April 25, 2024, 12:45:07 AM

Author Topic: Zoran Vranes Thread  (Read 8335 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Zoran Vranes Thread
« on: January 11, 2014, 09:01:27 AM »
Zoran Vranes: Coaching whom now?

Effective with the youth team players.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 05:33:26 AM by Flex »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zoran Vranes: Coaching whom now?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 09:29:53 AM »
I was a bit confused by the national youth set up, who's in charge of who? and is Zoran still there?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 10:15:56 AM »
Anton in charge of everything he just showing up and doing what he want.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 01:10:41 PM »
Zoran Vranes is Central FC's new coach. He has signed a 2-year contract.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 01:31:02 PM »
Very very interesting.
Sancho, yuh moving' damn smart and yuh really starting a coaching arms race in T&T that will benefit everybody.
National coach, been to the youth Olympics, coaches a good brand, knows T&T football, T&T psychology & politics like the back of his hand.
Daiz a power move. T&T football showing signs of something big about to happen in a few years.
Central playing in the Concacaf Club Championship qualifiers.
.. and to cap it off, de Warriors going after Jackula and putting Uncle Tim under pressure. It doh get better than that

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 04:17:45 PM »
Interesting, not heard much per se of him, apart from his position. Forumites rate him?

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 05:45:20 PM »
I am asking because I don't know. Can someone fill be in on Anton's accomplishments as a coach.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 06:00:46 PM »
I am asking because I don't know. Can someone fill be in on Anton's accomplishments as a coach.

As a coach Anton is no good, not even one ounce.

But he is a sensible person who knows the game a little, a good talker and could evaluate the game.

However, he cannot coach and is not good tactically and technically as a coach.

He got a lot of experience because his forefather was Jack Warner and the Corneals are well connected in T&T.

Zoran Vranes is a much better coach.

Central will do decent with him, but he have to be stern, he not to stern or else the players will walk over him.

He is not a guy to make a sudden impact, but over time he will do decent providing de players like him, his English is poor and might also be a problem,

But overall, he is a decent coach and loves T&T.

Good buy Central.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Zoran Vraneš takes over at Central FC
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 06:13:46 PM »
Zoran Vraneš takes over at Central FC
ttproleague.com

Former Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Senior Team, Under-20 and Under-23 coach Zoran Vraneš was unveiled on Thursday as the new Central FC head coach.

The 63-year-old Serbian penned a two-year deal which will see him at the Couva-based club till mid-2016, occupying the position left vacant by Englishman Terry Fenwick.

Fenwick, who led Central FC to last season’s First Citizens Cup and Lucozade Sport Goal Shield titles, and the runners-up position in the Digicel Pro League to qualify for the 2015 Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Club Championship, signed a three-year agreement in Belgium with lower division outfit CS Visé prior to the end of last season.

“I think he (Vraneš) is, in no doubt, one of the most experienced, probably one of the better coaches to pass through the island,” said Central FC managing director Brent Sancho on the appointment of Vraneš as the club’s new head coach.

Vraneš is no stranger to T&T football, having served various levels of the national set-up – Senior Team, Under-20 and Under-23 – and at club level with Joe Public. Vraneš led the T&T Men’s Senior Team to successive Caribbean Cup titles in 1995 and 1996, and won the title again in 2001 as an assistant coach to, now deceased, Scotsman Ian Poterfield.

Vraneš, who also had stints with the Antigua and Barbuda, and St Vincent and the Grenadines Men’s Senior Teams, had a brief stint as assistant coach to Russell Latapy with the T&T Men’s Senior in 2009, and in the same year led the T&T U20’s to the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Egypt.

“We had a number of foreign coaches that passed through this island,” continued Sancho. “(…) but when you look at Zoran’s record as a coach, he has a tremendous record, not just as being successful on the pitch but also, what really interests us as a club, the development of the young players. That is something that we are quite high on, moving forward as a football club. So once his résumé hit our desk, it was a no-brainer for us.

“We have been around for a very short space of time but we have tasted some success… success good enough for us to build on and we believe that Zoran is the one to take us to the next level.

“He has coached a plethora of national team players and also coached many other Caribbean islands. He is a coach with a vast wealth of experience, and we expect him to continue his success under Central FC.”

