March 28, 2024, 05:21:11 PM

Author Topic: Kareem Moses Thread  (Read 7920 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Kareem Moses Thread
« on: January 16, 2014, 02:47:37 AM »
Moses set to join Canada’s FC Edmonton.
T&T Guardian Reports.

T&T and North East Stars central defender Kareem Moses is set to pick up a one year contract with North American Soccer League (NASL) club FC Edmonton for the 2014 season.

“He has signed for one year and once they (Edmonton) like what they see in the season, they would sign him further,” said Stars head coach Angus Eve.

The NASL is the second tier of the US soccer pyramid, behind the Major League Soccer (MLS) and in front of the United Soccer League Professional Division (USL Pro), while FC Edmonton are only heading into their fourth season of professional football when the season kicks off in April.

Moses, 23, who will jet off to Canada in early February, said, “It is every player’s dream to play abroad…to see other places and make your family proud. So I’m really excited.

“It’s a great step coming from the Pro League and going to the next level, which will help me develop my skills and level of thinking towards reaching the highest level of the game.

That’s most important to me, and I’m also hoping that this move might even help me get a recall to the national team, being an international (based) player.”

Moses, who represented T&T at youth and Under-23 levels before making the senior team debut in 2012, played his last North East Stars match in December and will not be used this month, as Eve prepares to do without the talented defender.

However, Moses has been training regularly with the Sangre Grande club and will continue doing so until his move in February to maintain his physical fitness level.

“We are hoping that once he plays in that league (NASL) and get that sort of exposure; teams in the MLS would look at him and hopefully want to sign him,” said Eve. “We tend to try and be specific where we send players, unlike a lot of other teams who send a lot of players on trials and they come back because they don’t get through [something Eve believes can negatively affect the player,s CV],” said the former T&T U23 head coach and ex-T&T international.

“We had Sheldon Bateau (Belgium/KV Mechelen) out (in 2012) and Cornell Glen (India/ Shillong Lajong FC) out (in 2013) and we try to send the older players to those Asian countries, and send the younger players to North America and hopefully Europe.

We deal specifically that way, so that when we send a player, he is not just bouncing around from trial to trial to trial but going to specific places for specific reasons.”

Earlier this month, Stars forward Anthony Wolfe joined India’s reigning I-League champions Churchill Brothers SC for the remainder of the 2013-2014 season, following a successful trial. Wolfe, 30, is now the third T&T 2006 World Cup player to ever play in India after Cyd Gray (Pune FC—2008) and Densill Theobald (Dempo FC—2011-2012).

Eve signed San Juan Jabloteh forward Lemuel Lyons during the December/January transfer window as a quick replacement for Wolfe, but is yet to fill the void being left by Moses. “It’s a massive loss for us and that’s why I’m looking for a stopper now,” said the North East Stars coach.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 04:10:18 PM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Moses set to join Canada’s FC Edmonton.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:49:06 AM »
Good news for Moses. 
Thank God for a breath of morale boosting fresh air in T&T football.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Edmonton call up Kareem Moses
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 08:00:34 AM »
Edmonton call up Kareem Moses
T&T Express

Trinidad and Tobago and North East Stars central defender Kareem Moses is set to pick up a one-year contract with North American Soccer League (NASL) club FC Edmonton for the 2014 season.

“He (Moses) has signed for one year,” confirmed Stars head coach Angus Eve. “And once they (Edmonton) like what they see in the season, they would sign him further.”

The NASL is the second tier in US soccer behind Major League Soccer (MLS) and in front of the United Soccer League Professional Division (USL Pro). FC Edmonton are only heading into their fourth season of professional football when the season kicks off in April.

Moses, 23, will jet off to Canada in early February.

“It is every player’s dream to play abroad … to see other places and make your family proud. So I’m really excited,” he said. “It’s a great step coming from the Pro League and going to the next level, which will help me develop my skills and level of thinking towards reaching the highest level of the game. That’s most important to me, and I’m also hoping that his move might even help me get a recall to the national team, being an international (based) player.”

Moses, who represented T&T at youth and Under-23 levels before making his senior team debut in 2012, played his last North East Stars match in December and will not be used this month, as Eve prepares to do without the defender.

