March 28, 2024, 09:09:16 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Argentina Game (4-Jun-2014)  (Read 75961 times)

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Argentina Game (4-Jun-2014)
« Reply #390 on: June 04, 2014, 06:16:42 PM »
We obviously have issues in goal and in defence. At some point, we will settle on starters and subs and Hartie will have us ready for the qualifiers. Have faith. We still sifting. I would like to see that youth GK from Houston get a stint in net. He could do no worse.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 04, 2014, 06:21:27 PM »
There are still definite positives - the difference between quality is often determined by consistency or resilience to mistakes. Jan and Mitchell made some mistakes but we're still recovering and we're playing a team that will seldom make mistakes.

Do everybody ah favor and hush sometimes nah.

Bakes hush yourself and try being positive for a change eh?
but yuh can't see even yuh positive have a lil chook with the knife...for all who don't know it..this offense would break down anybody in the world...guess who is the 2 last ppl scrambling..yes...stopper & Goalie...so with all due respect...

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 04, 2014, 06:22:34 PM »
Imho....we need to stop playing Jones up top...and up top alone....plaza and Winchester. ...Jones way too isolated and not enoigh movement. ..guerra and molino shoulda start...not either or....peltier give dem pressure and I sure if we had a more mobile striker we would have been on the score sheet.....the defense...idk....they how we is put it...Argentina play dead to catch cobaeux live....and we defense eat it up.....

Decent performance against a monumental team.....
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 04, 2014, 06:22:54 PM »
Thought-provoking game ... good luck Warriors versus Iran. It will be a completely different environment. No fans, no big media scrum etc. In some respects ah wish the Iran game was the big bash and the ARG game the closed event.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 04, 2014, 06:23:44 PM »
I only have one thing to say...Bring on more high level games like these...thats all
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 04, 2014, 06:25:06 PM »
Imho....we need to stop playing Jones up top...and up top alone....plaza and Winchester. ...Jones way too isolated and not enoigh movement. ..guerra and molino shoulda start...not either or....peltier give dem pressure and I sure if we had a more mobile striker we would have been on the score sheet.....the defense...idk....they how we is put it...Argentina play dead to catch cobaeux live....and we defense eat it up.....

maxg? comments?

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 04, 2014, 06:25:20 PM »
First half was one of our best performances to date imo. Happy to see the guys working well enough to maintain the shape of the team.
Same old story though for us, our fitness level was shown especially around 55 minute mark. Jones was solid but after chasing the game he and the rest of the team looked not so fit but it's not like before when majority of the team was in the late 20's early 30's.

Jan was really unlucky today in bailing the team out like he always does all teams makes mistakes and you don't get to choose whom it happens to, it just happens. Overall the scoreline flatters the actual match that was actioned pack from the get go and very absorbing.

I have to say this tnt side is very easy on the eyes making them enjoyable to watch, something I couldn't say for a very long time.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 04, 2014, 06:26:48 PM »
First half was one of our best performances to date imo. Happy to see the guys working well enough to maintain the shape of the team.
Same old story though for us, our fitness level was shown especially around 55 minute mark. Jones was solid but after chasing the game he and the rest of the team looked not so fit but it's not like before when majority of the team was in the late 20's early 30's.

Jan was really unlucky today in bailing the team out like he always does all teams makes mistakes and you don't get to choose whom it happens to, it just happens. Overall the scoreline flatters the actual match that was actioned pack from the get go and very absorbing.

I have to say this tnt side is very easy on the eyes making them enjoyable to watch, something I couldn't say for a very long time.

Jan was not unlucky. Lehwe not geh carried away.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 04, 2014, 06:30:05 PM »
ARGENTINA 3-0 T&T: Goals and Highlights

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PrcE91J4abg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PrcE91J4abg</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 04, 2014, 06:30:23 PM »
Not as bad as it could have been.  I would have liked to see us have a few more attacking plays.  Our defense got the real workout.  Some good saving tackles sprinkled with a few lapses.  If Lavezzi was on his game he could have had a couple.