Under the charge of Vraneš, Central FC will begin its 2015/2016 pre-season on Monday.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Vraneš promises an improved Central FC
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 06:14:28 PM »
Vraneš promises an improved Central FC
ttproleague.com

Newly appointed Central FC head coach Zoran Vraneš wants improvement from his players and has promised to put in the necessary work as coach.

The 63-year-old Serbian said his focus is for the team “to play better, to play nicer maybe, to achieve similar and maybe better results.”

Last season under the charge of Englishman Terry Fenwick, Central captured the First Citizens Cup and Lucozade Sport Goal Shield titles, as well as finished runners-up behind W Connection in the Digicel Pro League, qualifying for the 2015 Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Club Championship, which serves as the qualifier towards the Concacaf Champions League.

Vraneš said that he and Fenwick, a three-time Pro League winner at San Juan Jabloteh, have been friends for a long time as well as very tough opponents.

“He (Fenwick) has been very successful with Central, yes,” added Vraneš. “(…) but I don’t want to say it’s our limit. I believe that we have the ability to [make the next step] and that’s what I’m here for. If I didn’t believe that we can make the next step then [what am] I doing here.

“I could promise that I would work very hard with the guys and develop [the players] further – that’s definite.”

Vraneš admitted however, “It will take some time for players to adapt to my style, which is different from Fenwick.”

He said that Central finished second in the league last season, and qualified for the Caribbean Club Championship, with a bit of luck. And that he believes under his charge the club can make a “bigger step”.

“I know other clubs are looking for success also but I know our players here [at Central],” said the former Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Senior Team, Under-20 and Under-23 coach.

“I know Trinidad, I know Trinidadians, [and] I know their habits; some good, some bad. I know they can achieve if they are more disciplined.

“Now I'm at new club (Central FC) to develop my record, to help young guys, especially those who want (opportunities) outside of the country.

“I believe that Trinidadians have potential. I know many of Central players already. Of course we are expecting to have some [new ones in] to be the strongest opponent in this country.”

Zoran Vraneš coaching career in order of years
FK Rudar Pljevlja (1993 - 1994)
Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Senior Team (1995 - 1996)
Antigua and Barbuda (1997 - 2000)
Joe Public FC (2001 - 2003)
Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Senior Team (assistant coach) (2001)
FK Rudar Pljevlja (2003 - 2004)
St Vincent and the Grenadines (2004 - 2007)
Trinidad and Tobago Under-20 and Under-23 (2008 - 2011)
Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Senior Team (assistant coach) (2009)
FK Sumadija (director of youth football) 2012 – 2014

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 06:53:55 PM »
I asked because when I see him and hear him I wonder why people think he would make a good coach to anyone but really young kids. I can't see big hard back men taking him seriously. So I wondered what he did to warrant giving him these lofty positions.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zoran Vraneš takes over at Central FC
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 05:49:30 AM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 06:49:36 AM »
Well done.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 02:27:25 PM »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 10:13:24 AM »
Is Central Fc starting a trend or showing a preference for foreign coaches?  Is there no qualified local or Trini born national  with credentials that would qualify to coach Central FC?

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 11:15:30 AM »
Their money, they could spend it how the want. It seems to be working though.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 11:46:02 AM »
Is Central Fc starting a trend or showing a preference for foreign coaches?  Is there no qualified local or Trini born national  with credentials that would qualify to coach Central FC?

Only other one of roughly equal qualification has a pressing engagement with a certain national team :p

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 11:51:20 AM »
Zoran is Serbian or what ever. Yes he is foreign born. But he is no fly by night coach. He has has been in the TT and the region for ages. After a certain amount of years in TT, I never considered Zoran, Steuart-Charles and Fenwick foreign anymore. They planted roots in TT. So allyuh still vex with John-Williams?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 12:55:25 PM »
Zoran is Serbian or whatever. Yes he is foreign born. But he is no fly by night coach. He has has been in the TT and the region for ages. After a certain amount of years in TT, I never considered Zoran, Stuart-Charles and Fenwick foreign anymore. They planted roots in TT. So allyuh still vex with John-Williams?