However Moses has been training regularly with the Sangre Grande club and will continue doing so until his move in February.

Moses has also received a bit of guidance from T&T centre back Carlyle Mitchell, who served Edmonton on loan from MLS outfit Vancouver Whitecaps FC in 2013.

“He (Mitchell) told me a bit on how the team trains and what the coaches there would like,” said Moses.

“He told me a bit about the players and the system of play. He also talked about the cold weather conditions. He said it is going to be tough at the start, but once I have the right mindset, it will be comfortable after a while.”

Eve added: “We are hoping that once he plays in that league (NASL) and get that sort of exposure; teams in the MLS would look at him and hopefully want to sign him.”

Moses set to join Canada’s FC Edmonton
T&T Newsday

TRINIDAD AND Tobago and North East Stars central defender Kareem Moses is set to pick up a one-year contract with North American Soccer League (NASL) club FC Edmonton for the 2014 season.

“He (Moses) has signed for one year,” confirmed Stars coach Angus Eve. “…and once they (Edmonton) like what they see in the season, they would sign him further.”

The NASL is the second tier of the US soccer pyramid, behind the Major League Soccer (MLS) and in front of the United Soccer League Professional Division (USL Pro), while FC Edmonton are only heading into their fourth season of professional football when the season kicks off in April. Moses, 23, who will jet off to Canada in early February, said, “it is every player’s dream to play abroad … to see other places and make your family proud. So I’m really excited.

“It’s a great step coming from the Pro League and going to the next level, which will help me develop my skills and level of thinking towards reaching the highest level of the game. That’s most important to me, and I’m also hoping that this move might even help me get a recall to the national team, being an international (based) player.”

Moses, who represented TT at youth and Under-23 levels before making the international debut in 2012, played his last North East Stars match in December and will not be used this month, as Eve prepares to do without the talented defender. However Moses has been training regularly with the Sangre Grande club and will continue doing so until his move in February. “We are hoping that once he plays in that league (NASL) and get that sort of exposure; teams in the MLS would look at him and hopefully want to sign him,” added Eve.

“We tend to try and be specific where we send players, unlike a lot of other teams who send a lot of players on trials and they come back because they don’t get through (something Eve believes can negatively affect the players’ CV).

The former national midfielder and captain, and TT Under-23 coach, added, “we had Sheldon Bateau (KV Mechelen in Belgium) out (in 2012) and Cornell Glen (Shillong Lajong FC in India) out (in 2013). We try to send the older players to those Asian countries, and we try to send the younger players to North America and hopefully Europe. We deal specifically that way, so that when we send a player, he is not just bouncing around from trial to trial to trial. We send them to specific places for specific reasons.” Earlier this month, Stars forward Anthony Wolfe joined India’s reigning I-League champions Churchill Brothers SC for the remainder of the 2013/2014 season, following a successful trial.

Wolfe, 30, is now the third TT 2006 World Cup player to ever play in India after Cyd Gray (Pune FC in 2008) and Densill Theobald (Dempo FC from 2011-2012).

Eve signed San Juan Jabloteh forward Lemuel Lyons during the December/January transfer window as a quick replacement for Wolfe, but is yet to fill the void being left by Moses.

“It’s a massive loss for us and that’s why I’m looking for a stopper now,” said the North East Stars coach. “We have replaced Anthony Wolfe. But we don’t have a quick centre back. We have two that are very sturdy and very strong in tackles, but we don’t have that player that gives you that yard of pace that could recover. That’s where we are probably lacking.”

Meanwhile Moses is looking at all the positives he can gain from Edmonton. “Hopefully when I go there (Edmonton) and do well, I can encourage the team and other teams in the league to come to Trinidad see other players,” said the former Joe Public and St Ann’s Rangers footballer.

Edmonton football club is coached by Scotland-born Canadian, Collin Miller, who formerly coached Canada, after the firing of present TT-coach Stephen Hart.

Moses has also received a bit of guidance from TT centre back Carlyle Mitchell, who served Edmonton on loan from MLS outfit Vancouver Whitecaps FC in 2013.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:20:25 AM by Tiresais »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Edmonton call up Kareem Moses
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 08:21:31 AM »

“We tend to try and be specific where we send players, unlike a lot of other teams who send a lot of players on trials and they come back because they don’t get through (something Eve believes can negatively affect the players’ CV).

