March 28, 2024, 10:32:29 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Argentina Game (4-Jun-2014)  (Read 75964 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Argentina Game (4-Jun-2014)
« Reply #420 on: June 04, 2014, 07:10:20 PM »
IMO..  on one side it have a team with some of the best players in the world , able to play together on a  regular basis against quality opposition , even participation in their training session will be a lesson. And then there is we. 1 last place team Premier league player...rest local, or 2 sometimes 3 divisions down, including 1st Division Belgium, not recognised as a BIG team division, ....it's Million of dollars vs less than 1/10th the amount. Not counting the culture.  We didn't settle down, Argentina eased up...tried to practice their midfield & organization. However, what I think, is when they eased up and let us play, we did good and I think we surprised them as they didn't expect us to play so good.  I think we were lucky, but they mess up too . I think we got a little respect there, that will soon be forgotten, once the WC starts. clap,clap.clap...veryyy good...no go outside and play now..

the more we get to play with people like them, the closer we will get to thinking & playing like them..

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 04, 2014, 07:10:51 PM »
I've been noticing on [all] our NT teams some negative defensive similarity in similar situations.

I think we need to revisit individual development in an effort to cure our collective performance. If individuals players struggle with understanding their basic roles and responsibility in specific positions and situations then we will continue to struggle with the team performance.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 04, 2014, 07:16:04 PM »
Jan Micheal did not have his Goal Keeping coach for the past 3 days .He was not fully prepared remember.!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 04, 2014, 07:18:54 PM »
ok...fair enough...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 04, 2014, 07:20:31 PM »
Lol yeah they leave they GK coach at the airport ...but atleast the riddim section sound really good.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 04, 2014, 07:25:28 PM »
The midfield play was.not quick enough,held on to the ball more than was necessary,allowing the opposition to recover or resulting in very poor passes
The third goal went over the byeline
Warriors did not embarrass but much more is expected

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 04, 2014, 07:31:38 PM »
noticing a trend with Jan M Willams...the bigger the match...the bigger the mistakes...from the early punch out to some shaky clearences... i say maybe its his mental strength lacking...for all the class Messi free kick had...it was to Jan close side...

sadly dont want to knock the PFL...but not the best envrionment for a keeper to develop...to think Ince...Shaka and Jack were all 1st team choices for UK clubs....so picture it

Michael Maurice or not ...

... when that video gets posted, dahis good fodder for the GK thread. Frankly, JMW could benefit from a wholesome roundtable conversation with Hislop, Phillips, Ince, Jack etc. He was not mentally invested in that free kick.

This is one time ah not letting de Pro League get bashed. I am on record as saying positive things about JMW ... but tonight? NAH!!!! NOPE. On the free kick, look at JMW's hands (position) before and during the kick ... some answers there.

Recently I made a comment about the goal Marvin Oliver scored on the boss free kick ... quality kicks gehhin put down in de Pro League. Without apology ah saying Jan lapsed mentally on this goal. And, the reality is, this mental lapse was fuh me the bulk of the error ... to begin with his organizational efforts with the wall were  :frustrated:

I called the kick as generating a goal. Thought it would happen directly to his left ... but the intention to place it there was clear (it hit the damn post). Jan didn't act like he had any sight of the ball from the start.

Some months back I posted a free kick Riquelme converted ... delay, distractions etc ... whoosh goal! There's a lot to absorb as a keeper in those situations, but tonight's goal lacked much of that huge challenge.

Yuh could say our defenders should have reacted faster to the attacker breaking from the wall, but ... reaction was one of our issues tonight. Jes listen to what SH was telling the players to do b/c they weren't seeing it for themselves quickly to quickly enough.

Incidentally, I think Messi bought a cheap call there ... but hey, dahis Messi.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:51:56 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 04, 2014, 07:41:59 PM »
I've been noticing on [all] our NT teams some negative defensive similarity in similar situations.

I think we need to revisit individual development in an effort to cure our collective performance. If individuals players struggle with understanding their basic roles and responsibility in specific positions and situations then we will continue to struggle with the team performance.

