April 28, 2024, 12:56:49 PM

Author Topic: Keith Douglas (Muhammad Saleem) has passed.  (Read 9070 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Keith Douglas (Muhammad Saleem) has passed.
« on: March 14, 2012, 05:36:35 PM »
just read that Keith Douglas has passed. RIP. God Bless.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 06:05:46 AM by Tallman »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Keith Douglas(Mahummed Salim) has passed.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 06:14:37 PM »
Sorry to hear.

I remember him being a good player.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 06:44:13 PM »
This news has really hit me hard,i became very close to Keith as i know him when he joined the Defence Force,although i played against him when he played for Civic Center,he became my mentor where the game was concerned because he was so much ahead of me,he encouraged me to work hard and fought for my selection on the team in the early days,he only spent about a year with DF as the military life was not his calling.

I must say that those who have had the opportunity to see this guy play surely experienced one of our country's finest,always serious where the game was concerned.All i want to say to you Keith is thanks for the good times you gave us all,i want to offer my condolences to his family,RIP Breds i for sure will miss you.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 06:46:18 PM »
Is every week somebody deading....

Anyway, condolence to he family.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
Re: Keith Douglas (Mahummed Salim) has passed.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 09:15:46 PM »
Another Point man gone.... RIP Mr Salim ..condolences to the family
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 05:55:52 AM »
I knew Keith Douglas more by his muslim name SALIM.  A gem of a fellow.  I was fortunate to play inter-dept football with him in his latter days...a real roughhouse defender at that time even though he had to have been in his fifties at that time.  Point Fortin lost a good son.

RIP breddah  :salute: :(
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 07:43:12 AM »

Southern Football League Champions 1969.
1st Row (L to R): N. G. Graham, H. Edwards, V. Sandy, T. Edwards, A. Cupid (Goal Keeper), L. Humphery, M. Douglas, R. Hacket, (Coach)
2nd Row: Monty Douglas, Dick Furlonge, S. Quanvie, V. Furlonge, M. Hackett, M. Sinette
3rd Row: W. Cave, L. DeLeon, K. Douglas, K. Joseph

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 08:06:06 AM »
Nice pic...the rows should have been labelled back', 'front' and 'middle' though...cause I watching the 1st row and thinking is the row in front.  ::)

As a youthman, I played football with some of these guys in their twilight years...and at the time I thinking them fellas real good boy.
Wilfred Cave, Sidney Quanvie, Humphrey, Monty, Mervyn (Mellows) and Keith (Salim) Douglas.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »
respect...seen him a few times
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 06:00:13 AM »
I think Douglas and Cumberbatch's funeral might be going on at around the same time...one in north and the other in south.  I think I going to put in an appearance in Douglas funeral.  Festival Square in Point Fortin.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
VFFTT, family and friends pays tribute to Saleem
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 09:27:58 AM »
VFFTT, family and friends pays tribute to Saleem
T&T Guardian

The Veteran Footballers Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago and a large turnout footballers gathered to celebrate the life and bid farewell to an outstanding son of the prominent Point Fortin national footballers fraternity, Muhammad Saleem formally known as Keith Douglas. The congregation of some four hundred, was led by the Honourable Paula Goopie Scoon, Member of Parliament for Point Fortin, His Worship Alderman, Clyde Paul Mayor of Pt Fortin, Madam Justice Joan Charles and former Members of Parliament, Edward Hart and Kenneth Collis.

The celebration of his life was held at the Pt Fortin Festival Square where the ceremony chaired by Mr Selby Browne, featured tributes from Gwenwyn Cust, President VFFOTT,  Tim Lambkin, Trinidad and Tobago Defense Force, Dr Roy Mc Cree, Pt Fortin Civic Center FC, Julien Cudjoe, Desperadoes Steel Orchestra and Muhummad Shabazz, longtime friend. The eulogy was presented by his children Saleema, Suafiya and Kareem after which chairman Selby Browne, primary school classmate, boyhood friend and vice president VFFOTT, then invited Imam Sadir Alrazi of the Masjid Al Wasat to conduct the Janazah Prayer.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:30:47 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keith Douglas (Muhammad Saleem) has passed.
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 06:07:27 AM »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 06:49:58 AM »
Nice tribute Tallman,this guy deserve every bit of it and i want to add he was a top panman with Desperados,i was made to understand the turnout at the funeral service was incredible, it's the reason Batch did not get the send off he deserved people could not be in two places at the same time.