The former national midfielder and captain, and TT Under-23 coach, added, “we had Sheldon Bateau (KV Mechelen in Belgium) out (in 2012) and Cornell Glen (Shillong Lajong FC in India) out (in 2013). We try to send the older players to those Asian countries, and we try to send the younger players to North America and hopefully Europe. We deal specifically that way, so that when we send a player, he is not just bouncing around from trial to trial to trial. We send them to specific places for specific reasons.” Earlier this month, Stars forward Anthony Wolfe joined India’s reigning I-League champions Churchill Brothers SC for the remainder of the 2013/2014 season, following a successful trial.

Is Eve side-swiping Williams Connection here?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kareem Moses joins Edmonton's roster
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »
Kareem Moses joins Edmonton's roster
fcedmonton.com

FC Edmonton announce today the signing of defender Kareem Moses. Moses comes to FC Edmonton on a player transfer and as per club policy, contract details are not disclosed.

Moses transferred to FC Edmonton from North East Stars F.C. in Trinidad & Tobago and will complete the Eddies search for defenders heading into the 2014 North American Soccer league (NASL) season.

“I worked very closely with Stephen Hart to track down Kareem,” said Colin Miller, FC Edmonton’s head coach. “I flew to Trinidad to watch Kareem play and was very impressed with what I saw and how he acted. I think Kareem adds to what we believe will be another real quality signing for FC Edmonton and one that the community will embrace.”

Moses, a 23 year-old defender from Morvant Trinidad & Tobago, was announced exclusively as the next Eddie at Soca Sweetness Live - Customer Appreciation Fete, a party hosted by the local Trinidad & Tobago community in Edmonton on Saturday, January 18.

“On behalf of the Trinidad and Tobago cultural association of Edmonton, we would like to welcome Kareem to FC Edmonton,” said Derrick Tayloo, president of the TNT society of Edmonton. “We wish him all the best on his new journey and adventure in Edmonton.”

Moses is the sixth signing that FC Edmonton has announced for the 2014 season.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 04:45:22 PM »
The best news here is that Stephen Hart is using his contacts to further Trini players. Was hoping for some of those connections.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 06:22:24 AM »
Kareem Moses is a solid center back, he was one of our better defenders on de last Olympic team.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kareem Moses Thread
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 04:10:42 PM »
WATCH Kareem Moses being interviewed by his #1 fan, Niyah Steman

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tkaY-jTV0OU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tkaY-jTV0OU</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Emerging Star | FC Edmonton defender Kareem Moses
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 09:50:38 AM »
Emerging Star | FC Edmonton defender Kareem Moses
By Matthew Levine (nasl.com)

FC Edmonton's Kareem Moses is cementing his place in the back line and is eyeing a return to the Trinidad and Tobago National Team

Kareem Moses traded in the Caribbean weather in his native Trinidad and Tobago for quite the opposite when he joined FC Edmonton from North East Stars in 2014.

The adaptation to life in Canada also presented a positional switch. The center back was moved to a left outside back position.

“When I came it was as a center back. Before last Fall Season started, coach [Colin Miller] said he’d like to try me at left back,” Moses told NASL.com. “It was a new position, so I had a rough start, but after I played two or three games I got comfortable.”

Moses was able to get a run of matches in the position after Lance Laing was switched to an outside midfield role. Starting out the 2015 Spring Season, Johann Smith started the opening match in that role. Moses, however, would enter that match at halftime and hasn’t looked back.

“From there I said, ‘This is my opportunity, and I’m going to take it,’” Moses said.

Smith’s presence within the squad has spurred on Moses, though. Knowing there is competition, the Trinidadian defender knows he always has to be at his best.

“When Johann was brought in, I knew it was competition because last season I was the only one playing at left back,” Moses said. “When he came in, I told myself that I have to work harder and do more and make him work for it, so that even if he gets the spot I would be pleased with myself.

“As the games have gone on, I think this is my spot. I’m doing a good job, and I want to continue to keep doing it.”