Some decent plays in midfield but they have to watch the dribbling in our third.  My heart jumped when I saw KJ about to stroke the ball home but that defender didn't waste time.  That was a great opportunity.

We should be able to compete a lot more vs Iran.  We need to get on the scoresheet.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 04, 2014, 06:30:50 PM »
I believe the lack of playing time for Hyland at his club impacted his game his game today. He frequently gave away possession in some critical areas on the pitch.
The link up play between the the midfield and defense was non-existent for large portions of the match.
Peltier was lively in attack, but he did not support his right back when it was time to defend.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors Online Media in Argentina
« Reply #401 on: June 04, 2014, 06:31:40 PM »
Ah watching how people looking bundled up.  I eh know it chilly in Argentina this time of year.........

Yep Argie is in the southern hemisphere. Southern Brazil is like that also. I don't think they pick any southern city in Brazil for the WC. It is the beginning of fall/winter down there. Just like up here in foreign, we in the end of spring getting into summer.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 04, 2014, 06:31:48 PM »
I only have one thing to say...Bring on more high level games like these...thats all

Agreed. Like PLENTY.

During the game, ah say to mehself ... if we got to play ARG 10-15 times back to back, we would see incremental progress. We would probably also learn different things on different occasions.

ALSO ... to Bakes' point ... after playing them about 10-15 times perhaps we would find a moment where the star-struck thing wore off, and ball for ball just played.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 04, 2014, 06:32:29 PM »
Stay strong for your family. God is love. DT.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #404 on: June 04, 2014, 06:39:56 PM »
Is Jan-Michael Williams the best we could do... seriously?

you know I have to agree with Bakes for once in my life... williams is a shithong and done with the hero worship nonsense...

plenty room for improvement, they haven't played together for several months, 9 days of training, they did okay.. did well in the first half but lacked the grit and match fitness to carry it through in the 2nd.. not making excuses but what Hartie said is reality... all in all we could have performed better, jones should have played a better match

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 04, 2014, 06:40:09 PM »
Ah watching how people looking bundled up.  I eh know it chilly in Argentina this time of year.........

Yep Argie is in the southern hemisphere. Southern Brazil is like that also. I don't think they pick any southern city in Brazil for the WC. It is the beginning of fall/winter down there. Just like up here in foreign, we in the end of spring getting into summer.

Nah, ah handful of games are in Porto Alegre. Lil nippy at night fuh sure.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 04, 2014, 06:43:39 PM »

Ft
maxg? comments?

Why you doh comment?

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 04, 2014, 06:45:08 PM »
DT let me start by saying my prayers go out to your brother in law. 2nd though they say triumph comes from tragedy and the fact that you loved your wife enough to give up your dream is inspiring. It shows that for all the hate around the world right now there is still enough love to combat it.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 04, 2014, 06:47:33 PM »

Ft
maxg? comments?

Why you doh comment?

I plan to ... ah just waiting on maxg ... is a KJ ting, maxg hadda come fwd. Yuh round de route long enough to know his position regarding KJ.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #409 on: June 04, 2014, 06:50:05 PM »
Great sub. Off with Guerra smfh

these players need to live outside of trini and mix with non trinis they will realize this star struck nonsense is bull, the players need to realize they can play at that level and achieve... more confidence is needed..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 04, 2014, 06:50:17 PM »
Men fighting down Williams but I seeing defensive lapses that frig up the man.  Is it me or Argentina eh really saying anything?

On the goals?  ??? NAH!!! And I rell keeper friendly ... Goal #1 kinda had a lil mitigation, but 2 and 3? NO.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #411 on: June 04, 2014, 06:50:58 PM »

Ft
maxg? comments?

Why you doh comment?

I plan to ... ah just waiting on maxg ... is a KJ ting, maxg hadda come fwd. Yuh round de route long enough to know his position regarding KJ.

:beermug: a man who has been here a while knows that talk..

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 04, 2014, 06:51:50 PM »

Nah, ah handful of games are in Porto Alegre. Lil nippy at night fuh sure.

