March 29, 2024, 08:04:31 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Argentina Game (4-Jun-2014)  (Read 76019 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Argentina Game (4-Jun-2014)
« Reply #450 on: June 05, 2014, 11:24:41 AM »
Some ah allyuh does rell talk ah pack ah flockin ass oui!

why you think argentina is one of the best in the world??? bc they have pride and they don't bow to opponents... their mentality... they won the game before they stepped on the pitch.. mentally they won, tt lost before they step on the pitch bc mentally they already conceded defeat...

Do you ever take into consideration the physical (fitness, technique, speed, agility, etc) aspects of the game? Do you think the game is won and lost in the head always?

physical is 20% of course, skill and fitness is in that but the mental side of the game is what really wins games..

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 05, 2014, 11:26:37 AM »

why you think argentina is one of the best in the world??? bc they have pride and they don't bow to opponents... their mentality... they won the game before they stepped on the pitch.. mentally they won, tt lost before they step on the pitch bc mentally they already conceded defeat..

Like somebody call yuh name dan?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #452 on: June 05, 2014, 11:29:03 AM »
What did you all want from this game? I am bemused by some of the rants pre-game, game and post-game. Do you all really expect players to go from our PFL and go toe to toe with the best in the world who has been/is preparing to make a run to the WC finals? Seriously. You expect Molino to run past Mascherano or for Joevin Jones to lock down Messi or Lavezzi all game.

simple expectations... run hard, don't bow and go in to win... after watching the match the players did not execute the coaches plan.. they get star struck... with a bunch of players who equal with them... the mind is the most powerful tool...

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 05, 2014, 11:32:33 AM »
Contro hush yuh flockin cont nah.  De shittiest player in Argentina squad better than almost everybody on da trip representin we.  So doh talk no flockry bout "with a bunch of players who equal with them"

Only thing equal is they are all men after that all parallels stop

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 05, 2014, 11:32:44 AM »

why you think argentina is one of the best in the world??? bc they have pride and they don't bow to opponents... their mentality... they won the game before they stepped on the pitch.. mentally they won, tt lost before they step on the pitch bc mentally they already conceded defeat...

Do you ever take into consideration the physical (fitness, technique, speed, agility, etc) aspects of the game? Do you think the game is won and lost in the head always?

physical is 20% of course, skill and fitness is in that but the mental side of the game is what really wins games..

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....................right.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5TPUwrURo6M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5TPUwrURo6M</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 05, 2014, 11:39:12 AM »
What did you all want from this game? I am bemused by some of the rants pre-game, game and post-game. Do you all really expect players to go from our PFL and go toe to toe with the best in the world who has been/is preparing to make a run to the WC finals? Seriously. You expect Molino to run past Mascherano or for Joevin Jones to lock down Messi or Lavezzi all game.

simple expectations... run hard, don't bow and go in to win... after watching the match the players did not execute the coaches plan.. they get star struck... with a bunch of players who equal with them... the mind is the most powerful tool...

Stephen Hart is this you? I did not know you on the technical staff to know that they did not execute the coach plan.

Wait so you mean to tell me Molino and Messi equal? Holy sh@t batman. My internet and cable tv does show me the wrong thing yes. I thought Messi was playing for Barca and won 4 Ballon d'or and is regarded as the best player in the world. Ah mean magical things can happen in Orlando, but damn.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #456 on: June 05, 2014, 11:39:34 AM »
Contro hush yuh flockin cont nah.  De shittiest player in Argentina squad better than almost everybody on da trip representin we.  So doh talk no flockry bout "with a bunch of players who equal with them"

the truth comes out about how you feel about our players... thank you for sharing with us how much the players really mean to you and their value... ;)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #457 on: June 05, 2014, 11:40:58 AM »

Stephen Hart is this you? I did not know you on the technical staff to know that they did not execute the coach plan.

Wait so you mean to tell me Molino and Messi equal? Holy sh@t batman. My internet and cable tv does show me the wrong thing yes. I thought Messi was playing for Barca and won 4 Ballon d'or and is regarded as the best player in the world. Ah mean magical things can happen in Orlando, but damn.

individually dotish messi is a more experienced and better player but football is a team effort... we not talking individual batting records in cricket and even the player is better in skill doesn't mean a lesser skilled player with heart and the mental fortitude cannot win the battle.. you really never play team sports .. it shows and even if you did, you would settle for mediocrity..
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 11:43:09 AM by Controversial »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 05, 2014, 11:44:21 AM »

the truth comes out about how you feel about our players... thank you for sharing with us how much the players really mean to you and their value... ;)

Guess yuh eh peep de truth dat ah feel yuz ah cont lol

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #459 on: June 05, 2014, 11:51:27 AM »

you think insulting a man or being vulgar funny?  :D why you don't go and watch the clip from sports center and hear what the commentators say about our country and team.. laugh at that too idiot..