And playing behind Laing, who has played primarily as a defender in the past until recently, has helped Moses tremendously.

“He helps me a lot,” Moses said of his teammate. “Knowing that he is in front of me I know that I have a good attacking player. I just give the ball to him and let him do his magic.

“Knowing that you have a player of that caliber, all you have to do is put him in the space or put the ball to his feet and stand there and be amazed at what he can do. He makes my job so much easier.”

Moses continues to grow in his role as a fullback, as he looks to re-gain a place within the Trinidad and Tobago National Team setup. And it’s his continued growth and versatility that could help the 25-year-old reach the international stage once more.

“I’m hoping that Stephen Hart (coach of Trinidad and Tobago) can see that I’m a utility player when it comes to the back – I can play left, right, or as a center back – and it opens up avenues for me to get back to the national team.”

For now, he is solely focused on his time with the Eddies and hoping to continue to build off of his strong form in the Spring Season.

“My goal this season is to play an important part when it comes to the back line and to do whatever the coach wants me to do to the best of my ability,” he said. “I hope I can help my team win games and get to the playoffs at the end of the season. I just want to fight and see us win trophies.”

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 02:43:06 PM »
maybe a good backup for Jones,Hoyte, Cyrus, David,  and replacement for Bakr. btw how Power doing ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 09:03:01 PM »
WATCH Kareem Moses score his first goal of the season to give FC Edmonton a 4-1 win over Atlanta Silverbacks.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mXop_-G0ngk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mXop_-G0ngk</a>

Offline Soccerpro

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 10:36:06 PM »
Kareem was a very poor CB with Edmonton initially. However, he's played really well since being moved to LB. He doesn't get beat 1v1 and can be useful on set plays.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FC Edmonton’s Kareem Moses is building a special connection with supporters
By Matthew Levine (NASL.com
)

When the final whistle blows at Clarke Field, there is only one place FC Edmonton defender Kareem Moses can be found. After each and every home match – whether it’s a win or loss for the Eddies – the defender from Trinidad and Tobago who is in his second year with the club, heads toward the Edmonton Supporters Group.

Moses knows the importance of that connection, between player and fan, and the impact it can have on the field, even when the game isn’t going the Eddies’ way.

“That’s what soccer is about,” Moses told NASL.com. “It’s a passionate sport and just knowing that when you’re having a bad day or you’re down, there’s people that support you is a great feeling.

“Words cannot explain it when you look into the stands when things may not be going your way and they’re chanting your name and still believe in you. It gives you something to say, ‘Maybe it’s not my day, but I have to do it for these people.’ ”

The bond he has formed with the Clarke Field faithful continues to grow, and the effort to interact and build a relationship with supporters' groups is something Moses has tried to do throughout his career.

“It’s something that I always loved,” he said. “It’s something that I always looked at, even when I watch soccer – win, lose, or draw they’re getting support from the supporters. It’s something I love doing, I love seeing the smiles on the supporters’ faces. They could be doing anything else, but they decided to come out and give us support, so I show them some love. It’s something I’ve always enjoyed doing.”

So it was only fitting that there would be only one suitable way to celebrate when Moses scored against the Atlanta Silverbacks in a 4-2 win in the Spring Season.

“When I scored, I had to go to them,” he said. “I just had to jump into the stands and feel the atmosphere.”

As much as the 25-year-old appreciates the support coming from the home crowd, they’ve enjoyed the time he takes to go over to wave or to chant or, at the end of the recent 3-0 win against the Carolina RailHawks, wave a flag and pump his fists.

“I think they look forward to it after the whistle,” Moses said. “They look for me and start chanting my name and I come over. Now, I’m having other guys come over and do it.”

He added: “They introduced the flag, and they have a dance. They have a dance for me – I don’t know who made it up – but they have a dance for me. I love going to Section 107 and chanting with them.”

The Eddies have won their last two matches at home and five of eight overall in 2015 with two draws and three losses. Visiting Clarke Field has never been an easy task, and Moses believes it’s because of the support.

“I think those fans have a lot to do with our form at home,” said Moses, who has noticed a bigger soccer culture growing in the city.

