March 28, 2024, 12:59:05 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Argentina Game (4-Jun-2014)  (Read 75973 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Argentina Game (4-Jun-2014)
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2014, 02:02:38 AM »
Everything to gain playing Argentina and Iran - Hart.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

With National Senior Team head coach Stephen Hart set to announce his squad to face Argentina this week, the man in charge of the Senior “Soca Warriors” says this country has everything to gain from playing the two-time World Cup champions mere days before the 2014 World Cup kicks off in Brazil.

Hart has explored the various options with   his pool of players in order to get the best available squad for the June 4th friendly at the Estadio Monumental in Buenos Aires which will be followed by another friendly against World Cup finalists Iran in Sao Paolo on June 8th.

These outings are being supported by the Ministry of Sport and the Ministry of Tourism. T&T are also preparing for the Caribbean Cup and Gold Cup and Copa America Qualification later this year.

He described the matchup with Lionel Messi’s men as a “PhD in the approach to the game of football”.

“We know how much work it’s going to take for us as a nation to get to that standard of world football,” Hart said.

“You cannot run 10.3 in a hundred metres on one occasion and then expect on race day to suddenly run 9.6. And it is important that we play games like these for a number for reasons. We have nothing to lose. We are going to play two teams that will be thoroughly prepared for a World Cup, one of them arguably being a favourite to win it,” Hart added.

“Playing Argentina in Argentina is going to be a PhD in the approach to the game at that level.

“If the scoreline is not anything we’d want to see, I still don’t thing it’s a setback. Any realistic football fan will like to see a spirited performance from our team and that’s what will be pleasing for us.

We haven’t play an international game in eight months but matches like these you cannot stay away from. I prefer to look at the positive side of this. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain,” Hart stated.

One player who will make his first entry in to the T&T squad is 23-year-old English-born defender Gavin Hoyte who is a product of the Arsenal academy. He is the younger brother of current senior team defender Justin Hoyte.

Hoyte (G) spent five years at Arsenal, coming up through the ranks and made one appearance for the first team. He also played for Watford, Brighton, Wimbledon and Lincoln City. He is currently attached to Dagenham and Redbridge. Hoyte also played for the England national Under 17, U-18, U-19 and U-20 teams.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2014, 12:40:29 PM »
purely based on reports and friendly references..and old non current performances.. I never even see some fellas ah pick play..pure hearsay, some might say heresy.  :devil:

Williams, Phillips
Power,Cyrus,Primus,G Hoyte, David, Bateau,George
Jones, Molino, Peltier,Jagdeosingh, Hector, Boucard,Hyland
Jorsling, Roberts, Glen, Joseph, Jones, Plaza and finally Mollon  ;D

Allyuh doh wait for Hart to pick and then play allyuh cussin bout who get left out,ya'kno....Only who pick before allowed to cuss   ;)

add: the system i playing, based on the fellas i pick performance in training
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 12:42:14 PM by maxg »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2014, 01:06:23 PM »
Where Joevin does play in Pro League? Left back or midfield?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2014, 01:50:59 PM »

He mostly plays left wing for W Connection, but he has played frequently at left back for teh NT

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2014, 02:02:31 PM »
purely based on reports and friendly references..and old non current performances.. I never even see some fellas ah pick play..pure hearsay, some might say heresy.  :devil:

Williams, Phillips

Allyuh doh wait for Hart to pick and then play allyuh cussin bout who get left out,ya'kno....Only who pick before allowed to cuss   ;)

Mine - I like a 4-5-1/4-3-3 system myself;

Williams

J.Hoyte     Marshall (biased lol)    Bateau      Joevin Jones

Hyland

Boucaud     Guerra

Molino                                           Peltier

Kenwyne Jones

Subs;
Phillips
Cyrus
Abu Bakr
George
???? (not sure, attacking midfielder?)
Joseph
Jorsling

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2014, 02:09:29 PM »

Williams, Phillips

Williams

Hyland

Boucaud     Guerra

Kenwyne Jones

Subs;
Phillips
Cyrus
Abu Bakr
George
Joseph
Jorsling
The player missing from this squad is Rundel Winchester

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2014, 02:30:37 PM »

As a mobile #10 similar to David Silva.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2014, 02:45:51 PM »

Williams, Phillips

Williams

Hyland

Boucaud     Guerra

Kenwyne Jones

Subs;
Phillips
Cyrus
Abu Bakr
George
Joseph
Jorsling
The player missing from this squad is Rundel Winchester

Really wanted Winchester - could probably go ahead of Jorsling, but it was a toss-up. Winchester for 2018, Jorsling for now... Yea v tough to pick between them

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2014, 03:35:20 PM »
Rastaman chattin he not picking... after the weekend we will compile and discuss..btw Winchester 15th on the goal scoring stats, maybe he have plenty assist ? Then would he have more assist than our current midfielders and battle defensively as well as them too ?

oooppss: ah forget...no talk yet

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2014, 03:39:31 PM »
Rastaman chattin he not picking... after the weekend we will compile and discuss..btw Winchester 15th on the goal scoring stats, maybe he have plenty assist ? Then would he have more assist than our current midfielders and battle defensively as well as them too ?

