving on is Tim Kee time,u know how many TTFA meetings i have been too already?what loyal to such pure vermin u talking about.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 07:30:12 PM by Coop's »

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2014, 07:02:23 AM »
I agree with the approach of marketing needing improvemen etc etc...but there is a deeper underlying problem.Our society is suffering from a cancer of recalcitrancy,debauchary,excess,selfishness,greed and apathy.Look at sports as  a whole nobody cares of something that benefit the nation collectively,to have some interest..it must be a fad!!!
tell them it was me

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2014, 12:44:31 PM »
I agree with the approach of marketing needing improvemen etc etc...but there is a deeper underlying problem.Our society is suffering from a cancer of recalcitrancy,debauchary,excess,selfishness,greed and apathy.Look at sports as  a whole nobody cares of something that benefit the nation collectively,to have some interest..it must be a fad!!!

Very true man, I would like to believe that it's a cycle...with the advent of "affordable" cable television everyone's fixated on all things foreign - from cars to clothes, tuh what we now need to be entertained regarding football. I think things will change eventually, however, we just need something that can serve as the catalyst for that change...

1]; } ?>