“Edmonton is changing a lot in the city and getting more fans encourages us to come out and give them something – a victory, goals, and good plays,” he said. “We just want to entertain them to change soccer within Canada and Edmonton. Knowing these guys come out every Wednesday or Sunday motivates us more, so they have an important part to play.”

And Moses will continue to give back to that support by meeting, chanting, and even dancing with the supporters after each and every home match.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 12:33:43 PM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carolina Railhawks sign Trinidad and Tobago international Kareem Moses
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 12:54:29 PM »
Carolina Railhawks sign Trinidad and Tobago international Kareem Moses
carolinarailhawks.com

A busy week for the Carolina RailHawks continues with the signing of Trinidad and Tobago international Kareem Moses, pending USSF and ITC approval.

“Kareem is a very experienced defender, someone who always did well when we played against him, so we are very happy to have him join the team next season,” said RailHawks Head Coach Colin Clarke. “Kareem is a hard-nosed, athletic, and aggressive defender that will help our backline gain even more stability.” 

Moses, 25, joins the RailHawks after playing for two successful seasons with FC Edmonton, where he scored two goals in 47 games and clocked over 4,000 minutes.

Moses brings international experience to the RailHawks. The native of Port of Spain has logged nearly 700 minutes with the Trinidad and Tobago senior National Team since he debuted in 2012 in a friendly against Canada. The Trinidadian also represented his country at the U-23 level, playing for the side in six matches.

Moses signed his first professional contract in 2009 with Joe Public FC from Trinidad and Tobago, where he played for two seasons before transferring to Superstar Rangers. After his contract ended, Moses went to play with North East Stars FC where he helped the team to a cup title and reached three other cup finals.

“I feel overwhelmed to become part of this great team. I heard great things about the RailHawks and the Triangle area. After speaking with Colin Clarke and some players I knew this was the right choice,” said Kareem Moses. “I can't wait to start on this new journey. I look forward to working with the staff and my new teammates.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Moses eyes national team pick
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2015, 10:04:39 AM »
Moses eyes national team pick
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA)

Former national under 23 defender Kareem Moses is just one of many players eyeing selection on the national senior men’s team for what promises to be an intense and action packed 2016 calendar.

The 25-year-old signed a new contract with Carolina Railhawks in the North American Soccer League a few weeks ago after spending a season with FC Edmonton where he made 47 appearances. Moses has played six games for the T&T senior team and now hopes he can force his way back into the national team set up.

“Of course I want to make it back onto the national team. That is my main goal for 2016,” Moses said last week.

On his new move, he added: “The style of football they play at Carolina suits me well and they have a really good organisation. They approached me after playing against them and told me they were interested. We kept in contact and everything just fell into place from there.”

“The league’s standard is high, fast, physical and every game is played like a final,” he noted.

He described his goalscoring performance in a 4-0 win over Atlanta Silverbacks in May as the highlight of his season.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kareem Moses called up for Trinidad and Tobago World Cup Qualifiers
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 01:42:27 PM »
Kareem Moses called up for Trinidad and Tobago World Cup Qualifiers
northcarolinafc.com

North Carolina FC defender Kareem Moses has been called up to the Trinidad and Tobago National Team for a pair of FIFA World Cup Qualifiers. The two matches will mark the last qualifiers in the final round of CONCACAF qualifying known as ‘The Hexagonal’.

Trinidad and Tobago will face Mexico on Oct. 6 at 9:30 p.m. ET at Estadio Alfonso Lastras in Mexico before concluding the 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign against the United States on Oct. 10 at 8 p.m. ET at Ato Boldon Stadium in Trinidad and Tobago.

“It’s an absolute honor to represent my country and I'm truly blessed to be given this opportunity,” said Moses. “It is always a privilege to wear the red, white and black and I hope to add quality to the squad with the work I've been putting in here with North Carolina FC.”

Moses is receiving his first national team call up since 2013 when he appeared in friendlies against Estonia and Peru. Overall, Moses has made 13 appearances and logged 694 minutes, including helping the Soca Warriors to a runner-up finish at the 2012 Caribbean Cup.

This season, Moses has played in 16 matches and 988 minutes of NASL play with NCFC. The defender has recently stepped into a starting role and has been selected to NASL Team of the Week twice in the last four weeks.