Yes Deeks.  Thanks for the information.  I googled it and saw the temperatures looking kinda low.  Now pull out de Google Earth and realise the country is much further South than I thought and is very mountainous.  Den ah realise like de whole ah Chile is mountain but dais for another thread.  Perhaps when we play Chile   ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #413 on: June 04, 2014, 06:52:26 PM »

Agreed. Like PLENTY.

During the game, ah say to mehself ... if we got to play ARG 10-15 times back to back, we would see incremental progress. We would probably also learn different things on different occasions.

ALSO ... to Bakes' point ... after playing them about 10-15 times perhaps we would find a moment where the star-struck thing wore off, and ball for ball just played.

breds what they need to realize is that these players are not super human and they probably realize that after this match.. despite the hero worship nonsense..

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 04, 2014, 06:53:45 PM »

Ft
maxg? comments?

Why you doh comment?

I is a big kj fan....but optimism running out...gc he on a fire...but idk nah...denman just looking lazy...lone man thing cyah work for we!....to me...he looking like more ofan impact leader...buttt at the same time...what other lleadership we have on the field...yunno what ah mean....all in all...is Argentina. ..but we eh seemnto have a hint of yorke or stern....peltier, molino, and tullah cuz cause some serious problems with the proper striker/stikers...overall again...decent game

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 04, 2014, 07:02:03 PM »
I thought it was a good performance. Hart didnt park the bus. He left the back 4 unprotected for the most part. He wanted the team to go forward. We tried to pass the ball, almost to fault. We wouldnt play like this if this was a "competitive" match. I think Peltier and Marshall were good. Justin and Joevin not so much. The rest fought hard.

This was a different type of loss than I've become used to ... yuh on to something. We still have a lot of collective work to do. If I'm reading your comments right, (and others posted), I would agree that this effort tonight was highly individualized. Not what the coach wanted, but it's what he got.

I would like to see SH stay in the fray to consolidate the NT. He's invested a lot of time in getting to know the players and their attributes. He's garnered respect. He is eminently aware of the political variables. Iz good to see a Trini leading the line ... competent in the facets needed to be the face of a nation.

Let's hope he gets a regular paycheck and can move on from strength to strength.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:04:00 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 04, 2014, 07:04:16 PM »
I thought it was a good performance. Hart didnt park the bus. He left the back 4 unprotected for the most part. He wanted the team to go forward. We tried to pass the ball, almost to fault. We wouldnt play like this if this was a "competitive" match. I think Peltier and Marshall were good. Justin and Joevin not so much. The rest fought hard.

This was a different type of loss than I've become used to ... yuh on to something. We still have a lot of collective work to do. If I'm reading your comments right, (and others posted), I would agree that this effort tonight was highly individualized. Not what the coach wanted, but it's what he got.

I would like to see SH stay in the fray to consolidate the NT. He's invested a lot of time in getting to know the players and their attributes. He's garnered respect. He is eminently aware of the political variables. Iz good to see a Trini leading the line ... competent in the facets needed to be the face of a nation.

Let's hope he gets a regular paycheck and can move on from strength to strength.

:beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 04, 2014, 07:04:58 PM »
There are still definite positives - the difference between quality is often determined by consistency or resilience to mistakes. Jan and Mitchell made some mistakes but we're still recovering and we're playing a team that will seldom make mistakes.

Well said. At the top level the difference maker is often times the team who made that fatal mistake (cue up Gerard). The less mistake you make the greater chance you have of not losing.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 04, 2014, 07:06:01 PM »
noticing a trend with Jan M Willams...the bigger the match...the bigger the mistakes...from the early punch out to some shaky clearences... i say maybe its his mental strength lacking...for all the class Messi free kick had...it was to Jan close side...

sadly dont want to knock the PFL...but not the best envrionment for a keeper to develop...to think Ince...Shaka and Jack were all 1st team choices for UK clubs....so picture it
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 04, 2014, 07:08:50 PM »
Who was wearing the # 7 juzzy for T&T tonight??............

Edit: Never mind ah get mih answer on Sam's "Bow" thread......
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:10:59 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>