:beermug:

... and he had a big part to play in the player development for those whom we see now as having potential.
Part of the the coaching team that carried an historic T&T squad to Egypt's youth World Cup. Included people who Molino, De Silva, Leston Paul, Marcus Joseph?, Cyrus, Primus, Akeem Adams, Bateau,? Uriah Bentick? and a host of very promising defenders (normally a weakness in our culture), Hyland, Glenroy Samuel and others who emerged at the same time as that cry-baby Rodriguez boy in Colombia.
Seems to understand defense and team organization on the pitch pretty well. Game never looks shitty under his tutelage. Just solid I would say. Weakness is language barrier but small ting. 

Here' s a very small taste: http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/T_T_U-20s_saunter_towards_Egypt-115446559.html

Tallman, Flex, E-man, Tiresais and crew go show allyuh all the real juicy articles of years gorn by.
A relatively green club team with a limited budget like Central FC has to be happy to get a fellah of his coaching calibre.
Good going Sancho. Yuh making a serious statement of intent. Operation win the league, eat up some of that juicy prize money that Horner used to salivate over, qualify as high as you can for Concacaf club championships, get your players on the regional and international shop window, hit it big, put peer pressure on the other local clubs to up their game and fan club base, liberate the minds of the socawarrior community and finish off the myth of the relevance of Jackulito, and then we will hopefully see T&T in contention more regularly for World Cup qualification. A whole new paradigm shift breddah in approach to football. People noticin', including the respected elders like Deeks.  ..... Horner too, but he too busy trying to secure asylum in a Pacific island hideaway somewhere before the Feds nab him..
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 06:54:42 AM by dreamer »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 12:58:26 PM »

Central considered several local coaches as well as several from overseas. First consideration for the shortlisted names was: Are they available? Richard Hood from Police wasn't. Ross Russell still has his Army career to consider. Brian Haynes wouldn't be available until December.
So, even before we could select who we liked, we had to discount some. We also wanted someone with experience of coaching teams against foreign opposition, someone who had a good record of developing talent and someone who could quickly adapt to the uniqueness of the Trini footballer and environment. Zoran ticked all the boxes plus he now has his UEFA A licence.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 01:15:14 PM »
Thank God allyuh got Zoran! Brian Haynes would have been interesting but not tried and tested in this bacchanal environment. "Zoro" Zoran proved already he can handle it. Low risk.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2014, 04:11:08 AM »
Nice work in the PR department - news made CONCACAF's main page;

Vranes named Central FC head coach
CONCACAF.com

COUVA, Trinidad & Tobago – TT Pro League runner-up Central FC announced Thursday the appointment of former Trinidad & Tobago head coach Zoran Vranes as its new manager.

The Serbian replaces former England international Terry Fenwick, who took a similar position last month with CS Vise of the Belgian second division.

"He (Vranes) is without a doubt, one of the most experienced and probably one of the better coaches to pass through the island,” said Central managing director Brent Sancho.  “He has a tremendous record, and not just being successful on the pitch, but in the development of young players, which really interests us as a club.  That is something that we are quite high on in terms of moving forward as a club."

Vranes signed a two year contract and expressed excitement about the future.

"I could promise that I would work very hard with the guys and develop [the players] further – that’s definite,” said Vranes.  “It will take some time for players to adapt to my style, which is different from Fenwick.

“I believe that we have the ability to (take the next step) and that’s what I’m here for.”

The 63-year-old is familiar with many of Central’s squad members, having worked with players such as Sean De Silva, when he guided Trinidad to the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Egypt.

Central FC has already qualified for the 2015 Caribbean Cub Championship, the region’s qualifying competition for the CONCACAF Champions League.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 03:16:02 PM »
Heard that Terry Fenwick is back with Central FC.

Could this be the end of Vranes?

Only heard so, hopefully, FS will give us more accurate news.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2015, 04:33:42 PM »
However, tomorrow morning, Fenwick will officially rejoin them at the “Couva Sharks” as their new head coach. Zoran Vranes, a native of the former Yugoslav republic, will step aside and take over the position of Central technical director with responsibility over the youth and women’s teams.