RELATED NEWS

Moses summoned to Mexico after increased Alvin suspension; mix-up leaves Warriors shorthanded.
Wired868.com

Lower league United States-based defender Kareem Moses earned a surprise recall to the Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team today after coach Dennis Lawrence found himself shorthanded at the back, just two days before the Soca Warriors face Mexico in 2018 World Cup qualifying action at the Estadio Alfonso Lastras in San Luis Potosi.

Moses, who is 27, has not represented Trinidad and Tobago in four years while his senior international career to date consists of one start and six substitute appearances—four of the outings were in friendly matches.

At present, Moses is employed by North Carolina FC in the North American Soccer League (NASL).

Lawrence, according to TTFA Media Consultant Wayne Cunningham, felt it necessary to summon Moses after “an untimely blow” from FIFA with the extended suspension of defender Alvin Jones, who received a straight red card during last month’s 2-1 qualifying loss to Honduras at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

The FIFA disciplinary committee, according to the TTFA release met on the issue of Jones’ suspension on 28 September. Yet the Warriors still travelled to Mexico unaware of the matter since—again according to Cunningham—team manager Richard Piper was unable to get confirmation before they left Trinidad on Monday 1 October.

“This has compounded an already dicey situation for the T&T Coach,” stated the TTFA release, “with players recovering following the weakening effect of a virus plus the day to day monitoring of defender Mekeil Williams already on his plate.

“With these factors in mind and after some deliberation, the coaching staff opted to call in former North East Stars defender Kareem Moses into the squad.”

If Williams does not recover in time, Lawrence could find himself with just six available defenders on Friday of whom only three—Daneil Cyrus, Curtis Gonzales and Kevon Villaroel—have playing experience at this level.

If, as suggested, Lawrence prepared for Friday’s contest with Jones rehearsing for the right back role, then the fresh start promised for the upcoming qualifiers seem to be haunted by some of the same managerial issues as the unsuccessful campaign he is trying to consign to memory.

Jones was the only natural right back in Lawrence’s 23-man squad although Williams, Cyrus and Gonzales have all played there before.

Notably, Moses’ inclusion saw him elevated over not only Carlyle Mitchell and Radanfah Abu Bakr but also the North East Stars pair of Yohance Marshall and Julius James.

The 31-year-old Marshall won 10 caps under former coach Stephen Hart and scored a memorable equaliser against Mexico in a 4-4 draw at the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup while he also played for 90 minutes in a 3-0 friendly loss to Argentina in 2014. He also played professionally in the Mexico second division between 2015 and 2017.

Last week, North East Stars coach Derek King complained that National Senior Team assistant coach Stern John taunted his players during a Pro League contest and told them they were not good enough to represent their country. Lawrence promised to investigate.

(Trinidad and Tobago team)

Goalkeepers: Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Greg Ranjitsingh (Louisville City FC—USA), Glenroy Samuel (Morvant Caledonia Utd);

Defenders: Mekeil Williams (Colorado Rapids—USA), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Kareem Moses (North Carolina FC—USA), Daneil Cyrus (Juticalpa FC—Honduras), Triston Hodge (W Connection), Kevon Villaroel (North East Stars), Josiah Trimmingham (Club Sando);

Midfielders: Leston Paul (CD Pasaquina—El Salvador), Khaleem Hyland (Al-Faisaly Harmah—Saudi Arabia), Kevan George (Jacksonville Armada—USA), Jared London (Club Sando);

Attacking midfielders: Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders—USA), Kevin Molino (Minnesota United—USA), Nathan Lewis (San Juan Jabloteh), Neil Benjamin (W Connection), Kathon St Hillaire (St Ann’s Rangers), Levi Garcia (AZ Alkmaar—Netherlands);

Forwards: Shahdon Winchester (Murciélagos FC—Mexico), Trevin Caesar (Sacramento Republic—USA), Akeem Roach (CD Vida—Honduras).