:beermug:

it hadda be driven in during games like today ... yuh remember dem pre-season scrimmages that run for 30' x 3? with team having a lil chat regarding game situations ... plus video evidence.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 04, 2014, 07:46:08 PM »
I have been watching T&T football since in the days of Jean Moutett. I honestly believe that Jan Michael, no fault of his, is easily the least effective of all. He is a hard trier though. Just not talented enough. My bad the other guy from defense force (can't remember his name right now) he might be Jan's biggest rival.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #429 on: June 04, 2014, 07:50:41 PM »
Final Score

Argentina 3  v  Trinidad and Tobago 0
Palacio 46
Mascherano 51
Rodríguez 64

Teams

Argentina: - 1.Sergio Romero, 3.Hugo Armando Campagnaro, 15.Martín Demichelis (23.José María Basanta 46th), 16.Marcos Rojo, 17.Federico Fernández, 5.Fernando Gago (6.Lucas Biglia 46th), 7.Ángel Di María (8.Enzo Pérez 63rd - Yellow 72), 14.Javier Mascherano (19.Ricardo Álvarez Puig 70th), 10.Lionel Messi (capt), 18.Rodrigo Palacio (13.Augusto Fernandez 76th), 22.Ezequiel Lavezzi (11.Maxi Rodríguez 56th).

COACH: - Alejandro Sabella.

Trinidad and Tobago: - 21.Jan-Michael Williams, 2.Justin Hoyte, 4.Sheldon Bateau, 12.Yohance Marshall, 19.Carlyle Mitchell (Yellow 49) (17.Gavin Hoyte 71st), 3.Joevin Jones (13.Rundell Winchester 86th), 8.Khaleem Hyland (Yellow 37), 14.Andre Boucaud (Yellow 26) (5.Kevan George 71st), 23.Lester Peltier, 7.Ataullah Guerra (10.Kevin Molino 60th), 9.Kenwyne Jones (capt) (11.Willis Plaza 77th).

COACH: - Stephan Hart.

Venue: - Estadio Ciudad de La Plata.

MATCH STATS

Argentina  v  Trinidad and Tobago

17 (5)  Shots (on goal)  6 (2)
12  Fouls  13
10  Corner kicks  5
Offsides  0
69%  Time of Possession  31%
Yellow Cards  3
Red Cards  0
Saves  4

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:54:48 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 04, 2014, 07:53:06 PM »
IMO..  on one side it have a team with some of the best players in the world , able to play together on a  regular basis against quality opposition , even participation in their training session will be a lesson. And then there is we. 1 last place team Premier league player...rest local, or 2 sometimes 3 divisions down, including 1st Division Belgium, not recognised as a BIG team division, ....it's Million of dollars vs less than 1/10th the amount. Not counting the culture.  We didn't settle down, Argentina eased up...tried to practice their midfield & organization. However, what I think, is when they eased up and let us play, we did good and I think we surprised them as they didn't expect us to play so good.  I think we were lucky, but they mess up too . I think we got a little respect there, that will soon be forgotten, once the WC starts. clap,clap.clap...veryyy good...no go outside and play now..

the more we get to play with people like them, the closer we will get to thinking & playing like them..

almost forget...the type of game SH called on for the team to play..KJ should not have been starting...he is a good hold up, lay off, and given an opportunity might score man..SH knew that was not going to happen in the earlies if at all in this game...he should have started one of the more enterprising forwards, who can go i alone for short period of time or  even an attacking midfielder...thus a 4-4-1-0.
KJ don't have the physicality nor the gumption to run between man bouncing ball back & forth..thus he was practically useless..I would have started one of the fitter, faster, miserable, fit youths..to do that, and bring on KJ, when Argentina realize they don't have to get on with all that..i.e. they relax..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 04, 2014, 08:05:52 PM »
Imho....we need to stop playing Jones up top...and up top alone....plaza and Winchester. ...Jones way too isolated and not enoigh movement. ..guerra and molino shoulda start...not either or....peltier give dem pressure and I sure if we had a more mobile striker we would have been on the score sheet.....the defense...idk....they how we is put it...Argentina play dead to catch cobaeux live....and we defense eat it up.....

Decent performance against a monumental team.....
Ft
maxg? comments?

Why you doh comment?

I plan to ... ah just waiting on maxg ... is a KJ ting, maxg hadda come fwd. Yuh round de route long enough to know his position regarding KJ.

I is a big kj fan....but optimism running out...gc he on a fire...but idk nah...denman just looking lazy...lone man thing cyah work for we!....to me...he looking like more ofan impact leader...buttt at the same time...what other lleadership we have on the field...yunno what ah mean....all in all...is Argentina. ..but we eh seemnto have a hint of yorke or stern....peltier, molino, and tullah cuz cause some serious problems with the proper striker/stikers...overall again...decent game

I share much of your sentiment ... particularly with respect to the original post. Here's what I doh agree with: there's been a charge - from time to time - that he's lazy. I agree it looks so ... but, I think it's tied to another point you made: lack of natural movement.