Lol. He has 13 goals in all competitions including the winners in two cup finals. Also has 7 league assists and does track back

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2014, 04:03:30 PM »

Lol. He has 13 goals in all competitions including the winners in two cup finals. Also has 7 league assists and does track back
ah see yuh pics
:D  u bias..I at a disadvantage, but strong stats noted.
Tell me bout Joseph, Belgrave, Jorsling, even the next rifle-kid (Shadon), KB, Marcano even
yuh cyah say these fellas didn't score anymore or doh track back. You see them all i bet
While we at it, i don't really want meh striker tracking back to much eh.
1 Marcus Joseph Point Fortin Civic FC 15
2 Joevin Martin Jones W Connection FC 14   Trevin Caesar North East Stars 14
4 Willis Plaza Central FC 12
5 Josimar Belgrave Defence Force 11
6 Devorn Jorsling Defence Force 10
7 Jason Marcano Central FC  9
8 Kerry Baptiste San Juan Jabloteh  8
9 Densill Theobald Caledonia AIA  7
   Jerwyn Balthazar  Defence Force  7
11 Elijah Belgrave Police FC  6
    Keyon Edwards Caledonia AIA  6
    Jameel Perry Police FC  6
14 Kerry Joseph Defence Force  5
    Rundell Winchester Central FC 5

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2014, 05:03:36 PM »

ah see yuh pics
:D  u bias..I at a disadvantage, but strong stats noted.
Tell me bout Joseph, Belgrave, Jorsling, even the next rifle-kid (Shadon), KB, Marcano even
yuh cyah say these fellas didn't score anymore or doh track back. You see them all i bet
While we at it, i don't really want meh striker tracking back to much eh.
1 Marcus Joseph Point Fortin Civic FC 15
2 Joevin Martin Jones W Connection FC 14   Trevin Caesar North East Stars 14
4 Willis Plaza Central FC 12
5 Josimar Belgrave Defence Force 11
6 Devorn Jorsling Defence Force 10
7 Jason Marcano Central FC  9
8 Kerry Baptiste San Juan Jabloteh  8
9 Densill Theobald Caledonia AIA  7
   Jerwyn Balthazar  Defence Force  7
11 Elijah Belgrave Police FC  6
    Keyon Edwards Caledonia AIA  6
    Jameel Perry Police FC  6
14 Kerry Joseph Defence Force  5
    Rundell Winchester Central FC 5

Really and truly the only out and out strikers in the squad are Kenwyne and Plaza....to an extent Caesar as well. Rundell Winchester and Joseph play best on the wings. Jorsling is still class but has not played for the NT in a while and wasn't expected to be called. Belgrave has had a very good season with his best position being just off of the striker. He is good but not good enough to usurp our attacking midfielders like Molino, Joevin, Guerra, etc. Marcano has also been consistent but falls into the same category as Belgrave. The bulk of KB's goals came in the first 2-3 months of the season. Nothing really of note since then. I was surprised Shadon wasn't selected though.

The attacking players chosen were selected because they bring different qualities to the team I think. Plaza (easily 1 of  top 3 players in the Pro League), Caesar (raw pace with great shot from either foot), Rundell (great pace, athleticism, height, eye for the spectacular), Joseph (rocket of a left foot, decent movement). Peltier and Molino are automatic picks
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 05:08:32 PM by amielisadore »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2014, 06:44:15 PM »
Phillip
Cyrus
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Hoyte
Peltier
Guerra
Hyland(HM)
Boucard
Molino
Jones(C)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2014, 02:01:19 AM »
Molino, Hoyte thrilled ahead of Argentina friendly
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Currently making waves in the USL Pro League with Orlando City, midfielder Kevin Molino is counting down the days to this country’s friendly international against Argentina on June 4 in Buenos Aires.

Molino was in Stephen Hart’s 22-man squad named on Tuesday and expects the experience to be one in a lifetime.

“I was elated to find out I’ll be in the squad for the Argentina and Iran games. I’ve been working hard this season and been getting the results with my performances and seeing Orlando do well also,” Molino said.

“It’s going to be a massive challenge for us against Argentina but there is a lot that we can gain from playing Lionel Messi and his team and I’m sure everyone will be looking forward to it.”

English-born former Arsenal defender Gavin Hoyte also earned his first call up and is just as excited over the two matches.

“It’s a great opportunity for me to play for my country. I found out when the team’s head coach called me to tell me. I was in shock and very surprised and I can’t wait to go,” said Hoyte.

“It shows the effort I have put this season and I’ve played nearly every match, which was main objective this season. To be recognised for that is a great achievement.”

Hoyte was part of Arsenal's academy and played one game for their Premiership first team. He also represented England at the Under-17, 18, 19 and U-20 level.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2014, 02:02:44 AM »
‘Warriors’ begin preparations for Argentina.
T&T Express Reports.

English-based duo Andre Boucaud and Justin Hoyte were among the first set of overseas-based players joining the Trinidad and Tobago national team camp yesterday as head coach Stephen Hart started training at the Hasely Crawford Stadium ahead of the upcoming friendly international against Argentina.