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 05:01:51 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 12:03:03 PM »
WATCH: 2017 Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago and North Carolina FC defender Kareem Moses

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RNYphkhCjQE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RNYphkhCjQE</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 11:56:53 AM »
Kareem Moses has signed with FF Jaro until the end of the season.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 03:36:12 PM »
The life of a journey-man pro ball player.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kareem Moses: Chase your dreams and keep believing
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2018, 07:39:35 PM »
Kareem Moses: Chase your dreams and keep believing
Fight for the Fatherless

Kareem Moses is a Professional International footballer who plays for Trinidad and Tobago as a right back. He made his debut in 2012 against Canada after earlier that year having played in the U23's in the London Olympic qualifying campaign, narrowly missing out on qualification with Mexico and Honduras winning through. Kareem's two biggest International matches to date were the World cup qualifiers against the USA and Mexico in 2017. Domestically he played most of his career in the North American leagues with FC Edmonton and North Carolina FC. He is currently playing for FF Jaro in the Finnish league whom he signed for in 2018.

Kareem told us his first memory of playing football, was of seeing his father play at around 4 years old. From that day he began kicking a ball around with the hope of emulating him. That was one of the few memories he had of his Father, as he said he grew up with his Mother and Grandmother, with his Father not around. He told us he grew up in very difficult circumstances, growing up with 6 brothers and sisters who all lived in one room. Many times they lived not knowing where the money would come form for food and at times Kareem would go hungry, so his younger siblings could eat but even in the midst of that, his family always had faith in God, loved praying, going to church and were happy.

At around 7, Kareem's Physical education teacher, Arnold Pierre, took on the role of a Father figure and they became very close. Kareem was determined to follow his passion and once Arnold realised this, he supported him all the way. Even to the point, that when Kareem was 12 and Arnold was offered a job coaching with a professional club, he refused to take the job unless they agreed to take a look at Kareem as part of the deal.

Things progressed from there and Kareem moved onto a bigger Professional club at 16 but still playing without payment and a contract, having left home, he was still living in poverty. He became involved with others in a similar position, often stealing things after practice including food and eventually taking a step back from football and his dream. Kareem recalled " I had to choose, I said to myself, You're either gonna be a footballer and starve or you're gonna survive." Kareem said he knew in his heart the decision was wrong and one day his choice led to him being faced down by a security guard and just like in a gangster movie, staring down the barrel of a gun.

Kareem remembers the gun going off, seeing a blue flash but miraculously not being hit and escaping with his life. He said "That was my wake up call. I looked at that, as God gave me a second chance. He gave me a talent and I'm going to use it and give football an honest shot. I'd been told before that "God without Man is still God but Man without God is nothing" and from then on that stuck with me. I knew my life had to change and my focus had to be on God and football as a way out of poverty."

Kareem believes he's learnt valuable lessons in his life and felt the most relevant message he could share from them in closing was this" I hope my story reaches out and grabs some one who is going through what I went through as a kid. I want you all to know, even if it's a long shot, chase your dreams and whatever bad things have happened in your life, use it as fuel and add it to the fire, that will give you the motivation. Finally know you can trust in God, so keep on believing.

Kareem is now looking forward to The Concacaf Gold cup next year for Trinidad which will determine the champions of North America, Central America and the Caribbean. He'll have a few friendlies leading up to that and domestically has ambitions to win the title in Finland and from there continue to go onto fulfill every ambition he has in football.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2018, 12:50:29 PM »
WATCH: Defender Kareem Moses scores his first goal for FF Jaro in a 3-1 loss to KPV

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ehuPdsKdR70?start=100" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ehuPdsKdR70?start=100</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2018, 06:47:08 PM »
WATCH: Defender Kareem Moses shows his attacking skills as he controls the ball with his chest, takes a touch with his right foot, and scores with his left foot during FF Jaro’s 3-0 win over Klubi 04. This is Kareem’s third goal of the season.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8Exb-8IGYYQ?start=52" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8Exb-8IGYYQ?start=52</a>

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2018, 09:29:54 AM »
Nice finish KM!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kareem Moses excited to dance at Clarke once again
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2019, 03:03:48 PM »
Kareem Moses excited to dance at Clarke once again
By Greyson Knutson (fcedmonton.canpl.ca)

Kareem Moses certainly endeared himself to the fans at Clarke Stadium during his first stint with FC Edmonton thanks to his celebratory post-game dances, but it was the city which left a giant impression on him.