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 07:35:18 AM »
Rest in Peace

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 10:19:01 AM »
I feeling so shame....I knew this man for years working in the same company.  For us it was just about shit talk and interdept football where he was considered as a bruiser.  He only used to say "Waters boy, they wasn't able with me when I was in mih days inno"  ;D

I never knew these articles existed or what he went through in his playing days.   The man never say he was top scorer in the league, nor that he went for trials overseas.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 11:13:34 AM »
I feeling so shame....I knew this man for years working in the same company.  For us it was just about shit talk and interdept football where he was considered as a bruiser.  He only used to say "Waters boy, they wasn't able with me when I was in mih days inno"  ;D

I never knew these articles existed or what he went through in his playing days.   The man never say he was top scorer in the league, nor that he went for trials overseas.

You see when i talking about players on here it have men does want to shit me up because they don't know about the people i'm talking about,people here will never know the quality of Footballers we had in this country because they have never seen them or want to know about them,imagine Tallman could produce all those newspaper clippings from the good old days could you imagine if it had internet,utube etc etc in those days what we would be reading about T&T Football and players,ah mean look at the history of this guy we would like to have players like that around today.
        It's a lot guys who talk Football on here don't know,what you will find is that they know about Footballers and Football from all over the world and don't know about their own,they watch foreign Football and don't watch our local leagues,reporters give updates on foreign league games,games on TV etc and nothing from home.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 04:40:46 PM »
Look at the leading scorers that year in the SFL. Keith Douglas, Steve David(running 2nd), Cave , Kenny Joseph, Ken Murren, Lyle Jeffery, Deleon on 13. All them men at some time played for TT. I eh even mention Dick Furlonge( Mohammed Aleem). Imagine Steve could not make PFCC, he had to go Caroni. Rip Douglas-Saleem.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »

Southern Football League Champions 1969.
1st Row (L to R): N. G. Graham, H. Edwards, V. Sandy, T. Edwards, A. Cupid (Goal Keeper), L. Humphery, M. Douglas, R. Hacket, (Coach)
2nd Row: Monty Douglas, Dick Furlonge, S. Quanvie, V. Furlonge, M. Hackett, M. Sinette
3rd Row: W. Cave, L. DeLeon, K. Douglas, K. Joseph

Nice to see "train" in dah photo

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 05:12:48 PM »

Palos, Are you referring to Kenny Joseph?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 06:41:20 PM »

Yup....

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 08:12:17 PM »

Yup....
      Nobody talks about that guy and he used to score more goals for Defence Force than Ron LaForest,he played for T&T,played professionally in the NASL and also for St Benedicts and PFCC,a prolific goal scorer no wonder he was called the Train. 

Offline ragga

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 07:41:52 PM »
Rest In Peace my brother.

Looking at the PFCC pic gave me goose pimples.

I was very fortunate (some might think un-fortunate) to have played (or try to play) against many of the guys in an inter-zone match at Mahaica in the early 70's. It was SFL - Southern Football League (CC had the most players selected for the team) vs CFA (Central Football Association).

Needless to say, we were badly whipped 18 -0 (9 in 1st half and 9 in 2nd half).

Ah fella name Tano (if meh memory right) hit meh a tackle that ah can't forget.