Also joining the training is captain Kenwyne Jones while former England under 20 player Gavin Hoyte is scheduled to arrive from London late yesterday.

European-based trio Radanfah Abu Bakr, Khaleem Hyland and Lester Peltier along with Canada-based defender Carlyle Mitchell and Us-based Kevan George are all scheduled in later this week while Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino will join the team in Buenos Aires.

The other players present from the start of the training camp include goalkeepers Jan Michael Williams and Central FC teammates Willis Plaza, Yohance Marshall, Ataullah Guerra and Rundell Winchester.

Defence Force’s Curtis Gonzales, and W Connection midfielder Joevin Jones.

Marvin Phillip, Marcus Joseph, Trevin Caesar and Densill Theobald are all missing due to the schedule of Pro League matches on Tuesday.

Boucaud, coming off the English season with Notts County, said he was focused on the task ahead.

“It’s obviously two huge matches for us,” Boucaud said.

“And it’s important for us to come together at least a week before. We haven’t been together as a team since last November when we played Jamaica but I’m pretty sure all the boys are very eager to give their best in the training camp and to get everything in place for the game against Argentina,” he added.

“We as players always live for occasions like this. It’s going to be a mighty challenge for us because Argentina is Argentina so there’s no other incentive needed for you to be ready for this kind of game and then of course we have the second game against Iran which is also a quality side,” said the 29-year-old who has fifteen appearances for T&T.

“I’ve had a good season. I have a couple options with clubs that are interested in me at the moment but right now the focus is on international football and putting my best foot forward for Trinidad and Tobago. All the boys are set on that at the moment,” he added.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2014, 12:23:46 PM »
Sick! Go Warriors! Allyuh songin' hungry.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2014, 10:00:24 AM »
For those in the US, Bein Sports just flashed an ad for the game at the bottom of the screen for the game. So we will have TV coverage.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
SW.net Lime for T&T vs. Argentina Match in Toronto
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2014, 10:45:59 AM »
Ok fellahs, I will be organizing a lime in Mississauga for the Argentina Match. Someone just posted that it will be on BEin Sports, which also comes across in Canada, on Bell and Rogers...

The spot will either be at a residence or sports pub. I will check around today and get some spots. Worse comes to worse it will be at a residence.

If anyone is interested, keep checking this thread.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:47:34 AM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: SW.net Lime for T&T vs. Argentina Match in Toronto
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2014, 10:59:33 AM »
some interesting news, spoke to a guy who runs a pub that shows almost all football matches in brampton... he said that if Bein Sports is advertising to show it means they have exclusive rights. Which also means no commercial businesses have access to it in Canada, only households can subscribe to it currently.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2014, 11:04:06 AM »
For those in the US, Bein Sports just flashed an ad for the game at the bottom of the screen for the game. So we will have TV coverage.

in toronto bein sports can only be subscribed to from your home, no commercial places can subscribe to it yet... maybe in the US you can get it at a bar and at home...

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2014, 12:33:21 PM »
What is kickoff time?

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2014, 12:52:56 PM »
hey folks TV 4 will be carrying this game live!

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2014, 01:22:49 PM »
Soccerway says kickoff is 6:30 EST

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2014, 02:31:48 PM »

Jan-Michael / Cleon John

Bateau (Radanfah)   Primus (Marshall)
                 Hoyte (Cyrus, Gonzales)                              Jloyd (JLloyd, A. David)

Boucaud (Leston Paul, Kev. George)  Hyland (Theobald)
                    Peltier (Molino, Da Silva )                                              Joevin (S Winchester)

Plaza (Guerra, Joseph, Glen)
                                                                   Jones (Caesar, Jorsling)

Got some dice-throws in this team - I'm convinced that Marshall will be in the squad given his performances in the past couple months, although maybe not starting given the quality we have back there. Likewise, I think the lack of exposure to Hart could undermine Power's chances of getting into teh squad. Jorsling might not play given the lack of play for Defence Force, which opens it up to probably the most competitive front-line in a while in terms of places. Any of Plaza, Joseph, Glen and Caesar could nick that, as well as R Winchester or some other youths if he felt like blooding them.

Nice side. But is Cyrus in the line up.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2014, 02:45:59 PM »
maybe 3 center backs...
play de fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2014, 02:58:05 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8D47LdQ1NVk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8D47LdQ1NVk</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2014, 03:34:08 PM »
Who replacing Kevan George? Since Crew not releasing him for the game.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2014, 03:55:32 PM »
biased call: Alvin Jones..let them try to keep up with the Joneses nah  :D

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2014, 04:21:21 PM »
biased call: Alvin Jones..let them try to keep up with the Joneses nah  :D

This would actually make sense if Hart decides to play Joevin as a CM or LM but since i doubt this will happen i doubt there will be a replacement call up. Having said that I cant see Hart playing an offensive minded LB in a game that we will have less than 40% of the ball.

My guess at the lineup.

Williams
Edwards
Bateau
Mitchell
Justin
Molino
Hyland
Guerra
Boucard
Peltier
Kenwyne