“It’s an emotional question,” said Moses, when asked what it meant to come back and play for FC Edmonton. “Edmonton means everything to me.”

“I just don’t love the city; I am in love with it. Sometimes, when people ask where I’m from, I still say ‘Edmonton.’”

The defender was a member of the Eddies in 2014 and 2015 – his first football experience outside of his native Trinidad and Tobago. Moses made 53 appearances in all competitions, scoring twice.

“I learned everything I needed to know about North America from the club and the city,” said Moses.

After a stint with North Carolina FC, Moses headed to Europe for the first time, playing for FF Jaro in the Finnish second division, where he scored three goals in 23 appearances.

“My experiences in Finland were really eye-opening,” Moses claimed. “To be able to get a taste of the European style was amazing, and I enjoyed every minute of it.”

Moses says he and FC Edmonton Head Coach and Director of Soccer Operations Jeff Paulus stayed in touch following his departure from the club, with the player occasionally seeking advice from his former coach. When Paulus reached out following the re-launch of FC Edmonton, Moses said he didn’t even think twice about returning.

“I told him I wasn’t sure about my plans for 2019, but I wanted to be closer to friends and family,” recalled Moses of their conversation. “Jeff asked if I wanted to come back and play with FC Edmonton, and I said ‘where do I sign?’”

A little older and a little wiser this time around, Moses will be looked upon as a leader in his second stint with the Eddies. It’s a role the 28-year-old relishes.

“I love sharing my knowledge with younger players, whether it’s after a practice or during games,” explained Moses. “I am a very vocal player, I love to organize and I ask a lot of my teammates.”

“He’s a veteran player who is a great locker room guy, and we want to get our chemistry right,” Paulus said. “Every single player that has been brought into this program has been brought in with that in mind.”

While still in Trinidad, Moses is anticipating his return to Edmonton ahead of training camp in March, adding he’d like to make the Alberta capital his forever home.

“I’m looking forward to reconnecting with the fans, building more relationships, and bringing a championship home to my city,” said Moses.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kareem Moses signs with Finland's Vaasan Palloseura
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2021, 03:56:07 PM »
Kareem Moses signs with Finland's Vaasan Palloseura
vepsu.fi

Vaasan Palloseura has signed Trinidad and Tobago defender Kareem Moses to a one year contract with an option for the following season.

The 31-year-old defender arrives in Vaasa from Canadian Premier League club FC Edmonton, where he played for four seasons in two separate stints.

Internationally, Kareem Moses has represented his native Trinidad and Tobago on eight occasions.

Head coach Jukka Karjalainen is satisfied with his new acquisition and says "We are very pleased to have Kareem here. Kareem is a very versatile defender, and in good physical condition."

Player Information

Name: Kareem Moses

Date of Birth: 02/11/1990

Position: Defender

Height: 185 cm

Previous clubs: Joe Public FC, Rangers, FC Edmonton, Ma Pau Stars, Carolina RailHawks, FF Jaro

VPS will start in the Finnish Cup next Saturday as a guest of KPV.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kVoXGdCzA1g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kVoXGdCzA1g</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5P0p101112c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5P0p101112c</a>
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 04:20:30 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2021, 08:29:29 AM »
WATCH: Kareem Moses header rounds off Vaasan Palloseura's 2-0 win over his former club, FF Jaro. It is Kareem's first goal of the season. Check out his celebration.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8nk3xU638Hc?start=197" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8nk3xU638Hc?start=197</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2021, 06:36:25 AM »
WATCH: Kareem Moses scores from close range during Vaasan Palloseura's 3-2 loss to Rovaniemen Palloseura.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Q8h41HfIsL0?start=141" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Q8h41HfIsL0?start=141</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2021, 07:16:54 AM »
Defender Kareem Moses and Vaasan Palloseura have captured the Ykkönen Championship and earned promotion to the Veikkausliiga (Finnish Premier League). This came after a resounding 4-1 victory over IF Gnistan.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2021, 08:13:48 PM »
WATCH: Kareem Moses - 2021 Season Highlights

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WDcLZIwY1g4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WDcLZIwY1g4</a>

1]; } ?>