March 28, 2024, 01:25:40 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Argentina Game (4-Jun-2014)  (Read 75975 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Argentina Game (4-Jun-2014)
« Reply #180 on: June 04, 2014, 06:25:03 AM »
Argentina 2 - T&T 4
Messi 2 - KJ 3, Molino 1

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2014, 06:43:31 AM »
GISL will be streaming the match live via their Facebook page at this link from 6:15 pm

https://www.facebook.com/ourtv4

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 04, 2014, 07:02:08 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_xPx2F_FVz0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_xPx2F_FVz0</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 04, 2014, 07:42:11 AM »
Argentina 3 v T&T 1

Just being realisitc and generous.

Argentina have to many attacking power.

But their defence is not on par, hopefull, T&T dont sit back, maybe they could pull it off if they go into the game to win it.

But if T&T play the way they did at the 2006 WC, then they asking for trouble.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 04, 2014, 08:13:34 AM »
Come on boys put some Soca Bois in they arse. Upset - make ah case for why we should be in the WC.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 04, 2014, 08:39:47 AM »
Go Warriors

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 04, 2014, 08:49:18 AM »
Messi will definitely line up this evening against the Soca Warriors.
Taken from his official Facebook page:

"Para mí, siempre es un placer jugar en la Argentina. Estoy encantado de poder prepararme aquí para el Mundial. Por cierto, hoy estrenaré mis botas Battle Pack de adidas en un juego, ¡espero que les gusten!"

"For me it is always a huge pleasure to play in Argentina. I am delighted to be here preparing for the World Cup. Today I’m wearing my adidas Football Battle Pack boots for the first time in a match. I hope you like them!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #187 on: June 04, 2014, 08:52:54 AM »
most of the time, T&T don't realize their potential... they can play with and beat the best of them..

this game is 80% mental/psychological...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Soca Warriors Online Media in Argentina
« Reply #188 on: June 04, 2014, 08:55:20 AM »
is that...

in the tan pants, balding, with back to the camera?

if it is, nice to see he's around and supporting the fellas.

??? ??? who is that boss?

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 04, 2014, 08:58:05 AM »
Tragedy cuts short a life long dream
By: Carlon Garcia (SWO Media).

My Argentina experience

Men can be basic creatures at times. A semi revealing bathing suit, a sporting event, even a cold beer.... all serve to satisfy a man's most basic desires.

For the football fan, and perhaps more so for the Trini football fan, rarely can anything compare to the national team playing against a top flight country or in a world cup qualifier do or die game.

We only have to look back to 1989 vs USA, 2005 vs Bahrain and 2008 vs England to remember how filled the stadium was and the excitement that accompanied those match ups.

When the friendly (for us)/ world cup warm up (for them), vs Argentina was announced and confirmed, and I can say this without fear of contradiction, no one was more excited than I was.

I've been a lifelong Argentina fan. At primary school in 1990, I cried as if I had lost a loved one, first when Cameroon won the opener and again when Germany won the final. A door in my parents' house remains emblazoned with the words 'Diego Maradona #10', written in liquid paper when I was 7 or 8 years old. As I grew older, my girlfriend (now my wife) would resolve our disagreements with presentations of Argentina football jerseys. My adoration of Argentina knew and continues to know no bounds. I am Argentina.

I respected Brazil as a football nation, but they always paled in comparison to my beloved Argentina. Brazil produced legends....Argentina gave us Gods.

I immediately knew that I would be in Argentina to look at the game.

As it turned out, I had to exclude myself from the TTFF charter to Argentina. My son, a young and budding wing back for W Connection's league topping U16 team had a game on the Sunday the charter flight was due to leave and I opted to be present at his game rather than on the charter flight.

As a result I booked my own travel arrangements on American Airlines and left Trinidad on Monday afternoon.

My excitement was at fever pitch. Argentina. The promised land. The cradle of my football life. Any true footballer or fan must make the journey to Argentina as necessary as the Muslims to Egypt, the Hindus to India or Giorgio Tsoukalos to the Nazca lines.

Stopping off in Miami I refuelled. I let my family know I was at my first stop and if they didn't hear from me for the next 3 days that they should fear not....for either I am inextricably bound and gagged by the throes of ecstasy or I have passed on in the only place other than my wife's arms that God understood and would allow me to pay Him a permanent visit.