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 05, 2014, 11:53:59 AM »

individually dotish messi is a more experienced and better player but football is a team effort... we not talking individual batting records in cricket and even the player is better in skill doesn't mean a lesser skilled player with heart and the mental fortitude cannot win the battle.. you really never play team sports .. it shows and even if you did, you would settle for mediocrity..

Ah wonder why messi does make so much money compare to KJ or why they does count individual records, cause in cricket you does bat by yourself to score runs.

You denounce individual ability to turn around and trump it yourself. I never play sports total. I have absolutely no clue about team sports. That's reserved for people like you who believe that believing and hard work trumps every thing.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 05, 2014, 11:57:30 AM »

you think insulting a man or being vulgar funny?  :D why you don't go and watch the clip from sports center and hear what the commentators say about our country and team.. laugh at that too idiot..

Wait, I supposed to care bout wha dem assholes say?  Imagine you ha de nerve to call man idiot.  You rell secure in being ah jackass guy.  Good for you

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 05, 2014, 12:07:55 PM »
Contro, argue with the Professionals who I hope knows about team sports.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 05, 2014, 02:05:24 PM »
just so u bring facts in the discussion.. :devil:

last world cup, Argentina hit Mexico for 3 (3-1 to be exct), Germany hit Argentina for 4...but if we did get in an bring we A game, and show dem we mean business..none a dem coulda do we that, because we have 11 on the field just like them. :-[
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:16:11 PM by maxg »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 05, 2014, 02:24:11 PM »

I understand we have our national pride and would have desperately wanted to do better, but the rubbish people are writing here just kills me. An Argentina 3rd eleven would probably drop 3 on this team.  I thought that given the limited talent pool, the large stage, the expectations of the home crowd we did better than the world audience expected.  And the fact that this team has not played together for 6 months, it was a creditable performance.
1. With better goal keeping and more frequent competition against top teams, we have a good chance to consistently beat Jamaica, Costa Rica, and Honduras and competing well against the US and Mexico;
2. Argentina is not likely to challenge for the World Cup.
Good job T&T and well done Coach Hart.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: June 05, 2014, 02:45:38 PM »
To me our biggest problem is our Goal Keepers. I don't think he made a single clean save. He is a horrible nervous player. You see how good Jack and Hislop would perform under pressure. He is the opposite. Slipping all the time, punching the ball when he should hold it, running after the ball, hardly in his box. SMH. I was confused. Thank God Argentina was missing the target so much because I wouldn't count on him to have saved any of those.

If he is our best GK then I am worried for us.

He needs to go abroad and try to get used to big games. But based on that performance I don't see why anyone would want him.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 05, 2014, 03:47:25 PM »
You expect Molino to run past Mascherano

Yes he can!!! Now, I don't know about Joevin, though.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 05, 2014, 06:41:25 PM »

Fuentes and TTFA Media

Messi, captain of the Argentina team, spoke to live television cameras immediately following the final whistle after his team defeated the “Soca Warriors” 3-0.

“We finished strongly, Trinidad and Tobago were opponents who closed up at the back like some teams in the group will do (in Brazil),” Messi said.

“I think the match was a good one for us. We scored the first goal late in the opening half but we were strong and the team looked good in many parts of the match. Trinidad y Tobago were not a bad team. They had a good set of players who were strong and also fast,” Messi added.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 05, 2014, 09:42:51 PM »
Anybody have a recorded version of the game.  From the highlights I didn't see a single shot from our team.  Anybody went Kerry Jameson and try thing?
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 06, 2014, 03:07:58 AM »
Anybody have a recorded version of the game.  From the highlights I didn't see a single shot from our team.  Anybody went Kerry Jameson and try thing?