No point in the compare and contrast with DY and SJ ... different genre of ballers; different discussion. (Glen must have had an uncomfortable time watching this game).

I'm not a fan of the formation ... having used it, we didn't hit the nail on the head (just listen to SH during the game if anybody has a doubt). However, I agree ... I'm not sold on what's on offer there in terms of cost v benefit ... aside from leadership.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 04, 2014, 08:06:55 PM »

almost forget...the type of game SH called on for the team to play..KJ should not have been starting...he is a good hold up, lay off, and given an opportunity might score man..SH knew that was not going to happen in the earlies if at all in this game...he should have started one of the more enterprising forwards, who can go i alone for short period of time or  even an attacking midfielder...thus a 4-4-1-0. KJ don't have the physicality nor the gumption to run between man bouncing ball back & forth..thus he was practically useless..I would have started one of the fitter, faster, miserable, fit youths..to do that, and bring on KJ, when Argentina realize they don't have to get on with all that..i.e. they relax..

Amen.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 08:10:37 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 04, 2014, 08:09:21 PM »
Iran have to get something
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 04, 2014, 08:23:14 PM »
I had visions of going ah half scoreless and was talking that up jes as de goal scored ... that goal made half time a slightly different conversation for Sabella. (Ah wanted to send him a memo to the effect of ... "Carlitos Tevez wouldn't ah miss dem ting so. Damn jed, No Banega, no Pastore?!")  :rotfl:

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors Online Media in Argentina
« Reply #435 on: June 04, 2014, 08:48:58 PM »
God bless and good luck man

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 04, 2014, 09:24:18 PM »
man bowing to messi oui!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 04, 2014, 09:28:46 PM »
I agree with Big Mag. We need more games like this against top level competition. I would argue that the last big game we had was vs. England. Our organization has definitely improved. I would like to see the local players in particular play as if scouts and club coaches worldwide are evaluating them. It's a huge opportunity to showcase their skills and help them to move on to greater things. Good performances would get us more invites to play big time teams. Hopefully, this is the start of greater things. Let's keep backing the boys. Corporate T&T is time to get on board. Dracula gone. Wha is de excuse now?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #438 on: June 04, 2014, 09:49:54 PM »
I doh see PFL games, so I doh know bout those. But I never see Joevin have a game for the national team that make me say, 'dis boy have it.'

iver said this from the first time i saw him and real people start to cuss... for me hector is above him by far and cyrus was sadly missed

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #439 on: June 04, 2014, 10:18:43 PM »

almost forget...the type of game SH called on for the team to play..KJ should not have been starting...he is a good hold up, lay off, and given an opportunity might score man..SH knew that was not going to happen in the earlies if at all in this game...he should have started one of the more enterprising forwards, who can go i alone for short period of time or  even an attacking midfielder...thus a 4-4-1-0.
KJ don't have the physicality nor the gumption to run between man bouncing ball back & forth..thus he was practically useless..I would have started one of the fitter, faster, miserable, fit youths..to do that, and bring on KJ, when Argentina realize they don't have to get on with all that..i.e. they relax..

we needed someone other than a target man to start us off, SH probably would have loved to change his tactics after the match had concluded... someone like glen or plaza would have been a optimal type of striker to make those runs and link up with the mid.. bc we held possession for very little of the match, KJ's role was diminished.. a striker that would run at argentina could have made a world of difference..

but then you can't exclude your captain, which would call for a striker totally opposite to KJ to pair up with, the back to the goal type of striker wouldn't thrive against the likes of an argentina, at least not today..
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:22:02 PM by Controversial »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 05, 2014, 07:21:39 AM »

we needed someone other than a target man to start us off, SH probably would have loved to change his tactics after the match had concluded... someone like glen or plaza would have been a optimal type of striker to make those runs and link up with the mid.. bc we held possession for very little of the match, KJ's role was diminished.. a striker that would run at argentina could have made a world of difference..

but then you can't exclude your captain, which would call for a striker totally opposite to KJ to pair up with, the back to the goal type of striker wouldn't thrive against the likes of an argentina, at least not today..
truth be told..i feelthink he play KJ to big him up, and stroke his ego. Is Argentina, everybody want to play.. Because most of our important games, we will need exactly what KJ can bring, more than one of our (beep beep) roadrunner guys. So he paid him some respect, and probably would have made a half change, and then goal 1 happened. So now he went to steal one back early in 2nd, didn't happenm 2nd goal....ok..let's give as many we can a lil reward for the hardwork, and feeling for the bright lights. JJ having problems with bright lights doh.
 I would start the same team vs Iran, minus JJ.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 07:31:17 AM by maxg »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 05, 2014, 08:57:57 AM »
I think coach Hart did a very good job with this team and the few resources at his disposal.