The flight out of Miami to Argentina was delayed by close to an hour. So I was on the plane for almost 10 hours by the time I landed in Buenos Aires. It was a very minor sacrifice. Visits to Anfield and Old Trafford required more sacrifice and offered less reward.

I switched on my phone to catch the airport WiFi (which was not free) and to contact a friend with whom prior arrangements had been made.

It was here that my excitement turned rapidly to despair.

The icons on my phone indicated voice mails and 500+ messages from various group whatsapp conversations. I chose to listen to the voice mails.

My wife's brother had been shot in an apparent botched robbery. He was in the hospital in a critical condition. My wife left the message not as a request to return, but rather for more informational purposes. In fact, she insisted that I stay on to fulfill my destiny, assuring me that all was under control.

A choice had to be made. Without second thought, I began what turned out to be an inordinately traumatic experience in changing my return flight plans. I paid the exorbitant change fee and waited literally all day for a flight back to Trinidad via Miami. I had landed in Buenos Aires a little after 10 am and boarded a flight to Miami at 10:55 pm.

Crime had hit my family in quick succession over the past few weeks. It is this for which my Argentina trip will be remembered. Not the historic walks and tours I had booked. Not the soca warriors vs the albiceleste. Not the pre scheduled visit to Villa Fiorito. Not the trip to la Iglesia Maradoniana.

Rather my memory will be of a woman who feigned strength to allow her husband his dream. Of a society so stricken with the malady of crime that even the best thought out plans remain saddled with the encumbrance of it.

To my wife.....I will never desert you even though you were willing to grant me the permission to do so.

Don't cry for me, Argentina.... the truth is I never loved you...at  least not as much as I love my wife.

My consolation lies two fold.....I breathed the very air that He breathed, and I will be back. That I promise
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #190 on: June 04, 2014, 09:01:40 AM »
Argentina 3 v T&T 1

Just being realisitc and generous.

Argentina have to many attacking power.

But their defence is not on par, hopefull, T&T dont sit back, maybe they could pull it off if they go into the game to win it.

But if T&T play the way they did at the 2006 WC, then they asking for trouble.

I think 4-1 is more like it.

I worry about our lack of offence in mdfld.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 04, 2014, 09:11:00 AM »
Tragedy cuts short a life long dream
By: Carlon Garcia (SWO Media).

My Argentina experience

Men can be basic creatures at times. A semi revealing bathing suit, a sporting event, even a cold beer.... all serve to satisfy a man's most basic desires.

For the football fan, and perhaps more so for the Trini football fan, rarely can anything compare to the national team playing against a top flight country or in a world cup qualifier do or die game.

We only have to look back to 1989 vs USA, 2005 vs Bahrain and 2008 vs England to remember how filled the stadium was and the excitement that accompanied those match ups.

When the friendly (for us)/ world cup warm up (for them), vs Argentina was announced and confirmed, and I can say this without fear of contradiction, no one was more excited than I was.

I've been a lifelong Argentina fan. At primary school in 1990, I cried as if I had lost a loved one, first when Cameroon won the opener and again when Germany won the final. A door in my parents' house remains emblazoned with the words 'Diego Maradona #10', written in liquid paper when I was 7 or 8 years old. As I grew older, my girlfriend (now my wife) would resolve our disagreements with presentations of Argentina football jerseys. My adoration of Argentina knew and continues to know no bounds. I am Argentina.

I respected Brazil as a football nation, but they always paled in comparison to my beloved Argentina. Brazil produced legends....Argentina gave us Gods.

I immediately knew that I would be in Argentina to look at the game.

As it turned out, I had to exclude myself from the TTFF charter to Argentina. My son, a young and budding wing back for W Connection's league topping U16 team had a game on the Sunday the charter flight was due to leave and I opted to be present at his game rather than on the charter flight.

As a result I booked my own travel arrangements on American Airlines and left Trinidad on Monday afternoon.

My excitement was at fever pitch. Argentina. The promised land. The cradle of my football life. Any true footballer or fan must make the journey to Argentina as necessary as the Muslims to Egypt, the Hindus to India or Giorgio Tsoukalos to the Nazca lines.

Stopping off in Miami I refuelled. I let my family know I was at my first stop and if they didn't hear from me for the next 3 days that they should fear not....for either I am inextricably bound and gagged by the throes of ecstasy or I have passed on in the only place other than my wife's arms that God understood and would allow me to pay Him a permanent visit.