Only shot I remember is Guerra's long-range shot early in the game. I know there were 6 according to stats but that's the only one in my mind :( Jones could have had 2 in that match sadly

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 06, 2014, 04:43:43 AM »

http://livefootballvideo.com/fullmatch/world/friendlies/argentina-vs-trinidad-and-tobago

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 06, 2014, 05:08:48 AM »
On the corner leading to the opening goal: was it necessary to have a defender on the near post?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 06, 2014, 06:24:27 AM »

yuh kidding right... they leave behind essential staff and give 2 riddim section fellahs the bligh bc they was with the ministry... them men couldn't have the manners and wasn't big enough to forgo their seats and take a later flight? >:( i won't even start with the ministry.. it's an important match, not a lime, them locals feel is ah joke thing...

How were the riddim section fellahs to know what was going on? Why should the burden and responsibility be on them?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #473 on: June 06, 2014, 06:55:49 AM »

yuh kidding right... they leave behind essential staff and give 2 riddim section fellahs the bligh bc they was with the ministry... them men couldn't have the manners and wasn't big enough to forgo their seats and take a later flight? >:( i won't even start with the ministry.. it's an important match, not a lime, them locals feel is ah joke thing...

How were the riddim section fellahs to know what was going on? Why should the burden and responsibility be on them?

Lasana's slant was that the riddim section guys had a choice and chose not to give up their tickets but for me it is only partially them to blame... most of it lies with the ministry and ttfa

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #474 on: June 06, 2014, 06:57:35 AM »
Contro, argue with the Professionals who I hope knows about team sports.

where in that report does it factor in self confidence and insecurity? you can list stats based on miles ran and a lot of factors but the mental approach to the game is the biggest factor that cannot be measured in most cases.. patient build up and those factors are related to composure, tactics, strategy and experience as well.. which inevitably goes back to their mental approach to the game.. But having family who actually played for one of those teams at the highest level.. they will tell you this, when we step out to play any team, whether it be brazil or argentina, we are playing to beat them...

if west indies went by population, reputation or size of nation and resources, we would have never dominated world cricket for so long...  TT can beat anyone on any given day with the right prep and mental approach...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 07:03:43 AM by Controversial »

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 06, 2014, 09:31:00 AM »
Contro - Feb 13th, 2000, CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Mexico vs Trinidad.
Did you see that game?

This is what happens when you play with too much naïvety.
We went out to attack Mexico as equals, first time I had seen us do that, and while we played brave and looked very enterprising, we got a licking and a lesson.

mental strength must be placed in the context of wider reality. Here we are arguing about how we performed vs full strength Argentina in Buenos Aires lol.

10th June, 2006 - Trinidad vs Sweden. This is what happens when you play within your limits, understanding the broader context of reality.

At this moment in time, we are levels of class below Argentina. You can sit and type words in theory about how to approach the game. Its not you walking out onto that pitch and wondering how in God's name you gonna stop the best play on the planet, and his sidekicks, in front a partisan crowd.

if we played like this against Honduras, then I would have a big problem..

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 06, 2014, 10:16:38 AM »
Mexico vs Trinidad.
Did you see that game?

We went out to attack Mexico as equals, first time I had seen us do that, and while we played brave and looked very enterprising, we got a licking and a lesson.

mental strength must be placed in the context of wider reality. Here we are arguing about how we performed vs full strength Argentina in Buenos Aires lol.

10th June, 2006 - Trinidad vs Sweden. This is what happens when you play within your limits, understanding the broader context of reality.

At this moment in time, we are levels of class below Argentina. You can sit and type words in theory about how to approach the game. Its not you walking out onto that pitch and wondering how in God's name you gonna stop the best play on the planet, and his sidekicks, in front a partisan crowd.

You makin too much sense fuh some in here dan, trust meh!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #477 on: June 06, 2014, 10:42:38 AM »
Mexico vs Trinidad.
Did you see that game?

You makin too much sense fuh some in here dan, trust meh!!

where did i ever advocate naivety in any of my responses? allyuh men does jump to a set of conclusions and pat yourself on the back when you making no sense..

being confident, and mentally prepared is not the same thing as overconfidence and naivety... interpretation is key when communicating, if you misread someone the english language allows that person to correct their perspective..

football is war, it is chess and is played with high level strategy and a player must be mentally prepared whether he is great or not..a great skillful player who is not mentally prepared will lose to a lesser skilled player who is mentally and psychologically prepared.. not to say our players are not skillful enough, because they are and haven't been given chances like this before or on a regular basis..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 06, 2014, 11:23:53 AM »

where in that report does it factor in self confidence and insecurity? ..

Winning mentality.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 06, 2014, 11:59:07 AM »
Mexico vs Trinidad.
Did you see that game?

Man catch Contro contradicting himself from his past statements! This forum sweet yes!  :rotfl:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>