After the game they feed we well and still treated we with respect.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 09:33:14 AM »
Ragga, Tano Edwards was a stalwart for CC at left back. For years he was on the cusp for the nationa teaml. He did play one game for TT. Off the field he was nice dude. I played twice in Mahaica. Both games were very exciting.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Saleem Muhammad Memorial
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 01:25:45 PM »
Saleem Muhammad Memorial
VFFOTT Secretariat

The Veteran Footballers Foundation and Point Fortin Civic Center FC, will host the “Saleem Muhammad Memorial” "Over 50" North vs South football match at Mahaica Oval, Point Fortin on Saturday 27th April 2013 at 3:30pm.

Several former national footballers invited to represent the teams, include:

North: Selris Figaro (Captain) Ulric ‘Buggy’ Haynes, Gwenwyn Cust, Eddie Hart, Everard Cummings, Tim Lambkin, Alvin Corneal, Jerry Browne, Ben Sombrano, Julien  “Vice” Cudjoe, Godfrey Harris, Norbert Phillips, Vernon and Ellis Sadaphal, Ulric Boxhill, Desmond Headley, Tansley Thompson, Roger Mathew, Brian Bain, Rolf Clarke, Gordon Husbands, Ken Butcher, Alvin Henderson, Keith Look Loy, Wally Butcher, Ron La Forest, Ian Clauzel, Ross Russell, Brent Sancho, Stern John, Arnold Dwarika, Clayton Morris, Beverly Alleyne, Ming Alleyne and several others.
Managers: Major General Ralph Brown, Polly Regis and Ian Charla Dore.

Read More...

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 02:04:55 PM »
Aye Coops as a lil  youthman i had the privilege of seeing of alot  dem guys play at the queens park oval  and  king george  v park under the lights  even storming   to go see dem fellas play  what ah treat ah aint go lie .... Keith Douglas  along with his bro Anthony Douglas were real talented to watch   , rip keith douglas  he deserved all accollades  given to him .....  got to mention watching the list of players who willing taking part in tribute to him   the likes of gerry brown , the ron la forest leo twinkle toes brewster bring back real nice memories ah would storm the oval all over again if i could back de clock to see dem men an dem  ..... coops don;t worry ah storm to see you and ur defence force team too lol

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Point Fortin Football Matriarch Una Douglas passes away
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 09:05:31 PM »
Point Fortin Football Matriarch Una Douglas passes away
CSTN Limited

As the Point Fortin football family prepares to pay tribute to the young Ambassador Akeem Adams, news of the death of Mrs. Una Douglas, Matriarch of the Point Fortin Football DOUGLAS CLAN.

Her husband, Neville “Watty” Douglas, who played football for UBOT, in the 1950’s, South Trinidad Football Team and the National Team, also played as a professional in Venezuela along with Alan “Caracas” Joseph, elder brother of for National Captain, Sedley Joseph.

Una and Watty had four fabulous footballing sons, Melville, Monty, Tony and recently deceased, Saleem, formerly Keith, who also distinguished themselves representing the South Trinidad Football Team and three of them the National Team. Having represented St Benedicts College, Tony went to Vere Technical College in Jamaica and the Los Angeles Aztecs in the NASL.  

Mr. Selby Browne said Mrs. Douglas was the silent treasure of Point Fortin Football.

Those of us who had the privilege to spend most of our primary school days within Point Fortin Family would attest to her quiet warm motherly support, whether for a match at the Techier Ground, Coronation Park, Mahaica Oval, Skinner Park, in front the Grand Stand or the Queen Park Oval. The love and confidence she gave to all the Point Fortin footballers during that era would remain with all those whose life she touched.

Mrs. Douglas would be laid to rest after a funeral service on Saturday 18th at the Point Fortin R.C. church at 10:00 a.m.

CSTN Limited
Marketing Partner
Point Fortin Civic Football Club

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2014, 09:35:04 PM »
Article above with headline "Douglas in Trouble" referring to problems getting released to go to Preston North End ... circa 1970 ... anyone with insights on that?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2014, 09:38:19 PM »
RIP, Mama!!!! God Bless!!!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 10:01:52 PM »
RIP to another Point Fortin football ambassador.  :(
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>