The flight out of Miami to Argentina was delayed by close to an hour. So I was on the plane for almost 10 hours by the time I landed in Buenos Aires. It was a very minor sacrifice. Visits to Anfield and Old Trafford required more sacrifice and offered less reward.

I switched on my phone to catch the airport WiFi (which was not free) and to contact a friend with whom prior arrangements had been made.

It was here that my excitement turned rapidly to despair.

The icons on my phone indicated voice mails and 500+ messages from various group whatsapp conversations. I chose to listen to the voice mails.

My wife's brother had been shot in an apparent botched robbery. He was in the hospital in a critical condition. My wife left the message not as a request to return, but rather for more informational purposes. In fact, she insisted that I stay on to fulfill my destiny, assuring me that all was under control.

A choice had to be made. Without second thought, I began what turned out to be an inordinately traumatic experience in changing my return flight plans. I paid the exorbitant change fee and waited literally all day for a flight back to Trinidad via Miami. I had landed in Buenos Aires a little after 10 am and boarded a flight to Miami at 10:55 pm.

Crime had hit my family in quick succession over the past few weeks. It is this for which my Argentina trip will be remembered. Not the historic walks and tours I had booked. Not the soca warriors vs the albiceleste. Not the pre scheduled visit to Villa Fiorito. Not the trip to la Iglesia Maradoniana.

Rather my memory will be of a woman who feigned strength to allow her husband his dream. Of a society so stricken with the malady of crime that even the best thought out plans remain saddled with the encumbrance of it.

To my wife.....I will never desert you even though you were willing to grant me the permission to do so.

Don't cry for me, Argentina.... the truth is I never loved you...at  least not as much as I love my wife.

My consolation lies two fold.....I breathed the very air that He breathed, and I will be back. That I promise

Wow DT I pray that all works out for your brother in law.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 04, 2014, 09:19:38 AM »
Team prayer anyone.... :devil:

Make history again
Shock the sheriff and send the deputy into hiding
Play mas as only T and T can

Offline Texastrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 04, 2014, 09:19:57 AM »
Hold strong bro.  As much as we love it football is ah game, family come first especially with things like these.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 04, 2014, 09:23:37 AM »
Pressha!  I hope everything works out for the better Diamondtrim

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2014, 10:08:57 AM »
Wow that is surreal. Life can kick you in the ass sometimes. Prayers for a speedy, full recovery to your brother.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 04, 2014, 10:20:38 AM »
Very sorry to hear that DT, I hope everything turns out well for your brother-in-law and recovers stronger than ever.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 04, 2014, 10:31:52 AM »
Very important question

Is the broadcast that of BeinSports or sine other station

OR

a blank feed with commentary provided by locals....this hav me mor nervous than d game itself

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #198 on: June 04, 2014, 10:37:41 AM »
Here is the copy from the 1967 account in the Winnipeg Free Press:

Tears Flow As Champs Bow
Date Published: 1967-07-29
Source: Winnipeg Free Press
Page: 8

HOT tears cursed down the cheeks of the favored Argentinians as they walked off the pitch at Winnipeg Stadium Friday night beaten 1-0 by the dark horses, Trinidad and Tobago, and out of the playoffs.

Centre forward Berassa was the hero, scrambling home the important goal in the 51st minute.

The match was conducted in an exemplary spirit: no doubt the players were sobered by the afternoon's events at Alexander Park.

Among the 5,000 in the stands the steel drums beat out. They had done it. Beaten the soccer supremos from South America, three times Pan-Am champions.

The Argentinians, individually the most gifted team in the tournament, put the noose around their own necks as they weaved themselves time and again into a red web of Trinidad defenders.

By contrast the Trinidadians swung the ball about, moving in beautiful concert in the second half.

Scorers in the battle of Alexander Park were Pereda 2 (one penalty) and Cerda.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 04, 2014, 10:41:58 AM »
 :( :( >:( :'( wow sorry to hear all this...dat have to hurt on all kinda levels....god's speed mih brother...keep strong
I pity the fool....

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 04, 2014, 10:57:29 AM »
You are a good man bro!! My condolences to your wife and her family. CRIME is out of control!!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 04, 2014, 11:05:28 AM »
Mr. Garcia, consider opening up a marriage counseling school oui ...  I mighta been heading down the road of being a wutless, insensitive  :cursing: ______ trapped in Argentina.

Well done. :P

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 04, 2014, 11:11:34 AM »
is GISL the parliament channel??