Vranes will essentially act in place of Central director of women’s and youth football, George Romano, who is recovering from a stroke he suffered last month.

Central operations director Kevin Harrison, who is also advisor to Sport Minister Brent Sancho, confirmed that the feisty Englishman was back in the driver’s seat.

Read More.....
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2015, 03:26:41 AM »
Vranes takes charge of T&T Olympic team.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Preparations begin for Olympic qualifiers

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association will on Wednesday morning commence preparation of a squad of invited players for the upcoming Caribbean Football Union Leg of the 2016 Men’s Olympic qualifiers which begins in early August.

The TTFA today wishes to announce that  Zoran Vranes will serve as head coach of the National Under 23 team. Vranes will oversee the preparation of the team for its opening qualifying round in Puerto Rico from June 22nd. He will also oversee preparation of the team to represent this country at the Pan American Games in Canada in July.

The Caribbean Football Union will announce T&T's group for the opening round of the Olympic qualifiers in due course. The top two teams from the Caribbean will advance to the CONCACAF Final Olympic qualifying round which takes place in the United States between October 1st to 15th this year.

CONCACAF will  qualify two teams for the Rio 2016 Olympics.  The third-placed team in CONCACAF will advance to the CONCACAF–CONMEBOL play-off where they will play against a representative from CONMEBOL, which will be the Colombia, the 2015 South American Youth Football Championship runner-up

Included in Vranes’ squad are several players from the recent T&T Under 20 team, other members from the T&T Pro  League and six US-based players. 

Among the names are North East Stars midfielder Neveal Hackshaw, Shannon Gomez and Jomal Williams who made their senior international debut against Panama last month, Martieon Watson, Brendon Creed. Josiah Trimmingham, Levi Garcia, Akeem Garcia, Kadeem Corbin, Kevon Goddard, Jabari Mitchell, Aikim Andrews and Alvin Jones, another member of the T&T Senior team.

Vranes, delighted to be back at the helm of a national team, said the Olympic qualification is sure to be a challenging one.

“First of all, I am very happy to be back working with a national team. I’ve had some great experiences working with national teams of Trinidad and Tobago and this now a continuation as I try to have a positive input. Of course we went to the Under 20 World Cup in Egypt in 2009 and I was the coach of that team with players like Kevin Molino, Akeem Adams and Sheldon Bateau and now we have a chance to go to Brazil for the Olympics in 2016,” Vranes told TTFA Media.

“But this is going to be a difficult task now. We are a little bit behind time but okay, this is not something we cannot overcome. I think the qualification is more challenging than the World Cup because only two teams from CONCACAF will qualify directly. We have a lot of work to do but I think there are players with a lot of potential and experience in the squad now and we will use everything we have to make it happen for us,” he added.

“Many of these players I have worked with and observed in the Pro League and this is also an opportunity to prepare the players knocking on the door for the Senior team and I know they will be quite eager to do well in the Olympic team,” Vranes continued.

Vranes is also a former T&T Senior Team head coach and assistant coach. The T&T team will train at 8am on Wednesday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2015, 04:09:51 AM »
Good luck Zoro! Qualifying for this tourney would be fantastic.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2015, 08:01:42 AM »
Go Zoro! Thanks for being part of T&T's football dreams.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2015, 03:46:18 AM »
Central FC releases Anthony Rougier and technical director Zoran Vranes.

Rougier is now director of football at Fyzabad Secondary.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2015, 07:31:09 AM »
Goodness gracious. Dey just wasting this fellah. He could be coaching our under 17s or something so. He was lead coach of 2 youth world cup teams in South Korea and Egypt, the reason we seeing people like Bateau, Molino, Cyrus, Hyland, Uriah Bentick, Leston Paul, Marcus Joseph, Knox, De Silva, Rochford, the late Akeem, and countless others Thorne Holder? and we boy in Poland.
Anyway HR liked coaching youths. More use for him after the fans wake up and get rid of Uncle Tim.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2015, 11:14:45 AM »
Central FC releases Anthony Rougier and technical director Zoran Vranes.

Rougier is now director of football at Fyzabad Secondary.

Ah see Sancho back on de job.

Just now he go fire all them players one by one who sign that petition.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>