Had we gotten one practice game in...I think we may have had a more positive showing.

However I am proud at how the fellas played...Argentina is a big side. player for player they have better personnel and yet still we matched them.

Maybe Argentina didnt try too hard, maybe they were frustrated or really they ent that good. But whatever it is if the players had a lil more belief the outcome mighta be better.

Hart tactics were spot on...is d players were poor in execution.

A goal changes a game and had Kenwyne put that one in early, it woulda give the team a lift.

We need more games like this as Big Mag said...but look at how this side has improved...they also follow instructions and are more disciplined than before, which is refreshing.

We going in the right direction, have patience.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 05, 2014, 09:22:12 AM »
Nicely said Touches.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #443 on: June 05, 2014, 09:38:53 AM »

truth be told..i feelthink he play KJ to big him up, and stroke his ego. Is Argentina, everybody want to play.. Because most of our important games, we will need exactly what KJ can bring, more than one of our (beep beep) roadrunner guys. So he paid him some respect, and probably would have made a half change, and then goal 1 happened. So now he went to steal one back early in 2nd, didn't happenm 2nd goal....ok..let's give as many we can a lil reward for the hardwork, and feeling for the bright lights. JJ having problems with bright lights doh.
 I would start the same team vs Iran, minus JJ.

there is nothing special about JJ, molino shows a lot more promise... guerra played decent but the bow kill my respect for him... jones didn't play well and i felt like the team was flat footed... i didn't see the energy and push in the 2nd half... KJ get the bligh but he didn't impress... cyrus missed on a great opportunity to show the world something... wasn't impressed with hyland this game... was never really impressed with him to be honest... i haven't seen iran, so it's hard to say how to approach them.. SH did his best but the players let him down bc of the hero worship.. had they approached the game like a wcq and an opp to show the world how good they are, it would have been different.

mentally their minds were in the wrong place and it affected their game... they let themselves down but they probably don't even realize it..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #444 on: June 05, 2014, 09:47:03 AM »
I think coach Hart did a very good job with this team and the few resources at his disposal.

Had we gotten one practice game in...I think we may have had a more positive showing.

However I am proud at how the fellas played...Argentina is a big side. player for player they have better personnel and yet still we matched them.

Maybe Argentina didnt try too hard, maybe they were frustrated or really they ent that good. But whatever it is if the players had a lil more belief the outcome mighta be better.

Hart tactics were spot on...is d players were poor in execution.

A goal changes a game and had Kenwyne put that one in early, it woulda give the team a lift.

We need more games like this as Big Mag said...but look at how this side has improved...they also follow instructions and are more disciplined than before, which is refreshing.

We going in the right direction, have patience.

their mentality changed the game and that was evident in the end result... done with the hero worship and star gazing... trini players need to have some damn pride and self confidence... shake the man hand and say a few words.. wish him the best... but during the game play him like any other player and play to win...

mentally they were not ready and SH tried his best... he can't transform their minds in such a short space... in order to be a winner you need to think like one... being mentally weak and feeling inferior to your opponent is not the mindset that promotes success

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 05, 2014, 09:51:34 AM »
Some ah allyuh does rell talk ah pack ah flockin ass oui!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #446 on: June 05, 2014, 09:55:24 AM »

why you think argentina is one of the best in the world??? bc they have pride and they don't bow to opponents... their mentality... they won the game before they stepped on the pitch.. mentally they won, tt lost before they step on the pitch bc mentally they already conceded defeat...

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 05, 2014, 10:39:13 AM »
Did anyone notice KJ pants was like a pum pum shorts/tights?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 05, 2014, 10:59:55 AM »

why you think argentina is one of the best in the world??? bc they have pride and they don't bow to opponents... their mentality... they won the game before they stepped on the pitch.. mentally they won, tt lost before they step on the pitch bc mentally they already conceded defeat...

Do you ever take into consideration the physical (fitness, technique, speed, agility, etc) aspects of the game? Do you think the game is won and lost in the head always?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 05, 2014, 11:12:57 AM »
What did you all want from this game? I am bemused by some of the rants pre-game, game and post-game. Do you all really expect players to go from our PFL and go toe to toe with the best in the world who has been/is preparing to make a run to the WC finals? Seriously. You expect Molino to run past Mascherano or for Joevin Jones to lock down Messi or Lavezzi all game.

1]; } ?>