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 04, 2014, 11:19:06 AM »
Anyone remember the Eng vs T&T game when Becks came to T&T?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 04, 2014, 11:30:07 AM »
The day Argentina fell.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

For the record, Argentina fielded a very young team, with just Racing Club midfielder Rudolphe Vincente and striker Hector Yazalde having reached age 21. At age 18, Boca Juniors striker Carlos Garcia was the youngest of the South Americans.

But there is no dismissing the magnitude of Trinidad and Tobago’s 1-0 victory over Argentina at the 1967 PanAm Games in Winnipeg, Canada. It was a magical tournament for the Caribbean team, fielding a football squad for the first time at the PanAm Games, topping their group, and also winning a bronze medal.

The Argentines were young, but players of potential. A couple of them went on to play in Europe, while at least two later represented the senior Argentine team at international level. Right-back Bargas had 30 national caps and later also played in France for both Metz and Nantes, while striker Yazalde, who died at age 51 in 1997, was once European Golden Shoe winner after scoring 46 goals.

Yazalde also had ten senior national team caps and was a member of Argentina’s 1974 FIFA World Cup team, where he twice scored in a 4-1 win over Haiti. Prominent members of the T&T team included 32-year-old Association Footballer of the Year and the captain Sedley Joseph, 30-year-old Alvin Corneal, and goalie Lincoln “Tiger” Phillips.

Men against boys some might say. But it was no less easy for Trinidad & Tobago, although the Caribbean team had an advantage because FIFA at that time allowed developing CONCACAF teams like Mexico, Canada, Bermuda and T&T to field full national teams, while restricting South Americans Argentina and Colombia to under-23 players. Years later, FIFA changed the rules and restricted all teams to under-23 players.

Corneal played the entire match as T&T cancelled out two first half Alfonzo Tovar (34th & 43rd) goals when Gerry Brown (59th & 88th), Pat Small (79th & 80th) and Kevin Berassa (64th) scored to give them a 5-2 victory over an equally young Colombian team. Injury kept him out the 1-1 draw against Mexico, which had beaten the Caribbean team 4-0 three months before, and he went off annoyed when coach Conrad Brathwaite took him off for the final few minute of the Argentina match.

Kevin Berassa had scored for T&T just about 12 minutes from the end, but Argentina was coming forward in waves. “The guys fought that final 11 minutes to the very end,” Corneal recalled. “I would like to think it was the best bunch of players Trinidad and Tobago had used in a football match up till then.”

Corneal recalls that few believed that a relatively unknown Trinidad and Tobago could beat Argentina at any level, far less advance from a group that also included Mexico and Colombia.

“It seemed a foregone conclusion to everyone that we were not going to come out of the group,” Corneal said frankly. “It was an expectation by the people of Trinidad and Tobago that we were definitely out of depth.”

Tall in goal for Trinidad and Tobago and in his prime at age 26, goalie “Tiger” Phillips remembered being “very busy”, against the young Argentines, who were not taking defeat to an unknown Trinidad and Tobago easily. “Argentina was supposed to win the gold medal,” Phillips declared. “They were the big team.”

Later, T&T were upset 3-1 by Bermuda at the semi-final stage, but beat Canada 4-1 for third spot, while Mexico won gold. Since 1967, Trinidad and Tobago played Argentina three times at Pan Am level, losing 3-2 in 1971. Then Ron La Forrest and company went down 5-1 in 1975, and T&T also lost 6-0 in 1987 when current T&T assistant national coach Hutson Charles and company were in their prime.

Forty-seven years later, the bronze medal is still the only piece of silverware a Trinidad and Tobago men’s national football team has won at the Pam-Am Games. And like them all those years ago, Phillips is backing the current T&T national team to defy expectations and put up a fight against a star-studded Argentina, when the teams meet today in a Pre-World Cup friendly international in Buenos Aires.

“It’s a great opportunity. To have such an opportunity is wonderful. I don’t care what the result,” Phillips declared.“This is our World Cup. It is good for our players and for the coaches, to prepare for a match against a team which is one of the favourites to win the World Cup.”

1967 PAN AM GAMES SQUADS: (Players ages in brackets)

ARGENTINA: - Angel Bargar (20); Eduardo Noberto Cremasco (20), Jorge Dominchi (20), H. Dorado (20), Carlos Garcia (18), Hector Martinez (19), Jose Martinez (20), Jorge Gomez, Hector Martinez (19), Carlos Oriolo, Ramon Ponce, Juan Tavernar (19), Rodolfo Vincente (21), Hector Yazalde (21), Eduardo Zottola, Humberto Zuccarelli.

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO: - Captain- Sedley Joseph (32), Goalkeeper- Lincoln Phillips (26), Alvin Corneal (30), Jean Moutett, Aldwin Ferfuson (32), Tyronne De La Bastide (29), Hugh Mulzac, Selwyn Warren, Arnim David, Teddy Grell (23), Victor Gramaldo (23), Kevin Berassa, Gerry Brown (23), Andy Aleong (24), Jeff Gellineau, Pat Small, Richard Stewart.

Coach: - Conrad Brathwaite.

I fed up read about this myth Alvin and them create. They lying to T&T football people.

They need to stop talking crap about we beat Argentina in 1967. Yes we won the game but People here laughing at that. It was Pan American games and it was Amateur football and an amateur Argentina and Colombia.

That was not the Argentina and Colombia squads that try to qualify for 66 & 70 WC. In any case that Argentina squad did not go on to qualify for 1970 WC and neither did Colombia.

Is pure crap Alvin and them turn into a myth to big up themselves.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 04, 2014, 11:38:15 AM »
is GISL the parliament channel??

No, on Flow the Parliament Channel is 11, GISL is Channel 4. They will be airing online via their Facebook page from 6.15 pm:
https://www.facebook.com/ourtv4

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 04, 2014, 11:39:09 AM »
I agree, we beat Columbia, Argentina but then lose to Bermuda? Seems legit...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 04, 2014, 11:58:14 AM »
Sorry to hear that your dream football holiday got affected by crime back home DT.

Hope & prayer that your brother-in-law will be okay.   :praying:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 04, 2014, 01:17:25 PM »
Sorry to hear of the family tragedy... prayers that the brother in law will pull through.

Fire bun Argentina doh...

socafighter

Me first: Warriors lose out as administrators scramble aboard Argentina flight

Former United States president Ronald Reagan once said the most terrifying words in the English language are: I am from the Government; and I am here to help.

Maybe Reagan had Trinidad and Tobago Government officials in mind.

The “Soca Warriors” received a friendly invitation for a football match from 2014 World Cup title contender Argentina, ranked seventh in the world by FIFA, and the Ministry of Tourism spotted an inherent opportunity to market the two island republic and graciously stepped in to help sponsor the tour.

But, by the weekend before the high-profile friendly, the Government had clearly forgotten its mandate. And the CAL chartered flight that left Piarco for Buenos Aires had an eclectic guest list that included Government officials, former West Indies cricket star Brian Lara, president Anthony Carmona and his wife and the Siparia Rhythm Section; but there was no space for goalkeeping coach Michael Maurice and therapist Dave Isaac. It took Maurice and Isaac  another two days before they could join their colleagues in South America.

Any two persons on the flight could have given up their seats and postponed their trip until Tuesday. But that would have meant considering the needs of the country’s young men first; and such foresight, humility and vision is always unlikely when the Government is handling operations.

Just thank the Lord that no one was fondled, pushed over or screwed on the trip. Mr Live Wire understands that Glenn Ramadharsingh was not on board.

To be fair, the People’s Partnership does not have sole ownership of the “Me First” attitude.

Just over a week ago, Port of Spain mayor Raymond Tim Kee could not spare two hours for a town meeting on the Brian Lara Promenade, which was put on by TV6 for the benefits of his environs and included DOMA president Gregory Aboud and Minister Bhoe Tewarie.

Yet, Tim Kee was happy to clear his week’s schedule to spend five days gallivanting in Argentina with the Warriors. Worse, the football president plans to return to Trinidad.

If the TTFA president, albeit one who doesn’t pay his coaches, does not respect his players and staff enough to sacrifice his seat and prioritise their needs as they go to battle for Trinidad and Tobago; then why would anyone else care?

Photo: Trinidad and Tobago goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams might gave felt exposed in Argentina without his goalkeeping coach. (Copyright Getty Images/AFP/ Mike Zarrilli)

So, Trinidad and Tobago goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams was denied the chance of extra practice with his specialist coach; and God knows he might need it as he prepares to face the Argentine firing squad of Lionel Messi, Sergio Aguero and Gonzalo Higuain.

Still, it could have been worse. At least Minister Two Pull was not there to show the goalkeeper how to wrap up the action.

Courtesy live wire 868

1]; } ?>